Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. (43106 Views)

Iheanacho, Ezeh, Obasi And Baba With Nigerian U13 In 2010 (Pic) / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by mykali(m): 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^wtf??
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by LordReed(m): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
Wat fukin eagle?? n are u blind? d ball has black on it too. Sheeesh!!!
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by vescucci(m): 1:34am On Jul 01, 2010
And I thought I had seen every thing
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by koffiefrat: 3:36am On Jul 01, 2010
ok im from South Africa( currently living in Canada), and i can honestly say im not surprised by the supposed meaning behind the logo. The whites in South Africa right now are danger, as soon as Mandela dies the Cafers will go on a rampage!!

One of the operations planned entails 70,000 armed black men "being transported to the Johannesburg city center within an hour" in taxicabs to attack whites.

The plans are variously dubbed "Operation Vula," "Night of the Long Knives," "Operation White Clean-up," "Operation Iron Eagle" and "Red October campaign."

Operation "Our Rainy Day" was to be carried out after the death of Nelson Mandela and would have entailed blacks being transported to the largest cities in taxis.

go on Youtube and search "kill the boer" blacks singing about killing the whites
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by Kgdavid(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
koffiefrat:

ok im from South Africa( currently living in Canada), and i can honestly say im not surprised by the supposed meaning behind the logo. The whites in South Africa right now are danger, as soon as Mandela dies the Cafers will go on a rampage!!

One of the operations planned entails 70,000 armed black men "being transported to the Johannesburg city center within an hour" in taxicabs to attack whites.

The plans are variously dubbed "Operation Vula," "Night of the Long Knives," "Operation White Clean-up," "Operation Iron Eagle" and "Red October campaign."

Operation "Our Rainy Day" was to be carried out after the death of Nelson Mandela and would have entailed blacks being transported to the largest cities in taxis.

go on Youtube and search "kill the boer" blacks singing about killing the whites

where did you get this info? from youtube?
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by Jhornet: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
btw way people the eagle is not the ball the person is kicking the ball he is kicking is right above his fucking body and he is doing a kick called the bycicle kick the eagle is there because it stands as a sign of war because when the teams are on the field they are fighting for their countries so quuit calling africa rasict this is all total bull shit angry angry angry angry
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by Lostboys23: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2010
Ok, I think this is fucking stupid, the guy is obviously trying to kick that soccer ball, if you were to look at the reach of his kick, he wouldn't even be able to touch that eagle. So what the hell are you all tripping out about? And if this was all true, why does it come as such a surprise that black people hate crackers? I don't know, slavery? Or just plain ignorance of an entire culture and race? This shit is ridiculous, am I the only one that sees that?
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by PGrayson: 5:43am On Jul 04, 2010
Holy crap! The "black" man is representing [/i]all[i] humans. It's a silhouette/a shadow, merely implying that all people are equal- ergo; as they all cast a shadow.

The "eagle" as everyone is calling it. Is in fact this years incredibly [/i]modern[i] logo for the world cup. It show a man/woman (human) holding up the world. [I am talking about the picture within the blue ball]. I know this for a fact seeing as I'm studying advertisements in my Photography AND Art classes. This image has come up more than once- and we've discussed the logo.

It isn't some "hidden racial message". It's a completely innocent logo that people have analysed far, far too much.

If, in fact, I'm wrong- and it is a racial message. Don't you think other authorities would have picked up on it by now, and have tried to change it? I mean, it has been all over the internet for a while now,
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by lulzatu: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2010
Are you trying to tell me that 12-16 years of international football has some racist message about whites in their logos?  Is the white guy greedy and covered with gold in 2002?  Is everyone laughing at the white guy in 2006? Is he being carried away by a giant bird, never to be seen again, in the future 2014 tournament?  White guys just can't catch a break in football!

Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by mglcrts: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
Are you talking about the logo, on the top right hand side, if it is, that's not eagle, obviously people aren't soccer fans when they see this, that's been fifa's world cup logo for a while, look that the 2006 and 2002 world cup logos, they will have that thing looking like an eagles beak, but its just the cup,

you guys are just dumb, with you messages, when there really isn't one, the dude is black because its south Africa, represents an African, and the background of different colors, showing other race, all fifa logo, have that same thing,
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by Pudding: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
UGHHH!
what flipin' EAGLE?!

compare that small "eagle-looking" logo to the logo from 2002

it's not a flipin eagle. they just used the same logo this year. they didnt collored it up cos it would be too collorish. and the white backbround is white cos it looks clearer. africa is collored cos you can mix some collors and you will get some country flags

"flip" you guys and the racism,  it drives me crazy "oooh look , he is sooo racist , he said you people","you dont like me cos i'm black?"

silly americans
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by debammy1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
house of music prod we are planning a mega show mmembers of this site are invited to join . sponsors pls call 08024208913
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
MUZBO said:

Cant see any eagle not to talk of a sad one,yet it doesn't make sense. The south Africans should be thanking the whites that they stayed that long if not this wc will not be hosted by them.

