Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

The Value Of Health Insurance - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Value Of Health Insurance (8275 Views)

College Of Health Science And Technology Nguru,yobe State / Anambra Lists 100 Hospitals For State Health Insurance Scheme / Bad Condition Of Health Clinic In Ipokia LGA In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by joseph98(m): 12:21am On Dec 19, 2018
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hi all!!

HEALTH INSURANCE - A MUST FOR ALL

It's now 4 days to Christmas and 11 days to The New Year. As we expect a great end to 2018 and a great start to 2019,
Please consider the necessity of possessing cover over your health. Cover has now been made easy with monthly,
quarterly or yearly payments.

No one is left out.

May the Almighty God bring us all across to 2019 and make 2019 trouble free and disease free for all!!

rgds...

Gbenga

grin cool
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
Dear Esteemed Readers,

I apologize for the lull in activities on this thread. Its been due to the need to plan ahead activities for the year.

In the space of time between the last post and now i had a call from a reader interested in procuring health insurance
in Warri. While i wanted him to purchase his family insurance through HMO 004 (Healthcare International), he chose
to go with the Delta State Health Insurance scheme, which was slightly cheaper.

In my next post, i will delve into the differences between public and privately promoted Health Insurance and why
private HMO plans are still better if you can afford them.

Suffice it to say here that the benefits and need to buy private HMO Plans are also similar to the benefits and need to study
at a private University instead of a Government owned one. Obviously here are pros and cons depending on a case by case analysis.

Have a lovely week ahead and do keep a lookout for next posts.

Gbenga
cheesy grin cool
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 2:05am On Feb 17, 2019
Please find below my thoughts on the relevance and pricing of Public efforts at universal Health coverage
viz the business of private Managed care using pricing at mu disposal.

Comparison of primary care through Lagos State Health Scheme and
HMO 004 (Healthcare International) Titanium Basic Plan

Medicare at the primary care level

LSHS (Individual Premium N8,500)

Assumes no admission – Outpatient care only
Assumes uncomplicated cases
Will have a large patient traffic at their providers
You can’t change hospitals at less than 6 months of first use
Registration takes 35 days for LSHS viz 14 days for Healthcare International Enrollment
Service domiciled to Lagos State
Accident related emergencies not catered for in LSHS
Optical Care is entirely missing in LSHS.

HCI Titanium Basic Plan (Individual Premium N12,500)

You can roam over 500 hospitals in case of emergencies Nationwide
Better Customer service 24/7 via call centre
Children counted up to age 21 not 18.
Administration is less cumbersome because of limited number of clients.
Pertinent ancillary investigations is limited in LSHS but fully provided in HCI Basic plan
Accident cover is nationwide for HCI Tit Basic
Medicare is still being managed by HMO’s under better package than in LSHS.

You will get what you pay for. Either you get personalised care Nationwide or domiciled public care within Lagos State.

The downside to HCI Titanium Basic Plan is the non-inclusion of Maternity care except when underwritten.

Extra N4,000 spent will result in better customer satisfaction. I believe that Managed Care is ideal for the
enlightened lower, middle and upper classes of society who value their health and want the best expertise
available at minimal and managed cost.

The vast majority of the lower class, who are price sensitive would however be best served by a public venture.

HMO 004 is however at the forefront of provision of Healthcare whether privately or publicly as it is the State Governments
choice to dispense services of LSHS in four local governments of Ikorodu, Epe, Eti-Osa and Ibeju-Lekki.

It is clear that as the State Government seeks Universal coverage, you will best be served by an organisation, trusted enough
to be handed this responsibility.

I remain available for inquiries and any queries.

Get on track for a Healthy and Abundant life.

Gbenga
kiss cool grin
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 2:38am On Feb 17, 2019
YOUR SACRED DUTY TO VOTE IN A GOVERNMENT THAT WILL ENSURE UNIVERSAL AND UN-BELEAGUERED HEALTH COVERAGE

Many State Governments are now pursuing Universal Health coverage by starting State initiated
Health Schemes. Lagos State for over two years ran a pilot scheme and tested all features of their
scheme at Alimosho Local Government, being the largest local Government in Lagos before launching
on December 17th, 2018.

Now this is a State Government that means well for its populace, and if not for the infractions of the Governor,
would have returned to power for a second term. However the legacies of the government should not be swept
away or mismanaged. It is the sacred responsibility of each eligible voter to come out on the 23rd February, 2019
and vote for candidates of their choice that they expect will keep the legacy going. The ongoing project is too
important to be scuttled or mismanaged.

