Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,557 members, 7,865,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government (7799 Views)

Fayose Mocks Buhari Over 'Free And Fair Election' Statement By Buhari / Collection Rate Of PVCs: State By State Breakdown (Photos) / Borno-based Man and His Predictions Of 2019 Presidential Election state by state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by israelmao(m): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
congratulations
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by murphyibiam15(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
NobleRomm:
Enugu is still young like this with all this development... that's great

had it been Nigeria as a country is as developed as this when she was 27..den by now America for no they see our back..
don't be deceived..Enugu capital is as old as calabar and Lagos is just Enugu as a state that's 27

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by bluefilm: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
pxjosh:
Not at all. My parents still dey exchange love letters by that time grin

Chai, you be small boy true true.
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by HillsBlaze(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
Sinach0191:
So Enugu is not even old sef
The state is being celebrated not the city... The city is over 100yrs

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by scantee(m): 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
My lovely state, proudly 042 son
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by pxjosh(m): 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
bluefilm:

Chai, you be small boy true true.

Lol silver jubilee don dey use style wait for me few months away grin
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by thatigboman: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
IkwereBuIgbo:
27 or 60 years.
enugu city is the capital of old anambra state. The city was where Mr Harcourt, a colonial master exported coal from to a port he created by the atlantic. Later renamed Port Harcourt. Enugu city should be like 200 years old.
Enugu state was carved out 27 years ago with Enugu city retaibed as the capital. And awka was made the capital of the new anambra state.
So there is a clear difference btw enugu city and enugu state. Just like there is difference btw kaduna city and kaduna state, kano city and kano state, nassarawa town and nassarawa state. And lagos city (former federal capital of nigeria) and lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by VALENTINEBRAND: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
Babygiwa:
Enugu State @ 27

Ndi Enugu,

On the historic occasion of the 27th Anniversary of the creation of Enugu State today, we wish to sincerely express our profound joy and gratitude to the God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob and the awesome God of David for the journey so far.

We thank Ndi Enugu, the true heroes of democracy for the mandate they graciously gave to us to pilot the affairs of the state, and for their continued support, solidarity and unceasing prayers, which have brought peace and good governance to the state.

We also appreciate the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, the Vice President, His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, and other leaders in the country for their commitment towards the development of Enugu State.

We acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of the past leaders and founding fathers of Enugu State, including those of blessed memory, who through their vision, industry and tenacity saw to the creation and growth of the state.

Our gratitude equally goes to all stakeholders of Enugu State - past and serving members of the National and State Assemblies, National and State Executive Council members, the Judiciary, Local Government Chairmen, the Clergy, our revered Royal Fathers, elders of Enugu State, and others - who have been collectively working for the peace and progress of the state.

We reassure Ndi Enugu of our firm resolve to continue to serve them with the fear of God and to deliver on our campaign promises as well as ensure peace, prosperity and security of the state.

Enugu State is in the hands of God.

Dr. G.O.C Ajah, mni
Secretary to the Enugu State Government
27/08/2018

Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by Oluwaseyi456(m): 12:09am On Aug 28, 2018
Also Yobe state
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by NeekeyBrainz(m): 1:45am On Aug 28, 2018
I am not understanding this age ooo.
My father said he was born in Enugu, and now I his son is over 30years.
So how Enugu take be 27years again?
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by Ghostnick: 8:21am On Aug 28, 2018
Bro are you an igbo manif you are ask your parent about it ENUGU was the capital of great ANAMBRA STATE but was later stand as a state of it's own on the year 1991 but the name ENUGU is 107 or 109 years old,,IGBOAMAKA
talktrue1:
Last time they celebrated centenary, and now they are celebrating 27.
Enugu state is not a new state, they only created a state out of it
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by jossy4elated(f): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70666321:
Happy birthday to Enugu state .

Let's find out what other states were ''born" the same day......
Kogi State but nothing to write home about

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by thatigboman: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2018
NeekeyBrainz:
I am not understanding this age ooo.
My father said he was born in Enugu, and now I his son is over 30years.
So how Enugu take be 27years again?
enugu city is different from enugu state
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2018
jossy4elated:
Kogi State but nothing to write home about
Thanks sis.
We pray they vote for whoever can make the state better.
It's all about having a good leader!
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by calliope(f): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2018
And what have they to show forth that asides the University town? Nothing.
Re: Enugu State Is 27 Today. Read Statement By State Government by bluefilm: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2018
pxjosh:
Lol silver jubilee don dey use style wait for me few months away grin

Enjoy. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Victory: Is INEC On The Path Of Glory Again? - Segun Showunmi / APC Leading In Lagos With A Landslide / External Reserves Fall By $1.8bn In 10 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.