Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins (637 Views)

How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? / After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) / Man Pays Tribute To His Late Wife Who Died During Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins by Gavel(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2018
An Indonesian civil servant who owed his ex-wife a large alimony has paid back some $10,000 worth of missed payments in coins.

Dwi Susilarto arrived at court on Thursday hauling a dozen sacks filled with 153 million rupiah ($10,500) in small change, a hefty payment that weighed in at about 890 kilograms (1,960 pounds), his lawyer said.

READ ALSO: Nigerian crude exports set for four-month high

A fight nearly broke out between the man and his ex-wife’s lawyer, who refused to count the money transported in a wheelbarrow pushed by the 54-year-old and two friends.

Susilarto’s lawyer denied that his client was trying to insult ex-wife Hermi Setyowati.

The man’s low public service salary forced him to reach out to friends after the court in the town of Karanganyar in Central Java ordered him to pay back some nine years’ worth of unpaid alimony, said the lawyer Sutarto, who goes by one name.

“I was honestly surprised too (at the payment), but my client said the money was donated by friends and family who gave most of it to him in coins,” he told AFP on Friday.

“There was no intention to insult anyone — that’s all he has.”

Setyowati, who eventually accepted the funds, wasn’t buying her former husband’s excuse.

“This is insulting — it’s like calling me poor,” she was quoted by local media as saying.

The court ordered its staff to count the money.

Source:www.punchng.com

Re: Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins by Ekez(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2018
Heeeeeyy. Which kind work you give that woman eeeh This is wickedness the highest order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins by Nbote(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2018
Correct man... Shebi he has paid

1 Like

Re: Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins by PamaB(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
He's the Man of the year.
Re: Man Pays Ex-wife $10,000 Alimony Arrears In Coins by CrownedPhoenix: 11:31am On Mar 19, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin!

I laughed so hard I fell off chair

This life na cruise.. different different crase..
carry sacks of coins inside wheelbarrow go court! cheesy

I can't imagine the classic look on the woman's face when she first saw ex-husband and friends pushing wheelbarrow full of sacks

Abi how she wan take push wheelbarrow of coins for street enter house

I nor fit laff again abeg

Lalasticlala and the judge suppose jail d man angry

(1) (Reply)

Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling / Childless & Neglected…all I Wanted To Be Was A Good Wife-pt 1 / See The Large Number Of Items A Nigerian Man Was Made To Bring As Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.