Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts (2937 Views)

I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? / How I Keep Having Sex With My Boss To Secure My Marriage And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiadikaobi(m): 7:51am On Aug 29, 2018
Good morning Great Parents of this forum. Many who know me might be wondering why I'm making this post in this section because I've not had a comment or topic here but do visit regularly to checkout parental guidelines and advice. I'm here this time as a son now seeking the same counseling and help he do read about others in such state.

Dear parents, I can boldly say that things are no longer working in my life and all my thoughts day and night are suicidal as I see myself being worthless. My friends here would be surprised seeing this post because I'm well known as a jovial, friendly and funny character since I joined this forum in April 2011. I've lost my happiness ,I've lost my pride, I've lost my joy.

I was once a helper, making people smile by my generous act, now the reverse is the case. I beg to eat and solve minor needs that I wallow in Ocean of debts. Everything I lay hands on seems to be going south.
Nothing is going in my family as things are in coma. No need dropping a long boring epistle in that aspect because that should be a topic to discuss later.

Please my people, I need your input because I'm totally clueless, confused and depressed. Please help me waive away this unholy thoughts of ending everything because I've never been in such a state before. I see nairaland as my second home where I derive love and happiness, and I can boldly say that since my 7 years stay as a member, none can point or accuse me of fraud or any dubious act in any form. I've maintained a clean slate and I don't feel ashamed posting with my respected username which I've been known for.

I come to you as a beloved member that needs care and pursuit of happiness. Insults and bashing are so much welcome because that would get me busy to erase bad memories.

Blessings.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:56am On Aug 29, 2018
We hope this our little contribution helps.
Life is beautiful my brother.
Please never ever give up.
It will end in praise.

Journaling. Writing is a great way to release emotions. It is unfiltered thought, where you can speak your mind without editing. No judgments, criticisms or condemnations from others. It allows you to explore emotions on a level that you may not necessarily always consider when thinking, but somehow come to you as you put a pen to paper.

Adequate sleep with short nap if needed. Sleeping is when our body recovers. Our immune system repairs itself, our brains rest and grow, and we store energy for the next day. Yet we are constantly overworking ourselves, putting ourselves in stressful situations, and not getting enough sleep. We often overeat when we are tired and grumpy, which makes for a much harder life.

Exercise. Exercise produces natural endorphins, which help put us in a good mood. There is a lot of research that shows that exercise improves mood. Your ability to learn also improves immediately following exercise. John Ratey has done fascinating research on children and exercise, so if you don’t know much about it read his work.

Drink plenty of water. Dehydration is often overlooked, but our body is made up of 95 percent water. When it does not have enough we often feel lethargic, grumpy, and get headaches.

Being social. It is easy to be a hermit these days, as you can do everything via Internet. People increasingly telecommute and so are spending less time outside the home. Even an hour a day with someone else can boost your mood.

Meditation or prayer. Most people think of prayer as religious, but it does not have to be. If you hold on to all of your problems, it can easily get overwhelming and trigger into a hopelessness that spirals out of control. So take some time to let things go, think good thoughts about others, and bring your mind to a peaceful place.

Giving thanks. Three thank-yous a day. Every day. Every single person in this world has something to be thankful about every day, no matter how dire their situation. When we focus on the positive, it helps bring more positive into our life. Even when times are bad, it is important to remember the good.

Practice unconditional love. This may be the hardest thing. As we get caught up in our daily routine, being kind and showing unconditional love becomes harder and harder. Traffic, the late babysitter, and unhappy kids are just a few of many daily life challenges. Yet if we think about unconditional love every single day, we in turn will be more loving, caring people and attract more of the same into our lives.

We wish you all the very best in life .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by sweetyme001(f): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2018
Alright!!! patriotic has said it all.
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2018
sweetyme001:
Thank you ma'am.
That is what we can do.....for now!
Hoping it helps a bit!!
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiadikaobi(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2018
post=70707958:
We hope this our little contribution helps.
Life is beautiful my brother.
Please never ever give up.
It will end in praise.

Thank you so much sir . I read all the piece from start to finish and it's so encouraging.

May you never lack joy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiadikaobi(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2018
sweetyme001:
Thank you so much Ma. Truly the post is a great motivator. Thanks for your time.

Replying comments here is kind of relief to me. Thanks friends
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
Thank you so much sir . I read all the piece from start to finish and it's so encouraging.

May you never lack joy
Amen.
Amen.
Amen in Jesus name.
You shall laugh at last in all of these.

Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.”

Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2018
Words from the deepest sides of our hearts to you.

Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Choose to stay positive and be the strong person that God created you to be!”

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

You are more than a conqueror.
You are an overcimer.
Stay blessed Obi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Hunry: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2018
You can call the numbers below for help, tis well

2 Likes

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Hunry: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2018
this too

1 Like

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by LuciferChristi: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2018
Chiadikaobi:

May you never lack joy

When are you dropping your account number?

3 Likes

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2018
This is the blunt truth.
If you want to conquer your suicidal thoughts and gain back the control of your life.

