Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? (5238 Views)

I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts / I Am Losing The Battle To Suicidal Thoughts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 10:26am On May 15, 2019
Hello,

Is there anyone having suicidal thoughts due to life challenges they are facing?

Would you be kind enough to open up and let's deal with this openly?

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2019
Very good initiative I must say, thanks for creating this thread, let's create a welcoming and condusive space for those who need help battling depression...

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 11:02am On May 15, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Very good initiative I must say, thanks for creating this thread, let's create a welcoming and condusive space for those who need help battling depression...

Yeah, people need to know there are better possibilities out there.
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by sonofspada(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2019
Present
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by cassyrooy(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2019
Very good initiative, depressed people are becoming more these days and I used to be one between 2012-2018.

I've been free for 7months now, after accepting Christ in my life.

It wasn't an easy decision but I made it for myself, to be free.

#BeDepressionFree

If you don't mind, check my signature and follow.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Evangkatsoulis: 12:08pm On May 15, 2019
I am kinda stuck.
I have lost interest in life. Even the things I enjoyed before, I no longer enjoy anymore.
On the other hand, the means of suicide are not 100% sure. I do not want a situation were I become disabled(brain damaged, paralysed) as a result of faied suicide attempt.
The whole point of suicide is to stop existing not to become a potato unable to kill oneself, at the mercy of one's family which would never kill one.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by FlyingTOMATOE: 2:44pm On May 15, 2019
Sleevia:
Hello,

Is there anyone having suicidal thoughts due to life challenges they are facing?

Would you be kind enough to open up and let's deal with this openly?
cc Devlishginger
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 4:55pm On May 15, 2019
sonofspada:
Present
good day. Good you came out. What is the reason for the suicidal thoughts?
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by ThothHermes: 5:14pm On May 15, 2019
Yes!
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:
I am kinda stuck.
I have lost interest in life. Even the things I enjoyed before, I no longer enjoy anymore.
On the other hand, the means of suicide are not 100% sure. I do not want a situation were I become disabled(brain damaged, paralysed) as a result of faied suicide attempt.
The whole point of suicide is to stop existing not to become a potato unable to kill oneself, at the mercy of one's family which would never kill one.

This is deep. Care to share more?
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Amhappy(f): 6:21pm On May 15, 2019
You are important to me i need you to survive. No matter what you are passing through,hang on there. Don't end you,end it. We need you

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Evangkatsoulis: 6:57pm On May 15, 2019
ikhileomotayo:

This is deep. Care to share more?
My issue is more brain related. It just started 2013. Suffered psychomotor/psychosomatic retardation, memory loss and aphasia and severe depression. I could barely function. It continued up to 2014. In 2015 when I got admission I started recovery.
By mid-2015 all symptoms had reversed bar memory/attention deficits. At least I could learn and did quite alright in my year 1. But by jan 2016 a different set of symptoms emerged: bilateral tinnitus, hyperacusis, could not bear hot temperatures(pepper, hot food, sun, hot water etc). In short I was an at unease in any environment. By 2017, the symptoms had worsened to extent that I could barely read. I just pack carryover that year.
I was put on antidepressants and risperidone, and I also visit ENT doctors to treat tinnitus(it is reversible). Problem is that I have not been able to keep up with the cost of medications and at same time keep with schooling(lecture materias et al) since 2018.
I am stuck because at this state I am incapable of learning/retaining anything in school, unable to learn new skills to earn money(memory issues), unable to treat these problems, unable to enjoy anything. What am I living for then? I do not have strong bonds with any of my family members sef.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Ebirra: 7:17pm On May 15, 2019
Living in Nigeria is very depressing, smiles and joy seems to be temporary, if you read one good news, u must have read six bad news.

Here are the cause of my sadness (not depression yet).
1. I just came out of a relationship, I loved the girl, but overnight she just stop loving me, I begged like no man business, but she have already made up her mind. She claimed I hv character issues (tbh I do).

2. Post NYSC phobia, I have like 5 month left of collecting allawee, after which I am on my own, no job waiting for me, no hope for masters, no talent, no hand work nothing, just a 2.2 degree.

I know many of you will laugh off my above mentioned points, the truth is after typing point one and two, I realized that I dont have problem, grin am not even depressed, I am just sad. Overall, I have a good life.

