Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha (17591 Views)

APC Is No Longer Breathing In Imo – Okorocha / Imo: Okorocha Mocks Ihedioha, Says Governor Behaving Like Reps Member / "Hope Uzodinma Can't Win Election In Imo" - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by OrientDailyNews: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2018

By Damian Duruiheoma
Owerri
Governor Rochas Oko­rocha of Imo State has cried out over what he called continuous persecution and campaign of calumny from church leaders and their mem­bers in the state despite all he had done to develop the state in the past seven years.
Speaking at a media parley at the Government House, Ow­erri, Okorocha confessed that he had stepped on the toes of many churches within the Ow­erri municipality as a result of his administration urban re­newal programme.

According to him, “the re­moval of the church at Ware­house Roundabout angered members of the Pentecostal churches against me and re­moval of a church fence at Akwakuma made the Cath­olics declare me persona non grata, while the removal of some churches to create Sam Mbakwe Road from Umezurui­ke Hospital angered the Apos­tolic and some white garment churches.”
He said from information available to him, the churches were now waiting for the mem­bers of his All Progressives Congress (APC) during the campaigns to disgrace them, stating such campaigns had already started.

According to him, one of the most harrowing of such plots by the church came when his wife and first lady of the state went to a church in Ikeduru to attend a thanksgiving of one of her followers, only for the priest in charge of the church to ask her to stay behind at the back seat because she came late.
“The priest even had to an­nounce it with a microphone telling people seated behind to come to the front seat and that no late comer should be given the front seat when my wife was stepping into the church.
“Again, on a personal note, during the child dedication of one of my grand children at the St. Joseph the Worker Catho­lic Chaplaincy in Imo State University. I initially did not want to attend that occasion but knowing who my daughter is, if I didn’t go she might come here and start crying over that. So, I managed to attend the church.

“During the closing pro­cesses, in an event like this, the governor should talk. But when I took the microphone to speak, the priest in charge of the church who is also one of the lecturers I pay in IMSU, approached me and was or­dering me not to talk politics inside the church. I felt hu­miliated because it has never happened anywhere where a governor is told what to say.
“All I did was to tell them that I wasn’t there as a visitor but as a grandfather if not such actions would have been met with consequences”, he said.
The governor also recalled how Charley Boy Oputa snatched the microphone from him and prevented him from speaking during his father’s well celebrated burial at Ogu­ta, saying all these would not deter him from going on with his plan of giving the state a facelift.
Meanwhile, a commissioner in the state who spoke to jour­nalists on the condition of an­onymity, has said the APC in the state would no longer rely on campaigning in churches to win the 2019 general election.
According to the commission­er, because of the hatred some church leaders bear against the party in the state, one major strategy adopted by the party is to embark on house-to-house campaign to win the votes of the Imo electorate be­cause not every church goer agrees with the stance of their leaders.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/govt-facing-worst-persecution-churches/

1 Like

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by amaniro: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nobody likes you dullard

First tenure = A saint
second tenure =A beast and a dictator
"I am bigger than Nigeria "~okorocha.

Still you are a governor in Nigeriatongue

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by wisino1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
Cry cry baby okorocha.......please stop crying ........after all it was the same church APC used as a propaganda tool when the former governor ohaikim was alleged to have slap a Catholic priest there by making the Catholic not to vote for him......so what goes around comes around

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Onetop(m): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
It hasn't started yet. Is it not the same Church, especially the Roman Catholic Church that brought you to power.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Waakanda: 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Sama them statues, they'll leave you alone grin

Is your CV good? 4 CV Samples written by an HR Expert (must see): www..com/cv-samples

13 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by princechurchill(m): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
He's already playing the victim card when God hasn't strike him with madness

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by easynetsms(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
Imagine when d church is against u, my broda u re finished ...

check my signature for cheap dstv and gotv subscription 100% legit

19 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Favour9ja(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Oreofepeters: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
hmmn

35 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by coast2sahara: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by hisexcellency34: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Okorocha...turning Imo state to family business since 2011

12 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by HajimeSaito(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
This fool is full of surprises.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by BruncleZuma: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by macino1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Is it logical criticism you're calling persecution!? If yes. Then more is needed from right thinking Imo citizens.

8 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by kindnyce(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Coming firm the next IBO president 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Centcanada: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
Idiot and nonsense Governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Bossontop(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
undecided
Can sombori tell oga Iberiberism to shut up.....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by DRJECKYLL(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
Rochas once immunity has been removed....gaddafis end will appear much more appealing. How can you destroy peoples property without compensation and accumulate stolen land with impunity and think the state will just be smiling. The day of reckoning is fast approaching

20 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
too group of looters against their self what is my business?
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by semyman: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
Churches are hideouts for creeminaals, riktualists and loooooters
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by velocity25(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
this man don mad oo

4 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by arrestdarrester: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
Deservedly so if true!

2 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Edu3Again: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2018

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Naijawebmaster: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
Naija politics just tire me. embarassed

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by Opinionated: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by webmaster001: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
AM sorry for Imo state

3 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by donbachi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
when a man'r sins and atrocities begins to hunt him,he puts it on the heads of those that are spiritually stronger than him...go and ask God for mercy...you lied to them.

2 Likes

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by gazilion: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
"But when I took the microphone to speak, the priest in charge of the church who is also one of the lecturers I pay in IMSU, approached me and was or­dering me not to talk politics inside the church. I felt hu­miliated because it has never happened anywhere where a governor is told what to say."

Governor Rochas Okorocha with all his brigandage forgets sometimes that power is transient and no condition is permanent! I am really dissappointed in his leadership of looting and counter looting!! His thuggery and cultism stinks!!! His support of the present president despite non performance and lack of capacity smacks of confusion. I pray the people of Imo state will vote out his party in 2019.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Govt Facing Worst Persecution From Churches In Imo – Okorocha by lilycasera(f): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Walai you too wicked.This meme is the father of all memes.Lmao

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry / Tinubu Hails Tunji-Ojo Reforms As Interior Minister / Lagos Building Nigeria's First 7 Star Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.