Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,854 members, 7,820,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (22274 Views)

If You Don't Believe God Exists, Come In / This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen / If You Don't Believe God Exists, This True Life Story Will Change Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do not have time for your foolishness or hypocrisy . Excuse me .
just say you have just realised you were talking rubbish and too ashamed to admit it

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
...and the flames will not at least scald or burn the surface slightly? Are you mad ? Anyway , I do not blame , you are not a science student; you are probably some whacked commercial student with a very low IQ.
mr man. If that is your miracle go and tell that to the raped children god ignores while protecting a piece of book that costs less than N3000

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
kevoh:

Is the originality of the miracles already testified here being threatened? If No, then an army of atheists can do nothing and should not bother you. Afterall, no one doubts that the sun can rise and set in a day if told so.
If yes and you and others are beginning to doubt these so called miracles and see them more as either normal occurences that also happen to people of other faiths or as garnished stories/hyperboles that crumble upon basic investigation then the so called atheists are doing the right thing by warding off these liars from gullible people.
who said anything abt miracle being threatened.. From all your grammar and garnished english i dont see any sense in what u typed.. BTW are u not suppose to be in church now, y are u typing while preaching is going on grin
Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

You are a fool! The bible because of its nature will not burn easily because it has a hard cover and the pages are closely packed there by disallowing air to pass through and make it burn. The table did not even burn and you are here making a Cas out of a small fire that only mad a patch on a table. You are deluded and foolish!
urmm sir not all bible has hard cover dont generalize
Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Sometime around 2011-12, I was involved in a relationship where my girlfriend's mother was a Seer having acquired the gift by practicing spiritism of the Native American Indians (aka natives).

Months into the relationship my girlfriend moved into a new home. I would sleep over occasionally from time to time. When i visited, she told me her daughter claimed to have sighted a little girl at in her room late at night. I did not take it too seriously.

Weeks later i visited and was told about her roommate experiencing paranormal activity in her room whilst sleeping at night with her boyfriend. The roommate said she was asleep when the painting in her room fell from where it was hanged. The thump awakened her and her boyfriend as they trembled in fear. The boyfriend was too scared to pick it up and hang in back so she chose to do it. Then they went back to sleep and minutes later in fell again. At that time she believed it was a ghost and started praying. She prayed and they both went back to sleep.

On another occasion, i was asleep with my girlfriend when the daughter jumped off her bed and ran to the bedroom where we laid, crying she had sighted the figure again. At this time I became worried so I rushed into the room and to my surprise, the ceiling fan was rotating at its maximum speed. This happened around 8-9pm. I checked the fan switch to see if it was on but it was totally off, besides we never switch it on whenever she is asleep. I stood there in shock and disbelief! So i rushed them out of the room and calmed the situation by consoling the 4 yr old and praying within myself.

I never believed in ghosts but here i was shaking like a leaf but having grown up overseas, i got accustomed to the belief that ghosts can be confronted and they can't hurt you so i brushed the fear off.

The last straw was when i began hearing footsteps on the corridor around midnight when there was clearly no one there as we were all asleep. We didn't take it serious until it footsteps could be heard close to our door. We would tremble in bed and i would pray. At that point i knew i was in a haunted house.

The natives have something they call a Dreamcatcher and this is a wooden circle/hoop with feathers all over it that is believed to chase away spirits and nightmares at night. The house had always had two, one on my girlfriend's bed's headboard and the other on her child's headboard. I decided they may be the cause but brushed my fears off again.

So my girlfriend went to her mother to complain about our experience and the mother reminded her of her first visit to her daughter's house. She said the first day she visited her, she complained she felt a spirit was in the house. The spirit of a dead young girl. And she advised her to find out the history of the house.

We called the landlady and she opened up that there was indeed a ghost in the house that made it hard for her tenants to stay as they always packed out despite how nice this house was. She said the little girl died in an accident over 15 yrs ago.

Thank God for all those TV shows i watched about paranormal activity becos it helped me summon up some courage. I had concluded that this little girl refused to leave the house becos another little girl had taken over her room. So the ghost must have been angry seeing different kids in her room and different people in her house that she did everything to scare them off.

One day I decided to talk to the air in the empty house as if she was present. I spoke in Spanish as she was a Spanish girl. I told her that i felt her pain and we knew who she was and why she kept visiting. I explained that she needs to move on and accept that people will always occupy the home and eventually move out. Stupid me thought i would hear a knock or some sound after my speech, as a sort of reply but i did not.

