Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry (17579 Views)

I Did Not Promise To Build New Schools - Peter Obi Replies Reno (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport / Months To Tenure Expiration, FG To Build New Medical Centre In Buhari’s Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by ManirBK: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
The Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has restated his government’s commitment to construct a new port in the Badagry axis of the state to decongest Apapa and Tincan Island ports and bring in more investors into the state.

He disclosed this when the acting Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Adewale Adeniyi, paid him a courtesy visit at the Lagos House, Marina.

Sanwo-Olu noted that the state government was already in touch with a contractor for the construction of the Badagry Port.

While reiterating his administration’s commitment to making Lagos a business destination for as many investors as possible to improve the economic prosperity of the state, Sanwo-Olu expressed willingness to continue to partner with the Nigeria Customs Service to ensure turnaround for the ports in the state to be globally competitive and make Lagos a top destination for West African countries.

Speaking earlier, the acting CG noted that Lagos as the economic nerve centre of Nigeria generated 70 to 75 per cent of customs revenue in the country.

He pledged to end smuggling so as to boost Made-in-Nigeria products and improve the economy of the country.
https://dailytrust.com/lagos-to-build-new-port-in-badagry/

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by ManirBK: 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
Good development

With Tinubu as President all positive developments are possible

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
Great

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by fredoooooo: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
Deja vu

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by AllenSpencer: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
Those who know opportunity have seen it already!

That's the next place to secure the next real estate investment

66 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Basic123: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
What happened to non SW ports when GEJ was the president, ANYIM PIUS ANYIM was the SGF,OKONJO IWEALA was the coordinating minister of the economy ALLYSON MADUEKE was the minister of petroleum,STELLA ODUAH was minister of Aviation,EMEFIELE was the CBN Governor, ARUMA OTEH was the chairman SEC,PETER OBI was later the chairman of SEC ,IKE EKWEREMADU was the deputy senate president, EMEKA IHEDIOHA was the deputy speaker..all for 5years 2010 to 2015!
Some will never take responsibility for their life but blame others

185 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Praxis758: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Unlearned people will still allude the glory to Tinubu.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Good one , Nigerians will enjoy by the time this government is stable, I'll advise you suspend your Japa plans ooo because better days are coming.

22 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Almiron: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2023

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Hollyharjii: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
k
Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by tochman(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
But we actually do have ports in other parts of the country that are not working to maximum capacity. I believe the govt can help make laws that can encourage such ports. Instead of creating more congestion in Badagry axis, let's try to decongest Lagos and the terrible traffic.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Rubbish! Why do we Igbos keep developing and building ports in the South West when we have none at home.(I'm being sarcastic by the way,yet I still got likes from people whom are delusional enough to believe what I typed)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by shiki(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin Let the congestion continue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by MESS11AH: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
A welcome development. That's the benefits of being close to the sea.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Very laughable!!!
Does it mean no state in SS can build seaport?

Forget about Ibom deep sea we been hearing for years .

Rivers state have two non are functioning

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Curse777: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by atobs4real(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Is Lagos Nigeria?
This development is really astronomical

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by PepeXKermit: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
You want to do port in lagos,making it the third, but all the coastal line in the ss and Se ports are not working or not working as it should

For those mumu quoting me, you think this is a sole LAGOS project without backing from the center? Where Lagos see money wey them wan do port just lile that. Abi you no knpw how much e cost?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by wiseone28: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Thank God no one in this country is barred from working anywhere in the country since they want to situate everything in one state we will all come to Lagos and work

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Akinhaya: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by FreeStuffsNG: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
This is the best time to invest in Lagos and Yorubaland states if you don't hate the Yoruba and Yorubaland and you want our land to bless you, your investments with great ROI.

If you hate the Yoruba or intend to meddle in our local politics, don't bother to bring your investments because it will not be blessed.
May God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by djseanjohn77: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Those who know opportunity have seen it already!

That's the next place to secure the next real estate investment

I have 4 plots in that area already, completed 1. Someone was asking me why Badagry, i simply said, I have seen the future of Lagos. The only thing stopping Badagry at the moment is good roads, once that is fixed, trust me, that's the new LAGOS. Besides, I am from Badagry.

29 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by money121(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ok now
Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by bennybuhari: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
Repair bad roads and curb armed robbery first

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by OBTOREPA(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
My boy is working

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by IamPlato(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Why is the government not building ports in port Harcourt

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Obaofaba: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
Good one there!!!

I'm proud to be a Nigerian seeing news like this.

Is sanwolu the only governor in Nigeria?

Is south west the only region of Nigeria working?

What's happening in South East for God sake?

Yet some people will not remove the log of wood in their own eyes.

Fake love marafuvkers...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Curse777: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
PepeXKermit:
You want to do port in lagos,making it the third, but all the coastal line in the ss and Se ports are not working or not working as it should

Do you want Sanwolu to help you construct Seaport

Don't you have Government

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Adeniranloye(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
Long over due.

Good one as this will aid the usage of the sultan beach for more commercial purpose.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry by Curse777: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
IamPlato:
Why is the government not building ports in port Harcourt

Because Port Harcourt has a Governor and two ports already

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protesters Block INEC Office In Akure Over Removal Of Eyitayo's Name (Photos) / CONASSLA Gives Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers 7 Days To Reveal Their Running Costs / EFCC Arrests Ogun State House Of Assembly Contestant For Vote Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.