Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? (1491 Views)

Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? / What Are Your Plans For Easter? / What Are Your Plans For Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by misright(f): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2007
The celebration of Easter is this Sunday-what are your plans?!
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by cuteass1(f): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2007
Well i was planning on eating out (in some fine restaurant), either with friends or family (haven't decided which group to dine with lol) cheesy

further plans yet to be made wink
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2007
Go to church,after that roast me some good stuffed chicken and eat it with rice and stew and plantain.
Inviting a few friends over.
Watch some funny naija movies.

Have a happy Easter everyone!!
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by ricadelide(m): 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2007
Sincerely, i am wondering why the same 'misright' who does not believe in Christ - considering your other tread- would be asking us about easter?
Is there something i dont know?
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by busygirl(f): 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2007
[/quote][quote author=ricadelide link=topic=46896.msg1011014#msg1011014 date=1175547054]
Sincerely, i am wondering why the same 'misright' who does not believe in Christ - considering your other tread- would be asking us about easter?
Is there something i don't know?
also wondering
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by babs787(m): 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2007
Questions for you all

1. Was Easter celebrated in the bible? Because we all know that the bible was written after the demise of Jesus.

2. Is there any relationship between Easter and Passover?

3. What day was Jesus Christ tied to a stake or crucified?

4. what day did he rise?

One of the things to know a true prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesies, it will surely come to pass (fulfilled)

5. Did Jesus fulfill the three days and three nights prophecy of Jonah.

grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by remedies4a(m): 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2007
As for me, i will go to church, appreciate God for sending His only son to come and die for my sins. And after church, i'll visit some friends and share the word of God together with them, or will go for concert/worship gathering.
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 04, 2007
babs787:

Questions for you all

1. Was Easter celebrated in the bible? Because we all know that the bible was written after the demise of Jesus.

2. Is there any relationship between Easter and Passover?

3. What day was Jesus Christ tied to a stake or crucified?

4. what day did he rise?

One of the things to know a true prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesies, it will surely come to pass (fulfilled)

5. Did Jesus fulfill the three days and three nights prophecy of Jonah.

grin grin grin

Now you are being plain stupid!!
Why don't you ferret your "knowledge" in your many threads?
You should be busy finding out why your brothers killed an innocent woman in Gombe and why they are now burning Churches rather than jump around like someone stung in his genitals by a bee.
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by babs787(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2007
@babyshit

grin grin grin grin

Are you frustrated. You have just started, I thought the madness in you has reduced but I can see that it has just started, so continue backing. I thought you have been saying that you are the most tolerant, it has really shown on nairaland that you are indeed the most tolerant. You can never argue/debate any issue without resorting to abuse. It has been known to be your trade mark, so go on, put it in your pipe and smoke the hell, I dont give a damn. I could remember weeks ago when backslider accused the Quran of containing contradiction, I explained and re-explained to him yet, I didnt use any abusive word on him neither did I call him any name for asking the same question over and over again, but here you fool, will always resort to abuse whenever you have nothing to say. Why dont you say you have no answers to my questions rather than acting like one being possessed.

If not that you just want to be mischievous, I have provided verses for you going against killing, I registered my condolence, likewise all muslims and what again do you want? I have told you that Islam does not support taking of another person's life yet you are not satisfied, acting foolishly.

How many muslims have said and shown their displeasure to the killings yet you went mad re-bringing the whole issue. Muslims have been telling you that Allah doesnt support taking of another's soul, but it seems something has blocked your ear, you will never listen to whatever you are being told.

I have said something on the killing, so also Mukina, Drixie, abdkabir, etc, what have you said to each and everyone of them's post despite the fact that they have condemned the act? You rather resorted to being stupid despite the fact that all muslims here condenmed the killing.

It has been noted that no matter what you are being told, you will never listen, you are entitled to your opinion. No muslims supported the act and Allah does not support the act too.

So, you are free again to say whatever you feel like saying, its a free world.

I know you will always come back like a roaring lion
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2007
Anyone reading any of my contributions on nairaland and reading yours knows exactly who the uncouth one is of us two.
Muslims are known the world over for their intolerance,quicktemperedness and swiftness with the machete.
I don't expect any thing less from you.
Now that you have"asked your questions",kindly move on and open a thread on it so as not to derail this one.
I said you were being plain stupid and you call it an abuse,what else can I use to describe you for I have run out of words.
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by babs787(m): 10:24am On Apr 05, 2007
@babyosis,

babyosisi:

Anyone reading any of my contributions on nairaland and reading yours knows exactly who the uncouth one is of us two.
Muslims are known the world over for their intolerance,quicktemperedness and swiftness with the machete.
I don't expect any thing less from you.
Now that you have"asked your questions",kindly move on and open a thread on it so as not to derail this one.
I said you were being plain stupid and you call it an abuse,what else can I use to describe you for I have run out of words.

I dont know if being stupid meant anything different from what it is known for. You are right, let nairalanders be the judge and tell who has been really uncouth.

I have known you right from the time of Olabowale, Neoteny etc, I
I read how they have been explaining issues to you yet you have been acting foolishly, “ferreting” lies from the internet but never wait to answer issues that pertain to Christianity. You are claiming to be the most tolerant, go over all posts and be bringing out from same where I have been insultive without you starting it.

I noticed that you cant put up any debate without resorting to abuse, name calling etc, yet you are claiming to be the most tolerant. Read my posts to backslider, stimulus, buluti, tayod (who I have known right from the time of my big brother olabowale) etc. Apart from that, I apologized in shahan’s thread (who I respect so much) because it cost me nothing to apologise to people that I might have wronged in one way or the other but noticed that you of all people has made it your habit to be abusive and I for one, I don’t fancy a situation where a person will insult me today and praise me tomorrow, or you praise me privately and condemn me publicly. Its either you continue insulting me or do it the other way round.

How many times has Olabowale, neoteny, belloti, mukina, etc provided you detailed explanation, yet you seemed not satisfied but continued making a roundabout argument. I have given you verses going against killing yet you keep pretending as if you have not been provided same. I am muslim and will always be one, it is nowhere in the Quran where muslims are being told to be killing Christians etc, so if you don’t accept, that’s your problem. Aren’t we having muslims in the southern part of Nigeria. Are all Northerners aggressive? There is a difference between knowledge and understanding. You may know the bible very well yet lack the understanding, so also is the Quran, knowing the verses from the beginning to the end does not qualify you to be a true muslim but the understanding and the application of the verses differentiate you from the rest. So am signing out, you are free to say whatever you feel like after my post, its a free world.
Re: What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2007
How many times has Olabowale, neoteny, belloti, mukina, etc provided you detailed explanation, yet you seemed not satisfied but continued making a roundabout argument

no time,I've only gotten the usual Islamic taquiyyah
Neoteny was the one who threatened to blow us up and praised Osama as his Islamic hero.
Mukina usually gives no explanations,she doesn't even believe some of your hard core Islamic teachings like wife beating and polygamy,she holds none of your Islamic hatred and wouldn't hurt a fly.
Bellotti speaks through both sides of his lips,I would not trust him or believe what he says,he advocates killing of apostates,he is no different from the Gombe killers.
Olabowole,I love,he is a good man.
back to the topic.

(1) (Reply)

A Treatise On Faith And The Word Of Faith / Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.