Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k (6593 Views)

Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. / SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
The car is a Honda Bullet

First body..

From my test drive, engine and transmission are ok...engine does not smoke

A.C. isn't functional

One of the backlights has a small break

Electric windows are working...but I noticed the speedometer isn't

No spare tyre or jack..

Pls find attached pictures of the said car....Yoir comments And advice are really welcome

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
kindly go to the ATM, withdraw money and pay for the car.

Thank you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2019
Furthermore, the car is coming with number plates, although the documents have expired and I have to renew them and also do change of ownership

The owner so says the vehicle is almost due for servicing ...so I have to do that as well as check the vehicle's ball joints to avoid the notorious honda leg pull

Interior is a bit dirty but to a great extent factory spec...
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
kindly go to the ATM, withdraw money and pay for the car.

Thank you

Coming from you Sir, I really do appreciate smiley

I will pay for the car tomorrow and update this thread Sir

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
Sellfish:

Coming from you Sir, I really do appreciate smiley

I will pay for the car tomorrow and update this thread Sir

Bros go with mechanic o! Don't pull a legalwealth on me pls .

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Bros go with mechanic o! Don't pull a legalwealth on me pls .

Of course not Sir cheesy

Most Mechanics over here collude wirh car dealers to certify cars for purchase at a fee...the last time I went for a car inspection within my poor 300k groundnut budget, the mecho urged me to buy a henessy with a smoking engine, and even took the whole thing vascular when I refused...Bros was almost swearing for me and shouting that since I was not ready to buy the car, why did iinvite him to check it...and I already paid him 10k for the inspection oo

It was later one of the seller's boys told me that the mecho had already agreed to a fee of 20k with his boss to convince me to buy the car

So This time, I just took a friend who has owned a well maintained same type of car for about 6 years...We took the car on a 40km spin and he said all was good except that the steering was tilting a bit to the right...He said that was nothing an alignment cannot cure...

13 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by SOFTENGR: 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
Take your Mechanic along for inspection before you pay
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by TheStarsAlign: 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
I'm just surprised how clean the engine area is... Owner must have been a good user shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by TRYGO(m): 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
Seller even disclosing the next maintenance item must be a different human being. Some don't tell you all that.

Bargain for #180-200k and hear what he tells you.
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Larwin(m): 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
Bros, 40km no b testing ó. try to run the car at around 100km. That's when you can know some other hidden things
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by TRYGO(m): 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
Seller even disclosing the next maintenance item must be a different human being. Some don't tell you all that.

Strong car, Honda bullet.

I nearly bought one for #150k for a friend, but that had issues with fuel pump to be fixed.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Allem(m): 3:46am On Sep 23, 2019
I believe what he's talking about is D and not S. So 40km is okay
Larwin:
Bros, 40km no b testing ó. try to run the car at around 100km. That's when you can know some other hidden things

3 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 5:19am On Sep 23, 2019
SOFTENGR:
Take your Mechanic along for inspection before you pay

I will Sir..

Thanks
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 5:23am On Sep 23, 2019
TRYGO:

I nearly bought one for #150k for a friend, but that had issues with fuel pump to be fixed.

Regards

The seller initially refused my 240k and insisted on 260k....it was like two days later that the person who connected me wirh the seller called Me back and said if I pay 240k, I will renew the vehicle papers myself and buy a spare tyre...the vehicle comes with a spare rim tho....

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2019
TRYGO:

Regards
Sir, having searched for months in my area, this is the cheapest Honda bullet with a 1st body and acceptably working components ....Going to Abuja, Kano or Kaduna o buy a presumably cheaper one with a difference of 50k does not appeal to me ....it's not like I have seen a 200k Functional Honda Bullet tho...and I have searched both on this forum and all over my state....i have inspected some advertised on this forum for 300k and the engines were either smoking, or gearbox was quarter to die...and no...i never saw anyone with a true first body within my budget..

Other things being equal, I will pick up the car today and update this thread smiley ....if Gazzuzz was close, I woukd have paid his inspection fee for him to examine the Jalopy grin...but as him no dey, I will just trust my instincts and take the dive...May the gods be with me grin

Besides the seller is giving the car away with a brand new battery...Battery that may have cost me almost 20k to get...

Last Last, with my budget, I can't be too finicky...This car just costs a little above my TV grin..all I seek right now is that the car is legit and runs peacefully.......and so far, I think the odds are in my favor

11 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by gbolio4(m): 5:48am On Sep 23, 2019
Sellfish:

Sir, having searched for months in my area, this is the cheapest Honda bullet with a 1st body and acceptably working components ....Going to Abuja, Kano or Kaduna o buy a presumably cheaper one with a difference of 50k does not appeal to me ....it's not like I have seen a 200k Functional Honda Bullet tho...and I have searched both on this forum and all over my state.

Other things being equal, I will pick up the car today and update this thread smiley

Besides the seller is giving the car away with a brand new battery...Battery that may have cost me almost 20k to get...

Last Last, with my budget, I can't be too finicky...This car just costs a little above my TV grin..all I seek right now is that the car runs peacefully....

Lucky dude you are!

