Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana (39103 Views)

Photos Of The Curvy Music Video Vixen, Maltida Quaye, Shatta Wale Accused Burna / Fred Nuamah And Martekor Quaye Marriage Crashes / Emmanuel Nii Adom Quaye Strika’s Money Is Safe In A Trust Fund – Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Meekend: 2:05am On Aug 21, 2018
Reports reaching odarteyghnews.com indicates that Emmanuel Nii Adom Quaye alias Strika, the kid who played in the infamous ‘Beast of No Nation’ movie alongside Abraham Attah is now a beggar on the streets of Accra.

A Facebook user by the name Caleb Nii Boye made the sad revelation on his Facebook account on Monday morning.

The post read; “I am sad this morning. I was heading to the Ghana Institute of Journalism campus and I met Striker. You would ask who is Striker? Striker starred in the movie Beast of No Nations. The said film that made Abraham Attah. Today I met him begging for money on the road leading to GIJ. I called him and brought him to campus. Speaking to him he tells me he now works with a gentleman who sells Yam at Agbogbloshie Market. He stays with his grandma at North Kaneshie”.

In an interview with Serwaa Amihere of GhOneTv, Strika revealed that all the kids who shot the movie have been well taken care of except him in terms 0f payment.

Strika further stated that “ I was told i was paid 30,000 but i don't know if it was in cedis or dollars , i was a child then so the producer by name Zoey open the account for me. I have stopped schooling because it's difficult for me hence i want to learn a trade so i left Cape-coast to Accra. My parents are dead so i stay with my grand mum who takes care of me"

This revealation comes as a shock to Ghanaians since Kobina Amissah-Sam in an interview with MzGee on Hitz FM in 2016 said all the kids who took part in the movie have been well taken care of.

He is reported to have said “They have not been forgotten, they have really been taken care of. They are not lacking now as they used to so everything is cool for them now. He has never been in school before but after the production, producers of the movie felt that they have to put him in school. I don’t think that it is Netflix that is taking care of them, it is the producer who wants to help the kids. He is taking care of the three kids, Abraham, Striker and there is one other guy called Justice who stepped on Agu’s head when he was caught”

Watch full interview below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8FLJoP6KM

https://www.modernghana.com/entertainment/52258/strika-of-beast-of-no-nation-fame-abandoned-to-beg-for-su.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by dPriv: 2:28am On Aug 21, 2018
Strika, the guy who never uttered a word throughout the film.

Happy for Agu.

Check signature for this LENOVO LAPTOP in ILORIN .

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by AfroSamurai: 2:38am On Aug 21, 2018
Meekend:
In 2015, Emmanuel Nii Adom Quaye was featured as “Strika” in the movie Beast of No Nations alongside Idris Elba and Abraham Attah. Three years later, he is on the streets of Ghana, begging to earn a living.

The young actor was seen begging by a fan who recognized him and was taken to a local tv station for an interview. Speaking on GHOne TV, Quaye narrated his experience after the acclaimed film.

According to him, he was supposed to be paid $30,000 for the role but the money was taken custody of by a handler who promised to pay the money once he turned 18. Sadly, the said person has not made good on that promise.

The movie was a Netflix adaptation of a book of the same title by Uzodinma Iweala and cost six million dollars to produce. Idris Elba won a SAG Awards for his role and was nominated for Golden Globe.

On the contrary, Abraham Attah who played the main character Agu has since made inroads into a Hollywood career. Having relocated to the United States, he got a role in the Marvel film Spiderman: Homecoming and is billed to feature in the forthcoming The Modern Ocean.

Quaye’s life couldn’t be any different as he continues to scrape by in his home country. He revealed that he was also featured in a Ghanaian movie Jungo Justice but suffered the same fate- the producers told him his fee was used to buy clothes and shoes for him but he never got any actual money.

READ MORE:
http://meekendblog.com/cheated-out-of-30000-he-was-paid-for-beast-of-nations-strika-now-a-beggar-in-ghana/
stop using your blog as source for this news? You don't have the resource to report it. Post where you got it from as your source.

Thanks.

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by phemmyfour: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2018
Beast of no Nations.... Egbekegbe

Na bad society..beast of no Nations, Egbekegbe

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Nbote(m): 7:27am On Aug 21, 2018
Agu's eventual partner in crime.. But wait ooo, how can producers tell him dey used his money to buy clothes for him? Dat his handler shld b arrested immediately jare.. Or beta still his head shld b used for "chop melon" practice

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by TissuePaper: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2018
About 9.5 million naira... I find it kinda hard to believe this

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by itiswellandwell: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2018
Hmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2018
$30,000 shocked

With that money, he shouldnt be poor, ever!

Modified: But the person entrusted with the boy's money is wicked.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by EXLOVER(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2018
Hollywood dey try pay sha, $30000 for this small boy, that money you will use it to pay Jim Iyke, Ramsey Noah, Mercy Johnson and even Genevieve Nnaji changes go still remain for after party.

110 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by hardywaltz(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2018
Na so

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by dkronicle(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2018
He never had a good personal manager.
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 21, 2018
30,000 USD is not beans na.

Either his family members or management squandered the money.

8 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2018
Fake news! A little research would do. The guy in "beast of no nation" is doing well in Hollywood.
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by dkronicle(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
$300,000 shocked

Use 3 minutes and read the content

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Sijo01(f): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2018
This is bad if true. Some people can be wicked.
Hope good samaritan help in retrieving the money after this publicity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by dkronicle(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2018
avictor05:
There's a difference between knowing how to make and keep money.
Oga try read small

17 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by OboOlora(f): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2018
Village people right now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by neolboy(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2018
He was used and dump

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Houseofglam7(f): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2018
Shame cry
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by dayleke: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
$300,000 shocked

Oga, Pls look and read again o....
Haba!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Godknowsbest: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2018
Obodorobodo...quote author=phemmyfour post=70467852]Beast of no Nations.... Egbekegbe

Na bad society..beast of no Nations, Egbekegbe

[/quote]
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by banjeezay(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2018
Na wa o, when village people don gt ur time dem don gt am b dt.
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by emmabest2000(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2018
Those people shouting village this village that

The only problem here is that those in charge of his money are wicked

Why can’t they sent him to school with that money

Some people sef ...

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by wayne4loan: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2018
angry
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by bestower: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2018
I don't really believe this story,what of his parents? Before he was featured in the movie didn't he has any agent or lawyer to guide him through his financial aspects? maybe he was a free spender or ......I just don't know.... Something is wrong somewhere...Agu am happy for you and your success.
Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by Metuh: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

thanks bro, almost fell for this BS!!!! here is him today....

Nigerian yoots and laziness self.

Agu is the one at Hollywood, This is Strika!!!

Learn to read and understand. Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Quaye "Strika" Turns Beggar In Ghana by ayusco85(m): 9:18am On Aug 21, 2018
Black man cruelty to a fellow black

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mayorkun's Mother, Toyin Adewale Looking Radiant In New Year Photos / Meet Taju And Watch The Video That Got Celebrities Interested In Him / Ex-bbnaija Housemate, Gifty Beautiful In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.