Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

I Have No Issue With MI - Former Chocolate City Artiste, Koker - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Have No Issue With MI - Former Chocolate City Artiste, Koker (410 Views)

Eniafe Momodu Pictured With MI Abaga. He Reacts (photo) / "God Forbid" - Kiss Daniel Rejects Chocolate City As Fans Advise Him To Run / M.I. Vs Nas: 'we Must Get Our Money Back’ - Chocolate City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Issue With MI - Former Chocolate City Artiste, Koker by damiloladuke: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Hip hop artiste, Olayiwola Kokumo, otherwise known as Koker, has cleared the air on why he terminated his recording contract with the rapper MI Abaga-led Chocolate City label.

When it was reported recently that the musician was no longer tied to the record label, it generated mixed reactions from the public; with some saying he had personality issues with MI, while others felt he was not given much attention during his four-year stay.

In an interview with The Punch, however, Koker, through his manager, Ibrahim Bello, stated that he had a very cordial relationship with MI.

He said:

“We have a very cordial relationship. When it’s time for business we work and vice versa. We have had a lot of performances together and if you look at MI, he’s on an entirely different lane. He is the leader of the team and all he does is discover, breed talents and give them the best possible exposure he could.”

Speaking on the alleged lack of attention by the label, Koker said:

“Everyone was given at least a decent level of presence on the scene. I had solid hits back to back, which supported the efforts of the label and I knew the importance of needing to prioritise and lending my strength to the label.”

The artiste stressed that he still had a very solid relationship with the label, because the resolution reached at the end of the contract was for both parties to remain as a family.

He added that his first song, Daddy, produced after leaving his former label, was attracting a lot of attention.

https://lailasnews.com/i-have-no-issue-with-mi-former-chocolate-city-artiste-koker/

lalasticlala

Re: I Have No Issue With MI - Former Chocolate City Artiste, Koker by princechurchill(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2018
This unknown artist said he had his hits back to back,therefore brethren i don't know this guy

Please help me ask him if it was burial songs he released back to back
Re: I Have No Issue With MI - Former Chocolate City Artiste, Koker by itspzpics(m): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
N is dt koker

(1) (Reply)

'it's A Sin To Be A Woman In Africa ' Tiwa Savage Breaks Down / The Iconic Empress Beauty Pageant Is Officially Live / Michael Jackson Is Earning More In Death Than In Life – See How Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.