Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy (2615 Views)

My Girlfriend's Mother Just Aborted Our Four Months Old Pregnancy (pictures) / 15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Quintuple: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Hello nairalanders and the experts in the house in particular.
There is this problem of a wife been pregnant for 25 weeks when the marriage was only 22 weeks. Of course there was no any pre-marital sexx.
This result is according to a sonographer who scanned and examine the pregnancy.
The questions are, can the husband claim the pregnancy to be his own?
Are ultrasound scans always accurate or can sometime be inaccurate?
Are there possibilities of the wife having an affair and conceived 3weeks before the marriage?
Can we describe the 3 weeks difference as normal?
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Kdon2: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2018
Quintuple:
There is this problem of a wife been pregnant for 25 weeks when the marriage was only 22 weeks. Of course there was no any pre-marital sexx.
This result is according to a sonographer who scanned and examine the pregnancy.
Are there possibilities of the wife having an affair and conceived 3weeks before the marriage?

Abeg carry your baby rant commit for here !

5 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by genq(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2018
Gestational age of pregnancy is usually calculated from last menstrual period and not day of conception .. which would add a few weeks to the actual date the seed was sown cool

That being said, the chances of conception happening on the same week of marriage is very slim.

So its either; your wife is extremely fertile and took in immediately
Or
grin make sure you don't turn yourself to houseboy catering for all her needs during pregnancy only to find out the kid aint yours. Nigerian women of nowadays, fear dem.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by delishpot: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2018
That sonogram may show that the fetus has the size of a 25wks old fetus. Sometimes the fetus may be more developed than its age. It is not a strange thing. Post the result that was given to her here.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by delishpot: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2018
genq:
Gestational age of pregnancy is usually calculated from last menstrual period and not day of conception .. which would add a few weeks to the actual date the seed was sown cool

That being said, the chances of conception happening on the same week of marriage is very slim.

Or
grin make sure you don't turn yourself to houseboy catering for all her needs during pregnancy only to find out the kid aint yours. Nigerian women of nowadays, fear dem.

Yeah and Nigerian men are saints ba? Fear the woman who sleeps with an adult male but do not fear the men who go around raping minors. Havent women been taking care of step children for generations? Did the world end? So if a man does it world will not end too grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Quintuple: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2018
delishpot:
That sonogram may show that the fetus has the size of a 25wks old fetus. Sometimes the fetus may be more developed than its age. It is not a strange thing. Post the result that was given to her here.

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by slaywife: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2018
The scan will read ahead if the baby is big in size.
Also, when a woman is 3 weeks pregnant, the scan will actually read 5 weeks or 6 weeks.
Pregnancy is calculated from the first day the woman saw her last period and not when the conception took place
This adds two weeks to the normal date, in other words, the scan result would include those 2 weeks before your wife actually took in!
That is why a full term pregnancy is actually 40 weeks (10 months) not 36 or 38 weeks
So calm your fears sir, the baby is all yours
Also note that the result is +/- 2 weeks. Its not 100% factual
The 3 weeks difference is normal
Please dont relay these doubts to your new wife to avoid fire on the mountain!
Also, let wifey be careful of carbs and junk food so that the baby doesnt get too large.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Quintuple: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Kdon2:

Abeg carry your baby rant commit for here !
Guys pls explain your opinion
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Quintuple: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2018
slaywife:
The scan will read ahead if the baby is big in size.
Also, when a woman is 3 weeks pregnant, the scan will actually read 5 weeks or 6 weeks.
Pregnancy is calculated from the first day the woman saw her last period and not when the conception took place
This adds two weeks to the normal date, in other words, the scan result would include those 2 weeks before your wife actually took in!
That is why a full term pregnancy is actually 40 weeks (10 months) not 36 or 38 weeks
So calm your fears sir, the baby is all yours
Also note that the result is +/- 2 weeks. Its not 100% factual
The 3 weeks difference is normal
Please dont relay these doubts to your new wife to avoid fire on the mountain!
Also, let wifey be careful of carbs and junk food so that the baby doesnt get too large.
Thank you in abundance. Many things were going inside my mind. I trust the wife, just wondering how is that possible.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Mille: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2018
genq:

Or

Yes, you are right. I'm no medical doctor and he might be the owner but it's all doubtful. Ovulation is on average usually on the 14th day (+ or - 2days), equals to two weeks. And I think the Op could help himself if he could recollect when his bride had the first menstrual period in their marriage.

