Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End (6476 Views)

Divine Oduduru Disqualified From IAAF World Championships / Missing Funds: Nigeria Escapes IAAF Ban As Dalung Makes U-turn - Premium Times / Missing Funds: Solomon Dalung Dares IAAF, No Commitment To Repay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by 4Ebiscoo: 5:48am On Aug 30, 2018
Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor reacts after winning the women’s 100m event at the Diamond League athletics meeting in Shanghai on May 17, 2015. AFP

Nigeria’s duo Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor and 100m hurdler, Tobi Amusan are among world top athletes who will be vying for the top prizes as the IAAF Diamond League reaches its climax.

The first of the final will be decided today in Weltklasse Zurich, Switzerland, while the other leg will be run on Friday at the AG Memorial Van Damme in Brussels, Belgium.

In Zurich Okagbare will run the 100m having placed 4th in the standings with 19points. She face the likes of Marie Josee Ta Lou, Murielle Ahoure, Elaine Johnson Dafne Schippers, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Dina Asher-Smith and Carina Horn. The winner takes it all top prize is $50,000.

Amusan, who made her debute in the Diamond League this season booked her place in the final with 12 points. With the Commonwealth Games and Africa Championships gold under belt Amusa will come face to face with Olympic Champion, Brianna McNeal; World Record holder, Kendra Harrison of USA and teammate, Sharika Nelvis; World Champion, Danielle Williams; Nadine Visser of the Netherlands; and American duo of Christina Manning and Dawn Harper-Nelson.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/okagbare-amusan-chase-cash-as-iaaf.html

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On Aug 30, 2018
All the very best Blessing.

Ngozi, make us proud!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by okadoo: 6:52am On Aug 30, 2018
4Ebiscoo:
Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor reacts after winning the women’s 100m event at the Diamond League athletics meeting in Shanghai on May 17, 2015. AFP

Nigeria’s duo Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor and 100m hurdler, Tobi Amusan are among world top athletes who will be vying for the top prizes as the IAAF Diamond League reaches its climax.

The first of the final will be decided today in Weltklasse Zurich, Switzerland, while the other leg will be run on Friday at the AG Memorial Van Damme in Brussels, Belgium.

In Zurich Okagbare will run the 100m having placed 4th in the standings with 19points. She face the likes of Marie Josee Ta Lou, Murielle Ahoure, Elaine Johnson Dafne Schippers, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Dina Asher-Smith and Carina Horn. The winner takes it all top prize is $50,000.

Amusan, who made her debute in the Diamond League this season booked her place in the final with 12 points. With the Commonwealth Games and Africa Championships gold under belt Amusa will come face to face with Olympic Champion, Brianna McNeal; World Record holder, Kendra Harrison of USA and teammate, Sharika Nelvis; World Champion, Danielle Williams; Nadine Visser of the Netherlands; and American duo of Christina Manning and Dawn Harper-Nelson.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/okagbare-amusan-chase-cash-as-iaaf.html

nice1
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Authoreety: 6:54am On Aug 30, 2018
Dem are balling real hard
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by OBTMOS(m): 6:54am On Aug 30, 2018
R
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by NaijaFutbol: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Cool
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Segunade10: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by wildchild1: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Cool

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by homopoliticus: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Jumong01(m): 6:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Tor
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by kluv2(m): 6:57am On Aug 30, 2018
Wishing you all the best Tobi and Blessing
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Agbayahoo: 7:03am On Aug 30, 2018
Nigeria Amaka !
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by MufasaRebirth: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2018
Go blessing !!
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by RichDad1(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2018
And some mercenaries, because of money abandoned their father land.

Go girls
Up green white green.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2018
This is cheat! Only Okagbare's picture is posted here. I will post amusan's picture here for all to see.

8 Likes

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by MJBOLT: 7:29am On Aug 30, 2018
Blessing is not in top form,Ta Lou,Schippers and Ahoure will not be easy to beat

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Realhommie(m): 7:36am On Aug 30, 2018
MJBOLT:
Blessing is not in top form,Ta Lou,Schippers and Ahoure will not be easy to beat
I was going to say the same of Blessing..

Especially Ta Lou of the CIV, that lady is hot this season men.. And of course not forgetting the Jamaican Ellaine Thompson..

Blessing is a slow starter, so the 100m will always be a tough competition especially with fast paced athletes off the dash. The 200m and long jump remains her forte.

Wish her all the best though.

4 Likes

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by MJBOLT: 7:40am On Aug 30, 2018
shaunae miller uibo will be a hard but to crack that girl is undefeated in the 200m this year

Realhommie:

Especially Ta Lou of the CIV, that lady is hot this season men.. And of course not forgetting the Jamaican Ellaine Thompson..

Blessing is a slow starter, so the 100m will always be a tough competition especially with fast paced athletes off the dash. The 200m and long jump remains her forte.

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Realhommie(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2018
MJBOLT:
shaunae miller uibo will be a hard but to crack that girl is undefeated in the 200m this year

Yea, you're right.. I love that babe, she's so damn pretty. Doesn't look one bit an athlete, fine lady.

Watched her 3-4 seasons ago, before she added "Uibo" to her name, she would finish a distant 5th or 6th, lol.. Allyson Felix held sway then. Now look at her, she might just smash the 200m WR someday.

That said, I think Okagbare should be in the top 3 if she brings her A game.. She's been so inconsistent lately, don't know if it has anything to do with her marriage.. There has to be a reason, yea?

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by canadianxmas: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2018
Would really want Blessing and Dayo to come tops in their respective 100m and hurdles but with likes of Talou, Kendra, McNeal competing with them it might be impossible.
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by Oxygen1998: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2018
Probably all tall athletes are slow starters; check Bolt
Realhommie:

Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by blazer2018: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
I think Blessing Okagbare no longer has it in her...maybe it's only me...but i think she has not bn at her best since she got married...she always makes it to d final but falters when it matters most...i can't recollect d last time she won any race... and with d likes of Ta Lou (this one, as short as she is; she's a Flash), Ahoure, and Schipper in contention, i am very afraid for Blessing...It is just sad we are not grooming anybody to takeover from her.

Oluwatobiloba Amusan...she's the next good thing to come out of Nigerian Sports...the current Commonwealth Champion and African hurdle queen...she's bn progressing from the Africa Athletics Youth Championship...winning her way to the top...though she will find it tough at d IAAF Diamond League meeting considering d superpowers she will be contending with, but i see her going places...she's still young and focused.

Best of luck to both of them.
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by dgbaba: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
MJBOLT:

Dina Asher Smith for 100m, Miller Uibo for 200m, Kendra Harrison for 100mH.
Re: Okagbare, Amusan Chase Cash As IAAF Diamond League End by MJBOLT: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
I've got Ta Lou for 100m,Miller Uibo for 200m,I'm stuck between Kendra Harrison and Brianna Rollins McNeal for the 100mH.Dina Asher Smith could steal the show but I'm hoping Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce makes a superb comeback

dgbaba:

Dina Asher Smith for 100m, Miller Uibo for 200m, Kendra Harrison for 100mH.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? / Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? / Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.