Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (22288 Views)

If You Don't Believe God Exists, Come In / This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen / If You Don't Believe God Exists, This True Life Story Will Change Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2018
I call them fortunate experiences.
Luck smiled on me. Not God!

Too many lucky breaks.
Nothing associated with any “God”.

If there was any TRUE MIRACLES, there would be NO suffering, disease or poverty anywhere in the world. Tell your “GODs” to eradicate injustice, diseases, wickedness and poverty for TRUE MIRACLES!

We are just LUCKY for now! wink

7 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by IndependentGirl: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2018
What the lord has done for me, I cannot say it all.

I just wanted to read and pass as usual but then I said what miracles has the lord done for me? None

A voice in me started replaying all the dangers I have survived, from different near accidents to robbery to gun pointed on my head to near miss gunshots to surviving once chance oh Lord I have really been so stupid, I am sorry ABBA father shekinah glory king of king, kings before king and king after kings , it’s been you all the way I have been selfish and shallow in my thoughts wanting more without appreciating all you’ve done, it can only be you Jesus

My life itself is a miracle

18 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Dalamama: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
A foolish atheist is speaking illogically once again . So you mean to tell us here ,that all hardcovers in the world ,are fireproof , abi? But what about the edges ...do they have a fireproof edge too? Would you like me to show you the bible? I can show you if you bible if you are interested.

Too much ignorance on display. Someone said our ignorance is God and what we know is science.

You need lesson on how Fire works because clearly you don't know how fire works.

1: Fire needs an accelerant (fuel, gas, oxygen, resins of a particular kind will act as an accelerant also)
2: What sort of surface was the bible placed on? Clearly it was placed on a table that is wooden and polished. This surface is not highly combustible and that is a fact. The entire table surface from the picture wasn't damaged and even the charred parts shows minimal damage from the pic you posted.
Material elements may be plastic, rubber, leather or fibre - each with its own different fire-accelerating or decelerating properties. The polished table surface has minimum fire accelerating property.
3: If the bible was placed on the rug on its side with some pages open, it will burn completely.

You see certain conditions including the rate of the fire spread, the surface on which the bible was placed, all determine whether it will burn or not.

There is no miracle involved here so move along, there is nothing to see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

If you study and know how things burn you won't be saying this nonsense. The bible has a hardcover and the pages are packed together, which makes it fireproof automatically. The pages need to be opened and separated before it can burn that is why bibles, Quran and dictionaries with hard covers survive fire incidents without damage or minimal damage.
Fool! Those Qurans' are burnt/singed ; mine wasn't enough scalded ; not even a scratch !And I have the pictures to prove it

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by elegantslayer(f): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmm,mine happened early this year on the 2nd of may,i am currently a student.I woke up from d hospital bed still unconscious,I say saw plaster on my hand which shows thats have been taking drip,a saw a pipe that is connected to my body and bag I do pass out urine,even when I regained consciousness I started acting mad, cos I started see wild animals but people with me were not seeing it.I got myself when I was back to lag,my mum then narrated to lag..She told me that my friend in school told them that when he searched for me in school and didn't see me,he tried my line and I wasn't picking up,he knew something was wrong and he decided to check up on me in d evening.... He said when he got to my place,I opened d door for him but I didn't know what I was doing cos I was naked in front of him and I was so weak,he got scared and took my people num from my phone,her called and my sis and my mum told him to go get me coconut water but before then he wore my cloth for me..He said before when he came back from where he went to get d coconut,he saw crowd and he was praying that s crowd wasn't cos of me,he said a guy approached him and asked him if he was looking for me and when he told d guy yes,d guy pointed towards a church direction and told him I was rushed der,when he got der,I was lying lifeless on d ground and d pastor wasn't even praying for me cos I wasn't a member.He had to beg on of my neighbours to assist him in carrying me back to where I stay,he asked them w
how I got outside,and two girls said they saw me walking outside my lodge but they weren't comfortable with how I was and they had to follow me,they said they tapped me and asked where I was going to and I just turned back and started following them back to where I stay,on getting der,I slumped before they rushed me to d church..OK,a guy asked them to give me d coconut water, already my upper and lower teeth has already joined together, they gave me d water and I started vomiting foam,and I went into coma.They rushed me to d hospital,d first hospital rejected me,the second one asked them to deposit 10 and when they transferred,they didn't get d alert on time...I was left for two good hours before I was attended to..This is my biggest miracle so far,cos I walked through d valley of d shadow of death,people I saw in coma couldn't even hurt me,I was in a very strange place cos everywhere was dark...I woke up from coma after 4 days...I believe in miracle o,God is a miraculous God

