Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News (2247 Views)

PDP In Secret Talks With Ex-govs, Defectors To APC : Nation / London Judge Adjourns Ibori’s Case To June 6, 2016 / Ibori’s Case: My Conscience Is Clear —justice Awokulehin, Who Cleared Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Hardtalk: 12:12am On Jun 23, 2010
Elders of Oghara, the home town of embattled former governor of Delta State, Chief James Onanefi Ibori, have resumed talks with President Goodluck Jonathan, with a view to making sure their son gets off the hook in his present travails of money laundering and other related offences.

But LEADERSHIP gathered last night that President Jonathan had tactically washed off his hands over the Iboris' saga.

Sources said that the elders of Oghara had raised an emergency meeting to unanimously agree to seek the President's intervention on the matter.

Oghara youths had barricaded the town in the heat of the bid to arrest Ibori for several days until he was said to have been picked up in Dubai.

A source hinted that the President's visit to Oghara opened ways for the case, when Oghara elders including some royal fathers pleaded with the president to intervene.

According to an insider, the elders in a closed door meeting appealed to the President to look into their son's travails as the only help they requested from him.

Though, sources disclosed that the meeting was very brief after thousands of Oghara youths presented to the President their stand on Ibori, including pledging their loyalty especially, in his commitment to the Niger Delta development.

Investigations reveal that Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State in his bid for 2011 second term in his office had assured elders of Oghara of his contribution with a view to making sure Ibori gets some respite and be assisted in the case.

One of the elders told LEADERSHIP that the President's intervention in the case would bring about peace as it was apparently displayed during his visit to Oghara town by the youths including traditional rulers in apparent joy pledged their supports for his administration.

The elder statesman who does not want his name in print, told our correspondent that an agreement for the intervention of the President in Ibori's matter was reached between elders of Oghara, the youths and the President which necessitated the peace throughout his visit.

It will be recalled that the visit of the President to the fast developing Oghara attracted the who is who in the state with a large turnout of Oghara indigenes, who pressed home for the intervention of the President in Ibori's case.

Meanwhile, in preparation for the former Delta State governor, Chief James Ibori's money laundering trial in the United Kingdom, the British Police have brought fresh allegations against him in Dubai prison, where he is being kept by the Dubai Police after the bail granted him by the United Arab Emirate (UAE) court was revoked.

Also joined in the charges against Ibori by the metropolitan police was the former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa.

It was gathered that part of the fresh charges brought against Ibori by the British investigators were allegations of money laundering, involving the former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Aondoakaa, who is reportedly under surveillance and investigation by the British law enforcement agency for a range of alleged criminal offences.

UK authorities are reportedly looking at a transaction between the duo of Ibori and Aondoakaa that involved $44 million, routed through South Africa. The money is believed to have been frozen by the UK authorities with the help of their South African counterparts.

The former minister of justice, who was recently barred from holding further public office in Nigeria by a Federal High Court in Calabar, sources said, might be arrested on a sweeping arrest warrant anywhere in Europe as soon as the investigation concerning his collaboration with Ibori in money laundering activities is concluded.

LEADERSHIP reports that the Metropolitan Police, which is expecting Ibori's petition for asylum in Dubai to collapse quickly in order to get him back to the UK for proper prosecution,are expected to interrogate the former Delta State chief executive as long as his detention lasts in Dubai prison.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201006220826.html
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Enjoyment1(f): 12:36am On Jun 23, 2010
Please do not get me wrong house, but I keep wondering what Ibori really did to Jonathan (apart from Ibori trying to stop Jonathan from ascending that post), that have warranted such hatred?
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Oboma1(m): 12:55am On Jun 23, 2010
Hardtalk:

UK authorities are reportedly looking at a transaction between the duo of Ibori and Aondoakaa that involved $44 million, routed through South Africa. The money is believed to have been frozen by the UK authorities with the help of their South African counterparts.

Men! There is money in Nigeria, though in the wrong hands.
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by selingel: 1:19am On Jun 23, 2010
So, Oghara people can beg? Hmm! This is interesting.
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Ourturn(m): 1:37am On Jun 23, 2010
Naija, and the story continues grin
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Otobroto(f): 1:46am On Jun 23, 2010
selingel:

So, Oghara people can beg? Hmm! This is interesting.

