Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,452 members, 7,853,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt (16083 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Appreciates Support Over Appointment As NSA / N22.7trn Ways And Means: Crisis Brews In Reps Over $15m Executive Largesse / You’ve Lost Igbo Support Over 'Soaked Sliced Bread' Comment - SERG Tells Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by mikhe2(m): 11:07am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70649548:
With Baba, we are on course......on the right path.
We believe in our PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
, he is clearing the mess he met on ground assiduously.
Bless you sir.
which kind idiot u be sef...

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by sambrow(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70649548:
Bless you sir.
How much are you being paid for this? I want to believe you have conscience

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by gurunlocker: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
He should calm down. They are always full of negativity. Give solutions not alarms every-time. You want us to vote for you to come and chnage things isn't it? That's what all of you always say. This is USA debt for 2018.

You are comparing US to naija? How daft!

Things are working in US, they have almost everything.

Education, infrastructure, health care etc

What do we have here?

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by sankky: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2018
T
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by HomeOfMe(f): 11:11am On Aug 27, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/n22-7trn-debt-nigerias-economy/

Instead of using the abacha loot to settle atleast a little part of the debt,they're busy sharing it amongst themselves and the rest for buying votes.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2018
gurunlocker:

What do we have here?

Where would the money come from if the government does not borrow.

How would the so called infrastructure be put in place If they don’t borrow. It’s like waiting till Nigeria have enough money to build all the infrastructures at once. I wonder if your guys have brain at all or just follow whatever some useless politicians says.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by bedspread: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2018
[s]
post=70649548:
Bless you sir.
[/s]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by MakeNigeriaGrea: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2018
Cc Sarrki,Buhariguy,madridguy,ButterflyleO,Corrinthians,almaiga We won't see you on this thread. Bunch of losers. #PVCAgainstBuhari
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Chinwendu07: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2018
Its a shame that Nigerians are still blind to facts with figures in front of them. Buhari is a curse to this nation & must be uprooted in 2019. #PVCAgainstPMB #KickOutAPC

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by MakeNigeriaGrea: 11:13am On Aug 27, 2018
sambrow:

How much are you being paid for this? I want to believe you have conscience
He has sold it along with his E-BBQ

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by lozanni(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70649548:
Bless you sir.

This guy sef. Dont you normally have second thoughts about being a BMC member, given presented facts? angry

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2018
lozanni:

This guy sef. Dont you normally have second thoughts about being a BMC member, given presented facts? angry
For affordable websites design.
Call that Number above .
Nice day! wink
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by daveflow: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2018
The country is in a state that needs serious and urgent attention.
Please get your PVC and let's do the needful!!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by TinyHacker: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70649548:
Bless you sir.
This one will still give buhari bj even if he kills their father and mother

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by gurunlocker: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2018
PUSH1:

How would the so called infrastructure be put in place If they don’t borrow. It’s like waiting till Nigeria have enough money to build all the infrastructures at once. I wonder if your guys have brain at all or just follow whatever some useless politicians says.

I believe you have problem comprehending... Did I say they shouldn't borrow?

The question is are they using it for the right purpose or just sharing some and using the rest to work?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2018
TinyHacker:

This one will still give buhari bj even if he kills their father and mother
YOU ARE RIGHT dirty tin

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by blackpanda: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2018
of cos wailers will be quick to believe any silly trash

Ask yourself, if nigeria is really doing the wrong thing currently how come we have come out of recession, economy growing steadily, foreign reservesincreases and infrastructure projects keeps getting commissioned

Wailers and their stupidity sha

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by micflo28(m): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2018
post=70649548:
Bless you sir.
There goes another blind, mindless zombie. Your blind faith will mislead you

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by greatman247(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2018
Elukapendragon:
Buhari and debt are like beans and bread undecided

No be only Buhari govt borrowed such an amount. Nigeria been borrowing since even before APC. Politics and sentiments aside.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by mknigeriagreat: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2018
gurunlocker:

What do we have here?