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Robynwelo1(f): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yep, that's an awesome miracle. fire once started in a hospital and almost all the patients died in the fire. the hospital was razed down and several properties destroyed. but all bibles and Qur'an weren't burnt so glory to God for choosing to save Bible and Qur'an rather than humans and properties. I'm sure you'd have acted like God too if you had the power

you wee not kee me grin

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

Too much ignorance on display. Someone said our ignorance is God and what we know is science.

You need lesson on how Fire works because clearly you don't know how fire works.

1: Fire needs an accelerant (fuel, gas, oxygen, resins of a particular kind will act as an accelerant also)
2: What sort surface was the bible placed on? Clearly it was placed on a table that is wooden and polished. This surface is not highly combustible and that is a fact. The entire table surface from the picture wasn't damaged and when the charred parts shows minimal damage from the pic you posted.
Material elements may be plastic, rubber, leather or fibre - each with its own different fire-accelerating or decelerating properties. The polished table surface has minimum fire accelerating property.
3: If the bible was placed on the rug on its side with some pages open, it will burn completely

You see certain conditions including the rate of the fire-spread, the surface on which the bible was placed all determine whetherit will burn or not.

There is no miracle involved here so move along, there is nothing to see.
Your foolishness did not allow see the error in what you just posted . When a fire burns , in consumes everything; especially those things whose boiling and melting points are below the temperature of the fire . But in this case , the fire consumed everything surrounding the bible; yet the bible was not scald , neither was it burnt or its pages smoked . So what could be the reason for such ? Please check the picture I posted and ask the scientist in the lab the reason for such. ..and while you're at it , give God the glory for showing you a reason why something cannot be explained by mere human banter .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by speed99: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2018
At all point, we should appreciate God. Sometimes in 2009, I went for evangelism. I approached a young lady in her shop to minister to her, but she had reddened eyes. When I inquired, she had so much tears dripping down and was itching her badly with severe pains. I held her hand and we prayed together, then admonished her. Next day, close to her shop was a bus-stop, as I made to board a bike, she called out and ran down. She said immediately I left her shop, everything ceased, without taking anything .
For the unbelievers here, you aint our enemies, but enemies to yourselves. We don't need to provide proof to you, but this is to encourage brethrens. Rationalizing issues has its limit. At some points, Faith is the currency that you need.
Thank you.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 11:12am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Fool! Those Qurans' are burnt/singed ; mine wasn't enough scalded ; not even a scratch !And I have the pictures to prove it
I don't get you what you are driving at. Are you saying if you gave me this your bible and I dumped it into the fire of those women that fry akara/yam that it won't burn at all? I am confused! undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by mailemy(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2018
I have experince too many miracles in my life. I could remember God's healing upon my life. I had done a Lab test and I was to go for treatment. But through prayers I was healed.
God Has saved me from too many accidents.
Arm robbery attack with my brothers in a car,and they stopped and shot at us at close range. But we all came out unscatterd.
God is indeed faithful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Dalamama: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Your foolishness did not allow see the error in what you just posted . When a fire burns , in consumes everything; especially those things whose boiling and melting points are below the temperature of the fire . But in this case , the fire consumed everything surrounding the bible; yet the bible was not scald , neither was it burnt or its pages smoked . So what could be the reason for such ? Please check the picture I posted and ask the scientist in the lab the reason for such. ..and while you're at it , give God the glory for showing you a reason why something cannot be explained by mere human banter .

I just explained to you but obviously, you can't comprehend anything. Even the table itself wasn't completely destroyed. That's to show you that fire was minimal. How many things were on the table and why was the damage very little? If you open the bible and light it on a rug or grass for a while it will burn completely. Many other bibles have been been completely destroyed in other inferno.

