Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) (1652 Views)

Couple Wed In The Mud (Pictures) / South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) / Deaf And Mute Couple Wed In Akwa Ibom . Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by Urbanmusic: 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
A homeless couple got married under a motorway bridge after 30 years together, thanks to the generosity of strangers. The heart-warming union between Llewellyn Jeneker and Cecilia Absolom took place in Cape Town, a port city on South Africa’s south-western coast.

The pair were married by pastor Manuel Benans in front of more than 100 guests, including other homeless people from the city’s Culemborg Safe Space.

Also in attendance was the newlyweds’ 12-year-old son Dylan. He witnessed his parents’ first dance as a live band belted out ‘Save the Last Dance to Me’.

The big day was made possible by the organisational powers of the city council and a woman called Jill Jeftha, who donated the wedding dress for the blushing bride.

The bride, who has been homeless most of her life, said that the dress “stole my heart”. Since June Llewellyn and Cecilia have lived in the city council run Safe Space, a new initiative which provides beds for 230 people.

https://www.urbanmusic.co/true-love-or-what-homeless-couple-wed-under-bridge-after-30-years-of-being-together-photos/

cc: Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2018

Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by Jaqenhghar: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by MasterBaiter: 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
none of my business.

Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
30 years together shocked hmm
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by daviesblaze(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
When i saw the headlines, i was like;

"This could never be in Nigeria"

Lo and Behold, my assumption was validated as a fact cheesy cheesy
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by haywire07(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
Is that not Aliko dangote?
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by nwakibe: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
Amd Uju said she can't marry me as a tenant In 2 bedroom flat until I build my own house. Time to relocat to South Africa.
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by nwakibe: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
And Uju said she can't marry me as a tenant In 2 bedroom flat until I build my own house. Time to relocat to South Africa.
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by Urbanmusic: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
nwakibe:
And Uju said she can't marry me as a tenant In 2 bedroom flat until I build my own house. Time to relocat to South Africa.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Homeless Couple Wed Under Bridge After 30 Years Of Being Together (photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
And i was proved rightcheesy.even before i open this thread i knew this can never happen in nigeria. The love we dey practice in nigeria na money love.this love is unique.

(1) (Reply)

Love, Sex, And Money; Which Is Most Important In Relationship? / I Had Nothing When I Met My Wife 18 Years Ago – Peter Okoye / David And Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.