Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University (1217 Views)

Sexual Harassment: Slay Queens Struggle To Grab A Musician's 'Cassava' On Stage / How A Girl Wanted To Kill Me With Sexual Enjoyment / My Experiences With Sexual Enhancements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by hergists(f): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2018
Today, I want to share my story of sexual assault in the university.

Sexual harassment in the university is whose fault? Is it the fault of the parents, lecturers, society or the victims?

I grew up in a religious home, one that shuns any form of sexual interactions before marriage. I remember my mother saying to me:

“Your husband will respect you forever if you remain a virgin till your marriage night”.

As expected, I took that to heart, and it became one of my future goals.

At 19, I had a male friend who occasionally visits my school. He came around and gave me a call.

So, I rushed out to meet a friend I had missed dearly in my over-sized clothes. Only that he changed plans and we had to meet at his friend’s house.

We had exciting conversations until the sexual urge sets in. He unzips his trousers and gets his penis out.

It was my first time seeing a man’s penis. We stare at ourselves for what feels like a long time.

Realizing nothing would happen, he puts back his “property” inside the trousers.

At 21, I was a mature lady with lots of guys hovering around me. It felt so damn good. I was still a virgin.

One day, I set out to a professional class I was taking. I got a call from an old friend who had traveled down to my town. He wanted us to hang out. “Sure, why not?” I said eagerly.

After lectures, I met with him (my old friend), we had snacks, and I got pizza to go.

On my way home, and very unfortunately, my mum called and decided to come pick me up. She showed up, I stepped into the car with no worries, and that’s where it all started.

“Where did you get the pizza?”

“You have started sleeping around.”

“Let’s go for Virginity test.”

She went from zero to 100 in a minute. I was mortified!

With confidence, I agreed to go for the virginity test which made her realize I had no skeletons in my cupboard.

At 22, I made the conscious efforts to prove to my parents how matured and grown I was. I had sex. I developed all the curvy parts I never envisioned and the sexual advances from the opposite sex multiplied.

Is this a blessing or a curse? A blessing of course!

In my third year in the university, my course supervisor invited me into his office. I was dressed in a tight shirt and a pair of jeans that accentuated my curves as usual.

It all started as an educative session, and then conversation swerved uncomfortably.

He starts moving closer to me. “What shall I do?” says my mind, panicking.

The man’s erection wilts despite his distraught efforts. He moved closer, started rubbing my hair and staring at my breasts.

“This isn’t right sir.”

I finally dared to speak up. He just kept telling me how we humans determine what’s right and wrong and how well things would go for me if I agree to sleep with him.

I played him and found my way out of his office.

I don’t know a single person, no matter how cruel the harassment or the assault, who doesn’t feel some of that guilt and shame and wonders:

“Could I have done something differently? Perhaps it was my fault?”

When I saw that, I felt the beginning of what would be months of grief.

It was my first realization that the academic system, that I thought was so meritorious, that I wanted to spend my life within was deeply unfair.

I wouldn’t receive any justice, and he could go on and harass other women.

Frustrated and upset, I stopped attending his classes. Through hard work, I graduated as a distinctive student from his course.

Now admittedly, I am in the safety of a middle-class world where women are taken seriously.

Sexual harassment is insidiously destroying lives, redesigning careers, and switching the status quo that seriously needs to change if we are to progress as an efficient society.
Nothing will change if we pretend we live in that dream world already when in reality we have a long way to go.

Unfortunately, it’s not so easy to forget about the real and tragic effects of sexual harassment because most of the time, the victims remain silent.

I never kept my experiences to myself alone. I shared them with trustworthy and matured people around me. And that went a long way in aiding my healing process.

If you’re going through any form of sexual harassment in the university, at work, or even in your community, please speak out. Share your encounter with someone and stay sane.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by hergists(f): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by weyreypey: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2018
cool if it gets to front-page I'd comment
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by Wilfredpat22(f): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2018
We women are the ones to determine if the man gets our cookie or not

But again 100% of us use our poosie to survive and pay our bills.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by planetx13: 11:28am On Aug 23, 2018
A
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by djjosh(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2018
Sexual harassment is bad, as a guy, i have been sexually harassed too..i wanted to get a lawyer but couldn't find a good one. Lol.
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
hergists:
Today, I want to share my story of sexual assault in the university.

Sexual harassment in the university is whose fault? Is it the fault of the parents, lecturers, society or the victims?

I grew up in a religious home, one that shuns any form of sexual interactions before marriage. I remember my mother saying to me:

“Your husband will respect you forever if you remain a virgin till your marriage night”.

