Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" (40018 Views)

Cast Dem!! / 'messi Na Just Ordinary Goat Wey Dem Suppose Use Do 'asun' - See Hilarious React / Music : Emzzydnty - "Dey Go Hear Us" Ft Peterside, Padre & Source V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by AreaFada2: 3:05am On Aug 23, 2018
FYTnRUN:
This is the physics expression grin you forget to drop the formula too..

I wonder o. He's a poor version of Isaac Newton. grin grin cheesy cheesy

Let me help him out.

Nd = R x U (Pidgin).

To = G x U (English).
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by Pacesetter123(m): 3:38am On Aug 23, 2018
Almunjid:

C the way this one dey interpret am with seriousness as if na the word of God. Lol

Jobless and lazy Nigeria youths!
kikikikikikikikikikikiiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by Pacesetter123(m): 3:44am On Aug 23, 2018
Opistorincos:
Beautiful ladies are the ones converging all around us
Orrhh!Converging lens!
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by chimex38: 4:28am On Aug 23, 2018
Transliteration Vs Translation
Na them they rush us can mean two things even in the vanacular form it is being used. E.g as a Noun
(1)
Mum: Tobi, why u forget ur school bag?
Tobi: Na them dey rush us for school sey make we go house when I bin dey play ball for field.

(2)..As a Verb.
mum: Tobi, u know sey we no get much customers, so when you get chance from the typing business today, distribute the flyers, mount the billboard and display the barners where them suppose be.. u hear?
Tobi: Yes ma'am.
mum: Why u no do as I tell u for morning?
Tobi: I bin no get time, na customers Oo, na them they rush u now

In view of the above,
Transliteration is simply to find that single English wordings that would fit into this two scenario
Translation will involve to choose any of the two(2) scenarios above and find the most suitable English wordings that perfectly or closely represents each of them.

One will therefore, end up with 1 transliteration and 2 translation.

My Interpretations goes thus:
Transliteration: They are the ones rushing us
Or It is they that rush us

Translation: They are the ones persistently coming at us..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by Uchbebe46(m): 5:30am On Aug 23, 2018
I ma shi ha rushiga anyi.......imo people kwenu!!
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by bennymark(m): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2018
FYTnRUN:
I think since the main word is rush, ten it should change when translated..

I don't know, but the rush na rush jor, it's just the context that changes. Imaging it was a word like banana, e no fit change
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by dasphinx1(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2018
'They cometh unto us' grin

1 Like

Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by seangy4konji: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2018
GBA

Dam dem deh rush us ooo.no let naybodyvweh no deh when u deh work rush in and chop ur money ooo..a won team glutton.team make up,no wan work but wan go shopping.awon omo village enter lagos wan Bleep enter vgc.

Few will make itt and a lot will be user for ritual killings.that one is confirmed..

95 percent of Nigerian ladies now are hoes...

Confirmed .

Starting from age 12-70.
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by savageee(f): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2018
Obinoscopy:
The transliteration will be: "It is they rush us"

While it's English translation is: "They are the ones interested in us" wink cheesy

I wonder how the transliteration will sound in vernacular.
let me try, we are being hasten my them
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by Abmalcom(m): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2018
They flock around us
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by Blamtom(f): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2018
Na sure game they rush us o

Cheek my signature grin
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by boyjo: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2018
Admin401:
They are fawning over us.

-Handsome guys like us, we don`t go after women; they come after us...

-Handsome guys like us, we don`t go after women; they fawn us...

-Handsome guys like us, we don`t go after women; they come after us,, they fawn us...

You good man *thumbs up*

FYTnRUN oya, pick one grin
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by Mrmrpee(m): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2018
They keep coming for us
Re: Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" by 1759King: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
Op do you really know the meaning of the word TRANSLITERATION?

FYTnRUN:
Today I was listening to a radio station in warri, and they had a call-in program for callers to transliterate the "na dem dey rush us" statement into its English construct, and I realised after the phone-ins ended, the presenter finally gave the answer to his own question and among all other funny and wrong answers from callers, he was also wrong.

I'm guessing its a Warri thing grin .. So in a bid to enjoy the funny responses and knowing the transliteration to the context which the "na dem dey rush us" was made, what are the appropriate statements that can be used to convey it in English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StUYA2ybYGM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Continue With The Chain. / Continue the story ... / Who Will Be The First To Fall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.