Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election (28100 Views)

Ahmad Babba Kaita Dumps APC For PDP / Senator Ahmad Babba Kaita Booed, Chased Away From Wedding In Katsina / Buhari Wins Katsina With 1,232,133 Votes (daily Trust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Omotaday(m): 10:57am On Aug 12, 2018
AnonPoet:
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Saturday’s senatorial by-election in Katsina, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, is the winner, released results show.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is soon to formally declare the winner.
But its released results, already pastes at the collation centre, show that Mr Babba-Kaita, currently a member of the House of Representatives, polled 224, 607 votes to beat five other contestants.
His closest rival, who is his elder brother, Kabir Babba-Kaita, was only able to garner 59, 724 votes. The elder Babba-Kaita was the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.
The other results show that GPN scores 1056, DA got 796, MPN secured 633 while MMN got 343 votes to emerge third, fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
The seat became vacant in April following the death of Senator Mustapha Bukar.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/279825-breaking-apc-candidate-ahmad-babba-kaita-wins-katsina-north-by-election.html
What will now happen to his seat in the Lower Chamber? Someone should kindly respond.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

I understand you now. I wrongly assumed you were one of those who only realize how useless politics and politicians are when PDP loses but can die defending saraki simply because he's outsmarting buhari.

I've realized all the politicians, whether in PDP, APC apga or even sowore himself are mostly in it for themselves. Communal benefits are just ancillaries to their own personal interests. Right now, I'm past feeling but will mock any buffoon who comes to pontificate on how PDP created an utopian nation before 2015!

You mention UAE. I hope you remember they're a monarchy of Muslims? Do you honestly want such in Nigeria? Democracy is overrated I now believe but what system will work for us
You get my drift.
@ the bolded, Alexander Pope said 'of forms of government, let fools contend;what is best is best.
I do not necessarily believe in democracy. I believe in good governance. Not many people know that the founding fathers of American never believed in democracy which they equated with mob rule.
Thomas Jefferson declared: "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

Talking about UAE, I often point out to people who say Islam has stunted the thinking of the North and made them underdeveloped that Islam has a rich history of progress in all spheres. In fact when Europe was shrouded in the mist of superstition during the era called dark ages, the Muslim world was making great strides in mathematics, medicine, literature, architecture, philosophy and science.

In modern times we have seen countries with Muslim majority named as prosperous Nations- Qatar, UAE, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.

When I talk like this it is easy to mistake me for a Muslim but I am not a Muslim and I am not a Christian either.
Progress, prosperity, the good life is not the preserve or prerogative of any race or religion. We simply lack leaders who can inspire our people to create a civilization. Our politicians are a blight and a curse.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Demmzy15(m): 11:10am On Aug 12, 2018
Esseite:
PDP did well with a 21% approx in buhari's senatorial enclave despite at the eve of majorly northern defections vis-a-viz to the 5% it got in 2015.

The two are brothers, so surely there would be people who would still vote the other. If me and my junior bro contest an election, even if I win, others will still vote for him. Stop giving PDP false hopes!
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Paulezeh: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2018
Buhari is indeed a monument to worship in the north. Let the wailers take their sits. Even in dreams, no one can beat buhari come 2023. I rest my case.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by udoka55555: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2018
Topmaike007:
in 2015 did he gain much vote from your kinsmen,but at least he Still emerge winner..

the south and the east just need to give him 30% vote respectively as it happen last 3 years and all of you are into political suicide..

sai baba till 2023

trust me...he won't get that this time
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Lekinson09(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2018
RichDad1:
Where are the online e-rodents that thrives on imaginary likes? grin
The real people that votes are neither on Nairaland nor on Social media.
Una never see chum-chin. cheesy
I’m sure by now, Dogara will be considering is useless cross carpeting moves.

We no Dey beg for likes or Votes; Na dem Dey rush us. cool cheesy

Sai Baba
Nice one
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Shukuakukobambi: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

You get my drift.
@ the bolded, Alexander Pope said 'of forms of government, let fools contend;what is best is best.
I do not necessarily believe in democracy. I believe in good governance. Not many people know that the founding fathers of American never believed in democracy which they equated with mob rule.
Thomas Jefferson declared: "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

Talking about UAE, I often point out to people who say Islam has stunted the thinking of the North and made them underdeveloped that Islam has a rich history of progress in all spheres. In fact when Europe was shrouded in the mist of superstition during the era called dark ages, the Muslim world was making great strides in mathematics, medicine, literature, architecture, philosophy and science.

