Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? (5660 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by goodguy(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2007
I totally agree with doubletree here.  Whoever calls my phone expects to hear my voice and speak to me, and vice versa.  Personally, I hate it when people pick my calls.  I do not pick other people's calls, even when specifically asked to do so by the person that the call is meant for, and as such, I do not expect others to pick my calls; be it my brother, sister, father, friend, girlfriend or wife.

Not that I have anything to hide - far from it.  I just find it annoying. .  that's all. smiley

However, as regards the topic at hand, if my girlfriend/wife begins to hide in the bathroom or elsewhere to answer her calls, then THAT is another mater entirely. angry
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Rottweiler(m): 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2007
I would advise that people indicate their marital status before posting their views. This will definitely go a long way in helping others understand where they are coming from. As for me, I do not allow my wife to answer my calls! I also do not answer hers either. We don't need to display hypocrisy in marriage. How long is it going to last? If my phone rings while I am not there, she brings it to me and I do the same sometimes.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by IBDat(m): 12:04am On Apr 27, 2007
Well am not married so i guess i'm not qualified to answer. I do know that married or not it does cause issues and it helps to have at least 2 of them, one for family and friends - the other for business and cousins  wink mostly on silent with a security code on it.

But personally my conscience and intentions are clean, most of the time she just works herself up for nothing. If there is trust you should be able to leave my phone and emails alone and i the same and not concern yoslf with the number of calls i recieve!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chiegemba(f): 4:35am On Apr 27, 2007
No right @ all either way! on d other hand except i asked him 2 pick up d call or calls 4 me or he does ask me 2 do d same. But in general even if one is married doesnt give one d right to invade each other's privacy. If there is trust then u should know that whoever was on d phone might b made known 2 u @ my convenient time or should i say when it calls 4 .
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by spoilt(f): 4:37am On Apr 27, 2007
if my man touches my phone i'll throw a bitch fit! i dont mess with his phone so i dont want his paws on mine!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chiegemba(f): 4:47am On Apr 27, 2007
@spoilt; abeg talk am again! Am with u jare! Y would someone dat i didnt send no message want 2 pick up my phone? C me wahala oooo. . . wetin concern u concern my phone ( abi d person have left d position of being my husband to become my security man?)
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2007
Can he answer my phone calls? YES, but there is a difference between answering my calls out of a clean conscience, especially when i might not be present, and also a difference between answering my calls with something in mind or snooping through my phone. there are clear differences between them.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by agnesoseka: 8:46am On Apr 27, 2007
to have peace in a relationship/marriage i tink its better to stay out of eachother's phone, not b/cos the person has got somethn to hide but just for the sake of peace and to let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by pek(m): 9:37am On Apr 27, 2007
i sincerely believe the issue is for the couple involved.if they see themselves as one and there is no secret, then there is no big deal in it.but if there is skeletons in the cupboard and there are secrets each doesnt want the other to know, then the best thing is keep off each other`s phone so that you wont hear what you didnt bargain for.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chinnys(f): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2007
For me personally. i hardly answer people's call cos i believe the caller wants to speak to the owner and not me. but as for text i love that reading that just for the fun of it plsssssssssssss before u guys will crucify me.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by biozy(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2007
checked my babe text messages,i saw over 15 love texts sent by a particular guy.i vexed wit her.but on the other hand there was this lady that sends me text almost everyday lovely texts of course,she vexed too after a while we keep to our separate phones.let there be phone privacy
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by arianne(f): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2007
whatever is mine is mine, whatever is yours is mine. it's that simple. grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by arianne(f): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2007
now seriously, aint any problem in that provided he's pickin my call to help out and not with the malicious intention of diggin up a ghost! cos he will find one 4sure.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by donan(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2007
I dont see any problem with your wife picking ur calls or vice versa if that love exist unless u guys are playing OFF SIDE
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Vieira(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2007
I am married and we do not answer each others phone, unless requested to by the other.

I have no inclination to answer hers anyway but I had to curb her natural instinct to pry into my phone and stuff.

I am sure she still checks behind my back.

