Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Travel To Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Australia (2233 Views)

Important Changes To Australia Student Visa Requirements (2012) / Urgent Dilemma: British Army Job, Or Phd Scholarship To Australia? / Immigration To Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2010
I'm thinking about making a trip to Australia in December.

I'm a regular traveller but I am yet to venture to that part of the world and I don't believe there is any current info on Nairaland about Australia.

I'd like to find out from people if they are abreast of the current situation as regards visas and entry policies. I am currently doing my own personal research and will post my findings as they become available

Just to clear things up, I am not seeking to emigrate to Australia grin
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2010
Officially the Commonwealth of Australia, it is a country in the Southern Hemisphere comprising the mainland of the Australian continent (the world's smallest), the island of Tasmania and numerous smaller islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Neighbouring countries include Indonesia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the north, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia to the northeast and New Zealand to the southeast.

Population:
21,515,754 (July 2010 est.)

Religions:
Catholic 25.8%, Anglican 18.7%, Uniting Church 5.7%, Presbyterian and Reformed 3%, Eastern Orthodox 2.7%, other Christian 7.9%, Buddhist 2.1%, Muslim 1.7%, other 2.4%, unspecified 11.3%, none 18.7% (2006 Census)

Languages:
English 78.5%, Chinese 2.5%, Italian 1.6%, Greek 1.3%, Arabic 1.2%, Vietnamese 1%, other 8.2%, unspecified 5.7% (2006 Census)

Administrative divisions:
6 states and 2 territories*; Australian Capital Territory*, New South Wales, Northern Territory*, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia

Exchange rates:
Australian dollars (AUD) per US dollar - 1.2894 (2009), 1.2059 (2008), 1.2137 (2007), 1.3285 (2006), 1.3095 (2005)
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2010
The Australian Government does not provide visa services in Nigeria. The Australian High Commission in Nigeria does not have any staff trained in immigration or visa issues.

All visa applications are processed at the Australian High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa. All enquiries should be directed to the Australian High Commission in Pretoria, which can contacted by telephone on +27124236000. Phone enquiries can be made between 8:30am and 3:30pm Pretoria time.

In addition, the Australian High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa can be contacted via e-mail, at pretoria.nigeria@dfat.gov.au.

Visa forms can be downloaded from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2010
New arrangements for lodging visa applications in Nigeria took effect from 1 June 2010.

Applicants for Australian visas should submit their applications at a VFS Global office, the addresses of which are as follows:

Abuja
Address: Plot No. 42, Door No. 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Phone number: 09-8701519
Working hours: Submission – 8am to 3pm. Collection of passports – 10am to 3pm.

Ikeja
Address: No. 16, Billings Way, Ground and 1st Floor, Oregun Industrial Area, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone number: 09-8701519
Working hours: Submission – 8am to 3pm. Collection of passports – 10am to 3pm.

It is important to remember that all applications will continue to be assessed and decided by the visa and immigration office at the Australian High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa, in strict accordance with Australian immigration legislation and policy. VFS Global staff are not employees of the Australian Government and do not have any power to assess or decide applications.

For information on how to lodge a visa application, including in relation to application forms, checklists, fees and payment options, and average processing times, please refer to the website of VFSGlobal: http://vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
Each application must include the following:

Completed Visa application form
Photograph/s (not more than six months old)
Completed and signed checklist (click here)
Passport
Documents as listed on the checklist.
Bank pay in slip for applicable Visa fee
VFS administrative fee to be paid in cash at the VFS centre

The application after assessment by the Australian High Commission, Pretoria can be collected from the Application Centre where the application was submitted.
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2010
More to follow tomorrow

smiley
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2018
Mail me bro Ethan uyigue @gmail.com
Re: Travel To Australia by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hi house. Plz who can help me with genuine work and study in austrialia agency in Nigeria. .

(1) (Reply)

Uk visa delayed response:What do i do? / Living In Nigeria For A Year. / 10 Safest Countries In Africa 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.