Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" (16928 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Dollabiz: 1:09am On Aug 13, 2018
hmm
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by LoveThemChubby(m): 1:42am On Aug 13, 2018
badmrkt:
They have come again. Shey you be spokesman for heaven matters.? There is no where in the Bible where it is written that you must be in church to guarantee your salvation. I like church ooo, but I'm not sure its a straight up ticket for salvation...
Oga in your village is secure = guarantee?
He's talking about 'maintaining'.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by MATEX30: 2:09am On Aug 13, 2018

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by sweetilicious(f): 3:05am On Aug 13, 2018
badmrkt:
They have come again. Shey you be spokesman for heaven matters.? There is no where in the Bible where it is written that you must be in church to guarantee your salvation. I like church ooo, but I'm not sure its a straight up ticket for salvation...
Church is the body of Christ.Gathering together to listen to the word of God. And the word of God helps you to re-examine your life and not walk out in faith for your salvation to be constant.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by sweetilicious(f): 3:07am On Aug 13, 2018
chemystery:
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion

- Steven Weinberg
I am made to understand that righteousness is not salvation.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 3:32am On Aug 13, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Twist it the way it suits you. What the original post said is church as a church. Let me highlite the opening paragraph for you incase you missed it.

Care to twist it more?

I COPIED THE BELOW BECAUSE IT FITS MY RESPONSE:

"Hebrews 10:25

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Even those believers that never forsake the assembly of themselves are still having issue with their spiritual growth talkless of you skipping church service..."

If you believe the Bishop meant otherwise, well thats his issue ultimately between him and God.

Let's be careful when we see a speck of dust in someone's eye while 4 fingers are pointing back at us.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by meiloya: 4:11am On Aug 13, 2018
On this one, I fully, fully agree with Bishop..Because I have experienced it.

_________

Meanwhile

Guys, I want you to share your views here, please..Just post, no need to register...Some of my extended colleagues on the forum are really saying something saddd. Let's hear your experienced views there -

https://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/how-do-you-balance-working-hard-with-marriage

Read every post and you will be "flagabasted".
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by paxonel(m): 6:03am On Aug 13, 2018
HigherEd:
In 49 years since I was saved I have not missed Church on sunday up to 7 times.

In our early days, Emmanuel, one of our members was absent for 3 weeks. When he resurfaced, I said ‘Emmanuel, you are gone’ he said ‘No sir’. I said again ‘Emmanuel, you are gone’. One of the pastors tried to intervene and give an excuse for him. I said ‘No, Emmanuel, I say you are gone’. Suddenly Emmanuel started crying, ‘yes sir, it’s true, I met some friends and even started drinking’.

Just three weeks out of Church and he had gone astray. Praise God, Today he is a pastor in this Commission.

Being in church is a must for anyone to secure his redemption.

Bishop David Oyedepo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1437297313080802&id=444807728996437

but scriptures did not say that being in church is a must for anything.
Why is this man bend at making money from people's ignorance by all means?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by mabea: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2018
Omoluabi9:
LOL!

If he really said that, 2that's a BIG FAT LIE!

The "assembling together of yourselves" doesn't necessarily mean within the four walls of a Church building.

Many are going to Church but are more like the devil than Jesus.

Thank God, I don't fall for the emotional blackmail of so called Men of God/Pastors.

It's all about manipulation to maintain control.
And where did you see him mention 'four walls of a church building'? I agree with him 100% you can read Heb 12:22-24, ps 87:1-7 etc. The church is referred as zion. Please seek knowledge
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by deebrownneymar: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2018
He's right in a way. However many occultists attend church services regularly.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by wirinet(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2018
JADEK01:
assembly of saint are very important in Christiandom

Does assembly of saints equate to church?
OK, what do you call assembly of sinners?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by wirinet(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2018
JADEK01:
you are far from the truth, if you stay away a little from church , Satan can strike because he always look for loophole

The issue is what do you understand by church?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by chemystery: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2018
sweetilicious:
It means that you don't need church (or religion generally) to live a "righteous life
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by wirinet(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2018
omojeesu:
Jesus by His sufferings, death and resurrection secured our salvation.

But what I believe the Bishop is saying is that we believers should not forsake the assembly of one another so that we can sharpen and encourage and support one another.

Church is family. When someone leaves the family of God he's at risk of exposure to the world and its god, Satan.

Believers need each other. We are sheep and we should stay together with our Shepherd, Jesus, otherwise get attacked by the wolves of this world.

Jesus is Lord!!