In the same vein, the flaws of the Nigerian NHIS will be best counteracted and the process enhanced if we have
a leader not solely interested in personal political career at the detriment of loss of Nigerian lives either on the
political scene or through an inefficient Health system.

Do the right thing, vote in leaders come February 23rd and March 9th, 2019 that will keep the process of revamping
our Health sector alive and self-evolving. On my part, I will vote for the same party I voted for in 2015 to keep
the system running.

Kudos to Dr Idris (State Commissioner of Health) and his team.

February 23rd, 2019 #Healthmatters, #Nigerianlivesmatter

Gbenga
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
Qualities of good HMO CLIENT.

What sort of person would take a Health Insurance plan.

From my experience, a diversity:

From members of vocational associations such as NURTW, NATA,
MOMTAN, CO-OP Societies, Students, the advanced in age, youths and middle aged people.
They come from different tribes and strata of society, but what
marks them apart are :

1. A healthy respect for the efficacy of Western Medicine
2. Prudence that makes them see the expense of the premium as small comapred to the benefits accruable.
3. A healthy care over their health
4. A perception that prevention is better than cure
5. An amibience of a wealthy mindset that pervades every facet of their lives.
6. A penchant for discerning fidelity wherever it is found.

Now these qualities would be found to be a common denominator regardless of HMO
in question. These qualities have very little to do with level of education or wealth of client.

The discerning buy Health Insurance.

Feel free to join that group if not already there.

Please feel free to join our group.

cry cheesy grin

Gbenga
Healthcare International Nigeria Ltd.(HMO 004)
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 12:11am On May 31, 2019
Objections to buying a Health Insurance Plan (1).

I dont need it. I dont fall ill

Most people dont fall ill often, but most will have a major health issue at least once in their adulthood and most would have been afflicted with childhood illnesses whilst still children.

Many who present at a health outreach and were diagnosed with hypertension never knew they had the illness.

Many illnesses have sublimed symptoms, so there are no pains, or the pains are manageable. A Doctor during one of our Health Forums once said that absence of pain in some cases means that the ailment has progressed too far and the nerves no longer carry the message to the brain as for example in burns.

Let us take an example of fire accidents. What is the assurance that you will be so careful that you can avoid pouring hot oil on your body? This accident can even happen at home regardless of your being the one cooking or not. The reason why a householder would do well to protect his home from a fire incident is the same reason you should protect your health and that of you family members to the fullest extent you can.

Saying your faith would be compromised if you are a Christian, is tantamount to disbelieving the existence of the Devil. The Bible says Flee every appearance of evil and Flee youthful lusts. If there was no need to defend yourself against the Devil, that command would not be necessary. Evil can happen and you need to be protected. Prayer helps, faith does even more, but it helps to prevent unnecessary exposure

If you will buy vehicle insurance because it is the Law, you need to also buy Health Insurance, because it is now the law. By Lagos State statutory Laws, you must possess one of three health insurance schemes viz: The Federal NHIS, The State LSHS or private HMO Plans.

For most purposes, the state covers basically primary care, The Federal covers from primary to Tertiary care but ideally does best catering for Tertiary care while the Private HMO plans cover primary and secondary care very well and would also cater for Tertiary care for a slightly higher bill than Federal.

If you can afford an HMO plan, then go for it as you will get better client service from a satisfied provider hospital which knows it is not exposed to non payment of charges, if they should commence treatment.

What Health Insurance does is to limit exposure of all parties:

The Client wants to oay reduced bills if (s)he is at any time exposed to health challenges and also limit exposure to Medical Challenges when not financially liquid.

The Hospital wants to know it will receive payments and reduce non compliance to Hippocratic oath if they have to refuse care to an emergency case presenting without capacity to pay bills

The HMO wants to be assured that it will not be exposed to undue risks by averaging all likely bills and charging appropriately, thus charging higher than Federal or State rates.

Let no challenge or barrier keep you from buying an HMO Plan. Do not let carelessness predispose you to exposure to excessive billing by paying out of pocket for your next medical challenge.

You can start now by purchasing a Titanium Klassic individual plan for N30,000 per annum or Klassic Family plan for N125,000 per annum from HCI Healthcare Nigeria Limited.

Contact me once you are ready.

Gbenga
HCI Healthcare Nigeria Limited (HMO 004)
08178362213, 08033770019
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 10:24pm On May 31, 2019
Objections to buying a Health Insurance Plan (2).

I cant afford the cost and I am too poor.

I am too poor is more easy to understand than I cant afford Health Insurance. No one can afford the cost nor the disturbance caused by a major Health Challenge, so the issue of affordability is not really one of money but of prudence. If you know or can reasonably suspect vulnerability to any illness, then saying you cannot afford a plan that will reduce your financial exposure implies lack of financial prudence.

