Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour (34017 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Meet The Only African Leader That Was Kissed On The Foot By Pope Francis / Before & After Photos Of Prophet Elvis Mbonye Whose Members Kissed His Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by ebusnwaoma: 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gianna Masciantonio who was kissed by the Pope when she was 1-year-old three years ago, has defied all odds to beat a brain tumor which knocked her down. Pope Francis didn’t realize she had a debilitating brain tumor, but the story made headlines and the tumor eventually disappeared.

The little girl was previously diagnosed with Histiocytosis, a blood disorder that eventually formed a brain tumor. It’s now gone and chemotherapy is just a distant memory for Gianna.

“She’s doing great. She’s going to attend preschool this fall. She’s so excited,” said her mother, Kristen Masciantonio.

“Seeing your kid run around and seeing her doing the things she’s doing with what they told us from the beginning is amazing,” said Gianna’s father, Joey Masciantonio.

Gianna's recovery has been credited to the girl's faith and the team at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), including Dr. Phillip Storm and Dr. Amish Shah. The The Masciantonio family,  turned up to donate $50,000 to CHOP in the name of Gianna’s foundation. The foundation is called “For the Love of Grace.” Grace is Gianna’s middle name. Greeting her at CHOP on Friday were her two heroes, Dr. Shah and Dr. Storm.

“She’s blown our expectations out of the water in terms of how she’s doing. She’s resilient and she’s tough and instead of taking all this as something to be fearful of, she’s really taking this in stride,” said Shah, a pediatric neuro-oncologist at CHOP.

“From what I thought at age 4 months when I operated on her, if you would have told me she’d be running around getting ready to start preschool, I would have told you you’d be crazy. It just wouldn’t happen,” said Storm, the chief of pediatric neurosurgery at CHOP.

Storm is glad he was wrong and now Gianna’s future looks bright. Her parents say the doctors at CHOP, with a touch of faith from Pope Francis three years ago, saved Gianna’s life.

https://lailasnews.com/baby-kissed-by-pope-beats-brain-tumor/

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by dingbang(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
Come and kiss the king in the north

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Emmafe(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
If that’s true all Glory to God

Check my signature for phone deals

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by sarrki(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
grin
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by ChiefAzubuike(f): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by MrAnele(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
chei... myopic Christains. oya over to una... let the praising begin....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by BruncleZuma: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
[img]https://media1./images/f1b5e20b233029ced9eaa0b3dceb5a92/tenor.gif[/img]

I'm here for the ethno-religious bloodbath...

35 Likes

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Imustreturn(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
Bless you

2 Likes

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Mcowubaba: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
No correlation, with the kiss and the baby beating brain tumor.
Religion is one of the biggest scam on Earth

10 Likes

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by mykkel(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
[/quote]wow wonderful!!!
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by rman: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
The baby was treated by qualified doctors. she was receiving chemoterpahy and it worked.

The kiss had nothing to do with her recovery.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Pachesky(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
For the critics above me I wish you all knew about the power of Faith. If you did you wouldnt be surprised at some certain things.
If you have anyone who has undergone chemotherapy and survived..kindly ask them what kept them going despite the horrifying pain they were subjected to..
Then you would understand

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Firmilano132: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
shocked
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by midolian(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
Oh My God! cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Engrwhyte(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by snappyicee: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
please come kiss bubu grin

4 Likes

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by starbuck(f): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
With Faith , the impossible becomes possible

Haters should choke on their spit

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Sharpshooota: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
It's a miracle....

God be praised

I tap into this healing

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by Naijawebmaster: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
Holy Kiss. smiley

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by abokibuhari: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
dingbang:
Come and kiss the king in the north
Final bye bye kiss, no care where him go after death but make him just kpai

1 Like

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by EmekaBlue(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
lipsrsealed
make i just keep quiet
Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by hopefulLandlord: 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
I ate Amala and ewedu soup then took professional exam which I passed

By the logic of OPs story my eating Amala was why I passed

You guys should Google "Post Hoc ergo propter hoc"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by footprint17(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:
This scam religion at it again, the baby never had any brain tumor just a fake story created by the fraud infested religion they intend using to promote their scam.
Believe this shit you believe anything

Trash!
guy/babe this is someones testimony not urs.... I know 1 day u too will seek such ...... I pray u find it and glorify Jesus

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by berryford: 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
She's blessed. Meanwhile.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by jacob948: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
wow is a miracle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour by ijemishkisic(m): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
Hmm, wonder shall never end!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell / Pastor Kumuyi: "Why We Built A New Deeper Life Bible Church Headquarters" / HAVING JESUS OR MARY PICTURE IN YOUR HOUSE WILL MAKE YOU A CANDIDATE OF HELL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.