Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) (39098 Views)

Tiwa Savage Twerks On Humblesmith At Osinachi Concert [video] / Attracta: Humblesmith Featuring Tiwa Savage (Hot Photos) / RMD, His Daughter & Son, Tega Mofe-Damijo On Red Carpet At Falz Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by newsynews: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dear social media influencers, street interviewers, youtubers etc, now is the time to stop making mocking videos of people.

The trend these day is for someone with a camera and a microphone to hit the streets of Lagos to interview people about trendy issues. The interviewer usually asks cunning questions with the hope that the interviewee will mess up with his answers so that he can create a funny video out of it which will go viral on social media. The question could be ''what are the mineral resources we have in Nigeria?'' The person providing the answer may out of ignorance mention Fanta, Coke, Pepsi etc thinking the question was about soft drinks aka 'minerals'. This becomes a huge catch which will now be transformed into a mocking video for youtube and other social media platforms.

This worrying trend is gradually killing Nigerians as they now find it difficult stepping forward to speak when they see a camera and a microphone. I first noticed it when I took to the streets to interview youths concerning the Lazy Youths statement made by the president. Many of them fled when I and my camera man approached them for their opinion. When I asked why they don't want to be interviewed, to my surprise, they said they are afraid they will become a laughing stock on social media because guys like us are known to make mockery of people in videos.

Well, I brushed whatever they said aside because I thought it was just a bad day to be out interviewing people. Also I felt most of them didn't want to get interviewed because they weren't in their best clothes with good makeup on.

However, I recently discovered the extent of damage the habit of making mocking videos of people has done to the Nigerian mind. I made the discovery when I was on the red carpet at Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert at Eko Hotel last Sunday. I thought it was going to be easy getting people to interview because they will all be well dressed and would love the whole world to see them on TV at their best. However, I was wrong. The same issue I faced on the streets the other day met me on the red carpet again. Many guests at the event didn't want to be interviewed. According to them, they don't want to ridiculed for making a slight mistake while speaking. They don't want a voice shouting ''FUNKE, Apostle must hear of this'' when they speak the wrong English. It almost became hell for me as I had to step off the red carpet to beg people to be interviewed. I had to assure them that they won't surface in any mockery video. I even promised them that if they make any mistake while on the red carpet, I won't mind telling my camera man to cut it off so we can start all over again. I managed to get a few people to interview, and I did keep to my promise.

I hereby call on social media companies who are into the making of funny and mocking videos to please put a stop to that, because it is making Nigerians scared of facing the camera. This is very bad and not encouraging to people who find it hard speaking in public.

SHARE.

VIDEO from the red carpet at Humblesmith's Osinachi concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK5Fxj9KIkM&t=108s

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Tamarapetty(f): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
oh okay

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by sureteeboy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
That's what happens when Nigerians wouldn't take anything serious for once. A video blogger will infringe on innocent interviewees' privacy and make mockery of them on social media all with the aim of expanding his subscribers

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
The same issue I faced on the streets the other day met me on the red carpet again. Many guests at the event didn't want to be interviewed. According to them, they don't want to ridiculed for making a slight mistake while speaking.

It is what it is.
Not everyone love being yab or make fun of or have a thick skin.
Respect their views.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Authoreety: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
All for better bank akants!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by tstx(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Okay
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by SEONaijaExpert: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
This guy should face his colleagues and not Nigerians as a whole.
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Authoreety: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Good
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by RexTramadol1: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Gbagaun dey sweet belle o

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Bluezy13(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hmmm...

Everyone can't take it the way you do.
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Sweetcollins: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
Observer
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by idonhammer: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
ok
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2018

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Queenext: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
We Nigerian overdo things,making mockery of English that isn't our father's language.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
Weytin you expect when illiteracy is on the rise..

so many unbaked graduates wakaing upandan the streets

Simple and effective English na problem

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Bossontop(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
undecided
But you cant make a mistake on sometin you dont actually know abii?? Eg...1 + 1 = what?? And you answer 3, na mistake be dat?, abii you jus mumu die

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by spiceadole: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
HumbleSmith and this his Osinachi...
Old song...

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by fobiflex(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
we don hear
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by mikeweezy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
so now can we pray for humble Smith to have just one more hit then him will remix 5times?

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by tunary(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
Better runaway from camera to avoid any form of embarrassment if u nat set4eat
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by pocohantas(f): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
I'm beginning to think social media has done more harm than good.

The recent quest to be savage isn't helping.

I don't blame them, I will/might run too.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by SachaBastien(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
When you guys were skipping English Language class little did you know "Funke!" was coming for you.
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by toyinmary: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PKQIOLn-KU

My niece got talent
Please, check it out
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by mytime24(f): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Village people don land
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
Bru ah ah aha ha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What I Noticed On The Red Carpet At Humblesmith's Osinachi Concert (video) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
yes oh.. mostly nairaland brethren...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ik Ogbonna Transformed Into A Woman In "Disguise" (Photos) / Mayorkun's Mother, Toyin Adewale Looking Radiant In New Year Photos / Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.