Ohh?

I hope you realise that over 90% of the stadia and hotels were constructed under black majority rule

Dumbass cretin.

I guess Nigeria has to ''thank the British for staying until 1960'' or we couldn't have hosted Nigeria '99 and Nigeria '09.

In fact some of you here are really dumb.
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by squishyrob: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
wow, i never noticed that before, im absolutely horrified. im shocked, speechless in fact. that people have waay too much time on their hands! if you want to cry racism, look what the israeli's are doing to the palestinians. why not kick THAT eagle out? if you want pictures with hidden meanings, ive got one of those magic eye books i can lend you. one of the pages looks like vomit but i swear you can see a tiny boat and lighthouse! congrats on the world cup africa, shame them germans thrashed us, it was inevitable. cry
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by shelib29: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2010
HI there i was browsing internet and this topic caught my eye.  I was reading the comments on the logo and i thought i wud leave my interpretation of what i think the logo represents,

To be honest the figure in the logo to me is a SHADOWED image of a footballer be him of white or black race is of no significance.  It shows a football in the logo but not having been kicked but the figure actually in the process of making a scissor kick to the ball. Which is a great image to use as its a spectacular style of goal scoring used mostly by world class players

I see the colours of the South African flag in the shape of the country in the background on to which the SHADOWED footballer is set .  All of which is against a white background but it couldn't be done against any other colour and still be as vibrant as it. And could the other colours on the logo not be viewed as a representation of all countries participating in the tournament?

This brings me to the "EAGLE" image at the top right hand side of the logo.  I struggled to see this "EAGLE" and had to resort to actually turning my laptop on its side and still cudn't make it out.   All I can see is the abstract design of the World Cup Trophy used in other World Cup tournament logos

I dont think there was any racist intention meant from the artist or in any part of the logo which in my view has been over analysed and extremely mis-interpreted by some narrowminded and shallow individuals who are now using this "shocking hidden racist message" discovery as a window of opportunity to bring a new angle of racist speculation,  which can be used to add more fuel and controversy to the volatile situation already in the country.

Just adding my thoughts to the subject.
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by kool05(m): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2010
unfortunately that reflection did not occur. What a pity or would you guys permit me to say SHAME.

Football Encyclopedia
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by squishyrob: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2010
oh my god, has anybody noticed the 'doodle 4 google' drawing on the google homepage? it has three silhouettes with footballs. what does this really mean? are the three figures really black men? are the balls really the decapitated heads of white men? id really like the paranoid dude that thought of this 'Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo' to have a look at this one and see what he thinks. and until he does, im not going to leave my house, im scared. mummy! shocked

Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by alicianna(f): 1:20am On Jul 27, 2010
squishyrob:

oh my god, has anybody noticed the 'doodle 4 google' drawing on the google homepage? it has three silhouettes with footballs. what does this really mean? are the three figures really black men? are the balls really the decapitated heads of white men? id really like the paranoid dude that thought of this 'Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo' to have a look at this one and see what he thinks. and until he does, im not going to leave my house, im scared. mummy! shocked
ROFLMAO!!!! Good one!

Oya poster, here's homework for you. grin grin grin grin me sef no wan leave my house until this one is decoded!!!
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by FBS: 10:32am On Jul 27, 2010
debammy1:

house of music prod we are planning a mega show mmembers of this site are invited to join . sponsors pls call 08024208913
THIS IS IT! grin grin grin
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by NinjaPaw: 12:59am On Sep 14, 2010
Guys, You are so freakin crazy! That could be a basketball!!! angry angry angry
Re: Shocking! Hidden Message In 2010 World Cup Logo. by Kgdavid(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2010
NinjaPaw:

Guys, You are so freakin crazy! That could be a basketball!!! angry angry angry

so u come on here tryin to play smart and u make a statement like that?? wat happened to think before u talk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mayweather Spends Over $3million On A New Bugatti Convertible Ahead Of His Fight / Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) / Lionel Messi Beats Ronaldo’s Record Following His Inter Miami Unveiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.