BTW, Mr Quintuple , have you heard about Prenatal DNA. Please do so if you are doubtful

make sure you don't turn yourself to houseboy catering for all her needs during pregnancy only to find out the kid aint yours. Nigerian women of nowadays, fear dem.

Not just Nigerian women but women in general. With what I have seen, heard, as well as personal experience, I would be damned if I don't conduct DNA tests before and after the birth of a baby projected to be mine.

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Quintuple: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Mille:

Yes, you are right. I'm no medical doctor and he might be the owner but it's all doubtful. Ovulation is on average usually on the 14th day (+ or - 2days), equals to two weeks. And I think the Op could help himself if he could recollect when his bride had the first menstrual period in their marriage.

BTW, Mr Quintuple , have you heard about Prenatal DNA. Please do so if you are doubtful

Not just Nigerian women but women in general. With what I have seen, heard, as well as personal experience, I would be damned if I don't conduct DNA tests before and after the birth of a baby projected to be mine.
I am actually aware of her last menstruation and was 10 days before our wedding, since then implantation occured before the next cycle. I strongly feel it is legitimate pregnancy but wondering where the anomaly comes from
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by slaywife: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2018
Mille:

O Lawd!
You are not a medical doctor
You are not a woman
You have never carried a pregnancy before
You have never had a child
yet, somehow, because of personal experience,you are doubtful the baby belongs to him?
Please stop projecting your insecurities here abeg

15 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by slaywife: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2018
Quintuple:
I am actually aware of her last menstruation and was 10 days before our wedding, since then implantation occured before the next cycle. I strongly feel it is legitimate pregnancy but wondering where the anomaly comes from

Lets assume her period was on the 10th of july , your wedding 20th july, she conceived between 22-24th of july
However, the scan will show that she conceived on the 10th of july which is not possible.
So even if you go for scan 4 weeks after your wedding, it will show she is 6 weeks pregnant
Its not an anomaly.

5 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Quintuple: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2018
slaywife:

Lets assume her period was on the 10th of july , your wedding 20th july, she conceived between 22-24th of july
However, the scan will show that she conceived on the 10th of july which is not possible.
So even if you go for scan 4 weeks after your wedding, it will show she is 6 weeks pregnant
Its not an anomaly.
Thank you for this
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by coolcatty: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2018
Omoh let temptations bigger than us not come our way in Jesus name...Amen.

@Op...go to where you had your bath and carry your towel.

Best Regards

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by UjuJoan2: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
genq:

Or

How @ the bolded? If she was fertile on her wedding night then the chances of her conceiving is almost 100%!

5 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by UjuJoan2: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
Quintuple:

Do you know that true gestational period is 40weeks (10months), and not 36weeks (9months) like most people assume. This is because Conception starts from the day of the last menstrual period, which is between 2-4weeks BEFORE actual conception. So yes, it's very very normal!

Men need to educate themselves about these things before accusing their wives unnecessarily. Knowledge is power!

4 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by UjuJoan2: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
Quintuple:

So it's almost very likely that she was fertile on your wedding night? So what is the 'anomaly' here?

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by delishpot: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=Quintuple post=70742587][/quote]

Ok here goes. By the first day a woman misses her period she is said to be 4 weeks gone. Dr.s calculate the age of a pregnancy using her Last Mrnstrual Period (LPM) so if her last period was 3 weeks before your wedding night then there you have it. They typically dont calculate pregnancy based on the date the sperm meets the eggs. So please keep calm and enjoy the thrill pregnancy brings to the home. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by delishpot: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
Quintuple:

With this (If this scan was done this August ie a few days ago) I can guess she got pregnant in the second week of februuary. If it tallys with your wedding night then that is it.

Please The true gestational age may differ from the scan age. So if scan says 25 weeks the baby may not be that old in real gestational age. Have that in mind also. If you still doubt you can go for DNA test as the final solution.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by LadySarah: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
my scans always measure ahead too cos I have big babies too

Pls don't use your hand and bring in trouble,biko.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by mamadsquare: 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
What you should be most concerned about at this time is the point that says "amniotic fluid markedly reduced", and not the paternity of the child.

