Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them (1547 Views)

7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup / 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by gbenyi: 6:35am On Aug 12, 2018
The ill-feeling of devastation experienced after a breakup is only natural, and expected. People even feel heartbroken at the initial stages of getting over a toxic relationship. After all, it is said that “love is blind” and it has the ability to make people overlook their partner’s flaws.

At the end of a relationship, bad memories become overshadowed by good ones — making us want to blame ourselves. We begin to question our decision to break up in the first place, forgetting that the fault isn’t entirely ours.

But here is the goodnews, the pain is never going to last forever. Heartbreaks, like any other wounds, can heal — with the right dose of self-love, self-care, and a positive outlook – and an overwhelming wanting to move on.

Relationship experts have revealed some steps we can take to help us get over someone after a heartbreak.

https://chofam.com/2018/08/how-to-get-over-a-relationship-breakup/
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by GusDino: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2018
Block them on all your social media accounts

If you want to really get over them, you gotta remove your ex from your life because even the smallest traces of their presence can trigger memories that you’d rather have buried away. Delete and block them from all your social media accounts. You really have to block them because you may feel like stalking them. After that, Get a new crush as soon as you can.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by labake1(f): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2018
GusDino:
Block them on all your social media accounts

If you want to really get over them, you gotta remove your ex from your life because even the smallest traces of their presence can trigger memories that you’d rather have buried away. Delete and block them from all your social media accounts. You really have to block them because you may feel like stalking them. After that, Get a new crush as soon as you can.

It is not easy
The thought is killing me cry
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by gbenyi: 8:52am On Aug 12, 2018
labake1:

It is not easy
The thought is killing me cry

Lol. It's never easy, I once unfriended, blocked, unblocked and resent my ex a friend request on facebook. She accepted and after a while, we became friends again. But I agree with Gusdino, getting a new crush as fast as possible was what kept me going during that period.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by labake1(f): 9:33am On Aug 12, 2018
gbenyi:

Lol. It's never easy, I once unfriended, blocked, unblocked and resent my ex a friend request on facebook. She accepted and after a while, we became friends again. But I agree with Gusdino, getting a new crush as fast as possible was what kept me going during that period.

Then I think I need a Crush

Who will be my crush?

1 Like

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by ibkkk(f): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2018
The pain ain't gonna last forever...It's not so easy.
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by barongmj(f): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
Not so easy blocking them

1 Like

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by daviesblaze(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
labake1:

Who will be my crush?
ME wink
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by labake1(f): 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
daviesblaze:
ME wink

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by jayauthentic(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Option 1::::: Get another date... surely there's gotta be someone else you kinda admire who's been on your matter for a while.. with this you'll handle the memories of your ex easily.
Option 2::::: Devote your time to the things of God, you'll find ultimate peace and joy.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by MorningStar233: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
Its too hard, even tho I keep asking my self y I'm feeling hurt despite his lack of remorse for what he did I still feel like talking to him, but no, I won't
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by beautyhd: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
I'm going through such now. I've been depressed of lately and gradually loosing concentration.

I actually cried cos I loved him.

I need someone to talk to.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by DonroxyII: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Na wa ooo ..... What is LOVE self .... Me I just move on oo .... after all, no be say she die now .... @Poster above me , I think we dude manage heart brake than u ladies .... After all, he no die Na .... Remember we all human being ooo ....
Love should be mutual, how do u love someone that doesn't love you in return or love someone that love another person else ....

For me side here Na give and take oooo, if u no dey give again , me self I don do ooo .... No time mehn.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by Arielle5: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
It hurts so much...I cry even in my sleep. He seems to be handling the breakup well. I just want to get over the pain already
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by gbenyi: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
jayauthentic:
Option 1::::: Get another date... surely there's gotta be someone else you kinda admire who's been on your matter for a while.. with this you'll handle the memories of your ex easily.
Option 2::::: Devote your time to the things of God, you'll find ultimate peace and joy.

Nice
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by gbenyi: 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
MorningStar233:
Its too hard, even tho I keep asking my self y I'm feeling hurt despite his lack of remorse for what he did I still feel like talking to him, but no, I won't

Talking to him doesn't in any way diminish your self-worth. You can keep the conversation casual. But if you really want to get over him, first of all forget all the self-blame thing. It wasn't entirely your fault that you broke up. Be positive, find distractions, go out more, meet new people, engage in more sporting activities, make yourself busier, in church or at work. It's only a matter of time, you are gonna meet someone more handsome and accomplished, and who will love you better.
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by gbenyi: 8:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
MorningStar233:

Talk to me dear, I'm here
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by MorningStar233: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
gbenyi:

Talking to him doesn't in any way diminish your self-worth. You can keep the conversation casual. But if you really want to get over him, first of all forget all the self-blame thing. It wasn't entirely your fault that you broke up. Be positive, find distractions, go out more, meet new people, engage in more sporting activities, make yourself busier, in church or at work. It's only a matter of time, you are gonna meet someone more handsome and accomplished, and who will love you better.

You are so damn right dear...I am trying to distract my mind from him, cos I can't kill myself..I feel so bad
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by gbenyi: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Arielle5:
It hurts so much...I cry even in my sleep. He seems to be handling the breakup well. I just want to get over the pain already

After a breakup, it is a normal to feel that way. This points to the fact that you truly loved him. But seriously, there are over 6 billion people on the planet! Handsome, single and rich guys half the number. Not to add that you are pretty and young. Don't waste that precious heart on someone who isn't deserving of you. Don't lose confidence in yourself. Don't blame yourself. You can cry if you want, but get your mind prepared and move on. There is so much joy on this world that you can explore. And just one person shouldn't be enough to stop you from accomplishing that.
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by CryptoClub2018: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
labake1:

Who will be my crush?

I am here.
Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by Arielle5: 12:13am On Aug 13, 2018
[quote author=gbenyi post=7

Thank you very much. I feel much better reading this

1 Like

Re: How To Get Through A Breakup When You Still Love Them by labake1(f): 4:04am On Aug 13, 2018
CryptoClub2018:

I am here. Can we chat on whatsapp?

Yes

(1) (Reply)

I Caught Her Boyfriend Cheating, Should I Tell Her? / ! Man Cries Out As Girlfriend Of 5 Years Gets Pregnant For Secret Lover / Can Any Lady Make Me Understand????....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.