Does assembly of one another have to involve bishop oyedepo? Do you have to go to winners chapel every Sunday and Wednesday before you are deemed to be in the assembly of one another?

What will you call it if 10 people assemble in a house on Sunday morning and praise God and read the bible?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2018
wirinet:

Does assembly of one another have to involve bishop oyedepo? Do you have to go to winners chapel every Sunday and Wednesday before you are deemed to be in the assembly of one another?

What will you call it if 10 people assemble in a house on Sunday morning and praise God and read the bible?

My response was to a response to an earlier post of mine to a mazi... on Nairaland. If you had read that you would not need to ask the question you asked me.

No! Assembly of believers has nothing to do with any man including the Bishop, but Jesus for "unto the Lord shall the gathering of His people be"

The gathering of 2 or 3 is already Church in any location even on the moon!

Jesus is Lord!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2018
sweetilicious:

Anyone can do good, even Satan.

Salvation according to the Bible really is not about doing good. To qualify for salvation you must be 100% good but you and I know that that is impossible (James 2.10; Romans 3.23; Isaiah 64.6, Psalm 14.1-23; etc).

A good moral life is good but it is not enough to save a man. Cornelius and his pious household realised this when Peter presented Jesus to them in Acts chapter 10.

Self Righteousness = filthy rag.

Christ Righteousness freely given to and received by undeserving sinners - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly - truly saves!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by wirinet(m): 10:22am On Aug 13, 2018
omojeesu:

My response was to a response to an earlier post of mine to a mazi... on Nairaland. If you had read that you would not need to ask the question you asked me.

No! Assembly of believers has nothing to do with any man including the Bishop, but Jesus for "unto the Lord shall the gathering of His people b

The gathering of 2 or 3 is already Church in any location even on the moon!

Jesus is Lord!!

But in the context bishop oyedepo was preaching about, the church according to him is winners chapel building with himself as the pastor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2018
wirinet:

My earlier post:

Church IS NOT, HAS NEVER BEEN & WILL NEVER BE a building, an organisation or location as we have redefined it. Church is family of God anywhere and everywhere. Jesus has simplified "church" as where and when 2 or 3 are gathered in His name be it some home, building, in prison, desert, bush, etc.

We don't go to church. We don't join a church. We are Church!

Jesus is Saviour of the Church = the assembly of God's people. The Church does not nor can save anyone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2018
wirinet:

But in the context bishop oyedepo was preaching about, the church according to him is winners chapel building with himself as the pastor.

I don't think so. But let's assume he did, let us leave him with his conscience and God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2018
mabea:
And where did you see him mention 'four walls of a church building'? I agree with him 100% you can read Heb 12:22-24, ps 87:1-7 etc. The church is referred as zion. Please seek knowledge
This is the opening quote of the text:

''In 49 years since I was saved I have not missed Church on sunday up to 7 times.''

So the writer was refering to the 'four walls of a Church building.'

Please learn to look (and read well) next time!

Thank you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by mabea: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
Omoluabi9:
This is the opening quote of the text:

''In 49 years since I was saved I have not missed Church on sunday up to 7 times.''

So the writer was refering to the 'four walls of a Church building.'

Please learn to look (and read well) next time!

Thank you.
Wrong! He's talking about the gathering of brethren
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
mabea:
Wrong! He's talking about the gathering of brethren
Yes, within a Church building (which the gathering of the saints is not limited to; and definitely doesn't ''secure your redemption'' as he put it.)

So you are the wrong one!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by alabo1: 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
djon78:

Maybe you are the one living in unbelief. There is no healer like God. I have seen God' heal cases that even medical science has given up on.

If your only trust is in medical science then I am sorry for you because many people who relied on medical science while neglecting God's healing power has lost their life. I have seen billionaires worth billions killed by a medical condition even there money or best medical services could not save them.

Medicine can fail but God has never failed. Even me I am a proof of God's healing power. No be say them talk. I have experienced it in my body. So my dear unbelief is a terrible thing.

I did not expect any other kind of reply. Like I said enjoy your opium. Some of us have decided not to do drugs however it is packaged. Peace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:26am On Aug 14, 2018
Franking:

Pack ur load and goan live in the church na.
Zombie
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Seun(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2018
HigherEd:
Being in church is a must for anyone to secure his redemption.
He is right. Your indoctrination must be reinforced regularly to prevent you from waking up. I became an atheist a week after I left fellowship.

16 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Makschinchin: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
He is correct.

Hebrews 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

...and how does this verse relates solely to church and securing your redemption

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News / See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.