So i decided days later to gather all the dreamcatchers in a bunch and asked my girl to hand over everything her mother gave her to place in the house to ward off spirits. Note, my girlfriend never believed in God as she was part German, part spanish and part senegalese, plus she was in doubt like most Europeans.

We took everything to a park and before her I prayed and burnt it all to ashes. I had faith in God as I never gave up on him since my days as a child in Africa and I strongly believed things would change.

We returned back home with a sigh of relief and my gal went to take a shower. I stood at the closed door of the bathroom using my phone and chatting with her at the same time when i felt a very fast wind or figure move extremely fast to my right and I exclaimed. This ghost never moved in the afternoon and this was the first time. It when super fast like it did not wanna me seen and my eyes twitched.

It was evident my prayer had worked becos we never heard from it again and all the paranormal activity stopped. From that day onwards, my girlfriend prayed occasionally and believed in the existence of God.

As for me, I have escaped car accidents being the one hit and almost hit, this has happened 4-5 times and my son was born differently after the nurses had signalled death. He was the first child i saw come out of a womb without crying.

So yes, God does exist. And I apologise for my long post as i have been inspired to give my testimony having read others.

Praise his name!

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
mr man. If that is your miracle go and tell that to the raped children god ignores while protecting a piece of book that costs less than N3000
Have you bothered to asked those raped whether God is answering their prayers ? God's working is individualistic; not a group hug . Mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
...and the flames will not at least scald or burn the surface slightly? Are you mad ? Anyway , I do not blame you , you are not a science student so expecting you to argue logically is expecting too .
now i know y u have been misbehaving since.. Science student indeed.. Wat have u invented..
Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Have you bothered to asked those raped whether God is answering their prayers ? God's working is individualistic; not a group hug . Mumu
lol! I shld ask a 2year old that was raped by a 70+ man if god answers her prayers? You mean your bible prayed before god protected it? Calling me mumu does not make me one. Feel free to call me anything, just tell me why god wld be protecting an ordinary book that can be easily replaced but wont protect little children from ritualists and rapists

5 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by thatchick: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
AK481:
Short and simple.

I mistook sniper my dad poured into Eva water container for water ,gulped a full dose and survived.the incident happened around 12am at night.

Funny enough that evening,I bought Eva water which I opened and drink small,this happens to be the same volume of sniper in the Eva water container.

I survived without taking activated charcoal.

Otito diri jesu!

You didn't perceive the odour as you were about drinking it? As strong as sniper smells.

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by bodee(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yep, that's an awesome miracle. fire once started in a hospital and almost all the patients died in the fire. the hospital was razed down and several properties destroyed. but all bibles and Qur'an weren't burnt so glory to God for choosing to save Bible and Qur'an rather than humans and properties. I'm sure you'd have acted like God too if you had the power
I think your satirical and sarcastic statement is indeed superb.

9 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
Waking up everyday

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
Samsimple:

who said anything abt miracle being threatened.. From all your grammar and garnished english i dont see any sense in what u typed.. BTW are u not suppose to be in church now, y are u typing while preaching is going on grin
One, if the originality of the miracles on this thread were not threatened and some doubts are not beginning to come up, you would not have been crying for a thread for atheists. You felt threatened by their presence because you know their questions expose the liars.

Two, sorry I don't do church! That's for people like you who like to be sold lies and for those who like their Sundays to be wasted. I rather spend that time making money from my online biz or just chilling with my family indoors like I am doing currently.

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by AK481(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
thatchick:

You didn't perceive the odour as you were about drinking it? As strong as sniper smells.

If e happen to u you go understand.

When you re eaten and you need to drink water,you might take one full gulp before knowing it.

A lot of people have died and the media reports it as suicide

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
lol! I shld ask a 2year old that was raped by a 70+ man if god answers her prayers? You mean your bible prayed before god protected it? Calling me mumu does not make me one. Feel free to call me anything, just tell me why god wld be protecting an ordinary book that can be easily replaced but wont protect little children from ritualists and rapists
Please how is does the narrative of a raped girl influence the miracle I l witnessed ...can you see how digression is the focal point of your argument ...mtchws

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
...and the flames will not at least scald or burn the surface slightly? Are you mad ? Anyway , I do not blame you , you are not a science student so expecting you to argue logically is expecting too .

