Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,424 members, 7,853,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt (16082 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Appreciates Support Over Appointment As NSA / N22.7trn Ways And Means: Crisis Brews In Reps Over $15m Executive Largesse / You’ve Lost Igbo Support Over 'Soaked Sliced Bread' Comment - SERG Tells Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by GetCofOProperty: 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
grin Indeed on life support with the huge debt and economic deficit!
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by xcrew20: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
post=70649548:
With Baba, we are on course......on the right path.
We believe in our PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
, he is clearing the mess he met on ground assiduously.
Bless you sir.
Now I know. 30k plus your alawee is a lot of money. Keep it up.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
All they know is to Borrow. The real Clueless
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by longerthroat(m): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Peter obi that converted Ikenna hotel (state hotel) to his own. tried converting Protea hotel (agulu lake) to his own. Peter obi Return ANIDS transport to the government before you come here to preach nonsense.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by longerthroat(m): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Peter obi that converted Ikega hotel (state hotel) to his own. tried converting Protea hotel (agulu lake) to his own. Peter obi Return ANIDS transport to the government before you come here to preach nonsense.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by djon78(m): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
PVision2020:

Now you're arguing constructively with facts not the beer parlour arguments you were doing before.
From what you quoted above, if you consider the average exchange rate between 2006-2015 (about 180#/1$) with the avg exchange rate between 2015-2018 (about 400#/1$), I.e simply put, compare the value of 100naira in 2006 to 2018. you'll realize that buhari is still more prudent compared to GEJ. Despite crude selling at record price and production at it peak, GEJ had no business borrowing that much, instead he should have added to the foreign reserves. GEJ depleted the reserve OBJ left behind, despite the fact that OBJ cleared our debt when crude was selling for less than 80$/barrel.
Okonjo Iweala was borrowing to pay salaries as at January 2015 despite overseeing a boom in oil prices less than a year ago, they saved nothing.

I don't support either of pdp or Apc, but Buhari's regime is still better than that of previous govt.
FACT.

And I am not holding brief for any of the past government but placing all the blame on them is not right.

It is high time things are done in a proper way. We cannot be running round in square circles. Time is running out for Nigeria in continuing with experiment. The other parts of the world are moving in a faster pace.
Some days ago people were rejoicing concerning Air Peace bringing in planes that have been overused by Emirates airline. I was just shaking my head.
We celebrate mediocre things while the rest of the world is advancing rapidly.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by chichar1(f): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
madamgrace:
Since Obiano dealt with this man he has never found his bearing.

Udom will do to Akpabio worse than what Obiano did to Peter Obi
bros peter obi is far more better than obiano
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by arusoncd(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Ugosample(m): 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
PVision2020:

Agreed, but revenue generation is not our "major" problem but the corruption in our revenue generating institutions, ever wonder how JAMB remmited 7.8billion revenue in a year, whereas 50m was remmited before in over 5years, same with FIRS, NIMASA, CUSTOMS, NNPC, NCC etc. If we should block the loopholes siphoning our common patrimony we'll be fine.
Also this govt has increased tax on some items and increased the tax basket. I know more can still be done but increasing the income tax of Nigerians still struggling with recession and poverty will be insensitive.

The solution to all the menace plaguing our nation is diversification of our economy and only fiscal restructuring will catalyse such process, as this will take the feeding bottles off the mouth of our greedy politicians and make them put on their thinking caps to explore other revenue generating frontiers aside oil.
Lastly, where we're today is the cumulative results on our actions and Inactions, so placing all the blame on buhari's table will be unjust. As a matter of fact I still maintain that he has so far "RELATIVELY" done better than the previous govt.

kicking that dullard out of aso rock is the first step towards restoring Nigeria

Replacing him with a lesser evil is necessary so that this man does not destroy Nigeria finally

Then after doing that, we will need to co operate with the next president too so that he can make impact
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by Ugosample(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
djon78:

And I am not holding brief for any of the past government but placing all the blame on them is not right.

It is high time things are done in a proper way. We cannot be running round in square circles. Time is running out for Nigeria in continuing with experiment. The other parts of the world are moving in a faster pace.
Some days ago people were rejoicing concerning Air Peace bringing in planes that have been overused by Emirates airline. I was just shaking my head.
We celebrate mediocre things while the rest of the world is advancing rapidly.

That guy you quoted no sabi anything

Buhari govt is NOT maintaining fuel price at N97 but 145 AND still subsidising fuel

Buhari's govt is taking full advantage of stamp duties provision, what has he done with that?

So many other blunders that i don't want to list here But still Nigerians hail him undecided

When he gave the impression that he has usurped the autonomy of Nigeria, naira went on a free fall.

When he tried capital controls, it fell even more

We experienced one of the worst capital flights and country in Africa has experienced in the new millennium, yet people still hail him.

Nigerians have died in their thousands under his watch

What ofthe numerous scandals of his govt or disobedience to court orders

He is lucky he still has a lot of media houses in his pocket, and a lot of brain dead people as followers

the list is endless, but since he still has a lot of followers, Nigeria deserves the leader they get.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by kotv: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
For Nigeria to grow, we need to remove North from every development part of our leadership. I still don't understand how least educated are the ones with crucial positions of this country. This is why we aren't progressing.
Re: Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt by justtoodark: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
and america is in 20trillion dollars debt.....duhhhh....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter / Court Acquits Teacher For Wrong Accused Of Stealing $110k By Donald Duke’s Wife / Babatunde Raji Fashola Casts His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.