Funny incident:

I was asleep and she was testing her new phone, she decided to send a text as a test to my phone.

In my sleep I heard a text arrive on my phone with a beeping noise, as I woke up and reached for the phone I saw her also reaching for the phone. I got to it first and gave her a funny look as why she was trying to answer my phone.

Then I realise it's a text from her but now she starts ranting that I "rushed" to pick the phone and what am I hiding, blah, blah blah,

It became a whole scene.

It was almost as if I was being blamed for answering my own bloody phone!!

I had to put her straight.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Gift4all(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2007
Picking your spouse's call when he/she is around is not reasonable for the following reason:

1.What if some one with some little credit on his/her phone just wants to confirm something from ur spouse?

2. Can that prevent infidelity?

3. What will u tell the caller?

Always introduce urself first if answering your spouse call.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Rottweiler(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2007
If you want to have peace in your marriage, PLEASE STOP BEING UNNECESSARILY INQUISITIVE! Despite the fact that husbands and wives are supposed to be one body, a bit of basic privacy should be acknowledged. If you don't agree, keep on prying into his/her email box/phone/letters and you would get what you are looking for. Then what?
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by opuro(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2007
all dog like shit, all pig like mud, all pastor like bible, all mallam like qurian, all men i mean real men are poligamus in mind. take it or leave it.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by justin04(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2007
Well said rotweiller, it is not about secrecy, it is about privacy. .
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by jidody(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2007
Its better if you keep to your phones. Being nosey only brings heartache.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by BlackMamba(m): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2007
Answering my phone is a bit out of line. You're wifey not a personal secretary. What next? Give you my password to check me emails and account balance?
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by chidichris(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2007
different theories work for different ppl. for me, keep ur phone and i will keep mine. i will only act when u don't answer well in my presence or when their is change(s) in your manner because of my presence.
i see couples fighting to answer each other's phone but it is not surposed to be so.
i can keep a business friend who is not a family friend or not worthy to be close to my friend.
if am a trader, does it mean my wife will know all my costumers or if my wife uses an official telephone line, i must know who calls, for what purpose and all the rest.
for christians, the bible says women shld be under their husbands and not fight to know who is calling their husband's phone.
if you have any reason to distrust your husband, it is advisable u quite in peace than in pieces.
for me, an ordinary hello delievers the right massage and i can tell how good is the calling friend.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Frankdizzy(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2007
arianne:

whatever is mine is mine, whatever is yours is mine. it's that simple. grin
Did marry under contract? grin grin just ask ur partner if u can read their texts & or answer their calls, and vice versa. smiley but any 1 can delete their texts wink wink If ur answer is no don't make it look suspicious even if u had sumtin, no 1 is perfect,
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by IBDat(m): 1:11am On Apr 28, 2007
Gift4all:

Picking your spouse's call when he/she is around is not reasonable for the following reason:
1.What if some one with some little credit on his/her phone just wants to confirm something from your spouse?
2. Can that prevent infidelity?
3. What will u tell the caller?
Always introduce yourself first if answering your spouse call.

I'm sure that will defeat the purpose.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by finemocha(f): 2:20am On Apr 28, 2007
YOUR WIFE should have all access to ur phone, and so should the husband
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by fellybabe(f): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2007
WHAO! THIS IS AN INTERESTING TOPIC.