I am too poor implies that at any cost, you will not be interested in purchasing a plan. One will assume that such people earn below N30,000 a month. Such people would be faced with the prospect of permanent disability or even death should they be faced with severe health challenge.

Such people are best advised to borrow or get a loan from friends who would be burdened by their illness were it to occur and purchase the least expensive of Health Insurance plans from the Federal NHIS or State schemes. Lagos State scheme sells for N8,000 while NHIS i believe sells for N15,000. HCI Healthcare Nigeria Ltd. Has a Plan - Titanium Basic that sells for N15,000.

One of the justifications they can give for the expense is the fact that the cost off protection is far less than any outlay on actual cost or danger of possible death, burial or other costs that would be defrayed by their benefactors.

If you have any relative, close friend or dependants whose health exposure could result in large financial outlays by you, then your best alternative is to purchase a plan that will defray all or most of initial costs that would accompany onset of Health Challenges.

If however you earn at least N30,000 per month, you can afford Health Insurance. A cost of N15,000 can be defrayed over 12 months at no more than N1,500 a month. Stating lack of affordability with this income level shows lack of prudence as a case of Malaria that defies early self medication can result in an expense of a month’s salary, while buying a Health Insurance plan costs half of a months salary over a one year period.

Lets kick ignorance out! Lets kick Carelessness out

You can afford Health Insurance products. Just work out a suitable plan.

Call me when you have made a decision.

Gbenga
HCI Healthcare Nigeria Limited

1 Like

Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
Objections to buying a Health Insurance Plan (3).

I would buy later

The problem in this case is the prioritisation of Health Insurance costs as against other competing needs. Every responsible head of family; usually responsible for meeting most of the communal needs, has to delicately balance all competing needs that require cash outlays.
Balancing all needs implies having a scale of preference that allots preferential consideration to each need above other competing needs. This virtual arrangement reflects individual preferences and explains why a man of less means may buy a product that someone of adequate means considers expensive.

The necessity of protecting yourself with Health Insurance at the earliest opportunity arises from the fact that tragedy strikes not according to culpability but indiscriminately and as such strikes at random.

Buying a Health Insurance plan requires the same alacrity with which one should approach buying Life Insurance, because as the say Shit Happens. Death comes calling and does not discriminate in terms of age, wealth, social standing, and success or otherwise.

In the case of Health Insurance, protection is offered against not death, but something of similar importance, temporary or permanent physical or financial disability. In this case it involves inability to cater for costs arising from ill health occurring suddenly.

Apart from this suddenly occurring disturbance, there is the provision of the convenience of checkmating serious illness by presenting at a Healthcare Provider and obtaining accurate diagnosis and early cure.

Health Insurance should rank equal in immediate fulfilment to Education, Transport, Housing or any other financial heads in consideration at the start of the year even if it is usually neglected though costing much less.

Health Insurance firms have made the going easier with instalment payment plans that help spread costs over the year, so the lethargy to act is overcome.

At HCI Healthcare, we care so much for our clients, that we have designed quarterly instalment payments, such that our Titanium Compact Family plan which costs N100,000 can be bought at N28,700 per quarter. This removes the need for a large initial outlay.

Similar instalment plans are available for all our products

Acting promptly removes the need for regret at not being prepared against the onset of major illness.

Lets kick out procrastination!

Buy that affordable and suitable Plan today.

Call: 08178362213, 08033770019 Gbenga (HCI Healthcare Nigeria Limited)
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2019
I have a family doctor.

My write ups in the last three posts have been tilted towards providing answers to objections raised by many once they are pitched for sign on or enrolment for specific plans provided by HMOs.
The fourth in the series answers the basic objection I have a Family Doctor implying a form of retainer arrangement with a specific hospital or Doctor. This retainer agreement may be implicit or specific.

However this arrangement is deficient in the sense that it relies on the expertise of one man who is only as good as long as he is not tested beyond measure. In most cases, these providers are basically comprised of one man settings where the Medical Director is the all in all in terms of authority and direction.

Managed Healthcare or HMO business is hinged on balanced views and provisions of broad based services with the right to a second opinion sacrosanct. This gives better services and value for money.

Also a family doctor assumes a localisation of care with the service point being a single hospital. With an HMO Plan, enrolees are protected in situations of emergency all over the country. There is always a good quality provider on the network nearby.

The rapport between a good client and a retainer usually works more towards the favour of the provider. (S)He usually charges according to estimation and close knowledge of clients net worth. With an HMO, there are tariffs for most medical procedures and as such room for arbitrariness is limited.