Stop punting.

8 Likes

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by pfpmoderator: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2018
Seek the help of a counselor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Jagaban880: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2018
Baba......Life isn't always sunshine and butterflies.sometimies u got to learn to smile through pain Bro....no matter how hard we try life will never be perfect........don't give Up...Bro

No problem last forever Bro

and

Every problem has its solution.,.......

wink cool.....i need 10 odds frm u sha... dis weekend

5 Likes

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by gentlezypher: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2018
mr low odd You have so many potentials in you Be brave enough to fulfil them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by yehmy(m): 9:21am On Aug 29, 2018
Live u see my brother is not always Smooth, it's called life for a reason in yoruba we call it ILE AYE because it is meant to be a world of joy, sorrow Worry, hardship, success and comfort.

Strive hard and don't give up, there's light at the end of the tunnel speak out more and someone who is God sent will approach you.... Don't give up because Tough times don't last Tough people do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by yehmy(m): 9:25am On Aug 29, 2018
alexistaiwo:
This is the blunt truth.
If you want to conquer your suicidal thoughts and gain back the control of your life.

Stop punting.
Who told u punting is the reason
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by olahajayi(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2018
post=70708759:
Words from the deepest sides of our hearts to you.

Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Choose to stay positive and be the strong person that God created you to be!”

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

You are more than a conqueror.
You are an overcimer.
Stay blessed Obi.
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by cyberhike(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Mister low odds I understand what you re going through... I have been in the same shoes some time ago... but thank God for my life.

you just have to stand up and move on... its just a phase bro... it'll pass.

I wish you all the happiness in the world..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by cyberhike(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2018
yehmy:

most times that guy talks like a fool..

so goldenval Wey post about depression too na punting.

at least the op no scam people like the idiot. abi no be brokeness make am die money Wey e suppose share for people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Dexter001(m): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2018
Life will always have it's up and down, it's good to have the mindset that "this is not forever". Be true to who you are, be the original version of yourself and not a duplicate of someone.

You have to surround your self with people you care about, rather than isolating yourself. Move out and socialize.

“Survival can be summed up in three words―never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” ― Bear Grylls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Don't die oh... trust me Earth is still sweeter than hell fire... if you think your life is bad, some people are having it worse and are still smiling.. stop thinking of what could have been and focus on the present.

Please be strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 29, 2018
yehmy:

It might not be the sole reason but I can bet that it is a major contributing factor.

1 Like

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by yehmy(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2018
alexistaiwo:

It might not be the sole reason but I can bet that it is a major contributing factor.
I'm certain it won't be punting remember he said other things he embark on ain't working well, all he needs now is encouragement.

Mr low odds kindly retrace your steps to the actual moment you started feeling things the other way round there is no smoke without fire, You might be indulging in the wrong things thinking is right.... God help you sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by clerkent(m): 11:02am On Aug 29, 2018
May the lord be your strength bro.like pfpmoderator said.seek help of a cousellor.life is too complicated to understand.today you ar smiling.next day you are crying.just believe that it will come to pass.we as a human dont have answers to everything only GOD have.HAVE HOPE AND STAY SAFE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by bakayokoko: 11:05am On Aug 29, 2018
[s]
alexistaiwo:

[/s]

SCAMMER WITHOUT CONSCIENCE.. KEEP QUIET

3 Likes

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiefheywhy(m): 11:10am On Aug 29, 2018
Mr lowodd, suicide is never the way forward please. Please visit your pastor or any counseling centre and pour out your heart to them. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Also remember, tough time never last, tough people do. May God be with you and strengthen you to uphold and fulfill your purpose in life. Stay blessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by kaycee125: 11:17am On Aug 29, 2018
I can put myself in your shoes, I have been battling depression since 2012, money only gives me temporary reprieve, I think the best bet is to be more outgoing and busy yourself more with activities like reading books. you can also get more engaged in Church as I know this is an engagement that is time consuming. Always note that a lot of people look up to you, so you should try your utmost best to be their role model.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Chiadikaobi:

May you never lack joy
Mr. Low Odds,

When did you begin feeling like this?

Did something happen that made you start feeling this way?

How can I best support you right now?

Have you thought about getting help other than Nairaland?

You are not alone in this. I and everyone that view this thread is here for u. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change. I may not be able to understand exactly how you feel, but I care about you and want to help. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold off for just one more day, hour, minute. Please whatever you can manage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Frank0001(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2018
Baba lowodd.. please erase the thought of sucide cause it’s never and won’t be an option... you’re a good person which is a factor i know and believe you will bounce back to life. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
bakayokoko:

SCAMMER WITHOUT CONSCIENCE.. KEEP QUIET

With the way you are obsessed about "Alexistaiwo".
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you create a suicidal thread one of these days.
Do well to mention me when the time comes, I might have one or two advice for you grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. / His Wife Refused To Kiss Him Because She Is Observing Fasting. / She Needs Forgiveness And A Clear Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.