Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? (5659 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by ne4real(f): 10:45am On May 03, 2007
both couple have full rights 2 answer each others call or read text messages, unless both of them reach an agreement that non of them should answer each others calls or read each others text messages, which is better and safer to avoid unnecessary problems or heart aches.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by omoge(f): 10:58am On May 03, 2007
mekoyo, right there. if you don't have anything to hide, am sure you wouldn't worry abt anyone picking up the phone cheesy.

For note, ladies and gentlemen, don't worry o, when he or she starts acting up when you touch the phone, just go online and you will find out who he or she is calling/texting. and for a lil amount (maybe free self), you could get the whole conversation, in soft or hard copy grin

don't touch his phone, go online cheesy.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Laurel85(f): 12:29pm On May 03, 2007
wink Ur spouse has every right if u both claim to love each other. Relationship should be based on trust and love and nothing else. There is really nothing wrong except you have a skeleton in ur cupboard. This is not an issue of privacy. If u are nt married, and u see ur spouse hiding his/her call from u, then know there is danger and do sumtin abt it fast, cos a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. He/she might be cheating on u.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chumakk: 3:54pm On May 03, 2007
where there is truth,there is no room for any suspect
i think your husband or your wife has 10000% over you and your set,
let see these logically;what is the purpose of set?
1.to make call
2.to recieve call
3.to text msg
tell me from your own prepective what you as a husband or wife had to hide your phone from LOVED ONE,
ther's no need beating about the bush,if you really love your partner grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by spoilt(f): 4:25am On May 04, 2007
no one says you can never answer his/her phone. the thing is if the phone rings and your spouse is there why not let him/her answer? some people will wrestle you to the ground and answer before you. grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by ayeesha: 11:41am On May 04, 2007
crucify him! crucify him! crucify him! angry
what do you mean by that statement of yours?
men should be given the trophy for infidelity.
you can quote me anywhere, anyday.
haba!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by nnada(f): 12:02pm On May 04, 2007
when i was newly married, i noticed my husband likes to keep his phones off from me, and i tried to tell him that he is free to answer my phone, but am not free to answer his own, so i decided to tell him that no way, vice cersa, if i dont answer ur phone, u dont answer mine.

now he wants to be answering mine, and let me be answering his, and i refused.

it actually made me to mind my business, and not have heart attack, or disturbances at all. And on, he wants me to have heart attack, no way. i kind of like it like this, so i prefer to mind my business by not touching his phone, and he doesn't touch mine.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by bisibaby(f): 2:50pm On May 04, 2007
well if the love is there the wife can check his husbands fone or vice versa bt if love no dey there omo na yawa oh. Cos grundging go dey there sha ni. And e fit break relationship
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by pmdaboh(f): 2:04am On May 06, 2007
Personally, I want my husband and my relationship to be built on trust.  I do not have anything to hide, so I would not care if he answered my cell phone or not.  And vice versa.  If he has nothing to hide from me, than why would he object for me to answer his phone or read a text message.  Everyone is different, but our relationship is built on mutual trust, love, and respect, and I thank God for it.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by cheekybabe: 10:39am On May 06, 2007
My husband can answer my phone and vice-versa. I have nothing to hide and I hope he has nothing to hide also. Without trust a marriage is non-existence. I will not purposely go snoppying but if the phone rings then I will pick it up if he is unavailable at he moment. smiley
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by cindy1(f): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2007
Its love that brought the two together, to live for better for worst. So i see no reason for a husband to answer a wife's phone and vice versa. The ingredient in a happy marriage or relationship is TRUST. I know is very hard butthe ladies just have to trust the man so that everything will go on smoothly.Its just that the men these days play prangs and still have a wife at home. In this case, the wife should not pick his call or read his messages. If she does, she will be the one to be hurt within.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
It all depends.

I have 2 seperate handsets, both on my Vodafone Business User Accounts. 1 number is my private one, the other business. trouble is, sometimes I return a business call on my personal number, so the personal line becomes known to my clients.

It's not everytime a client calls, I'm prepared to speak to them, so my girlfriend doesn't answer either of my phones. If she did, and called me, it may be a client I don't want to speak to at that moment in time, and it does become complicated, for her to tell the client, "oh, Siena's not available, I thought he was".

Most clients know self employed folk tend to have their phones on them most of the time, so my girlfriend answering my phone kind of gives the game away.

No different to respecting folks privacy, when it comes to letters. You wouldn't rip open letters addressed to your partner, would you? If there's that much distrust, then you definitely don't belong together.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by dthing1(f): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2007
"Everybody to his or her phone. That is the only way

to avoid wrecking your home especially in these days

of women's infidelity.

If you like shout Crucify him crucify him"

[color=#006600][/color]
i suppose you meant 'men and not women's infidelity'. what percentage of married women are really unfaithful to their spouses compared to the men folk?

anyway this issue is basically one of trust or lack of it. it all depends on what yor spouse does or doesn't do but it shouldn't become an obsession and it is definately not a right of either party. it is a simple privilege, you may have it and you may not. that is the way life and relationships go
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by toplass(f): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2007
As a married man ,Before giving your mobile no to your girlfriend THINK? what are the consequences of my actions? what effect is is going to have on my marriage ? does my marriage really mean anything to me and finally is this pussy really worth wrecking my home for Bleep sake. There are many ways to kill a rat. husbands LOVE AND RESPECT your WIVES. Ask your girlfriends to give you their numbers but don't give out yours.in this way no one disturbs your peace @ home. you call them when you want but at the same time they know their limits. As a married man you must know where to draw the line if your marriage means a lot to you. its best to be faithful to eachother. remember your vow was before GOD and not before man. Finally, any married man that gives out his mobile numbers to girls outside sounds like a recipe for disaster. remember you loose something when your marriage dies but your girlfriend loose nothing, she looks for the next available .
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by sweetberry(f): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2007
every one to his / her phone, a guy should answer his phone & vice versa.
But if the guy is going out of his way to answer the fone e.g if he is in the bathroom & anytime the phone rings he runs to get it even if it will be easier for the girl to pick it up & then obviously there might be a problem.
& if the guy is so secretive about the fone & always have to hide or move far away to receive phone calls then it doesn't take much to start havin doubt.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Pepeye(f): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2007
We all need a little bit of privacy sometimes, invading one’s privacy isn’t rite howbeit he is spouse
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by ifyalways(f): 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2007
what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
if he reads and picks my call,then i wud definitely do so too.
though i think its for couple that dont trust themselves,why wud you be suspicious in the first place?

