Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee (15823 Views)

Niger Republic Denies Receiving N1.15bn Vehicles From Buhari Government / FEC Approves N1.7bn For Construction Of Jetty At Bonny Island / Farmers Donate N1.7bn For Buhari Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 27, 2018
Baba stop talking gibberish.
Its lawyer against lawyer.
Prepare your case, go to court and argue it out.
Im particularly angry with this man,
with all the resources available to him yet he loses these cases!
He Keep wasting tax payers money!

Baba, hire good lawyer!
Use the right channel to get your evidence.
Prepare your case very well and go argue it out.

I would really want you to jail some of these corrupt officials.
They've solely ate away our future!

2 Likes

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by gcof(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70641831:
Magu said a particular senior advocate received N1.7bn in legal fees from a corrupt politician without a qualm

OH LORD!! shocked
This is unarguably the bribe of the Century!
If a senior advocate can be bribed, so what happen to the judiciary as a whole?!
There was a country!
i hope you know the meaning of legal fee

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by PFRB: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2018
wisino1:
What is this one talking so a lawyer should not collect what is due him ...... Is magu not collecting his salary....he should also tell us how much efcc is paying lawyer to persecute case for them
Thank you my person.
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by YorubaEmir: 7:57am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70641831:
Magu said a particular senior advocate received N1.7bn in legal fees from a corrupt politician without a qualm

OH LORD!! shocked
This is unarguably the bribe of the Century!
If a senior advocate can be bribed, so what happen to the judiciary as a whole?!
There was a country!
some children just comment without sense. Can you define bribery? If you can't, just shut up

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by contigiency(m): 7:57am On Aug 27, 2018
TarOrfeek:
Yes Ezi Bida.

Put Nigeria first and probe OBJ, then IBB, then Abubakar, TY Danjuma, then PMB no P. M.Cow.

Them every Senator former and current.

Then all the past VC's of All Universities. Then probe yourself.

Idiot.

Criminal spotted. You know when you mention tattered basket, the old woman braces up for war thinking you have called her.

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Mankosi: 7:57am On Aug 27, 2018
That's Apc for u they can never mention names. They keep on saying looters up till now we are still waiting for the list of looters and now this one again without name. Are they afraid to mention names?
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by OlujobaSamuel: 7:57am On Aug 27, 2018
LharryVee:
As a law student, I strongly believe collecting #1 trillion aint corruption but evading tax is... Imagine an extremely old man promising half of his property if u can win a case for him... And u did even tho the fact of the case shows that he z guilty... How is that lawyer guilty of any offence?? Its nt like there z any fixed price 4 soliciting a SAN's service
it is a form of laundering but very very difficult to convict in places where we have rule of law and impossible in places like nigeria.
You charge me unreasonable amount for services i rendered, i gave you a cash gift during your church anniversary or one irrelevant party.

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2018
It's not in his place or job description to determine any defence lawyer's fees, tax evasion however is a different kettle of fish. If he has the evidence why not prosecute him? EFCC should work more on getting competent lawyers to handle their cases than all this media trials IMO.

3 Likes

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2018
gcof:
i hope you know the meaning of legal fee
Some legal fee.....
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by GreenArrow2: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2018
ednut1:
Wetin concern efcc with FIRS work Magu must be a dullard

Tax evasion is a financial crime. The EFCC was setup to tackle financial crimes. As such, it would seem in this case, that you are the dullard.

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by ednut1(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
GreenArrow2:

Tax evasion is a financial crime. The EFCC was setup to tackle financial crimes. As such, it would seem in this case, that you are the dullard.
the tax agencies deals with tax evasion and avoidance not efcc. They need to carry out a tax audit to ascertain the actual tax evaded or avoided. That he has a certain turnover does not mean he is making taxable profits. U and magu are dull abeg

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Yankee101: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2018
Receipt of proceeds of crime is a crime. Do the needful
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by GreenArrow2: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2018
ednut1:
the tax agencies deals with tax evasion and avoidance not efcc. They need to carry out a tax audit to ascertain the actual tax evaded or avoided. That he has a certain turnover does not mean he is making taxable profits. U and magu are dull abeg

If you truly believe that a country's apex financial crime prosecuting unit does not have a ”concern" with issues regarding tax evasion, you should go back to school and profusely apologize to your lecturers and refund (with interest) all fees paid on your education to your parents.
I get the fact that you might not fancy the present government. However, spewing outright falsehood on replay with intent to demean, doesn't best serve your interests.
This will be my last reply to you sir. Have a lovely day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Fourwinds: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2018
ivandragon:
the issue should be evading tax & not whether they collected millions or billions to defend clients.

after all, the magu himself is not clean according to the DSS report which indicted him. so he should stop pretending to be holier than thou...
is it not the same DSS boss that indicted him that is out today?

what you don't know is that DSS was never comfortable working with Magu in Buhari's regime....

his impunity has shown him out of office
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by edibobo: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2018
So were you the one that sent them to school ?? Idiot and mugu
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by ednut1(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2018
GreenArrow2:

If you truly believe that a country's apex financial crime prosecuting unit does not have a ”concern" with issues regarding tax evasion, you should go back to school and profusely apologize to your lecturers and refund (with interest) all fees paid on your education to your parents.
I get the fact that you might not fancy the present government. However, spewing outright falsehood on replay with intent to demean, doesn't best serve your interests.
This will be my last reply to you sir. Have a lovely day.
lol y running. Efcc is not into tax. Allow FIRS do a tax audit. Oops i forgot he has taken advantage of VAIDs. So what is the issue again Dull EFCC