The Benefits of a family Doctor relationship can still be maintained if you buy an HMO plan and stick to a single good hospital where quality services are rendered. With time, you will get to know most of the Doctors and friendly relationship will be built. Digital records will ensure that case history is not lost on any Doctor.

Not the least reason is the fact that most one man practices lack adequate control over investigations carried out outside their premises. An HMO plan ensures that a diagnostic Laboratory that has been attested to for quality will be the referral point such that cases of misdiagnosis are few and far between.

Judging by the reasons stated above, the best options for the discerning public is to purchase an HMO plan being run by their family Doctor or maintain both a retainer relationship and an HMO cover or strictly depend on an HMO to provide sole cover.

If you desire to be treated by exclusive practitioners, then purchase a plan for High Networth individuals. HCI Healthcare Nigeria Limited has the Deluxe, Royal and Royal Plus Plans for you to choose from.

Join our network

Be enrolled on a suitable plan of HCI Healthcare Nigeria Limited.

Gbenga
08033770019, 08178362213
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 12:12am On Jul 05, 2019
I believe in Natural / Traditional Medicine

This objection is usually raised by those who either have an aversion to scientific procedures / methods or believe strongly that there are lapses in the efficacy of Modern medicine.

As we all know, all Medicine is Modern / scientific / Synthesized or Natural / Traditional. Medicines are those Chemical products that exist naturally or are synthesized / processed with the aim of being used to resolve health issues.

The Scientific Method of enquiry governs the production of Modern Medicines and care is taken to test and discover effects or side effects of these drugs on intended users. As metabolism of intended users sometimes differs, it is necessary to test all alternatives. This critical factor of non regulation is the bane of Traditional or Natural Medicine. As such success stories touted by natural Medicine practitioners may not necessarily be duplicated in other users.

Most traditional medicines thrive on belief in Traditional Religious practices and faith in its efficacy. Since this does not lend itself to the scientific process, Traditional medicines may be outside the purview of Doctors trained in Modern Medicine.

The bedrock of Health Insurance is reliance on the professional expertise of modern trained medical practitioners; as such traditional medicines are not included in the means available for application to those covered by Health Insurance plans. Also Natural / Traditional medicines do not lend their use to coverage by Health Insurance or other forms of insurance aimed at mitigating risks as risks cannot be accurately determined.

It is easy to discountenance failures in treatment using Traditional medicines as records are usually not available, while for modern medicines, records are kept and regularly referred to in order to improve on efficacy through new dosages or combinations.
As it is unwise to mix utilising both forms of Medicines, it will be necessary to suspend use of natural medicines for those who wish to be covered by Health Insurance. Both means of treatment have advantages and disadvantages and as such, under the supervision of a qualified and competent medical practitioner, Modern medicines have a great chance of providing relief.

In cases where either has failed, the general public is at liberty to rely on the alternative, but for those wishing to be protected by a Health cover, recourse must always be to Modern Medicine.

Join the league of those covered by Health Plans provided by HMO 004.

Gbenga (08178362213, 08033770019)
HCI Healthcare Nigeria Ltd. (Healthcare International) HMO 004
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 12:01am On Oct 13, 2019
shocked cool grin
dear nairalanders,

Hope my posts have been useful in making up your minds about purchasing Health plans and enrolling with HMO 004, HCI Healthcare #HCI#, and also enlightening you about value and benefits of Health Insurance cover.

Please tune in to Safety Train on Lagos Traffic Radio 96.1 FM every Tuesday at 4.30 pm to learn more about health issues and efforts by HCI Healthcare to provide Health Insurance to as wide a variety of Nigerians as possible.

Also visit and like our page .https://web.facebook.com/HealthcareintlHMO/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Please feel free to reach me once your mind is made up about purchasing Health Insurance from HMO 004.

Remain Healthy.

Gbenga
08178362213, 08033770019.
pedikonsult123@gmail.com
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

Good pm.

We are getting close to the end of another year.

This year hss been quite eventful and for me a blessing in that my posts have started to yield real engagements.

Readers of my posts have responded albeit privately with one purchasing a family plan for N100,000. Its not the monetary value but the impact that gladdens my heart.

I will invite him to testify soon of benefits of engsgement.

Please copy link to the posts and share with friends to increase readership.

Do have an enjoyable time planning for next year as we go to the tale end of this year.

Do you have a health plan running?

HMO 004 HCI Healthcare is your best choice

Do enjoy the rest of your day.

