Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? (23720 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Let The Dead Bury The Dead (What Jesus Actually Meant?) / What Do Fornicators Mean By One Thing Led To Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2018
It means let collectively bury buhari political ambition and send him home come 2019.

Buhari is a pure terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by tunary(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2018
This is the reason why many pastors take advantage of their members because they don't understand, same as tithing
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2018
It means burial doesn't need all the ridiculous practices involved, bury the person and move on as soon as possible or simply allow the ignorant bury the body

Need books?
Contact me: orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by tayo4ng(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2018
My own understanding about the statement is that, the unbelievers are dead but not physically, so the unbelievers are the once Jesus is referring to take care of the physically dead people.and not a believer like that man
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
Anyone who believes Jesus is God is dead already!

So the Bible is right! No matter what, human can never be God

Even the Holy Spirit is God

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by realmindz: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2018
xreal:

Who doesn't believe in prayers?

You can pray for wisdom also, you will understand.

I want to know too, plz explain

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by onyeali(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=DEHVEHLOP post=70200806]Anyone who believes Jesus is God is dead already!

Jesus is God but he has to come in form of a human in order to die for mankind. Read what John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by busayochic: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2018
Must you insult? Why can't you have a decent argument without the insults? I was actually enjoying this argument not until you started calling a fellow nairalander confused for sharing his views...
DEHVEHLOP:

Can you see how confused you and your answer are?

No you can't see it, for you you have sinned against God by making a human He created equal to Him.

So, He blur your vision and distrupt your reasoning

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Chriswazo(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2018
xreal:
It requires wisdom to understand the scriptures.

Not only wisdom, but studying and searching the scriptures.
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Chriswazo(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
He is. He came in human flesh to fulfil the same scriptures that carries his substance and manifested himself. He is an integral part of God and therefore God in a sense but also represents our access or gateway to God.

Gateway to God that is where
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by JohnAkhigbe86(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2018
Some are spiritually alive while others are not. A case in Luke 10:38-42.
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by killsmith(f): 10:23am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
He is. He came in human flesh to fulfil the same scriptures that carries his substance and manifested himself. He is an integral part of God and therefore God in a sense but also represents our access or gateway to God.
Jesus christ didn't exist..... Christ is a level, a stage of consciousness where the only thing you have in your heart is love and compassion.... The Bible didn't instruct you to worship christ.....
The Bible instruct you to live like christ.... Basic psychology.

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Word!!

You people lack tolerance but can invade other people religion section.

You and the guy you quoted lack sense and am not surprise since you are a Muslim,

your friend ask a question the guy answer the question, instead of your braindead friend to read the guy reply and ask questioned about where he was confused he went about insulting the guy that he is confuse. Lolz.

He even go about showing is stupidity when he claim Jesus was created, lol i guess you and your brother can show me where in the bible state that Jesus was created because i can show you where Jesus claim he exist even before the world was created. Mtcheew.

Peace

3 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Chibuzoc(m): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2018
Jesus normally speaks in parable

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Danchibez: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2018
oladele00:
You should leave the deads to rust away y u should keep up ur hustle

...and when u eventually died others will leave u to rust away while they keep up to their hustle?
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by seguno2: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:

In Matthew 8:22 Jesus said, “Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.” He was responding to a request from one of His followers who asked to be excused from his responsibilities to “go and bury [his] father” (Matthew 8:21 ).
It might seem that he was asking to make funeral arrangements for his recently deceased father. However, he was actually asking Christ to excuse him from his spiritual responsibilities, so that he could return to live with his aging father until after his father died.

Please resolve the confusion in your post.
Thanks.
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by karlboss: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2018
killsmith:
Jesus christ didn't exist..... Christ is a level, a stage of consciousness where the only thing you have in your heart is love and compassion.... The Bible didn't instruct you to worship christ.....
The Bible instruct you to live like christ.... Basic psychology.

Where did you get this information could this be reason behind so many versions of Jesus Christ
Historical Jesus
Gnostic Jesus
Black Jesus

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by seguno2: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2018
HardMirror:
explain it nah. Abi you dont have wisdom?