2 Likes

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Myself2(m): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2018
Okay me too, I won't mention the name of the lawyer,,,,,,,,

But he is a Lagos based lawyer, he is a lying hypocrite because he describes himself as a human rights activist, his surname and first name both begin with the letter F and one of his sons is a musician
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by ivandragon: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2018
Fourwinds:
is it not the same DSS boss that indicted him that is out today?

what you don't know is that DSS was never comfortable working with Magu in Buhari's regime....

his impunity has shown him out of office

has magu been able to satisfactorily refute the allegations?

so because daura is no longer in office, the magu is automatically absolved of all indictments?
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Bennycollins: 8:57am On Aug 27, 2018
Mr, Magu if they know more than you and your Efcc lawyers then hire then. Stop exposing your already obvious ineptitude.
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by freeze001(f): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2018
pedel:
Taofeek, To people like you everything is funny and for jests while the corrupt politicians steals your future.
For your information, Magu's children don't share the same problem with you; their father has secured their future. Can the same thing be said about you and your dad?
Stop typing rubbish.

What is wrong with asking that all politicians, past n present as well as VCs of universities be probed? Will it not be part of the corruption fight we're talking about?
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by maasoap(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2018
TarOrfeek:
Yes Ezi Bida.

Put Nigeria first and probe OBJ, then IBB, then Abubakar, TY Danjuma, then PMB no P. M.Cow.

Them every Senator former and current.

Then all the past VC's of All Universities. Then probe yourself.

Idiot.

The only idiot I could see here is you. Magu is not fighting his own fight, he's fighting Nigerians' fight. Calling him an idiot doesn't make sense because he's not more Nigerian than you. There is a limit to what he can achieve in corruption fight as EFCC boss with all these rule of law crap and constitutional loopholes. We're in it together. Idiot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by maasoap(m): 9:23am On Aug 27, 2018
Atouke:
Why are you complaining? Why not prosecute the senior lawyers if what they did is indeed corruption?
Are you complaining to the Nigerian masses for What?
This is your job, magu prosecute them and stop media trial.

When will you guys learn to stop ranting Media Trial for God's sake. Every piece of news and revelation is now tagged media trial. And yet, you clicked on the link and read what he had say, then turned 180° and called this information media trial. Let me ask you one question: why do you have phone and buy data?
And again, fight against corruption is not Magu's fight alone, he's just one man out of 200 million Nigerians. There are lawyers/SAN who bribes judges all the time and there are judges who sell justice like pure water. You're deceiving yourself if you think corruption fight is efcc boss headache alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Justinah4real(f): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2018
maasoap:

When will you guys learn to stop ranting Media Trial for God's sake. Every piece of news and revelation is now tagged media trial. And yet, you clicked on the link and read what he had say, then turned 180° and called this information media trial. Let me ask you one question: why do you have phone and buy data?
And again, fight against corruption is not Magu's fight alone, he's just one man out of 200 million Nigerians. There are lawyers/SAN who bribes judges all the time and there are judges who sell justice like pure water. You're deceiving yourself if you think corruption fight is efcc boss headache alone.

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by benratigan3(m): 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmm

“Another senior lawyer who is quick to advertise himself as the nemesis of the EFCC, has a turnover of over N5.1bn with an assessed total tax liability of over a billion naira between 2010 and 2017. Sadly, he merely declared a meagre N8m as gross earnings for 2014 and 2015, and N10m for 2016,” Magu said

Mike Ozekhome in mind.
wrong guess i must say because mike is more of a PDP lawyer. magu stated a south south Governor in 2016 election and the only election of 2016 was won by incumbent APC so go figure.....gov obaseki and ex governor oshiomole lawyer
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by pedel: 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
If you honestly believe that Magu's children or any of his immediate family are struggling to pay school fees or looking for job right now in Nigeria then I have nothing else to say to you.
Magu's rank or salary should be the list of your problem.
Imagine if Magu is your immediate elder brother...

BuhariDcow:
OGA, stop being paradoxical. What's Magu's rank in the police and how much is his salary? He is securing his "children future" via corruption too. EOD!

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by docadams: 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
benratigan3:

wrong guess i must say because mike is more of a PDP lawyer. magu stated a south south Governor in 2016 election and the only election of 2016 was won by incumbent APC so go figure.....gov obaseki and ex governor oshiomole lawyer

Dude you are either a stranger to the issue or to the personalities. Read the article again and I suggest you consult your fellow TANOIds/WAILERS for a better comprehension
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by maasoap(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=Justinah4real post=70648249][/quote]

Stop being ignorant. What was the value of naira then and now?

1 Like

Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by Kabaka100: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmm

“Another senior lawyer who is quick to advertise himself as the nemesis of the EFCC, has a turnover of over N5.1bn with an assessed total tax liability of over a billion naira between 2010 and 2017. Sadly, he merely declared a meagre N8m as gross earnings for 2014 and 2015, and N10m for 2016,” Magu said

Mike Ozekhome in mind.

My thoughts and guess exactly
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by benratigan3(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
docadams:

Dude you are either a stranger to the issue or to the personalities. Read the article again and I suggest you consult your fellow TANOIds/WAILERS for a better comprehension
oh dear i didn't no u r a zombie no need going further with you..but read my submission again with understanding esp the 2016 south south election part if u can
Re: Magu Slams SAN For Receiving N1.7bn Legal Fee by docadams: 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
benratigan3:

oh dear i didn't no u r a zombie no need going further with you..but read my submission again with understanding esp the 2016 south south election part if u can

All these Ngbuka attaches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There’s Nothing Wrong Having Specimen Ballot Papers In Your Possession – INEC / Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver / How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.