12 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

My issue is more brain related. It just started 2013. Suffered psychomotor/psychosomatic retardation, memory loss and aphasia and severe depression. I could barely function. It continued up to 2014. In 2015 when I got admission I started recovery.
By mid-2015 all symptoms had reversed bar memory/attention deficits. At least I could learn and did quite alright in my year 1. But by jan 2016 a different set of symptoms emerged: bilateral tinnitus, hyperacusis, could not bear hot temperatures(pepper, hot food, sun, hot water etc). In short I was an at unease in any environment. By 2017, the symptoms had worsened to extent that I could barely read. I just pack carryover that year.
I was put on antidepressants and risperidone, and I also visit ENT doctors to treat tinnitus(it is reversible). Problem is that I have not been able to keep up with the cost of medications and at same time keep with schooling(lecture materias et al) since 2018.
I am stuck because at this state I am incapable of learning/retaining anything in school, unable to learn new skills to earn money(memory issues), unable to treat these problems, unable to enjoy anything. What am I living for then? I do not have strong bonds with any of my family members sef.

Wow, I really don't know what to say right now. Please just take it one day at a time. I know it will get better.

Can I tell you a secret? Why dont you allow your body reset itself and regenerate sick cells. Read up on FASTING.

Fasting works. Read up on AUTOPHAGY ( cellular regeneration). Some terminally ill patients have been healed through fasting. Go to Youtube

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by lahizak: 10:40pm On May 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Yours is a sickness. And sickness do have cure. U will be cured eventually of ur sickness and then you will live a long healthy joyful life. Even if u are short of finance right now, just believe that money will come eventually and ur stories will change. Stay strong my brothee.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by lahizak: 10:54pm On May 15, 2019
The fear that commiting suicide is a grave sin which will eventually land d person that do such in hell and according to all descriptions hell is a thousand times more painful than the greatest pain on earth. That believe there is what is keeping me on earth. My cause of frustration have nothing to do with money or health. Even though right now I'm broke and jobless, I still believe that money will come eventually and I will be rich. But deep down in me I still believe money is not enough. Everyday i wake up with pain and loneliness, sometimes my heart feel so much pain that i just wish i can dig my hands into my chest and remove the damn heart. Im lonely and alone even with the so called people dat said dey care and love me, somehow, i always felt left behind, i always feel like nobody really care about me. I feel invisinble. Like nobody is seeing and am just going through life aimlessly. The pains sometimes is excruciating. Funny enough my house is full of snipe, rat poison even we have a gun as my father is in military. And what scared me the most is that someday the fear of hell will no longer be enough to stop me. Please pray 4 me

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by sonofspada(m): 12:40am On May 16, 2019
Sleevia:
good day. Good you came out. What is the reason for the suicidal thoughts?
I’m 30 and still with my parents.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 8:49am On May 16, 2019
sonofspada:

I’m 30 and still with my parents.
only that?
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by sonofspada(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2019
Sleevia:
only that?
Im unemployed and I don't have savings, I'v dated my university girlfriend for 10yrs, and I fear I might not meet up.

I need to disappear

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 9:31am On May 16, 2019
sonofspada:

Im unemployed and I don't have savings, I'v dated my university girlfriend for 10yrs, and I fear I might not meet up.

I need to disappear

But have u tried to acquire any skill overtime? I am not talking does paper courses but applicable skills that can make u stand independently?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by mostyg(m): 9:44am On May 16, 2019
A lot of things are responsible for depression and eventual suicide. We woke up to the news of RCCG choir Master's suicide this morning on the basis on his inability to pay house rent.

Sometimes depression is spiritual. I know some would find this absurd. Some common signs of spiritual induced depression are
1. Constant headaches ( migraine)
2. Pain in a body part ( chest, leg, lower abdomen etc)
3. Insomnia. Not being able to sleep at night
4. Some kind of movement in the body. One may noticed something moving in part of the body. It may be on the head, leg, hand, stomach etc.
5. Sometimes one comes in contact with cobwebs alots.
6. Nightmares is also a common sign.

These are just few of the signs.
Please note that these signs do not necessarily indicate spiritual problem but may be a pointer to it.

As we try approaching challenges from medical / physical angles don't let us rule out spiritual solutions and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by sonofspada(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2019
Sleevia:

But have u tried to acquire any skill overtime? I am not talking does paper courses but applicable skills that can make u stand independently?
It's too late for that.
I hope the life turns out well for you

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 10:24am On May 16, 2019
sonofspada:

It's too late for that.
I hope the life turns out well for you
... Nothing is too late bro. I am trying on my own lane. I created this thread to see how we can all help one another. I am not suicidal and never will be because I have this hustling spirit that never dies.