i pick ma call myself.ma phone is ma property. lipsrsealed
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by almondjoy(f): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2007
Sorry I missed your call. Please leave me a brief message and I'd gladly return your call! If this is an emergency you can have me paged or hang up immediately and dail 9-1-1.

Do not need a secretary--thanks! wink
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Frankies(m): 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2007
Shameless idiot.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by almondjoy(f): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
Frankies:

There is no big deal if my wife answers my fones. She is my wife and can answer my calls anytime she wants.

I know some fools in here like almondjoy must have influenced those she could, by telling them that the hubby does not have any right to answer their fones.

If you don't have anything skeleton in your cupboard,I don't see why a right thinking person should find anything wrong in that.
Except those under the guise of marriage are living in hell. Almondjoy can tell better.

Shameless idiot.

Or shut up!  Do you have a wife?  Na im you dey Nairaland dey masturbate? cheesy  Masturbating son of a she-goat!  Common clearout of here!   Like anybody asked you.  As you know I am unhappily married, but while I can sit home and enjoy my hard working husband's money--lots of it too--you can keep gallivanting all over Nairaland in molues--sucking tick infested abunnas!  Right now I am working from home for the rest of the year.  Can your suffer-head misereable bi-conate uterus of a wife afford such luxury.  When she is too busy roasting corn or frying akara at motor parks, while she sucks abunnas for extra money! Idiot!

Monkey arse!  He does not have to pick up my phone like a jobless busy body like you.  He is gainfully employed--while I am a sitting at home with a FULL TIME DOMESTIC WORKER---thanks to the American goverment--and the money to pay for the services!  So I am free to cyber as much as I want like you shameless, jobless, masturbating, house husband of bleeting she goat!

He does not even care where my phone is!  You think it is a Nairaland marriage like yours? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Awon busy bodies--because you want to feel special!

Do you have a phone?  Useless, jobless man.  Claims to have studied IT and is busy sucking corks in Otigba and Gboko your village! Ajadu Garawa like you!

Go and get married and before you masturbate your abunna to oblivion.  Filthty swine!

Yes, he does not have the right to my phone and I do not have the right to his phone!  It is called respect.  Something generational bastards like you can never understand.  Just like you all sleep with your fathers and mothers over there--calling it communual living.  Sorry, there is something called-privacy in the civilized world!

When you have never crossed River Benue, I do not expect you to understand such things!  You stinking piece of cow dung! Please ferry yourself across the Lagos lagoon for a vacation and learn to be exposed!  You bush wacker!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by ifyalways(f): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2007
picking your spouses call or being alllowed to pîck a spouses call DOES not mean that both parties are truthful to themselves and wud never mean so.couples are supposed to trust themselves cause they DO TOTALLY trust themselves and not because they pick each others call.
i have seen men and even women in marriage that use lines that their spouses doesnt know its existing.such a line is used only while at the working place and switched off after working hours grin grin so much for the I MUST PICK MY SPOUSES CALL in order to show hes got nothing to hide wink

i still insist,there is no such thing as picking call to show trust and bla bla bla.my phone remains my property.no one person picks my call without my permission.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Kx: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
Funny enof,each time they pick their guy's calls and even read text messages korokoro,
we always have a way of "riggling" out of the quagmire.
No matter how sharp a girl is,she can never beat a smart guy to it even when
she read texts messages dat contains i love u or i miss u.

To be on a safe side,women shud desist from dis act.It causes unnecessary problems.

Relationships should be built on TRUST,whether the man is guilty or not
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by unin(m): 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
Well for me I think the both of them has the right to pick each others calls at any time.
As long as you don't have any hidden runs. But why should you have one? If you know you are not yet ready to do away with all your old boy friends/ girl friend why go into marriage? shocked You better don't at all! cool
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by biina: 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
phone call -rwx-
SMS        -rwx-

abi u get something to hide
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by spikedcylinder: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ topic

None. Unless its a between life and death situation.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by benedictac(f): 11:29am On Mar 13, 2009
As for me, we pick each other's calls or text messages. There is no secret in my home. In every area even financially, we know all. There is no reason for secret
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by MrCrackles(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2009
Topic

Making Calls ~ ALL RIGHTS cheesy

Scrolling through my messages, picking my calls unauthorized or Checking my contacts ~ NO RIGHTS grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2009
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 15, 2009
@ topic

Which kind right? After I don cut him hand, he go know when to respect my privacy. angry
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by unin(m): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2009
@=michelin89, If you know you still have privacy for yourself to keep, then forget about getting a husband cuz you will not make a good wife/ home.?
Thanks.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by desthan(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2009
All Man, ''to your tent oh isreal''
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 18, 2009
unin:

@=michelin89, If you know you still have privacy for yourself to keep, then forget about getting a husband cuz you will not make a good wife/ home.?
Thanks.

Thank you.

@ any husband

I go cut your hand!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could Women Have Multiple Husbands / How Do You Celebrate Easter In Your Family? / I Hate Her And Even The Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.