Maybe he is not made in God’s image
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Jabioro: 10:39am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Jesus Christ is not God.,but show us how to relate a divine God..you can choose to go through him or relate directly with God..
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by babeface3: 10:40am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:

In Matthew 8:22 Jesus said, “Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.” He was responding to a request from one of His followers who asked to be excused from his responsibilities to “go and bury [his] father” (Matthew 8:21 ).
It might seem that he was asking to make funeral arrangements for his recently deceased father. However, he was actually asking Christ to excuse him from his spiritual responsibilities, so that he could return to live with his aging father until after his father died. Of course, that could mean the disciple would be gone for a long time. It seems he was skirting his spiritual calling and wanted Christ to give His blessing to this action.
Instead, Christ told him to focus on his calling. A better sense of Jesus’ statement would be, “Don’t neglect the high spiritual calling I’ve given you; let the spiritually dead attend to the routine tasks of life.” Certainly, Christ would not forbid the man from attending to the funeral arrangements for his father. Christ Himself went to visit the family of His friend Lazarus after Lazarus’ death—even at great risk of His life (John 11:1-16 ).
God wants us to care for the needs of our families (Mark 7:10-13 ; 1 Timothy 5:8 ), but not to neglect our spiritual calling in the process.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/what-does-matthew-822-mean-by-let-the-dead-bury-their
certain burdens are to be allowed to square up itself or else you get your fingers burnt
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Boboye4slim(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2018
Its straightforward enough.....let the dead bury the dead.......meaning concentrate on what matters cuz we are gonna die. Meaning those burying the dead will soon join the dead. Death will come for everyone. What's more important is to secure for yourself what matters and that's a lovely afterlife.
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Minjim: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Can you see how confused you and your answer are?

Things of the Lord is not by power or wisdom.

You have to give yourself to comprehend

No you can't see it, for you you have sinned against God by making a human He created equal to Him.

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Minjim: 10:44am On Aug 12, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Can you see how confused you and your answer is?

Things of God is not by power or wisdom

You have to give yourself to comprehend
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by 2kris(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2018
Humchi:
DEHEVEHLOP

stay away from christian thread.

And worship your imaginary allah from arab.

No body is saying your 'isa' is God

so i don't see any reason you would be so pained when others are expressing their religion.

God bless you
Fearless in your comments
Lala will not see this one oh
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by OsuMustGo: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2018
[s]
CodeTemplar:

It might seem that he was asking to make funeral arrangements for his recently deceased father. However, he was actually asking Christ to excuse him from his spiritual responsibilities, so that he could return to live with his aging father until after his father died. Of course, that could mean the disciple would be gone for a long time. It seems he was skirting his spiritual calling and wanted Christ to give His blessing to this action.
Instead, Christ told him to focus on his calling. A better sense of Jesus’ statement would be, “Don’t neglect the high spiritual calling I’ve given you; let the spiritually dead attend to the routine tasks of life.” Certainly, Christ would not forbid the man from attending to the funeral arrangements for his father. Christ Himself went to visit the family of His friend Lazarus after Lazarus’ death—even at great risk of His life (John 11:1-16 ).
God wants us to care for the needs of our families (Mark 7:10-13 ; 1 Timothy 5:8 ), but not to neglect our spiritual calling in the process.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/what-does-matthew-822-mean-by-let-the-dead-bury-their
[/s]

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Nywmahn: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
I believe Jesus is not God!
If u are a Christian, do u read the Bible @all??[color=#990000][/color]

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by wealthyhenry(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Oga Jesus is not God in a sense. Jesus is God absolutely and completely.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by askorlogy: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Yes this is acceptable

CodeTemplar:
It might seem that he was asking to make funeral arrangements for his recently deceased father. However, he was actually asking Christ to excuse him from his spiritual responsibilities, ........ It seems he was skirting his spiritual calling and wanted Christ to give His blessing to this action.

No that is your own interpretation. The man wanted to go and bury someone. You add meanings into things to justify your own way of thinking.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by deebrownneymar: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2018
I thank the OP very much for creating this post. This is one of the comments Jesus made that I am still unable to crack. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone here has been able to address this topic. If Jesus was a programmer ehn....
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by Yinxies(f): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2018
I can design a functional website for your business in 3days for just 25k.

Logo+letterhead+business card = N5,000 only

Check my signature
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by toprealman: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Do you guys agree?
The aim should not be for people to eithet agree or disagree with your view but for them to share their own perspective(s). New insights and alignments could be made afterwards.
Re: What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? by dingbang(m): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2018
godunia:
Many dead people spotted here.
this is the answer to the op's question!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Prayer Points That Make Christians Shout & Pray Aggressively / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) / Praise The Lord... The Lords Chosen Is 20 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.