I FELT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN PICKING UR SPOUSE'S PHONE CALL. I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT TOO UNTIL JUST TWO HOURS AGO WHEN MY HUSBAND PROVE AND QUOTE ME WRONG.
WE ARE USED TO PICKING EACH OTHER'S CALL UNTIL THIS EVENING, WHEN I WANTED TO PICK HIS PHONE FOR HIM COS IT WAS LOSER TO WHY I WAS, AND B4 I KNEW WHAT HAPPENED, HE HIJAC]KED THE PHONE FROM ME EVEN B4 I SAID HELLO. AND AFTER THE CALL. I INSISTED I MUST SEE THE PHONE NUMBER OF THE ALL HE JUST REFUSED. HE REFUSED AND BELIEVE ME, MY NAIRALAND USERS, WE WERE ON THIS TOPIC FOR TWO HOURS, HE REFUSED,I STRUGGED WITH HIM BUT COULDN'T GET HOLD OF THE HAND SET. EVENTUALLY, I GAVE IN COS I WAS TIREDAND HE WAS ADAMANT TO LET GO OF THE SET. I KNEW SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT ABT THIS CALL, HIS BEHAVIOUR. I DECIDED NOT TO GIVE HIM BREATHING SPACE THIS EVENING, BUT U KNOW MEN,HE ASKED ME TO BOIL RICE FOR HIM AND B4 I COULD RETURN FROM THE KITCHEN, HE HAS TAKEN HIS CAR KEY AND DRIVES OUT. BUT HE WILL COME BACK 2NITE. DAT PHONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by spoilt(f): 12:02am On Apr 29, 2007
fellybabe:

WHAO! THIS IS AN INTERESTING TOPIC.

I FELT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN PICKING UR SPOUSE'S PHONE CALL. I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT TOO UNTIL JUST TWO HOURS AGO WHEN MY HUSBAND PROVE AND QUOTE ME WRONG.
WE ARE USED TO PICKING EACH OTHER'S CALL UNTIL THIS EVENING, WHEN I WANTED TO PICK HIS PHONE FOR HIM COS IT WAS LOSER TO WHY I WAS, AND B4 I KNEW WHAT HAPPENED, HE HIJAC]KED THE PHONE FROM ME EVEN B4 I SAID HELLO. AND AFTER THE CALL. I INSISTED I MUST SEE THE PHONE NUMBER OF THE ALL HE JUST REFUSED. HE REFUSED AND BELIEVE ME, MY NAIRALAND USERS, WE WERE ON THIS TOPIC FOR TWO HOURS, HE REFUSED,I STRUGGED WITH HIM BUT COULDN'T GET HOLD OF THE HAND SET. EVENTUALLY, I GAVE IN COS I WAS TIREDAND HE WAS ADAMANT TO LET GO OF THE SET. I KNEW SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT ABT THIS CALL, HIS BEHAVIOUR. I DECIDED NOT TO GIVE HIM BREATHING SPACE THIS EVENING, BUT U KNOW MEN,HE ASKED ME TO BOIL RICE FOR HIM AND B4 I COULD RETURN FROM THE KITCHEN, HE HAS TAKEN HIS CAR KEY AND DRIVES OUT. BUT HE WILL COME BACK 2NITE. DAT PHONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you really should have just picked up the phone and handed it to him since he was available not actually answer it. you may answer if the caller persists(and you think it may be important) and he's unavailable.
dont go looking for trouble.
besides if you want to snoop, you should act like the call doesnt bother you and when he goes to the bathroom or wherever you can do your thing! not fight with him for the phone.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by mekoyo(m): 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2007
Do you have any secrets you are hiding from each other? If there is then the problem of hiding of phones. BUt when there is no secret or extra martital affairs then anyone can answer the call except there is a mosquito hiding in your cupboard.

That shouldnt be a problem. I can answer the call of my wife and she can also do the same to my phone. It pose no problem at all.

She has every right.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2007
spouse are not suppose to attend to each other phone without the owners permission.not only because of secrect relationship, how about job, family, friend and society
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by deathadder(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2007
When me cell ring, it is calling ME!

If me wife dare answer it i'd chop off her paw! cool
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Kaliyat(f): 1:19pm On May 01, 2007
Except if its a joint business line, if not then one should mind his/her business and stay away from the other's cell. am not married and i have never for once ventured to pick my man's phone, the only time i looked into his fone was wen he took a pix of my ass and i had to see it (he offered to show it to me). of course i ordered him to delete it immediately. privacy is very vital (dem say wetin u no know no dey kill u). Peace y'all.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by bootiecool: 3:00pm On May 01, 2007
whats the problem u just say ed its Ur wife or am i wrong??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate Her And Even The Kids / Diary Of A Young Married Man. / Is It Ideal To Get A Gift For Your Mother In Law To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.