Gbenga
08178362213, 08033770019
pedikonsult123@gmail.com
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 1:03am On Apr 13, 2020
Hi Nairalanders, shocked

Great to reach you once again through this medium. Hope that 2020 has proved to be a great year thus far. Now that the whole world is in holiday mode albeit with underlying dangers lurking, it's obvious that everyone is getting to take better care of their health e.g.. by staying at home or learning more about how they can.

I hope to be able to take a break from my holiday to make up for lost time in getting you up to speed about how Health Insurance, especially as delivered by HMO's can alleviate your concerns about getting access to prompt, effective and efficient healthcare.

So here goes:

Stay connected, share this topic and stay safe.

grin
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 1:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Increasing enrollment under Universal Health Coverage in Nigeria

This article is a reaction to comments made by Prof. Babalola, The President of the Guild of Medical Directors Nigeria on Sunday 12th April, 2020 on TV, that the best way to increase coverage into the various health schemes in Nigeria would be to harness database (records) of private healthcare institutions clients.

The current enrollment rate of 3% of population would imply a figure of about 6 million enrollees, This amount can be corroborated by HMCAN ( HMO association ) as they coordinate management of NHIS, state and private health schemes. This leaves the vast majority without basic protection if they are cash strapped when health crisis strikes.

Prior to the launch of NHIS on 5 June 2005, the bulk of hospital clients visited primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare providers mostly when initial attempts at managing health issues fail to work. As such, there was a large dormant proportion of people on the database of hospitals who never attended or presented in a whole year.

HMOs canvassed organisations and associations and Governments earnestly, and they were able to ramp up a good number of dormant accounts. However the number is just a fraction of total number of people who would as first course or ever at all seek help from Western medical practice.

Most medical practices would agree that there exist on their records approximately 4/5 of their clients who have not attended in a year. This category should be the focus of the next effort at an exponential growth in coverage in Nigeria.

The following steps can be taken

1. Secure the cooperation of Medical Directors to collate database of all dormant clients not under any health scheme providing details such as individual or Family names, phone numbers and Emails.
2. Hold video presentations to be run by HMOs supplemented by their materials and representatives, funded by HMOs at event or public centres in the vicinity of these hospitals.
3. Carry out massive enrollments.
4. Encourage the capitation system that assures that a base fund will be generated for participating providers from the pool of funds made available
5. Encourage installment payments no smaller than quarterly.
6. Each hospital to harness the available presence of CDA’s, Residents associations, informal sector associations such as Taxi Drivers and Market women,
7. Hospitals should be segregated on basis of GPs on duty or call, Specialists visiting or resident, Medical Equipment available, Bed Spaces and Lab facilities available.

This is a win-win situation for the Guild of Medical Directors as they will

1. Increase income from dormant segment of their clientele.
2. Increase client attendances from that segment
3. Provide a base projected income that will allow for planning of resources- human and otherwise.

On the part of HMO’s, we will be glad to have access to that database and am sure that all participating HMO’s would do all in their power to increase the number of their enrollees.

Nairaland Medical Practitioners can get their Directors involved in this push and I would be glad to receive enquiries on how the process can be facilitated until it becomes a success.

Stay Safe. shocked Stay free from COVID-19 cool Stay at home grin Stay active. smiley
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
kiuninaija:
Increasing enrollment under Universal Health Coverage in Nigeria

This article is a reaction to comments made by Prof. Babalola, The President of the Guild of Medical Directors Nigeria on Sunday 12th April, 2020 on TV, that the best way to increase coverage into the various health schemes in Nigeria would be to harness database (records) of private healthcare institutions clients.

The current enrollment rate of 3% of population would imply a figure of about 6 million enrollees, This amount can be corroborated by HMCAN ( HMO association ) as they coordinate management of NHIS, state and private health schemes. This leaves the vast majority without basic protection if they are cash strapped when health crisis strikes.

Prior to the launch of NHIS on 5 June 2005, the bulk of hospital clients visited primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare providers mostly when initial attempts at managing health issues fail to work. As such, there was a large dormant proportion of people on the database of hospitals who never attended or presented in a whole year.

HMOs canvassed organisations and associations and Governments earnestly, and they were able to ramp up a good number of dormant accounts. However the number is just a fraction of total number of people who would as first course or ever at all seek help from Western medical practice.

Most medical practices would agree that there exist on their records approximately 4/5 of their clients who have not attended in a year. This category should be the focus of the next effort at an exponential growth in coverage in Nigeria.