Nothing is too late my brother... Now that is where you are creating obstacles.

In June last year, in a venture that many feared to dive into, with no prior knowledge, I dived in...

If I had listened to the words of naysayers, I would probably never start.

It took me a lot of guts. I didn't have the complete funds, people doubted me...

If u are willing to start something, always tell yourself it is possible. I am not talking as a motivational speaker, I am talking as one in the trenches.

There are digital skills that can make u formidable and I am not saying this just to motivate you. I would love to say more... But I need your spirit ignited, I need a little faith from you to push me to pick up my phone and call you...

You have parents, I don't. My mother died in my arms

Your 2 ears are functioning but I have to tell you I depend of hearing aids to communicate.

I have never had suicidal thoughts and never will.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by sonofspada(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2019
Sleevia:
... Nothing is too late bro. I am trying on my own lane. I created this thread to see how we can all help one another. I am not suicidal and never will be because I have this hustling spirit that never dies.

Nothing is too late my brother... Now that is where you are creating obstacles.

In June last year, in a venture that many feared to dive into, with no prior knowledge, I dived in...

If I had listened to the words of naysayers, I would probably never start.

It took me a lot of guts. I didn't have the complete funds, people doubted me...

If u are willing to start something, always tell yourself it is possible. I am not talking as a motivational speaker, I am talking as one in the trenches.

There are digital skills that can make u formidable and I am not saying this just to motivate you. I would love to say more... But I need your spirit ignited, I need a little faith from you to push me to pick up my phone and call you...

You have parents, I don't. My mother died in my arms

Your 2 ears are functioning but I have to tell you I depend of hearing aids to communicate.

I have never had suicidal thoughts and never will.
Oh lord.
Bro you just bought me some time
Where do I start now?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Sleevia: 12:43pm On May 16, 2019
sonofspada:

Oh lord.
Bro you just bought me some time
Where do I start now?
U say u are unemployed, I have never worked for anyone... i create my own opportunities. where to start? You have a phone that can browse, some persons do not even have. You have a place to call home, your parents, some persons do not have.

Some lost their parent at childbirth, some were thrown away at birth but you had the luxury of having your parents train you from childhood till you graduated... millions of your Nigerian kids never had that opportunity.

so why you feel your case is worse, it is not as bad as millions of people out there. Do you want to doubt me? Take a walk into any teaching hospital and see people in excruciating pains, many of whom will give anything in this world to exchange their place for yours, even if it is for 24 hours...

Taking your own life is like being ungrateful for the little privileges you have enjoyed...

All you have to do is be willing to learn... there is something you can do to help your finances...but the first point of call is to acquire knowledge and so to answer your question, the starting point is to acquire knowledge.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Monika87: 3:55pm On May 16, 2019
I've been having that thoughts on a regular basis. I'm not brave enough to kill myself and I don't want it, but I can't get rid of that thoughts.
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 16, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:
I am kinda stuck.
stop being an evangelist and you will see things turn around for your good.
That Yahweh character is a fraud!very delusional character I tell you.
Go out more and be happy.get a job and be friendly with people.nothing is too small remember.
Good luck
Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by pelummy50(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2019
Suicide doesn’t end the chances of life getting worse, it eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Abcruz(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2019
Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God.--Isaiah 50:10

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!--2 Corinthians 4:17

Nevertheless,
Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproofs of life abides among the wise!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Uyi168: 7:57pm On May 16, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

U write so well..

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Ginaz(f): 11:19pm On May 16, 2019
Those facing depression, nobody can really help you if you can't help yourself. The battle starts from you. If you want to live, you would. If you want to die, you would. Find reasons to live, find reasons to stay strong and depression will be the thing of the past.

You are stronger than you think. You can overcome anything you set your mind to. Put your mind to live. Please give yourself a chance to live. Don't kill yourself. Everything will be fine, don't kill yourself. Hold on and move on. Keep going till you break free.

Thanks for reading.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? by Amhappy(f): 11:44pm On May 16, 2019
A family friend was depressed. Even her husband argued that she was just pretending. She cut herself severally and was even packing wastes in her clothes bag. She couldn't practice her nursing profession because no one wants to employ an unstable person to care for life. She was sacked in all the places she got job (menial jobs) because she couldn't coordinate again.Someone took her to see a doctor/therapist. Today she's employed and working as a nurse in an average hospital. Seeking help early is very important.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? / If You Go To Bed Like This Your Man Deserves A Side Chick. / My Dad Wants To Sleep With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.