Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? (771 Views)

Austin Eguavoen Quits After Qualifying Failure / Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today / Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by Rhydem: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
Eguavoen on standby for Lars

Posted: 2010-06-26 14:16

Austin Eguavoen will be handed the Super Eagles job if Lars Lagerback decides not to take up the extension he has been offered by the Nigeria Football Federation.

A top official told KickOffNigeria.com over the weekend that Lagerback informed the NFF that he will have a response to their offer in two weeks, after consulting with his family.

“We discussed with him and he promised to get back to us in two weeks. For now, he is going on holiday and needs to spend time with his family before making a decision.”

In the event that Lagerback turns down the offer, the official told KickOffNigeria.com that a process was already in place for a replacement.

“From the beginning, when we employed Lagerback and his assistants, the structure was put in place already in case something like this came up. So if Lagerback decides not to return, there is already a technical team in place headed by Austin Eguavoen to take charge of the team.

“We have a Nations Cup qualifier in early September and we do not have any time to waste searching for a new coach. We have confidence in the people who are there now, and we believe they can do a good job.”

Colin Udoh
What is wrong with the NFF, we are all shouting for Siasia what is so difficult do they not want our nation to succeed in world football?

It's a shame - even in England one guy who took his low rated Fulham team to final of UEFA (Europa) Cup is being linked with a job at Liverpool or even the England job. This is by merit due to his PAST success.
Re: Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by naso2(m): 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2010
Na God go punish all this NFF people. They think they can just toy with the future of this country abi? This will be the last straw that will break the camel's back.

Eguavon has done it before with limited success, then why bring him back? has he done anything exceptional between the last time and now? I swear this NFF GUYS DEY JOKE. IT IS NOT GOING TO BE A FOREIGN COACH THEN IT MUST BE SIASIA. SO AMOKACHI DON SABI BALL PASS SIASIA?
Re: Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
Abeg make Lagerback nor take up the 4 years extension offered by the NFF.

Although I would have preffered Siasia, Eguavoen is still okay and is definitely better than Lagerback.

Me thinks we should help Lagerback make up his mind and make sure he rejects the NFF 4yrs contract extension offer by sending him a few. . .you know cheesy grin
Re: Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:14am On Jun 28, 2010
Four more years of Lagerback is 4 more years of defensive football & formations. It is also 4 more years of Utaka, Etuhu(not old. . .just useless & pathetic), Yakubu, Shittu, Yobo, Afolabi and other tired legs instead of giving our budding U-17 and U-20 players a chance

We need to weed out all the old, expired & useless players and rebuild our team with the likes of Ramon Azeez, Victor Anichebe, Sanni Emmanuel, Fortune Chukwudi, Abduljeleel Ajagun, Obiora Nwankwo, Obot Edet, Rabiu Ibrahim, Ibrahim Mustapha, Alex Nkume, Gabriel Rueben, Solomon Okpako, Nurudeen Orelesi  etc mixed with some of the better players from the present team and we're better off doing it with Samson Siasia

If anything Germany's victory over England has shown that youth is the way to go.
Re: Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by Rhydem: 12:16am On Jun 28, 2010
This backward forward backward approach has to stop. I can just imagine conversation of NFF:

Lulu: O Boy, Nations cup now soon approach and we need new coach. If i could sef, I would hire myself as coach and sit there and chop money while i dey still use boys from world cup 2010 sha, say I no go win nations cup with team that go play in europe?

Assistant: Ho Ho Ho, Lulu you funny guy. But in all seriousness, I have been doing some research and the olympics team coached by a (checks notebook),  Samson Si,

Lulu: (His face turns from happy to anger) If you wan keep job, NEVER EVER say that name in this place again, you hear. How can you suggest that a guy who wants this nation, Nigeria, to progress, let me tell you something Nigeria is not about progression O - listen, you hear that, that be GENERATOR, since tipe-tipe we still use this one for light. Imagine suggesting a guy who don't want me to chop from salary, please just thinking about this one just go give me hypertension. Progression? Leave me out of that one O, I don't want to be the one responsible for this progression in Nigeria abeg.

Assistant: I'm sorry Sir, it was silly of me to even suggest him - then I can only see two candidates, we have used them before and they did OKAY they probably won't win anything Just make sure you set them silly target like win Aluminium award of CAN then we can sack them later and i'm sure they will allow you chop 20% even 50% sef of their money. If they surpass their target and win the entire competition simply say they were rubbish it always works believe me then you can sack them and hire oyinbo coach where we now can chop big money provided by FIFA!!!!

Lulu: Who are these guys, they sound like my kind of people.

Assistant: Eguavoen and Amodu sir.

Lulu: Ah-Ah, I'm so silly, how could I forgot my two muppet family members you say chop 50% I will chop 75% from Amodu atleast man na fool. Pass me phonebook let me phone them, it has been a while.
Re: Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by komekn(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2010
semid4lyfe,

Is the issue really age consider how old is Lucio, Robinho, Drogba and Kole Toure the German's Cacau & Klose and French forward line Anelka/ Cisse/ Henri all these guys are the wrong side of 28 + or over 30, if we look at the ever so impressive Brazilians Maicon, Kaka, Grafite and Fabiano all fall into the same age bracket.

Youth is definitely not all, my objective opinion is that we the Eagles did well considering the abysmal preparations and NFF corrupted selection process, Lagerback essentially had this team for 3 weeks, the same NFF process manipulated Anichebe out of camp and selection.

Against Greece we were curtailed by the red card two injuries at left back and a consequent two forced substitutions and an unjustified goal ( FIFA rules require immediate game stoppage when a player has a head injury) otherwise 10 man eagles could still have beaten Greece. South Korea we tried but it just was not to be, not taking our chances, etc.

Your remedy does not work, we know that our U17 are not under 17 and also our U21 the same thing, Fortune Chukwudi, Abduljeleel Ajagun, are closer to under 30 and have most likely already peaked. Consider how old was Yekini when he was performing well.

The problem is more about cloak and dagger internal politics motivated by corruption and greed personified in the NFF and impacted on our national teams.

My choice of coach/ manager the uncompromising honest as well as patriotic and FIFA certified Sunday Oliseh.
Re: Eguavoen Again?! Tori O Lan Why? by chidichris(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2010
my fear is that two persons in nigeria specialized in super eagles coaching. they are either working as super eagles coach or they are not working.
it is a shame that eguavon and amodu have made themselves available as destruction tools for the eagles.
how come all these while real madrid, inter milan, liverpool, fulham, england national team, ivory coast national team and other clubs and countries looking for coaches, amodu and eguavon never applied in any case?
cld it be possible that they only training they recieved in coaching school was how to coach nigerian super eagles?

(1) (Reply)

Plese Help-for Football Bettors / The Olympic Or The World Cup, Which Attracts More Audience From Africa? / I Was Asked To Pay Bribes If I Wanted To Represent Nigeria @ The Olympics - Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.