As expected, I took that to heart, and it became one of my future goals.

At 19, I had a male friend who occasionally visits my school. He came around and gave me a call.

So, I rushed out to meet a friend I had missed dearly in my over-sized clothes. Only that he changed plans and we had to meet at his friend’s house.

We had exciting conversations until the sexual urge sets in. He unzips his trousers and gets his penis out.

It was my first time seeing a man’s penis. We stare at ourselves for what feels like a long time.

Realizing nothing would happen, he puts back his “property” inside the trousers.

At 21, I was a mature lady with lots of guys hovering around me. It felt so damn good. I was still a virgin.

One day, I set out to a professional class I was taking. I got a call from an old friend who had traveled down to my town. He wanted us to hang out. “Sure, why not?” I said eagerly.

After lectures, I met with him (my old friend), we had snacks, and I got pizza to go.

On my way home, and very unfortunately, my mum called and decided to come pick me up. She showed up, I stepped into the car with no worries, and that’s where it all started.

“Where did you get the pizza?”

“You have started sleeping around.”

“Let’s go for Virginity test.”

She went from zero to 100 in a minute. I was mortified!

With confidence, I agreed to go for the virginity test which made her realize I had no skeletons in my cupboard.

At 22, I made the conscious efforts to prove to my parents how matured and grown I was. I had sex. I developed all the curvy parts I never envisioned and the sexual advances from the opposite sex multiplied.

Is this a blessing or a curse? A blessing of course!

In my third year in the university, my course supervisor invited me into his office. I was dressed in a tight shirt and a pair of jeans that accentuated my curves as usual.

It all started as an educative session, and then conversation swerved uncomfortably.

He starts moving closer to me. “What shall I do?” says my mind, panicking.

The man’s erection wilts despite his distraught efforts. He moved closer, started rubbing my hair and staring at my breasts.

“This isn’t right sir.”

I finally dared to speak up. He just kept telling me how we humans determine what’s right and wrong and how well things would go for me if I agree to sleep with him.

I played him and found my way out of his office.

I don’t know a single person, no matter how cruel the harassment or the assault, who doesn’t feel some of that guilt and shame and wonders:

“Could I have done something differently? Perhaps it was my fault?”

When I saw that, I felt the beginning of what would be months of grief.

It was my first realization that the academic system, that I thought was so meritorious, that I wanted to spend my life within was deeply unfair.

I wouldn’t receive any justice, and he could go on and harass other women.

Frustrated and upset, I stopped attending his classes. Through hard work, I graduated as a distinctive student from his course.

Now admittedly, I am in the safety of a middle-class world where women are taken seriously.

Sexual harassment is insidiously destroying lives, redesigning careers, and switching the status quo that seriously needs to change if we are to progress as an efficient society.
Nothing will change if we pretend we live in that dream world already when in reality we have a long way to go.

Unfortunately, it’s not so easy to forget about the real and tragic effects of sexual harassment because most of the time, the victims remain silent.

I never kept my experiences to myself alone. I shared them with trustworthy and matured people around me. And that went a long way in aiding my healing process.

If you’re going through any form of sexual harassment in the university, at work, or even in your community, please speak out. Share your encounter with someone and stay sane.

How come the story has changed now. You were the one saying how your boyfriend raped you against your wish? Now you are singing another song of how you willingly gave it out at 22 years. You must be a very confused person in reality.
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by hergists(f): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
FrancisDozie:

How come the story has changed now. You were the one saying how your boyfriend raped you against your wish? Now you are singing another song of how you willingly gave it out at 22 years. You must be a very confused person in reality.

Chill a bit.

This is not my personal story. Take your time to read the story and the source of the story. It's a true life story shared with the editors of Hergists.com.

All we're trying to do is create awareness and give a voice to the voiceless especially the oppressed women in the society.

This is a business NL account not a personal account. Thank you for understanding.
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by Clinicaid(m): 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
Unfortunately, this is the world we live in.
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by Fourwinds: 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
We women are the ones to determine if the man gets our cookie or not

But again 100% of us use our poosie to survive and pay our bills.
always saying the truth...you are blessed
Re: My Experience With Sexual Harassment In The University by prettysassygirl(f): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
This is no longer the age of sexual harassment from offices or lecturers when u have the internet to use and disgrace such a person or ruin his/ her career. It was before that defaulters could do it and get away with it,no more, except the people being molested are dummies.

(1) (Reply)

The Top Ten Hottest Female Musicians In Nigeria / How Do I Ask My Best Friend Out On A Date (no Abuses Please) / I Wasted 6 Years On This Bastard Only For Me To See His Wedding IV On IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.