Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? (5661 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by tatooboy: 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2009
We need to put this issue in proper perspective.

I give you my cousins LIVE scenario. He had this chick (mind u i said he had, which means past tense) that was always insistent on seeing his phone, that why would he use a lock code for his fone and that since they were getting married there was no need for them to keep secrets.

Its not in the nature of my friend to pry into his chick's private affairs, but since the chick had been insistent and he had agreed to remove the lock code, all in the name of transparency, he decided a few times to check his babe's phone and behold he saw some gurry details, he confronted her and she gave some flimpsy excluses. Today, they have broken up.

The lesson to learn: Those who live in glass houses dont throw stones. For me, i am against a woman prying into my phone, i will not pry into yours. We all have secrets and the best thing to do is respect our individualities and privacies.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chikito1(f): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2009
I just do not understand people sometimes. If you are that private why get married? Marriage is all in your face when

spouses begin to live together. Its no longer boyfriend girlfriend. Why make marriage formal? All this don't touch my

phone i will not touch yours bullshit theory will only bring problems like distrust, contempt, grief etc. Why build a

relationship on this? If one is that private i beg your pardon remain single so that no one with pry on your phone. In

Marriage it is almost unavoidable. If my man hides his phone for no reason and all that, i can never trust him and i will

have my eyes on his every move. If he has nothing to hide i will not go after the phone as there will be trust and

transparency. Enough said.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by unin(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2009
Thanks, chikito1 (f) I think you understand what marriage is all about. thank you very much.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Udode(f): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2009
Trust is not about control -
if you trust your husband, there is no way you have to think of even answering his phone!

That is my point of view, i have my phone, he has his phone and unless he tells me to pick the call for him - his phone stays his private property - not because he has something to hide - but because people who call his phone are calling HIM not ME!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chikito1(f): 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2009
Thanks Unin.

Marriage should be a very informal thing (my opinion). Why should i be stuck up. Answering a damn phone should never

be an issue. As long as you are playing the game right in your marriage you should be OK with it. People who say my

wife/husband should respect my phone is all bullshit. What is in the phone that one should respect anyway? I am not

saying every call should be jumped at, but pick up when necessary, like when he is not there to pick it up. But i guess

this does not apply to people to tie their phones to their asses, as they will always be there to answer their calls grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by tnk24: 4:20am On Mar 21, 2009
It all depends on the people concerned. To some homes, it is not an issue while,
in other homes it is the most important law in that household
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by biina: 8:12am On Mar 21, 2009
Like someone said earlier, if you want privacy stay single!!!

The fact that your spouse has the right to every inch of your life does not mean he/she should abuse that right. If not acting inappropriately, you should not feel violated if your spouse answers your phone in your absence ( or is there something about you that you don't want them to know).

If you feel your spouse answering your phone is disrespectful, then I am truly sorry.

Its quite funny how people go on about their mobile phones as if they were born with it. Not so long ago, the bulk of telephones were land lines. Would you have restricted your spouse from answering the phone at all, or gotten separate lines?

You can defend your turf with your bf/gf, but with your spouse, keeping certain aspects of your life private, or tagged restricted area, will do more harm than good.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by iyaade: 3:30am On May 20, 2009
Uhhhhggghhh, It's a phone, not an arm for cryin out loud!!! If it's being used as a mobile handset, then as your husband, he has the right to answer it and vice versa, just like the house phone. We're not talking about a friend or even a girlfriend. As husband and wife, you share responsibilities.

People are trying to reach you. When he wants to use his phone for extra curricular activities, then the issue shouldn't turn into "what right do you have to pick my calls". He/she should be savvy enough to know how to keep his/her game on the low and not blame technology. This is the information age. You're only as private as you make yourself.

And as to all this privacy bullish for picking a call, it's annoying. Privacy refers to ownership of information. Privacy is essential in a marriage, and with that comes responsibility and trust. You don't go into text messages because there is information there. But picking a call, please. Don't make it a big deal. It's so not.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by itumama: 1:12pm On May 22, 2009
As 4 me there is no atrocities pickin yr spouse's call as far as you guys dont have antin negative to keep 4rm each other also it depends on how you guys handle each odas personalties.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by bebe4u(f): 10:13am On Feb 19, 2010
no right, stay away from prying in to your partners handset.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by vanbonattel: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2012
Only insecure men or women should rush to pick their partners calls.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by victorian(f): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2012
for my peace of mind, i dont answer his calls.. and he doesnt answer mine.. its no use snooping thru his phone..if a man wants to cheat, he will still cheat. so y bother my frail heart over his phone:/. abeg, i no need the tension,if a lady answers from d other end.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Jellitah: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2013
After mobile phone, what will he or she control next?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! cheesy
I am not that jobless. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diary Of A Young Married Man. / Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband / Is It Ideal To Get A Gift For Your Mother In Law To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.