Even the big and the mighty begs, talk less of those seeing their son go to jail.
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Myself2(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Please do not get me wrong house, but I keep wondering what Ibori really did to Jonathan (apart from Ibori trying to stop Jonathan from ascending that post), that have warranted such hatred?

Get off the weed you're smoking or is it pms,which hatred are you blabbing about
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by selingel: 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
Myself2:

Get off the weed you're smoking or is it pms,which hatred are you blabbing about

What is wrong in one airing his or her comment? Are you a judge? Why not judge yourself first!
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Myself2(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2010
selingel:

What is wrong in one airing his or her comment? Are you a judge? Why not judge yourself first!

Everyone has a right to air their comment,but when the comment comes from their anus,as yours above ,decent people like us should call you to order

For instance,go through the OP's post and show me anywhere there's anything to suggest hatred for Ibori by Jonathan,was it Jonathan that asked/forced him to steal his states' funds or to steal and use a credit card in the UK or to steal from a super market.
Was it Jonathan that smuggled him to Dubai where he is now in detention?
Answers please,oh and this time,please speak with your mouth
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by desgiezd(m): 9:07am On Jun 24, 2010
@ Enjoyment1

The trial of Ibori has been on long before Jonathan became the president. Remember that the London Met Police have always wanted to lay their hands on him to clarify some issues bothering on money laundering and he has been so slippery. It couldnt have been Jonathan's hatred that has made his sister and mistress jailed for money laundering. It also could not have been Jonathan's hatred that will soon make Ibori's wife stand trial in UK for the same offence as his sister's and mistress'. Remember that the wife was in transit in France and was arrested and taken to London and has been in detention even before anyone knew that Jonathan would be president.

Please allow justice take its course and let the thieves prove their innocence in the court of law.
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by sayso: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2010
na lie
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Beaf: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2010
If anybody likes to hold secret talks, good for them! It is already quarter past midnight and much too late to save Ibori. If they had any sense, they would have surrendered him to the EFCC where "everything" is possible, instead they put up a Rambo show. Well, right now, its the UK that wants him badly, so let them go and hold secret talks with David Cameron.

Foolish people, rooting for a criminal. angry
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by selingel: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
Myself2:

Everyone has a right to air their comment,but when the comment comes from their anus,as yours above ,decent people like us should call you to order

For instance,go through the OP's post and show me anywhere there's anything to suggest hatred for Ibori by Jonathan,was it Jonathan that asked/forced him to steal his states' funds or to steal and use a credit card in the UK or to steal from a super market.
Was it Jonathan that smuggled him to Dubai where he is now in detention?
Answers please,oh and this time,please speak with your mouth

You are taking it to another dimension. The issue was direct attack on someone else's post. In a forum, one has every right to choose a positive stand or a negative one. Why not emphasize your own point, instead of direct attack?
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by selingel: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2010
desgiezd:

@ Enjoyment1

The trial of Ibori has been on long before Jonathan became the president. Remember that the London Met Police have always wanted to lay their hands on him to clarify some issues bothering on money laundering and he has been so slippery. It couldnt have been Jonathan's hatred that has made his sister and mistress jailed for money laundering. It also could not have been Jonathan's hatred that will soon make Ibori's wife stand trial in UK for the same offence as his sister's and mistress'. Remember that the wife was in transit in France and was arrested and taken to London and has been in detention even before anyone knew that Jonathan would be president.

Please allow justice take its course and let the thieves prove their innocence in the court of law.

This is a very reasonable post, and not the kind of Myself2
Re: Ibori: Jonathan, Oghara Elders In Secret Talks About Ibori Case - News by Myself2(m): 6:33am On Jun 25, 2010
selingel:

This is a very reasonable post, and not the kind of Myself2

May a mad goat urinate on your head you bloody hypocrite  grin grin grin
How dare you accuse me of taking things personal and yet you term me unreasonable cheesy cheesy,in any case this is an open forum where everyone is free to choose a positive stand or a negative one(selingel's law of nland postings) and I have to add that everyone is free too to fire salvos at posters that hold opposing views as long as it doesn't get too personal,so if you cannot stand the heat,get the f.u.kc out of the political kitchen wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: What We Must Not Lose Sight Of (1) / Julius Berger Begins Work On 2nd Niger Bridge. / How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.