When you are having debates(i don't argue) on social media platforms, you people should learn to avoid abuse and curses as you don't know who is on the other end. Back to the issue on ground, Nigeria is not a developed country as we both know. It is still a developing country and things are shaping out. We could have gone farther than this but no thanks to previous governments from 1960 till date. There is no single organization or government that is not owing but the question is what are you doing with the borrowed funds and how are you planning to reduce the amount you borrow subsequently? One thing that this administration has shifted to in terms of borrowing like the one they wanted to pick from the Chinese govt was for china to appointment key Chinese officials to closely supervise funds released to the Nigerian government on loan agreement which secures the fund as compared to what used to happen. My major worries is that the borrowed funds were stolen before that is why we can't pin point at significant things those funds were used for. Most of the projects you see now are fully funded on loans by Chinese companies with MOUs with the federal government. They don't release funds like before to miscreant that will siphon everything. That is why you are seeing few projects we can see now. With time things will change. AND POINT OF CORRECTION, I AM NOT DAFT AND DON'T USE THAT WORD ON ME AGAIN.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by vicmac09(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2018
HomeOfMe:
This man's teeth are always out. I've never seen him wearing a frown.
That's because you only have one picture
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by BiafraIShere(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2018
Peter Obi is merely stating the obvious, Nigeria has no future and with Buhari as president, it becomes an unmitigated disaster waiting to happen!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Ugosample(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
He should calm down. They are always full of negativity. Give solutions not alarms every-time. You want us to vote for you to come and chnage things isn't it? That's what all of you always say. This is USA debt for 2018.

you really want to compare U.S. debt with Nigeria 's debt

Are you serious? ?

The U.S. has the economic resilience to keep servicing their debt becsusethey have built an economy on a solid foundation
Nigeria on the other hand is accumulating what economists call "dead weight" debt
Nigeria 's economy is also built on a shaky foundation, susceptible to external shocks.
When that occurs, how do we cope

Not to talk about the crowding out as a consequence of high domestic borrowing and the effect it has in the private sector

And if care is not taken, our country will be in big soup in the next decade

So NEVER compare the debt profile or structure of America with that of a third world $hithole
The fundamentals are not the SAME

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Ugosample(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2018
PUSH1:

The question you should ask yourself is with all these heavy borrowings, what do we have on ground to show for it

We have an outdated yet overpriced scrap we call rail way projects
building substandard roads

And fuelling recurrent expenditure with a huge chunk of that money undecided

I no wan vex this morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by famosh: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2018
PUSH1:

My brother, I tire o! The wailers are actually brainless, so it's not their fault!
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Ugosample(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

When you are having debates(i don't argue) on social media platforms, you people should learn to avoid abuse and curses as you don't know who is on the other end. Back to the issue on ground, Nigeria is not a developed country as we both know. It is still a developing country and things are shaping out. We could have gone farther than this but no thanks to previous governments from 1960 till date. There is no single organization or government that is not owing but the question is what are you doing with the borrowed funds and how are you planning to reduce the amount you borrow subsequently? One thing that this administration has shifted to in terms of borrowing like the one they wanted to pick from the Chinese govt was for china to appointment key Chinese officials to closely supervise funds released to the Nigerian government on loan agreement which secures the fund as compared to what used to happen. My major worries is that the borrowed funds were stolen before that is why we can't pin point at significant things those funds were used for. Most of the projects you see now are fully funded on loans by Chinese companies with MOUs with the federal government. They don't release funds like before to miscreant that will siphon everything. That is why you are seeing few projects we can see now. With time things will change. AND POINT OF CORRECTION, I AM NOT DAFT AND DON'T USE THAT WORD ON ME AGAIN.

This govt has squandered a lot of money on substandard and ghost projects

Just like the govts before it.

Dealing with the Chinese who are unethical and ready to cheat us further is even a worse deal.

If I were the govt, id instead privatise the major highways and contribute a non contrition percentage to the completions of the project

That way I am less burdened with debt, my country will have functional highways, And I will have more energy and resources to face other things

But this is Nigeria undecided
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 27, 2018
the satanic recessionist has sunk Nigeria!

the redundant nomad is a gross waste of my vote!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima to Nigerians: Amid hardship, protest in a responsible and mature manner / Lawyers Ask Ayim To Apologise To Umahi Within Seven Days Or Face Legal Action / #WhySubsidyRemoval Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.