Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

"Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers (25272 Views)

Stop Using Me To Make Money From Obaseki - Oshiomhole Tells Philip Shaibu / We Won't Share Power With PDP - Oshiomhole Tells APC Rep-Elect / Onnoghen: Nigeria Is Not A Colony - Oshiomhole tells US, UK, EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by linearity: 2:20am On Aug 15, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

He will be impeached and nothing will happen grin

They need 2/3rd majority to impeach him, they don’t have the bodies to make it happen.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by BabaRamota1980: 2:22am On Aug 15, 2018
There are plenty pandoras in a political box. We are about to see all kinds of political dramas we didnt know exist in that box.

I told you all, Oshiomhole's background in Labor Union merges perfectly well with his new role in APC. He will unfold before our eyes.

Aliyu, carry go, no mind dem! grin

2 Likes

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by BabaRamota1980: 2:30am On Aug 15, 2018
linearity:

They need 2/3rd majority to impeach him, they don’t have the bodies to make it happen.

The trickery and craftery and witchery of calculating 2/3 of anything is not new to Nigeria. Weve been doing it since 1979.

When Nigerians want 2/3 to materialize, out of nowhere, it will.

I dont know what school you went to but our 2/3 in Nigeria is specific to us. Stop comparing with 2/3 in developed world. Their 2/3 include calculations such as 1/8th of a person. God forbid that our country should start producing persons in the 8th of a whole human. Tufiakwa! angry

Dont worry where they gonna get the number to impeach....when shit wan drop yansh go split on hin own without force! grin
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by deomelo: 2:54am On Aug 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

There is a reason a government is addressed along party line, i.e., "the ruling party"; "the opposition party".

As chairman of the ruling party he has more say than Presidency on issues relating to policy.

Buhari's name was not on ballot in 2015 and will not be on 2019 ballot....APC is on ballot!

Get sense! grin

Igbos are generally ignorant and unintelligent, they don't know the difference between political platforms, manifestos, and party candidates.

Saraki managed to get away with is disgusting and despicable treachery and sabotaged because people like Oshiomole wasn't in charge of the party apparatus.

1 Like

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by BabaRamota1980: 3:12am On Aug 15, 2018
deomelo:

Igbos are generally ignorant and unintelligent, they don't know the difference between political platforms, manifestos, and party candidates.

Saraki managed to get away with is disgusting and despicable treachery and sabotaged because people like Oshiomole wasn't in charge of the party apparatus.

grin.
Ive never seen anyone whip ipob like you. When Igbos peek and see you in a thread they back off into a corner till you are gone.

1 Like

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by kikake: 3:51am On Aug 15, 2018
veekid:
The worst enemies of the Buhari administration are the people who see little or nothing wrong with it at all.

Quite of the thread.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Bishop4real: 4:45am On Aug 15, 2018
Tecno66:
What now happens when they reconvene and find that about 4 APC SENATORS vote for Saraki to remain as SP? Their 56 will come to 52 while Saraki's men will be 54. Oshiomole go enter house that time.

Let's Saraki reconvene the house nah.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Bishop4real: 4:46am On Aug 15, 2018
Dedynamic:
Osho baba, can any senator reconvene the National Assembly without the authorisation of NASS leadership? What are you insinuating by directing your party members therein to ensure that they reconvene the National Assembly? Please take note that words we speak in the course of carrying on Trade unionism is different from the words we speak when independent responsible citizens are addressed.

But benue house of assembly was reconvened without the knowledge of the speaker & you guys applauded.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Olumeme: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Eeeeyah, I sympathize with you
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Olumeme: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Eeeeyah, I sympathize with you
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Olumeme: 6:42am On Aug 15, 2018
Lol, this man is just misbehaving, but he will be taught a bitter lesson.
When it's time, he will be sacrificed for ambitions, he doesn't know that, you talk with caution bearing in mind that, the person that was there before you was tactically removed.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by jamace(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2018
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by nwamehn: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyle0:

You are very bad and terrible double liar.