The following steps can be taken

1. Secure the cooperation of Medical Directors to collate database of all dormant clients not under any health scheme providing details such as individual or Family names, phone numbers and Emails.
2. Hold video presentations to be run by HMOs supplemented by their materials and representatives, funded by HMOs at event or public centres in the vicinity of these hospitals.
3. Carry out massive enrollments.
4. Encourage the capitation system that assures that a base fund will be generated for participating providers from the pool of funds made available
5. Encourage installment payments no smaller than quarterly.
6. Each hospital to harness the available presence of CDA’s, Residents associations, informal sector associations such as Taxi Drivers and Market women,
7. Hospitals should be segregated on basis of GPs on duty or call, Specialists visiting or resident, Medical Equipment available, Bed Spaces and Lab facilities available.

This is a win-win situation for the Guild of Medical Directors as they will

1. Increase income from dormant segment of their clientele.
2. Increase client attendances from that segment
3. Provide a base projected income that will allow for planning of resources- human and otherwise.

On the part of HMO’s, we will be glad to have access to that database and am sure that all participating HMO’s would do all in their power to increase the number of their enrollees.

Nairaland Medical Practitioners can get their Directors involved in this push and I would be glad to receive enquiries on how the process can be facilitated until it becomes a success.

Stay Safe. shocked Stay free from COVID-19 cool Stay at home grin Stay active. smiley

Still related to post above, I would be grateful for links through Nairalanders who are Pharmacists, Nurses, Doctors or Lab Scientists to their Medical Directors to work on their client records to convert their dormant clients into a stream of income.

All it needs is the proven quality of care available at their facility and adequate Marketing skill to convince the wary clients to take better care of their health. Al this at minimal cost.

Gbenga
08178362213, 08033770019
pedikonsult123@gmail.com
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 1:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Please check profile on Twitter @agadelanwa.
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Good evening.

Hope you have been keeping safe in this era of Covid 19.

The pandemic has exposed the weaknesses of our Health System. Some Doctors have turned their backs to the plight of the sick and dying. They have closed shop and shown that they only have face value allegiance to the Hippocratic Oath.

What is the role of HMOs handling Health Insurance in this era?

1. Maintain Health Insurance cover of clients

2. Ensure 24/7 access to care through adequate Health Insurance plans especially in emergencies

3. Encourage their Providers to ensure Safety and Hygiene of non Covid 19 clients visiting their facilities

4. Ensure that HMO Clients are kept informed of developments concerning Covid 19 and preventive measures

5. Ensure that HMO clients infected with Covid 19 are closely followed up till recovery

6. Support the Government in sensitizing their clients through joint efforts by HMCAN, the umbrella body.

HCI Healthcare, the HMO I represent can be relied upon to keep to all these responsibilities and as such can be relied upon to always provide cover.

The current crisis demands that collective effort be geared towards fighting this pandemic while each and every person abides by new responsibilities brought about by the Virus.

Have a great night. grin shocked

Gbenga Adelanwa
08178362213, 08033770019
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by Ukprosper: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2020
Actually, insurance should be encouraged at every sector of Nigeria's economy, public and private.
Take for instance, I am a medical personnel and I can say that insurance would greatly enhance health care delivery in Nigeria. It would be a long story, but health insurance would reduce the number of deaths due to lack of money for health care.
Health insurance in Nigeria also has its own challenges that has made it difficult for people to participate, even for other insurance policies like life, car, housing and mortgage, etc.

But for now, here is a complete list of insurance companies in Nigeria and their coverage.
Top among the list are AIICO, Leadway, AXA Mansard, Custodian and Allied, Cornerstone, etc

Complete List of Insurance Companies in Nigeria
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by Williboss(m): 11:27am On Nov 02, 2020
I think that a health plan by a National HMO will ease any worries in that direction. Most HMO’s although headquartered in a city will have branches and agencies all through the length and breadth of the country. This gives you the ability to make use of Hospitals in case of emergencies in any major town or city Nationwide. Is therapy covered by insurance? I want to buy one because it is more comfortable and in this way you save a lot of money.
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Good afternoon all.

Quite some time since i last posted. Been busy with Business Reporting and Daily activities.

I would like to commend the efforts of the national Task Force set up by President Buhari, ably led by SFG Boss Mustapha at curbing the COVID 19 pandemic. Their efforts have largely been successful considering our population size and city densities. Our death count compared to South Africa with lesser National Statistics is quite low and shows the resilience of our Health Authorities and the system. Mandated mask wear and social distancing rules which were kept by many also aided the process.

We would however do well to keep up the basics of care till mid next year when Vaccines would have become available and treatment outcomes even better. We would need the Task Force on Standby with weekly updates from January till June 2021

Critical to well being is the level of assurance and comfort provided by an Health Insurance plan and for those still skeptical, Health Insurance works. We, the vast majority of HMOs do our best to satisfy all needs of our clients and pay all claims and bills when they become due.