Kikiki, science student that fails to admit that the Bible will burn into ashes when put into direct fire used for frying akara. grin grin This kind science student is a miracle in itself! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by coolh3ad(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
Passy089:
When i was an undergraduate in the university... you know I was one of those guys that use to live together with their babes....one evening after we finished taking dinner ,I left the room to go and play PES in my friends room,after playing for awhile, I got thirsty and decided to go and drink water in my room, getting to my room I saw my babe lying down lifeless on the bed her hair scattered like she struggled with someone or something, I called her she didn't answer ,touched her,her body was cold,...her heart wasn't beating(atleast I didn't feel it at that time,) no pulse nothing!!..I opened her eyes they were white the black pupil is gone. when the reality of what could be going on dawned on me I just froze,couldn't move couldn't think ....I went and called my friends ,they came...did all they could to revive her but it didn't work, some were praying ,speaking in tongues etc,still nothing happened ,after many hours of trying and when they realized she may be dead ,they started sneaking out of the building one after the other ,we were more than 20 in the room but after few mins it was only one person that was still there (a student man of God) the rest ran away(even my best friend then Lol)..this man of God continued praying and praying until early hours of the morning around 4am ...exhausted he told me "brother I've done my part..the rest is in God's hands and he left for his room...I was alone,staring down at my girl lying lifeless on my bed...I was so scarred ,its almost morning,what am I going to to do? an undergraduate that was sent to school to study just murdered his girlfriend would be the next headline...what would my parents say? who would be my witness? so I'm going to jail for something I know nothing of...so many thoughts were going over my mind, crooked thoughts of throwing away her body or even burying her secretly also creped it...but in the end I did none of those..I knelt down and prayed to God(normal me,I hardly pray ) but that moment I did...begged God to save me,vindicate me and help me for what is to come in the morning...after praying I sat down picked up my phone and was going through my contacts to see if there's anyone I could call, I now stumbled across one of my uncle's contact from maternal side (A man of God) so I called him...immediately I wanted to tell him what's happening ,he said he has already seen it and have been inter seeding for me before I even called ,he now asked me to get a sachet water and place my phone on it so that he can pray into the water ,I did ,after he asked me to force open her mouth and pour some inside and sprinkle the rest all over her body I did it too ,he ended the call and told me not to worry that everything will be fine soon....30mins later ,she started moving her hands and legs before she noe started coughing... she woke up ,I couldn't believe it,I just went outside knelt down and started crying...that moment I was convinced that God has plans for my life, she later told me that all those while she was lying there she was being pulled by both darkness and light but in the end a stronger force dragged her into the light and she woke up....I believe in miracles

I believe strongly in prayer. Prayer works wonders!!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by isnovic(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
Some years back, took some bus from Onitsha to Lagos after semester exams.

But as you will always expect, got to the park too late for the first bus, so I became the first passenger of the next bus going to Lagos.

And as irritating as some might be, I decided to drop my handkerchief at the place I normally sit in a commercial bus, 1 row ahead of the back row and next to the window, after which I left to look for something to eat.

When I returned, some lady has removed the handkerchief and became so contentious about not giving up the seat. Though it is not in my nature to argue but would have argued more in other not to be looked at as being weak, but for some reason I was just not in the mood for cantankerous argument so I sat at the back seat next to the window with all of the discomfort.

Just after Ore, we ran into a robbery operations on the other side of the road and as God will have it, we passed our lane with no problem, but unknown to us, the Robbers had made a turn at Ore and was heading towards Lagos side.

Some road blocks mounted some 9-12km from Ore threatens their gateway and we were like some cars ahead of them but one from the road block when they opened fire.

The bullets streams had shattered the back windscreen and some others, flying past my head and the next person sitting at the back. Immediately people started jumping through every available openings in the bus to escape the cross fire.

The mobile police in turn returning fire to upstage the robbers. Unknown to me and others, one of the bullets hit the lady, scattered her thigh bone, left palm and right fingers.

She was broken beyond words, and we had to find some hospital in the nearby town where she will receive treatment whilst bleeding profusely.

I had escaped with no injury except shard bruises to my arm and palm.

Then I realized 2 things, do you and nobody else.

You may feel cheated, but silence and patience pays.

Avoid quarrelling in a public transport or places as most are already marked for death in order not to replace them through contentious spirit.

God be praised, today I am still counting his Miraculous with a son of my own.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
kevoh:

Kikiki, science student that fails to admit that the Bible will burn into ashes when put into direct fire used for frying akara. grin grin This kind science student is a miracle in itself! tongue
Oga, it seems you do not understand the point of this whole matter.
Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by HardMirror(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Please how is does the narrative of a raped girl influence the miracle I l witnessed ...can you see how digression is the focal point of your argument ...mtchws
oh o! It has everything to do with it. Did you solicit god to protect your bible from burning? Yet god protected an ordinary book (according to you anyway)...good... now if god does such useless things, why does god fail to do the more important things? Since it must be god that protected your bible and has nothing to do with the science that could have been involved. Why would god do such a miracle and leave millions of defenceless people many who are even his worshippers to perish. Oya i am listening

5 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
If I were a Christian on this thread, I would have called that guy to order! He is not making the matter easy for them to defend at all!

