Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport (1726 Views)

Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me / Stranded Corpers Seize Azman Air Laptops After Cancelled Flight (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by elijah55: 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
I need advise.

My US Visa was cancelled at port of entry because the Homeland Officer felt i was immigrating illegally and may not return back to Nigeria.

Now, the real issue is that i have travelled to UK three times on a different passport and the Homeland Officer now wrote on the last page of my first passport with the UK travel record. The withdrawal code was written on my initial passport.

I am willing to sue and make case for this. Am i justify to take this up as i believe the Homeland Officer does not have legal right to tamper with my order records.

@justwise
@omobendel
@ladygui

Will appreciate your advise.
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by KingSatan: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
You can Sue for damages. The Homeland Officer has no right to tamper with your previous travel history.
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by fedora04: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
I can imagine how you must have felt. Truly sorry. You need to take it up.
No one has the right to tamper with your previous passport as there visa wasn't attached to it.

Visa officers at Nairaland consulate.. Over to you

quote author=elijah55 post=70692103]I need advise.

My US Visa was cancelled at port of entry because the Homeland Officer felt i was immigrating illegally and may not return back to Nigeria.

Now, the real issue is that i have travelled to UK three times on a different passport and the Homeland Officer now wrote on the last page of my first passport with the UK travel record. The withdrawal code was written on my initial passport.

I am willing to sue and make case for this. Am i justify to take this up as i believe the Homeland Officer does not have legal right to tamper with my order records.

@justwise
@omobendel
@ladygui

Will appreciate your advise.[/quote]
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by jeffobodo1111: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Village pipu

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by peacengine(m): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
elijah55:
I need advise.

@justwise
@omobendel
@ladygui

Oga, with such a great travel history what did you do that made them to cancel? This your story is not complete
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by Lucasbalo(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
elijah55:
I need advise.

@justwise
@omobendel
@ladygui

You can sue but unfortunately your litigation will go nowhere since you are not admissible in America where damages can be assessed against Homeland Department.

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by sumbo5: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
It is well, I will suggest you forward your complaint to the Lagos US Consulate.

Can anyone assist him/her with the email address

Wish you good luck.
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by lillaowow(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin. You are on a long thing. When we advise people how to make it safely into the US, y'all don't follow our advise.

Good luck with the legal cost or just move on and don't waste your time
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by TheCongo2: 2:18am On Aug 30, 2018
lillaowow:
grin grin. You are on a long thing. When we advise people how to make it safely into the US, y'all don't follow our advise.

Good luck with the legal cost or just move on and don't waste your time

And which advise did you provide that he/she didn't follow?

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by vulpeslopez(m): 3:15am On Aug 30, 2018
elijah55:
I need advise.

@justwise
@omobendel
@ladygui

chai,I know ur pain.....I remembered when I went to the America embassy in 2005 to renew my passport,those people change am for me sharperly......cancel my america passport and told me it was issued in error...that I didn't acquire citizenship due to the diplomatic status of my Father....na from the emabassy I start they cry.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by TheCongo2: 3:33am On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:
chai,I know ur pain.....I remembered when I went to the America embassy in 2005 to renew my passport,those people change am for me sharperly......cancel my america passport and told me it was issued in error...that I didn't acquire citizenship due to the diplomatic status of my Father....na from the emabassy I start they cry.

So you never return to the US after that?
Did they allow you to travel to the US?
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by vulpeslopez(m): 3:39am On Aug 30, 2018
TheCongo2:

So you never return to the US after that?
Did they allow you to travel to the US?
naaaah...they cancelled it,made a photocopy,took the original and gave me the photocopy with a letter, ....my parents are Nigerians....but I can't change where I was born....my Nigerian passport still says Birth place....USA..

1 Like

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by TheCongo2: 3:42am On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:
naaaah...they cancelled it,made a photocopy,took the original and gave me the photocopy with a letter, ....my parents are Nigerians....but I can't change where I was born....my Nigerian passport still says Birth place....USA..

Bro, your story is so sad.
I thought if you were born in the US from parents who were diplomats, you should at least be given permanent resident status.
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by vulpeslopez(m): 4:09am On Aug 30, 2018
TheCongo2:

I thought if you were born in the US from parents who were diplomats, you should at least be given permanent resident status.
children born to diplomats don't acquire citizenship,becos the law of that country don't applied to them

1 Like

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by vulpeslopez(m): 4:19am On Aug 30, 2018
TheCongo2:

yeah....it was sad at first but I have moved past that phrase.....only thing on my mind is CANADA
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by TheCongo2: 4:25am On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:
yeah....it was sad at first but I have moved past that phrase.... .only thing on my mind is CANADA

Seriously?
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by Lucasbalo(m): 4:28am On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:
children born to diplomats don't acquire citizenship,becos the law of that country don't applied to them
You are absolutely correct. What your parents should have done for you is apply for Permanent Residency which is Green Card and then you can apply for American citizenship after five years. How did you get the American Passport anyway if you are not an American ?. Just being curious because it sounds kinda weird to me.
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by vulpeslopez(m): 4:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Lucasbalo:
You are absolutely correct. What your parents should have done for you is apply for Permanent Residency which is Green Card and then you can apply for American citizenship after five years. How did you get the American Passport anyway if you are not an American ?. Just being curious because it sounds kinda weird to me.
my dad didn't even know ....I was issued a US passport,a social security number and a birth certificate,didn't travel for 10yrs, when it was time to renew na there story starts.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by vulpeslopez(m): 4:45am On Aug 30, 2018
TheCongo2:

Seriously?
Bros.....I am so in love with Canada sha
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by TheCongo2: 5:06am On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:
Bros.....I am so in love with Canada sha

Have you ever been to Canada?
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by Lucasbalo(m): 5:07am On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:
my dad didn't even know ....I was issued a US passport,a social security number and a birth certificate,didn't travel for 10yrs, when it was time to renew na there story starts.
Wow, that's very possible. Wishing you all the best. Canada is a very good choice too.
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by pretty16(f): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
vulpeslopez:

Wow!
Re: Cancelled US Visa And Tampered Passport by MyAmericandream(f): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
jeffobodo1111:
Village pipu
why do village ppl no disturb when him dey travel go UK, e be like say him blessings dey Yankee, that's why them try do anything to stop am.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Saudi Arabia / Home Office ''discrection'' / Any Nairalander In The Caribbeans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.