I would encourage that you provide for the most Basic services by buying a Health Insurance plan today. If you are cautious, you can buy the Titanium Compact plan sold by HCI Healthcare for N30,000 per enrollee per year. Discounted premiums are also available for corporate organisations with staff strength more than 20.

Buy an HMO plan today and continue your journey to better health with greater assurance

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

grin shocked

Gbenga
HCI Healthcare HMO
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Williboss:
I think that a health plan by a National HMO will ease any worries in that direction. Most HMO’s although headquartered in a city will have branches and agencies all through the length and breadth of the country. This gives you the ability to make use of Hospitals in case of emergencies in any major town or city Nationwide. Is therapy covered by insurance? I want to buy one because it is more comfortable and in this way you save a lot of money.

Good afternoon Williboss. I apologise for the delay in responding to your post.

Our HMO, HCI Healthcare is a National HMO and has 15 branches spread through the 6 Geopolitical regions of Nigeria.

Your plan to buy a health Plan is a good one and as to your enquiry on provision for therapy, i assume you mean Physiotherapy. Physiotherapy sessions are covered to varying degrees by our plans should you require it. For example our most basic plan, the TItanium Compact allows for 6 sessions in a year.

Contact me directly to purchase a plan.

I noticed from your profile that you stay in London. Are you purchasing for self or family?

Gbenga
+2348178362213
HCI Healthcare HMO
www.hcihealthcare.ng
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
Good evening.

Went for an on boarding exercise today with members of our Retention Team. A new company that has just been signed on in Ikorodu was given an orientation on how HMO schemes run and particularly how HCI Healthcare (HMO 004) runs its own scheme.

I was pleasantly surprised that there was a general awareness about the benefits of Health Insurance even for seemingly low income workers such as Security Guards. I wondered that if they were aware of and appreciated Health Insurance benefits and even bought in, why other middle and high income earners would be indifferent to purchasing plans for the benefit of themselves and family members.

We still have a few organisations content on retaining services of Hospitals to render basic care for their workers. It doesn't take much to cater for most of the needs of an employee, if with N30,000, you can buy a simple plan that will give benefits of primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare inclusive of optical and dental and physiotherapy care.

I would encourage that you get involved by making enquiries and taking steps to getting a plan for yourself and loved ones.

Take the first step by reaching me on Number stated below to get details of how you can get started.

shocked grin cheesy

Gbenga
HCI Healthcare Ltd. 08178362213
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by Ukprosper: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
kiuninaija:
Good evening.

Before I proceed to dissect the offerings of the top 5 HMO's offering Health Insurance in Nigeria, I'd like you to read through the
following Posts featured online.

https://www.legit.ng/1133432-10-hmo-nigeria.html

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/top-health-insurance-companies-nigeria-list/

http://www.hotvibesmedia.com.ng/2017/12/42-top-best-accredited-health-insurance-companies-nigeria-hmo.html

http://goodhealthclue.com/top-40-health-insurance-companies-in-nigeria/

The posts list either 10 or 40 best HMO's providing Health Insurance.

HMO 004 is listed as No 4 on the top 40 Health Insurance list. A conservative company, capitalised to the tune
N500 million, though not large in public sight has been working silently at engaging the public in its efforts
to set up good Medicare systems. On its lists are over 400,000 enrollees, 400 major private companies and
24 Government Ministries covered.

On its system grid are close to 3,000 Healthcare providers including Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmacies Physiotherapy
Clinics, Dental, Optical and Diagnostic centres providing services at the level of different strata of society and networth.

In my next post, i will dissect offerings and you will be left with better information to guide your decisions.

Have yourself a restful night and a rewarding day ahead.

cheesy cool grin

You can find almost all insurance companies in Nigeriar here https://www.knowseeker.com/2020/09/complete-list-of-insurance-companies-in.html
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
Good afternoon nairalanders.

Quite some time since I last posted. We are now well away into the new year (February 24) and also the new decade.

We have looked at objections people give against buying Health Insurance. We will now look at reasons adduced by those who buy.

We will see that common threads run through their reasons.

Please talk to me if you want a reliable Health partner.

Gbenga
HCI Healthcare HMO
WhatsApp / Call 08178362213
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by Vasgas: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2021
Following
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by Ukprosper: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
kiuninaija:

Thanks for the positive review.

You are welcome
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders.

Feb 24, 2021 was the last time I posted.

I commit to resuming informing, entertaining and encouraging others in the adoption of Health Insurance plans and policies.

