Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home (17474 Views)

INEC Bars Journalists From Covering Collation Of Adamawa Governorship Rerun Resu / N500b COVID-19 Fund: Senate Bars Journalists From Nat. Assembly(Photos) / Atiku In Asaba: DSS Bars Journalists From Covering His Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Emelcee: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
Following conflicting reports and alleged misrepresentations in the media, Senator Godswill Akpabio on Sunday restricted some journalists from accessing his home in Ukana Ikot Ntuen in Essien Udim LGA.

Akpabio was billed to meet with aspirants seeking offices under the All Progressive Congress platform.

About 6 reporters were not allowed entry into the premises as the security men insisted that they were not on the list of those invited.

Before now, reporters had free access into the premises especially after the senator's defection from the PDP to APC.

An inside source disclosed that the former senate minority leader is unhappy about the media reports and the crises it is capable of igniting, thus instructing that journalists be restricted from the compound.

The PUNCH newspaper reported recently that Senator Akpabio "said he regretted imposing Mr Udom Emmanuel as the Akwa Ibom State Governor on the people of the state.

He added that all hands must be on deck for the mistake to be corrected.

'Udom (Emmanuel) is a mistake that must be corrected in 2019. All hands must be on the deck to ensure the mistake is corrected for a people-oriented leadership under the ruling All Progressives Congress at the centre.

'I want to thank you for defying the rain to honour me as your leader and troop out in this multitude even at a very short notice. It goes to show the level of love and confidence you have in me as your leader and I promise to also reward you for your time and energy in this all-important project,' he said."

Senator Akpabio through his media assistant denied making such statements.

"We state categorically that such assertion never came from Senator Akpabio.

Senator Akpabio knows that power comes from God and therefore cannot say it was a mistake for God to make a Governor out of Deacon Udom Emmanuel in 2015". The statement read.

Source
AKPABIO BARS JOURNALISTS, REPORTERS FROM HIS HOME http://akwaibomdaily.com.ng/akpabio-bars-journalists-reporters-from-his-home/

1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by saintjimos(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
THINGS FALL APART

KARMA IS REAL

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by babyfaceafrica: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
nice one
Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Racoon(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
This have not changed the fact that Akpabio have lied & have joined the band of liars.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by bazzyblings: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
shocked
Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Houseofglam7(f): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nonsense undecided

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by id4sho(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
a wounded Lion

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Olukat(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
He was so loved by his people shocked shocked shocked
Akpabio is a political super star in the SS.
I doubt if any Gov during his time can measure up to him in terms of infrastructure etc.
Yes, some may argue he left a huge debt at the end of his tenure but people can point to where such monies went
and if still in doubt, current research have shown Akwa Ibom have taken the shine off Cross Rivers state in recent times due to such development.
So many states are paying huge debts of the past without any tangible project to show for it.
However, Gov. Udom Emmanuel is doing a great job and I doubt if Akwa Ibomites would want to halt such progress in 2019.
I hope they will find a way around it and place the people of that state first.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by etebefia: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
I feel there's more to akpabio's defection to APC.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by christejames(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Their tyrannical tendencies is beginning to manifest.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Kingspin(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Why allow Buhari APC deceive you the second time?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by tabisegroup(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Oh my state.!
I weep for the useless n stupid youths that will be allowing themselves used to carry guns for those selfish politicians all over the place while their children are in world class universities and NNPC, federal work dey wait them

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Nopeace4dwicked: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
APC threatened Akpabio wit EFCC into all did mess

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by EDIWIZZY(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
oh my former governor who has bewitch you like this. #ntua

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by weyreypey: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
EDIWIZZY:
oh my former governor who has bewitch you like this. #ntua
Akpabio has carried ants infested wood home.... lizards must follow him

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by MartinCorridon: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
This guy is powerful in the state.

Despite his embezzlement well acknowledged, the residents i spoke with still rated him one of the best ever Governors the state has ever had

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by chrisxxx(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
Akpabio tired of singing. At your age and with your knowledge of international politics you do not know that anything to refer to or associate with Hitler is a no-no.
Israel and America have taken cognizance of your Warsaw comments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by vjohnson: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Wise anang man man . they are very intelligent but with strong heart don't joke with an anang man Else......

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Samanza89: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Even APC in the state have bluntly refuse to associate with him wholly. Akpabio is partially dead believe me, 2019 will prove it to everyone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Maket: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
He is discussing with the GOVERNOR on how to go about the PLANNED massive DECAMPING to APC. He doesn't want journalist to put water for garrison na.

For APC to have the governor and Akpabio is directly proportional to PDP crying EWO.
Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Omeokachie: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
Afraid of mis-yearning again

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by ipobarecriminals: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
cool very Good.Kip off all pd PIGS far away from ur VIcinity
Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Olukat(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Samanza89:
Even APC in the state have bluntly refuse to associate with him wholly. Akpabio is partially dead believe me, 2019 will prove it to everyone.

Yes he made a wrong move to protect what is beyond our eyes shocked shocked shocked
But nobody would want his type of politics dead not even Gov. Emmanuel would wish him that shocked shocked
Akwa Ibom has been a peaceful state when it comes to politics compared to Rivers and other Niger Delta states.
Sen. Akpabio administration was one of the success stories of the region
I doubt if the Sen. Akpabio we know will want to behave like his former counterpart in Rivers state.
Sen. Akpabio cannot destroy what he has built over the years, he's smarter than that shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Krafty006: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
issa political..............say no to Chinese Gucci and sri Lanka Prada, order for quality handmade shoes and sandals 08181663616
Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Emelcee: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ok

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Chinwendu07: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Apkabio is beginning to denounce his statements one after the other. I can't wait to see him lose his Senate seat soon

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by Kobicove(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
Na dem sabi
Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by AllTheWayUp: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
Senator Akpabio through his media assistant denied making such statements.
"We state categorically that such assertion never came from Senator Akpabio.
Senator Akpabio knows that power comes from God and therefore cannot say it was a mistake for God to make a Governor out of Deacon Udom Emmanuel in 2015".
grin grin grin

Fear dey catch Akpabio

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by wyqay: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
you never see anything

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by ayaside(m): 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
MartinCorridon:
This guy is powerful in the state.

Despite his embezzlement well acknowledged, the residents i spoke with still rated him one of the best ever Governors the state has ever had

How many governors have Akwa Ibom had?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Bars Journalists, Reporters From His Home by MartinCorridon: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
ayaside:

How many governors have Akwa Ibom had?

Find "X" yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngige: Umahi Didn’t Invite Us To Defection Rally / 2023: Dankwambo, Wike, Fayose Move To Woo Goje Back To PDP / APC Postpones Screening Of Presidential Aspirants Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.