After all I've seen Muslims that use the pages of the bible to smoke weed, the pages of the bible is like wrizzler so that's what they use specifically to mould their weed and it burns. So what exactly are you saying that bible pages don't burn or what? You are a joke.

6 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2018
kevoh:

I don't get you what you are driving at. Are you saying if you gave me this your bible and I dumped it into the fire of those women that fry akara/yam that it won't burn at all? I am confused! undecided
I cannot answer foolish questions, because I am not a fool . But if you wish to have an answer, ask some fools on this thread ; they might be willing to engage you in folly .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

I just explained to you but obviously, you can't comprehend anything. Even the table itself wasn't completely destroyed. That's to show you that fire was minimal. How many things were on the table and why was the damage very little? If you open the bible and light it on a rug or grass for a while it will burn completely. Many other bibles have been been completely destroyed in other inferno.

After all I've seen Muslims that uses the pages of the bible to smoke weed, the pages of the bible is like wrizzler so that's what they use specifically to mould their weed and it burns. So what exactly are you saying that bible pages don't burn or what? You are a joke.
Wood and paper , which has a lower boiling and melting point ? The Polish surface of the table ,and the edge of the Bible( that was no scalded or burnt ), which should logically have a lower melting and boiling point ? Answer please

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Dalamama: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Wood and paper , which has a lower boiling and melting point ? The Polish surface and the edge of the Bible that was no scalded or burnt , which should logically have a lower melting and boiling point ? Answer please

The bible has a hard cover and the polished wood has a minimum fire accelerating property. If the bible was placed on dry grass, it will burn. The polished wood has very low fire accelerating property. Half of it did not even burn from your picture.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

You are an idiot! Compare your fire to theirs. Your fire that couldn't even burn a small table, and you are comparing it to inferno that destroyed a house. You are a dundee. Bring your bible let me throw it into the fire of the women that fry akara and watch it turn to ashes. Mumu!
Your foolishness is beginning to smell. The pictures you displayed were BURNT copies of the Quran. My Bible was not even scalded talk more of burnt . So what more foolish explanations /reason do you want to give me that I will gladly accept ?

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
A foolish atheist is speaking illogically once again . So you mean to tell us here ,that all hardcovers in the world ,are fireproof , abi? But what about the edges ...do they have a fireproof edge too? Would you like me to show you the bible? I can show you if you bible if you are interested.
so u have nothing to say about Qurans that didnt burn? You conveniently ignored that part. Lol

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Bianda24: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2018
If you like be an atheist and by being one, not believe in God let alone believing in miracle. As for me and my household, we will not only believe in miracle but also believe in God. God has been loving, kind, protective and caring. I have so many narratives to bulttress that miracles exist. For the fact that a building was raised down and many people died and the Bible or Quaran did not burn does not make God evil. Neither can we say there is no miracle, remember, God's way isn't our way and there is nothing we humans can do about it.

Remember, we are like puppet in the hands of God, whether you like it or not, even if you don't want to believe in the existence of God, lemme make this known to you without mincing words, there is a supernatural Being who is above and behind every existence. He does His thing according to the way He chooses. You may not want to agree but I know deep down you, you know that God exist.

The way you believe it might vary, but as a limited and finite being, there is an infinite and unlimited Being who is behind all immanent activities. I am not saying this to lure you neither am I writing for the purpose of writing, my piece is born out of conviction that God exist, I have not seen him but with the happenstances around me, I can categorically say that God exist.

6 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

The bible has a hard cover and the polished wood has a minimum fire accelerating property. If the bible was placed on dry grass, it will burn. The polished wood has very low fire accelerating property. Half of it did not even burn from your picture.
Shut up! Liar. Scritta is what people make bibles from , and it is on record that it has a lower boiling point temperature than wood . So why are you lying? Why lie to explain what you yourself cannot understand ...

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
so u have nothing to say about Qurans that didnt burn? You conveniently ignored that part. Lol
Oga, ask a Muslim that question; don't ask me because I do not have a Quran; and I have never witnessed the burning the Quran.

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2018
I seriously think atheist should have their own thread in the religion section.. Or there should be some restriction in christian thread just like the one found before u can access the muslim thread where u have to admit to be a true worshipper of mohamed...