Please stay tuned and go through the previous posts as they are instructive.

Do enjoy the rest of the night and stay healthy.

[/b]Gbenga
HCI Healthcare HMO 004
Telesales.
08178362213.[b]
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 1:30am On Jun 12, 2022
Good morning Nairalanders.

We begin our comtemplatuon today on the how tos of getting compliance to the new Health Insurance act signed by President Buhari

How tos
1. Get publicity around Federal Government Ministers signing themselves and staff on NHIS and the making use of it and ways in whuch ut saves money.
2. Get State Goverments to collaborate and grant cross border access to health delivered to non state indigenes visiting their states and from states having health insurance bod8es in place. Ghos will.allow fjr National access
3. Mandate states wihhout health schemes to immediately start one.
4. Treat state schems as PPP schemes as only private enterprise can drive HMO adoption as speeds we need to get Universal coverage.
5.Make it afashion with Nollywood and other celebrities showcasing their health cards and touting ots benefits.
6. The vast.majority of city and t8wn dwellers watch television or listen to radio. All residents of city, town and also rural dwellers travelling the expeessways would also see billboards or vehicular ada. All.methods of mass media can be employed to generate momentum.

More on this later.

Gbenga
HMO 004
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
Good evening all. Quite some time. Apologies for paucity of posts. I have an important one here. A discussion with Exec Director of HMO 004 - HCI Healthcare Ltd.

https://healthinsurancetoday.ng/2023/02/07/hci-passion-for-lifelong-relationship-with-clients/

In this highly engaging discourse, tou will see why you should choose HCI as preferred HMO for corporate, retail and affijinity segments of the National market.

Enjoy your read.

[/b]Gbenga Adelanwa
HCI Healthcare Ltd.
08178362213[b]
Re: The Value Of Health Insurance by kiuninaija(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Modalities for the implementation of NHIA act.

The recent push by state governments notably Lagos State to force implementation and domestication of the NHIA act signed into law by President Buhari last year is gping against the grain of foundations of Managed care and free enterprise.

Managed care rests on the provision of access to healthcare through a network of providers to a defined population with each scheme's income and expenditure being handled.by a health insurer. The success of each venture is predicated on the proper management of costs by the insurer who weighs cost of attendant risks to health viz income from premium..

At the start of the industry in Nigeria, the emphasis was more on the insurance aspects of health insurance with many not.exopecting to raise claims or incure costs. As such MLR, the ratio of claims to premium was low usually in the range of 20%.

With greater awareness of.rights and priviledge, NOT for some private HMO plans is as high as 90% making margins as low as 10%. This margin must necessarily cater for salaries, overheads and corporate growth.

This.margin is what the State agencies now want to eat into. The percentage share of State statutory scheme at least for Lagos has been pegged at 13% according to some sources..

If in its more than 5 years of existence the State Ilera Eko has only been able to enrol 800,000 lives from a State with a population of 20 million, it shows the quality of marketing and sales.skills in use by Ilera Eko. Tapping into these abundant skills in Private HMOs shouldn't come with a price tag of.13%.share. This would be tantamount to going to the market to buy food and asking the seller to pay herself for your purchase.

The essence of free enterprise is competition that modulates pricing and rewards presentation of superior value.

State schemes have a history of bureaucracy and undifferentiated service which the high net worth individuals are willing to pay extra for. They would be best served by private HMOs

The best way to approach domestication of NHIA in states would be to fix a fee of say N3,000, like.a.sales.tax on all plans. The base plans being sold by many HMOs has a premium of N30,000, whuch would.make the Sales tac 10% of premium. Higher plans would then have a lower % as Sales tax.

With attendant inflation and increased cost of.Medicak services, many HMOs would be forced to discontinue base plans as it becomes unprofitable by operation. Needless to say, these base plans are the favourite choice for majority of enrollees.

For each enterprise to succeed, each must concentrate on segments of the market most benefited by their offers. Social Security and Social Health Insurance should concentrate on providing a safety net for the indigent and tbose in.need of tertiary care. Private enterprise should drive attainment of right pricing of health services for the enlightened and those in Private and Self employment where premiums.can be obtained from.a single source., by means of or without deductions from individual.accounts.

There is more to say, but i would like to stop here now. Comments are welcome.

#health insurance # Ilera Eko #NHIA
[/b]
Gbenga
08178362213[b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 Pasjel Stretch Mark Remover Buy 2 Get One Powerful AVOCADO FACIAL SOAP / Ukazi Leaves Are A Nutritional Powerhouse! / Governor Yahaya Bello Increases Doctors' Hazard Allowance By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.