Really crazy what you disclosed about the conniving mechanic up there though, after collecting 10kilo service fee. I am shocked
People are bastards mehhn

11 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 6:02am On Sep 23, 2019
gbolio4:

Lucky dude you are!

Really crazy what you disclosed about the conniving mechanic up there though, after collecting 10kilo service fee. I am shocked

I tell you Bro...The monkey wanted to send me into Hell for just 20k cheesy

Since this is my 1st car, I have no mechanic I can trust for inspection in my area...but I suppose the mechanic who has been servicing my friend's car for 5 years is doing a nice Job...so I will just drive there and do servicing, do some nozzle cleaning, and check the ball joints and then drive from my Base to Kaduna to do a more vigorous testing of my Jalopy.. grin

So I will just trust my eyes, take the dive and hope for the best[quote][/quote]

When I have enough funds for a good car, I will just pay Gazzuzz for purchase, registration and delivery grin

For now tho, I am playing Baba ijebu grin

4 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by DelTel(m): 6:32am On Sep 23, 2019
gbolio4:

Lucky dude you are!

We have been facing them since 1900.
I vividly remember one I refused to give a dime in 2013, the lady called me after few days that the mechanic's verdict was: beautiful clean title Matrix 2003 is okay but will be "speeding too much" for a lady grin (Matrix XRS with iron block not the usual black plastic).

I had sold the car before she spoke with someone else who told her the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by LeJeun3: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2019
Larwin:

He will drive the car to Paris and back .....

5 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2019
LeJeun3:

grin

40km was enough for me to make my decision tho....

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by diportivo: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2019
LeJeun3:

no

all the way to Australia

that's the only way to be sure......

240k honda bulldog oh grin

op,buy.....

4 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2019
Sellfish:
The car is a Honda Bullet

First body..

From my test drive, engine and transmission are ok...engine does not smoke

A.C. isn't functional

One of the backlights has a small break

Electric windows are working...but I noticed the speedometer isn't

No spare tyre or jack..

Pls find attached pictures of the said car....Yoir comments And advice are really welcome

Work plenty wey you go do for the body, complete bodywork overhauling + attempt to fix AC......

The above alone go chop almost 200K.........

120K is a better offer, no mind all this demeanours been sellfish, encouraging you to buy at that price..... When yawa gas, nah u head e go end......

They are all selfish with honest advice.....
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 11:28am On Sep 23, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Work plenty wey you go do for the body, complete bodywork overhauling + attempt to fix AC......

The above alone go chop almost 200K.........

120K is a better offer, no mind all this demeanours been sellfish, encouraging you to buy at that price..... When yawa gas, nah u head e go end......

They are all selfish with honest advice.....

Lol...Your own no good o grin...120k?...how much is the car's working engine and gearbox alone? cheesy ...Your Ijebu is plenty Sir shocked

The car interior is ok...just a good wash will bring up to speed...Body has no major dents...35k will get me a nice paint Job..nice enough for that kind of car..i can't come and be doing 100k paint job for an old Honda na grin

I just took delivery of the car sef...still doing minor servicing....will upload pictures after today

6 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2019
Sellfish:

Lol...Your own no good o grin...120k?...how much is the car's working engine and gearbox alone? cheesy ...Your Ijebu is plenty Sir shocked

The car interior is ok...just a good wash will bring up to speed...Body has no major dents...35k will get me a nice paint Job..nice enough for that kind of car..i can't come and be doing 100k paint job for an old Honda na grin

I just took delivery of the car sef...still doing minor servicing....will upload pictures after today

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by decub: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2019
Without knowing the owner, I think he is somewhat honest; and used the car with utmost care/maintenance. It's a fair deal.

We are talking of 240k here sand even if you end up spending 200k on minor fixes, it's still a win win for you.
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hope after few months, wetin u go don fix 4 the car no go do you 2 buy Belgium tiny light.

No carry ur hand but wetin go kill u.
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by diportivo: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
RyanD147:
Hope after few months, wetin u go don fix 4 the car no go do you 2 buy Belgium tiny light.

No carry ur hand but wetin go kill u.

which one is Belgium tiny light again ntori olorun undecided

cars dey sha
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by thebigkendo(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dru23 please come & advice this new car owner on the correct oil to use grin
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:
Dru23 please come & advice this new car owner on the correct oil to use grin

This is very important we need his legal wealth of experience

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

This is very important we need his legal wealth of experience

I don't know o. But I just bought this 2010 Corolla for my Nigeria client.... The car runs perfect with no issues at all .. I bought the car from a private owner, non accidental, non auction, non tamper mileage.. What engine oil should I advice the new owner ....The most popular engine oil of 20w50 , which is highly recommended by highly trained and acclaim International Nigerian Mechanics on Nairaland and street corners.. Or should I just follow owners manual ?

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
I dey wait for the followers of 20w50.... Make I know which side I go throw wetin I want throw.. Maybe na for ground I go put wetin I want throw

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
There’s a Camry called tiny lights. Then add am Belgium(dts 2nd Hand or foreign use)
diportivo:

which one is Belgium tiny light again ntori olorun undecided

cars dey sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent / Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.