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Samsimple(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
kevoh:

One, if the originality of the miracles on this thread were not threatened and some doubts are not beginning to come up, you would not have been crying for a thread for atheists. You felt threatened by their presence because you know their questions expose the liars.

Two, sorry I don't do church! That's for people like you who like to be sold lies and for those who like their Sundays to be wasted. I rather spend that time making money from my online biz or just chilling with my family indoors like I am doing currently.
show me way na.. Afa bros enlighten me on this online bizness..
Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by ikbnice(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
A foolish atheist is speaking illogically once again . So you mean to tell us here ,that all hardcovers in the world ,are fireproof , abi? But what about the edges ...do they have a fireproof edge too? Would you like me to show you the bible? I can show you if you bible if you are interested.
Bro, why you argue, do you know that the most sought after book in US prison was the Bible after smoking was banned. This is not because most of the inmates have suddenly became religious but just for them to smoke smuggled weed and even nicotine patches.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3328386/Holy-smokes-Criminals-eager-beat-smoking-ban-prison-using-BIBLE-roll-cigarettes-smuggled-tobacco.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/837327/prisoners-smoke-drug-spice-with-bible-pages

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/cigarette-starved-prisoners-smoking-pages-105140017.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by consultancy: 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
I never really believed in miracles until this happened.
Fire needs oxygen to burn. A book tightly packed together like a Bible or a dictionary would not burn so easily. If it were an Oxford dictionary on that table, it wouldn't have burned either

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga, it seems you do not understand the point of this whole matter.
I don't have to, your type of science student thinking has started making me believe in miracles! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
consultancy:
Fire needs oxygen to burn. A book tightly packed together like a Bible or a dictionary would not burn so easily. If it were an Oxford dictionary on that table, it wouldn't have burned either
...and the fire won't scald it ? Even one bit ...? Are you for real... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by kevoh(m): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Samsimple:

show me way na.. Afa bros enlighten me on this online bizness..
Open church na, no be your mate be COZA pastor and that adejumo we dey command members to bring dollars! grin

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by Shelumiel: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dalamama:

Flame that can not even burn a table completely is what you are yapping about abi? Being the bible let me throw it inside the fire place of women that fry akara on the road side and watch it burn. Yeye fire that can not burn a table is what you ate yelling miracle, miracle anyhow. So your God can only protect a bible from burning, but could not protect the Christians that were burned alive by Fulani herdsmen that were worshipping on a Sunday morning about 8 weeks ago in Plateau state , while they kept shouting out his name for help. You are a fool!
I thank God you have finally changed the topic....lolz. Kudos to you for showing me how illogical you can be .

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by consultancy: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
...and the fire won't scald it ? Even one bit ...? Are you for real... undecided
if The guy I quoted is honest, he will tell u the Bible was scarred and some parts damaged by fire

1 Like

Re: What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? by bigocean(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
It was in the year 2003, my family of six had a fatal accident. The vehicle was so damaged that no one that saw it believed anyone came out of it alive but by grace we all came out with everyone person not having any major injuries; I was the only one who had a broken thigh.
We were taken to the hospital, from where I was moved to an orthopedic. At the orthopedic, I had spent two months but the bones were not healing. The doctors where suggesting Amputation but my parents refused. They knew their God. They were also scared for their young boy.
I was discharged, since the doctors had done all they could in 2months and there was no sign of healing. They gave us some medications to take home with the look on their faces saying "when you are ready, come for the amputation "
We got home and well wishers started trooping into our home, it was a season of prayer.
It happened one day, I was alone in the sittingroom where visitors normally come to See Me; with my legs stretched out and the plaster of paris(pop) covering it up to my thigh. I was staring at the television when my eyes started closing, I tried hard to open it by force but I couldn't. Then I saw a FOOT dropping from above; it was landing slowly until it touched my Thigh. At that moment, my whole body shook and I screamed and was able to open my eyes.
My mum who heard me scream had rushed out to know what was wrong; I told her what had just happened and what I saw.
After this experience, the thigh that has refused healing for months now started responding and before long the pop was torn off me, I started standing, then I began to walk again. Till today, no Amputation, not even a pain.

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2016 - Complete Restoration (Day 1) / Lady With Speech Handicap Spotted Preaching The Gospel (Video) / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.