In modern times we have seen countries with Muslim majority named as prosperous Nations- Qatar, UAE, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.

When I talk like this it is easy to mistake me for a Muslim but I am not a Muslim and I am not a Christian either.
Progress, prosperity, the good life is not the preserve or prerogative of any race or religion.
We simply lack leaders who can inspire our people to create a civilization. Our politicians are a blight and a curse.

I wish I could like this post a million times. I like you bro, no homo cheesy

The bold portions are so true but idiots would think you're sucking up to Islam hence you must be Muslim. Not a Muslim, never was. I was once Christian but could no longer abide the hypocrisy.

I started believing that a strong leader who would march in and shake the system is what we need but buhari's performance or lack of it has dented that thought because when you think about it, the leaders of today we're once followers. Who are the followers today that'll transmute into leaders tomorrow?

I read about Lee Kwan Yew of Singapore and I just smh
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by yinnyme(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

With their numbers we have entered one chance. I really desire that this country be restructured in such a way that all politics becomes truly local and not this current arrangements where local politics spills over to affect things nationally. If it's possible nothing political should hold sway nationally. Let's have a loose federation so that each part of this country can determine its own destiny. Local politics for Western region, local politics for southern region, same for middle belt, East and North. I hate this reality where one region because of its numbers bends the whole nation to its direction. It should not be so. Let the North determine its own destiny and ditto all other regions.

My brother i believed that was why God raised GEJ but he missed it. All we can do now is to take some of the Exclusive list to the concurrent list just as they have started with the State Policing and hopefully Power (Electricity) too can be decentralized.

Above all the agitation to me should move to true federation. With that all attention will be on state Governors.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by yinnyme(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

With their numbers we have entered one chance. I really desire that this country be restructured in such a way that all politics becomes truly local and not this current arrangements where local politics spills over to affect things nationally. If it's possible nothing political should hold sway nationally. Let's have a loose federation so that each part of this country can determine its own destiny. Local politics for Western region, local politics for southern region, same for middle belt, East and North. I hate this reality where one region because of its numbers bends the whole nation to its direction. It should not be so. Let the North determine its own destiny and ditto all other regions.
Mujtahida:

My brother i believed that was why God raised GEJ but he missed it. All we can do now is to take some of the Exclusive list to the concurrent list just as they have started with the State Policing and hopefully Power (Electricity) too can be decentralized.

Above all the agitation to me should move to true federation. With that all attention will be on state Governors.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
yinnyme:

Not just the state Governors but local government Chairmen.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

I wish I could like this post a million times. I like you bro, no homo cheesy

The bold portions are so true but idiots would think you're sucking up to Islam hence you must be Muslim. Not a Muslim, never was. I was once Christian but could no longer abide the hypocrisy.

I started believing that a strong leader who would march in and shake the system is what we need but buhari's performance or lack of it has dented that thought because when you think about it, the leaders of today we're once followers. Who are the followers today that'll transmute into leaders tomorrow?

I read about Lee Kwan Yew of Singapore and I just smh
Same here @bolded.

I voted PMB. I believed in him but his first appointments shook my faith in him and since then it's been a downward spiral down the slope for me as far as his government is concerned.

People glory in politics but I consider politics just as religion as problems.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by modath(f): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
GaniLAb:

I respect this woman. Longest time

Daddy wa... Thx so much.. kiss
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by yinnyme(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

Not just the state Governors but local government Chairmen.

You are correct, like the local government autonomy, these should be our concern honestly.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Didcot: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
HungerBAD:
Congratulations to the Senator to be.

All Politics is still local.

From all indications, the North is a wrap for the APC. So where and how exactly is Saraki looking at getting the votes from to become the next President ?

If the North and West is Pro-APC, and the APC has a State in the East and South, where exactly is Saraki banking on winning from?

But one thing is certain. The Judas-es that jumped ship from the APC will not be sleeping well,and know they have just committed a political harakiri.

Dogara is no longer defecting. The last 24 hours has reformatted his brain with the results he is seeing.

Idiota.
Saraki is not contesting for president in 2019.
Get lost with your beer parlour analysis
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by otherway: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
tuniski:

Stop that insult if I am in your family you will call me uncle!