Let the christians say their miracles in peace.. It doesnt matter how it is viewed from ur own perspective.. Wait is it ur miracle?.. Hopefullandlord frank317 hardmirror i get ur point .. U might not call it miracle.. But i am certain u have been through some spectacular situation that left u speechless..
ONE LOVE

11 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by wisdomIspeace(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2018
The argument that miracles happen to people in other religion does not disqualify miracle in any way...
There is no where in the bible that says only christian will enjoy miracles, as a matter of fact some of the miracle done by Jesus in the new testament was for unbeliver e.g the mad man jesus healed , there is no way the mad man could a beliver because "he was mad". That was a miracle driven by mercy...
Even the greatest miracle of all time , the miracle of the cross was done for unbelievers....
And that was driven by mercy and not religion or works, just by mercy and love..
So ofcus, unbeliver will still be experiencing miracles because we serve a merciful God... His mercy is beyond religion and works ...

So whether muslims, hindus or even arm robbers ( eg the thief on the cross that jesus saved) are experiencing miracles, it is miracle driven by mercy because we served an infinitely merciful God...

Atheist , it requires the same level of faith to believe there is no God, and to believe there is God.. just saying

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2018
wisdomIspeace:
The argument that miracles happen to people in other religion does not disqualify miracle in any way...
There is no where in the bible that says only christian will enjoy miracles, as a matter of fact some of the miracle done by Jesus in the new testament was for unbeliver e.g the mad man jesus healed , there is no way the mad man could a beliver because "he was mad". That was a miracle driven by mercy...
Even the greatest miracle of all time , the miracle of the cross was done for unbelievers....
And that was driven by mercy and not religion or works, just by mercy and love..
So ofcus, unbeliver will still be experiencing miracles because we serve a merciful God... His mercy is beyond religion and works ...

Atheist , it requires the same level of faith to believe there is no God, and to believe there is God.. just saying
well said bro u are blessed
Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga, ask a Muslim that question; don't ask me because I do not have a Quran; and I have never witnessed the burning the Quran.
lolz! Cop out. So an inflammable bible is god's priority now. What a useless god. A god that ignores the millions of children being raped and abused every year is busy protecting a bible you can always buy at a book shelf. Cc hopefulLandlord, hahn come see me see wahala.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2018
Samsimple:
I seriously think atheist should have their own thread in the religion section.. Or there should be some restriction in christian thread just like the one found before u can access the muslim thread where u have to admit to be a true worshipper of mohamed...

Let the christians say their miracles in peace.. It doesnt matter how it is viewed from ur own perspective.. Wait is it ur miracle?.. Hopefullandlord frank317 hardmirror i get ur point .. U might not call it miracle.. But i am certain u have been through some spectacular situation that left u speechless..
ONE LOVE
oh o! U see how it hurts when you condemn other religions and speak against them. Christians dont mind their business. Right now one useless church is disturbing everyone with their speakers here. It makes a lot of sense to speak against the insanity of this useless religion. You dont own a monopoly in condemning others.

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Xcaphiny(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2018
I didn't just came to existence by myself, I'm alive and still kicking... That's miraculous enough.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2018
Samsimple:

ONE LOVE
Is the originality of the miracles already testified here being threatened? If No, then an army of atheists can do nothing and should not bother you. Afterall, no one doubts that the sun can rise and set in a day if told so.
If yes and you and others are beginning to doubt these so called miracles and see them more as either normal occurences that also happen to people of other faiths or as garnished stories/hyperboles that crumble upon basic investigation then the so called atheists are doing the right thing by warding off these liars from gullible people.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
oh o! U see how it hurts when you condemn other religions and speak against them. Christians dont mind their business. Right now one useless church is disturbing everyone with their speakers here. It makes a lot of sense to speak against the insanity of this useless religion. You dont own a monopoly in condemning others.
mr hardmirror.. I know u too well.. So i cant argue with u.. Happy sunday afa wetin dey for boys

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2018
Samsimple:

mr hardmirror.. I know u too well.. So i cant argue with u.. Happy sunday afa wetin dey for boys
lol! How u take know me o cheesy

Me sef dey find where to perch this sunday jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tb Joshua - 'Pray Against The Interruption Of Democratic Practice (Throwback) / Prophet Jeremiah Takes Succour To Flood Victims In Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Kogi / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.