APC had the simple majority after Tambuwal defected in 2014

Read this and be cured of your self inflicted madness.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177047-apc-takes-house-of-reps-majority-as-6-pdp-members-defect.html

cc FOLYKAZE , ngeneukwuenu

Not to support or oppose ur argument about Saraki, Oshiomhole and the likes but I want to point out something. As at October 2014 when Tambuwal defected to APC, APC was still in the minority in the house. They only became majority when other reps defected in 2015 in addition to the earlier defection in 2014. The link u posted there was when 6 PDP reps defected in 2015 not when Tambuwal defected in October, 2014.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by nwamehn: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2018
buhariguy:
stop this nonsense.

APC was the majority in 2014.
APC 181,PDP 165.

APC only had 181 house members in 2015 when other defections followed, and not 2014 when Tambuwal defected. APC was still in the minority in 2014 when Tambuwal defected but they became majority after other reps members joined mostly in 2015.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by loomer: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

There is a reason a government is addressed along party line, i.e., "the ruling party"; "the opposition party".

As chairman of the ruling party he has more say than Presidency on issues relating to policy.

Buhari's name was not on ballot in 2015 and will not be on 2019 ballot....APC is on ballot!

Get sense! grin
you wey get plenty sense. so na party interest be the ultimate now not national interest again.

I sure say u never pass 32years o, but all Una useless pass 90year old people for that country.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by naijajobx: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2018
hmm
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Mankosi: 8:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Oshomole be acting like he is the President of Nigeria.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by buhariguy(m): 8:40am On Aug 15, 2018
nwamehn:

APC only had 181 house members in 2015 when other defections followed, and not 2014 when Tambuwal defected. APC was still in the minority in 2014 when Tambuwal defected but they became majority after other reps members joined mostly in 2015.
as of dec1 2013, APC toppled PDP with one member,
APC 172,PDP 171.
According to www.thewillnigeria.com/news

1 Like

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by NairaMaster1(m): 9:42am On Aug 15, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.thecable.ng/oshiomole-asks-apc-lawmakers-to-reconvene-national-assembly

Law makers taking order from a lesser citizen all because of 2019 tickets.

Chain! I pledge to APC my party, not Nigeria my country.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Doctus(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2018
The break given in NASS is directly or indirectly affecting the masses
The elite might not know
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Kayrich(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2018
linearity:

But he became the senate president with not all the APC bodies in the house. And you are all comfortable with the way he has been antagonising Pmb govt.
We will see if he is president or pmb be it now or come 2019
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by Kayrich(m): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2018
Mankosi:
Oshomole be acting like he is the President of Nigeria.

But for your saraki is the president of the country.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by nwamehn: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
buhariguy:
as of dec1 2013, APC toppled PDP with one member,
APC 172,PDP 171.
According to www.thewillnigeria.com/news

1. Boss, remember u first said that APC had 181 members in 2014. Can u produce a link that shows this before u move to a new figure, 172?

2. What u posted there bro is more or less like someone posting, "As of August 2018, PDP toppled APC in the senate with one member, PDP 54, APC 53, according to www.nairaland.com."
U see how erroneous it is? Someone would then have to go over Nairaland.com and start searching the entire Nairaland.com for a particular news.

U may kindly post the direct link of the particular news itself that bore that APC had more reps in the house than PDP in November or October 2014 that Tambuwal defected not what happened many months afterwards.

Not to defend or oppose whoever u ar defending but let the truth be told, APC didn't have the majority in the house in November or October 2014 that Tambuwal defected, let alone having 181 as u said in ur first post or 172 as u switched to in ur second post.
They only got 181 in 2015.
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by buhariguy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
nwamehn:

1. Boss, remember u first said that APC had 181 members in 2014. Can u produce a link that shows this before u move to a new figure, 172?

2. What u posted there bro is more or less like someone posting, "As of August 2018, PDP toppled APC in the senate with one member, PDP 54, APC 53, according to www.nairaland.com."
U see how erroneous it is? Someone would then have to go over Nairaland.com and start searching the entire Nairaland.com for a particular news.

U may kindly post the direct link of the particular news itself that bore that APC had more reps in the house than PDP in November or October 2014 that Tambuwal defected not what happened many months afterwards.

Not to defend or oppose whoever u ar defending but let the truth be told, APC didn't have the majority in the house in November or October 2014 that Tambuwal defected, let alone having 181 as u said in ur first post or 172 as u switched to in ur second post.
They only got 181 in 2015.
http://thewillnigeria.com/news/house-of-reps-apc-topples-pdp-becomes-majority-as-37-pdp-members-defect.

