Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram (13372 Views)

A Tailor's Whatsapp Status, 4 Days To Eid / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Lukgaf(m): 6:40am On Aug 17, 2018
Olaide Oyelude, Katsina

With less than a week to the Eid El-Kabir festival, preparations for the annual event have reached feverish pitch in Katsina State with many ram traders hawking the animals in the state capital and surrounding towns of Batsari, Malumfashi, Charanchi, Jibia , Daura and Funtua, among others.

Many traders from other parts of the country, especially from Ilorin, Ibadan and Lagos, were also seen combing surrounding towns and villages in Katsina in search of cheap rams which they intended to resell in their respective states.

Investigation showed that prices of rams as well as other consumables, commonly used during the festival, were still stable as of press time.

Prices of rams in Katsina ranged between N24,000 and N65,000, depending on the size and the bargaining power of the buyer.

A ram seller, who gave his name as Kasali Yekini from Ibadan, said he and his colleagues, some of who were from Lagos, had been to Batsari, Maiadua, Charanchi, Baba-mutummu and Kongwolam towns, in search of cheap rams.

He said they were able to get some animals which they were taking to the southern part of the country for sale.

Yekini declined to disclose how much he purchased the rams, declaring only that “the market is fair.”

Bus fares to Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna ranged from N6,000;N3,000 to N1,700, although there were indications that they might go up on the eve of the festival.

An official of the state chapter of National Union of Roads Transport Workers Union, who begged for anonymity, however, ruled out fare hike during the festival, insisting that the union frowned on it during the period.

Many passengers were seen at the central motor park, travelling out of the city for the celebration.

Visit to major markets and shopping centres, including the central market, Kofa Marusa, Kofa Kwaya and Green House, also showed a huge number of shoppers buying cloths.

https://punchng.com/lagos-ibadan-traders-flood-katsina-to-buy-sallah-rams/

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Lukgaf(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2018
Mukina2, Sissie, seun, lalasticlala and all Nairaland Muslim.

when are you guys buying your Ram. Don't forget mine biko. May Allah count us among those that will witness this year and many Eid in peace, good health and wealth

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Ibcdesigns(m): 9:28am On Aug 17, 2018
Good

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Canme4u(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2018
Eid Mubarak

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Praktikals(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2018
So if Abraham had sacrificed his son, muslims would have been sacrificing their first sons. Hehehe. Any papa weh try shit with me, na me go sacrifice am first.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Jabioro: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2018
I wish all the Nairaland muslim merry Eld kabir in advance.l don't how you all are going to do it l must get the pounds of your ille ya meat on my dinning table..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Lakside1955(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2018
If u see the way ram cost for Lagos here, bro u go japa ni o, aboki they call ram for me 180,000 grin

him think say I be Yahoo boy ni o grin

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by obowunmi(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2018
Ram weey BokoHoram and Fulani don't knack finish.
Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Asbaba(m): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2018
Praktikals:
So if Abraham had sacrificed his son, muslims would have been sacrificing their first sons. Hehehe. Any papa weh try shit with me, na me go sacrifice am first.

you funny die.

if you see them (Yoruba) as they rush for my hometown to buy rams you fit frighten.
they done come make cost for us.
Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by bestpunterever: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2018
obowunmi:
were
Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by ManirBK: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2018
eid mubarak

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by Wucheria: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Getting rams and cows in the north seems to be cheaper, and simple to get. Note l am not selling rams or cows but l got mine from here too
Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by handsomeyinka(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2018
Na my computer RAM sure pass
Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by yazach: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2018
Praktikals:

You know, it is the doctrine of Christians to sacrifice son like your claim about Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by yazach: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2018
obowunmi:

You just won dirty slap from Nigeria Army for being so stupid and you must claim it

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram by yazach: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2018
handsomeyinka:
Na my computer RAM sure pass

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams / Football: World Muslim 11 / Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.