Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (14424 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary / KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by megawax8: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2010
I think he should be forced to trek home, or better still tied up to a transformer, oponu
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by cousinavi(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by naijaboi2(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2010
See the attached, how on earth the guy missed the goal//

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by bisiaet: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2010
I am so shocked and short of words. I can not imagine Yakubu in open net still threw ball away I cant think of it, I am so sick of this dont know what to say again.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Litmus: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2010
manifestation of fate as near as can be,

Remember the Igbo adage? Say, yeah, and fate agrees with ya. Too many Nigerians are negative and too many Africans want and pray for Nigeria to fail and so fate obliged.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by dbigrod(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2010
[size=15pt]
megawax8:

I think he should be forced to trek home, or better still tied up to a transformer, oponu

lmao.wicked boi
[/size]
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nwaaba1(m): 9:54am On Jun 23, 2010
that cow is yakubued.YAKUBU BETTER GO AND CARRY COW AND GET OUT OF FOOTBALL.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chakula: 9:56am On Jun 23, 2010
Shocked, after Yakubu's failure for not  scoring the goal all what was appeared on his face was smile instead of boring, what shame for god sake?
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by landtraza(m): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2010
Litmus:

manifestation of fate as near as can be,

Remember the Igbo adage? Say, yeah, and fate agrees with ya. Too many Nigerians are negative and too many Africans want and pray for Nigeria to fail and so fate obliged.

shatapu b4 you get yourself yakubued, who pray for our failure, where south african camp became ours right from greece match and continued to our last match. angry angry
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by EfeEkarume1(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2010
YAKUBU - UBUKAY . . . Either way you put it . It just doesn't make sense . . . !
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by landtraza(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2010
we didn't win the world cup,  cause we YAKUBUED lot of opportunities. but we did won some award. the award is as follows, HEAVIEST MEN TO PLAY FOOTBALL, AT SOUTH AFRICA 2010. gold medal goes to, DANI SHITU  approximately 300 pounds of flesh . silver medal goes to AFOLABI  approximately 250 pounds of flesh   bronze medal goes to YAKUBU with nearly 220 pounds of flesh   best selfish players, silver medal goes to OBINNA     and goLD medal goes to OBASI.   THE LIKES OF[i]UCHE, ENYAMA KANU ODIA ODEWINGI TAIWO AND ECHEJINA [/i]  all recieve a hand shake and no medal cause they could not continue there good work to the end. smiley
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by teeluv(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2010
my god nairalanders are so talentedsee hw dey came up with a verb for yakubu,
if i was david moyes i go sell am b4 e come back or else na double bad luck,
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Boomark(m): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2010
This morning, a guy wanted to give my girl yakubulococus(STD). When i heard of it, i confronted the guy. He was proud, didnt deny it and asked me what am gonna do about it. I became angry and Kaitarised his arse. The guy fainted. I dont want to be angry too much, but i became furious and i Yakubued his bottom immediately. The guy stood up and started running- running mad. Not madness precisely but Yakubumentalis. Am scared. I dont know if i yakubu his head wether he will be alright or he will suffer anothe defect. For now there is no known cure for this sickness. I wish i will get help.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by otondo55: 10:59am On Jun 23, 2010
CANUCK you are the bomb !

3 GBOZAA FOR YOU, GBOZAA ! GBOZAA !! GBOZAA!!!

Thank you for making my day.

God may i never yakubu any good opportunity of my life .
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by lysaa(f): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2010
LOL, I so saw this coming. .Yakubuology! LMAO

@Canuck.
U better be alert always cos if u mess up hmm, ur name wouldn't hesitate to fit in the hall of shame. LOL.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by jokingmary(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2010
How on earth could he have missed that opportunity? ? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
At least it would have been the first time the super vultures are winning in this world cup
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by ijcurt(f): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2010
lol.its yakubu this time. lol. at least the focus is off kaita
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ranoscky(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2010
y'all should just forget about that match and go spend some good time with ur gurlfiends just like i'm right now!  wink
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by kingrhirhs(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2010
Pictures don't lie.

He was simple telling us why he was a Branch warmer in Everton
Last season.

Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by coolestboy(m): 11:42am On Jun 23, 2010
I need 2 start using d ord YAKUBU into my day 2 day english becos it is accepted generally but not during an intervie,
A BOY YAKUBUED D OPPORTUNITY ,GIVEN 2 HIM YESTERDAY.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by coolestboy(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2010
if ur name is yakubu, u better go and change ur name 2 kaita and if ur dont ant kaita u can grab d opportunity of largerback. carzy people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2010
It's not fair you guys should stop mocking him. It wasnt his fault! When he warmed the bench all tru last season at Everton, Lagerback shd have known better than to play him in this match!  undecided
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by segzicres(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
chai if these players see what has been written about them they would quit football to hawk dr pepper drink in traffic.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Mcaudrey: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Una sure say Fatkubu no use jazz for Lagerbeer way them still dey play am for 90 min even when him no dey make any meaningful contribution to the team or game?
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by elnino3(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
Aboki will always be aboki anywhere anytime
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
lysaa:

LOL, I so saw this coming. .Yakubuology! LMAO

@Canuck.
U better be alert always cos if u mess up hmm, your name wouldn't hesitate to fit in the hall of shame. LOL.

Lysaa my sister, everyone has a Yakubu-moment at least once in a lifetime. It's a debt we all have got to pay. cheesy

That's the reason I prayed this morning - "Father, please send the hosts of heaven to Yakubu-proof my destiny! May I not Yakubu when You need me to be Higuain. Amen!"
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2010
otondo55:

CANUCK you are the bomb !

3 GBOZAA FOR YOU, GBOZAA ! GBOZAA !! GBOZAA!!!

Thank you for making my day.

God may i never yakubu any good opportunity of my life .

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

BTW, I just dey hear "GBOZAA! GBOZAA!! GBOZAA!!" from sleep dis morning! I say na wetin?! Na im FedEx say na special delivery from NL's one and only otondo55! I troway salute o! grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
segzi cres:

chai if these players see what has been written about them they would quit football to hawk dr pepper drink in traffic.

Brilliant idea, segzi, because it will make them lose the I-am-a-superstar-and-make-lots-of-money body fat! After which they can return to football and into the waiting arms of clamouring fans!

Afterall, what's the difference between running with the ball on a soccer pitch and running with Dr Pepper to sell in traffic? Nothing! One is dead in the water if one can't "score" in both of them!  cheesy
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by powerblaze(m): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
IN THE NEXT EDITION OF OXFORD DICTIONARY, WHEN THEY WANT TO DEFINE THE WORD "FOOLISH", THEY'LL PUT YAKUBU'S PICTURE BY THE SIDE! grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
^^^^^
Hmmmm. . .Leveraging visual effects for an easier comprehension of the word. Impeccable idea. Noted.  cheesy
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by hdwada: 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
If you Yakubu that ball, I'll Kaita you.
Re: Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by slap1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
The millions spent on the 'Super Eagles' has been kaitastrophically yakubued.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Computers Will Decide Next Season’s Champions League Draw / Before You Place Another Bet, Read This / Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.