With this, i hope you will not join the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist to be saying what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by nwamehn: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
buhariguy:
http://thewillnigeria.com/news/house-of-reps-apc-topples-pdp-becomes-majority-as-37-pdp-members-defect.

With this, i hope you will not join the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist to be saying what you don't know.

Guy, don't stoop this low. If u want to make ur point make it devoid of insults. I believe u ar too old for this.

Back to the issue, I never asked u what the house was like in 2011 or 2012 or 2013. Defections happen here and there and u only posted the defections in 2013, what of the ones in February 2014 when PDP reclaimed back the majority? Look at this link below:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/154999-pdp-wins-back-majority-nigerias-house-reps.html

My first point is that APC didn't have 181 house members in 2014 as u falsely claimed earlier.

My second point is that as at October 2014 that Tambuwal defected, APC was in the minority because five APC members defected to PDP in February 2014 making PDP 176 and APC 167 as u can see from the link above.

As I said earlier, APC regained the majority in 2015 not 2014, no need bending the truth just because u want to support whoever u ar supporting.

Pls, can u avoid insults and just show me the link of a particular news that bore that APC had 181 members in 2014 as u ar erroneously claiming?
Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by buhariguy(m): 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
nwamehn:

Guy, don't stoop this low. If u want to make ur point make it devoid of insults. I believe u ar too old for this.

Back to the issue, I never asked u what the house was like in 2011 or 2012 or 2013. Defections happen here and there and u only posted the defections in 2013, what of the ones in February 2014 when PDP reclaimed back the majority? Look at this link below:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/154999-pdp-wins-back-majority-nigerias-house-reps.html

My first point is that APC didn't have 181 house members in 2014 as u falsely claimed earlier.

My second point is that as at October 2014 that Tambuwal defected, APC was in the minority because five APC members defected to PDP in February 2014 making PDP 176 and APC 167 as u can see from the link above.

As I said earlier, APC regained the majority in 2015 not 2014, no need bending the truth just because u want to support whoever u ar supporting.

Pls, can u avoid insults and just show me the link of a particular news that bore that APC had 181 members in 2014 as u ar erroneously claiming?
tambuwal was still in PDP when PDP reclaimed their majority.
From my submission, APC needed 7 member to be an undisputed majority of 181, this time around, tambuwal was still in PDP.
Btw October when tambuwal defect till DEC 2014, no meaningful legislative activities until 2015 Jan as you can confirmed when APC was 181 as undisputed majority.

Thief saraki cannot preside over majority,
because tambuwal always belong to majority, when PDP was the majority, tambuwal were still with them until APC became majority before he defect to APC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers by nwamehn: 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
buhariguy:
tambuwal was still in PDP when PDP reclaimed their majority.
From my submission, APC needed 7 member to be an undisputed majority of 181, this time around, tambuwal was still in PDP.
Btw October when tambuwal defect till DEC 2014, no meaningful legislative activities until 2015 Jan as you can confirmed when APC was 181 as undisputed majority.

Thief saraki cannot preside over majority,
because tambuwal always belong to majority, when PDP was the majority, tambuwal were still with them until APC became majority before he defect to APC

Whether Saraki is a thief or not is not my business. My own is that no matter how hard u try, u can never distort history or truth.
APC didn't become majority before Tambuwal defected. The last defection took place in February 2014 and five members left APC for PDP making it PDP 176 and APC 167, it is evident from this link below:

As at February 2014, PDP was in the majority as it is evident from that link above. Can u pls be honourable enough to show me the link showing that there were other house members that defected from PDP to APC between February 2014 and October 2014 that made APC majority before Tambuwal defected?

I want to believe that u believe in facts not mere assumptions, so why not show me facts?

The two major defections that sprung APC to majority took place in 2015. One was when PDP lost 10 members and the other was when they lost 6 members in February, 2015.

Since u ar insisting that APC had 181 members in 2014, pls can u show me the link that shows this? Or even show me the link that shows any other defections from PDP between February 2014 and October 2014 that Tambuwal defected?

If u cannot show facts by providing these links to prove ur claims right, then ur claims ar false claims.
Intellectual discussions don't run on sentimental calculations but on facts, bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Surprised As Labour Keeps Mum On Fuel Price Increase / Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG / President Tinubu Appoints 8 New Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.