You no well. Sho mo age mi ni?
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by tolexy111: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
udoka55555:
APC has no place in the east and south...stop deceiving yourselves
limit urself to ur South alone abeg, not southwest
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by chrisooblog: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

You get my drift.

Progress, prosperity, the good life is not the preserve or prerogative of any race or religion. We simply lack leaders who can inspire our people to create a civilization. Our politicians are a blight and a curse.
my learned padi miss you in the other 'house' hope you come back soon lol.

Yes Islam/Arab civilization has contributed greatly to human kinds progress algebra for instance but it may surprise you that the Christian faith through the Catholic Church supported scientific pursuits during the dark ages despite what history tells us.

As for buhari I've always found him a dull, tribal hypocrite and sadly he has proved me right with his current administration. The truth is he was the best of a bad set of candidates. Its for the same reason that he will likely win again next year.

I'm curious to know why you dropped your christian faith I wouldn't mind discussing it with you sometime hope you change your mind.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
chrisooblog:
my learned padi miss you in the other 'house' hope you come back soon lol.

Yes Islam/Arab civilization has contributed greatly to human kinds progress algebra for instance but it may surprise you that the Christian faith through the Catholic Church supported scientific pursuits during the dark ages despite what history tells us.

As for buhari I've always found him a dull, tribal hypocrite and sadly he has proved me right with his current administration. The truth is he was the best of a bad set of candidates. Its for the same reason that he will likely win again next year.

I'm curious to know why you dropped your christian faith I wouldn't mind discussing it with you sometime hope you change your mind.

My guy, how is it with you? The Christian contribution to science is undisputed and well known and that's why I didn't feel obliged to highlight it.

As for Buhari I was blinded by the change mantra but his first appointments opened my opened my eyes.

Hahahaha hahahaha @me loosing my Christian faith. Well I left because of a combination of factors but I can summarise it by saying that I cannot worship a God who doesn't talk or talks through proxies(books, prophets, pastors, seers)
I believe in God but I don't believe that Jehovah is God. I once did but not anymore. Faith is too personal to be mediated through a book or the words written long ago. If God spoke then directly to Abraham, to Moses, to Elisabeth, to Paul, he should speak also now speak directly to people. The sun does not need emissaries. God too in my estimation doesn't need emissaries.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by edupedia: 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
PDP 59,725, abeg they try, for Buhari backyard, good result.

Keep making yourself deceitfully happy....where are the hundreds of thousands u hired from other states during your Daura rally?....
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by chrisooblog: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

My guy, how is it with you? The Christian contribution to science is undisputed and well known and that's why I didn't feel obliged to highlight it.

As for Buhari I was blinded by the change mantra but his first appointments opened my opened my eyes.

Hahahaha hahahaha @me loosing my Christian faith. Well I left because of a combination of factors but I can summarise it by saying that I cannot worship a God who doesn't talk or talks through proxies(books, prophets, pastors, seers)
I believe in God but I don't believe that Jehovah is God. I once did but not anymore. Faith is too personal to be mediated through a book or the words written long ago. If God spoke then directly to Abraham, to Moses, to Elisabeth, to Paul, he should speak also now speak directly to people. The sun does not need emissaries. God too in my estimation doesn't need emissaries.
I'm great boss hope you as well.

Hope brilliant smart Nigerians like you get involved in our political landscape no matter which party you decide to join we can't continue to allow rogues and charlatans dominate the political future of nigeria.

God still speaks to his people today it's a pity the number of deceivers and imposters has almost drowned out the genuine faithful ones. Jesus Christ always warned us about hypocrites
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
chrisooblog:
I'm great boss hope you as well.

Hope brilliant smart Nigerians like you get involved in our political landscape no matter which party you decide to join we can't continue to allow rogues and charlatans dominate the political future of nigeria.

God still speaks to his people today it's a pity the number of deceivers and imposters has almost drowned out the genuine faithful ones. Jesus Christ always warned us about hypocrites
Well all through my Christian life, I pined to hear God, to relate with and to him at a personal level but I never heard him. Anytime he does I will listen.

I'm beginning to consider politics.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Calers: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
That vote in one senatorial is like 2 state vote in east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Elections Not Credible — Davido / The Name ‘state Of Osun’ Is Illegal, Court Declares / Atiku Reacts To Death Of Stanley Nwabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.