I feel so sorry for your said wife, you have been married for just about six months and already having trust issues with your wife so much so that you are seeking "advice" or validation of your convictions from total strangers. You do not have a clear understanding of something such as this and you didn't seek out a medical professional to enlighten you, or even do a little research on Google, rather you brought it to advisors on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Eketem: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
Poster you should have sort clarification from the doctor I assumed you went together.

What would have happened to your wife if you came and people started saying ignorantly that the baby is not your own? Would you have gone to attack her?
If he had asked during Antenatal he would be more concerned about the fact that she is loosing fluid which keeps the baby alive and comfortable at such an early stage, this usually happens at week 38 or 39 when it will be okay to take the baby out not now. She should be in the hospital being monitored to prevent any emergency

Always ask the right questions at antenatal

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by spongeisback: 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
OP your wife was ovulating on your wedding night so pregnancy is 100% possible.

The best way to calculate pregnancy is with LMP i.e last menstral period. Scan is based on measurements of the foetus and sometimes it can be ahead or behind depending on the size of the baby.

If I were you I will be worried about my wife having a healthy baby not worrying about this.

My sister's scan was 7 weeks and 3 days ahead but she gave birth on her LMP given EDD.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by biterkola: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
mamadsquare:
What you should be most concerned about at this time is the point that says "amniotic fluid markedly reduced", and not the paternity of the child.

I feel so sorry for your said wife, you have been married for just about six months and already having trust issues with your wife so much so that you are seeking "advice" or validation of your convictions from total strangers. You do not have a clear understanding of something such as this and you didn't seek out a medical professional to enlighten you, or even do a little research on Google, rather you brought it to advisors on Nairaland.

Very shameful act.Paranoid somebody coming to Nairaland for children to comment.

Hope he's not projecting his problems to an innocent woman

He'd better focus on the markedly low level of amniotic fluid as that has to be strictly observed over the next few weeks as viability will be impacted especially as she isn't that far along yet.

Op, you're better off questioning your doctor about the implications of the result of the scan.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Quintuple:
Thank you in abundance. Many things were going inside my mind. I trust the wife, just wondering how is that possible.

Better raise your concerns now my friend. These women are something else...anyway I don't blame you now cos new wife still dey shack you.

The only sure fire way to know if that child is yours is to run a DNA test.

Do you really think your wife will tell you she cheated if she did?

Now Oga, find time to read the first post of this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4073886/man-just-discovered-unthinkable-before

Do you know if that man had not done those tests he would have been raising another man's child without his knowledge?

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW OGA. THE FIRST DAY OF MENSTRUATION UP UNTIL OVULATION IS ALREADY ACCOUNTED FOR AND NOT INCLUDED IN THE AGE OF A PREGNANCY FROM SCAN REPORT

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Exponental(m): 6:25am On Aug 31, 2018
Was it a "no marriage no sex" thing? if yes, wasn't she a virgin, if no, relax and take care of the unborn child. You can have a paternity test later. I agree with the +/- 2/3 weeks thing. 2 test I did then had two different results.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by delishpot: 8:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Exponental:
Was it a "no marriage no sex" thing? if yes, wasn't she a virgin, if no, relax and take care of the unborn child. You can have a paternity test later. I agree with the +/- 2/3 weeks thing. 2 test I did then had two different results.

Are you a sonographer?

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by eyinjuege: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
The best most accurate scans are those done early in pregnancy. Usually, most scans done give you a plus/minus 2 weeks accuracy.

If you're worried about paternity, wait till th3 child is born and do one
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by eyinjuege: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
Mille:

Scans carried out in later pregnancy are not the most reliable. It's better to rely on those carried out within the first 12 weeks.
Then they always give +/- 2 weeks when reporting, so consider that also.
Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2018
mamadsquare:

I feel really sorry for the wife. What a childish act! How can you have such a terrible trust issue. His original post has no iota of emotion and he was even trying so hard not to personalize the post. More like he was 'asking for a friend' . Heigod! Where are the real men!

1 Like

Re: 22 Weeks Old Marriage But 25 Weeks Old Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2018
Your marriage is less than 6 months and rather than supporting your pregnant wife you already don't trust her!!OMG

Pls I beg you ,whatever past experiences you must have had in the past that is about to make you break this marriage,now may be a good time to let go.

This is your wife we are talking about here...pls save youraelf this mental stress and just love her and pamper her for the sake of the baby,in a few weeks the baby will be born ,u can satisfy your curiosity after then...

This is really not worth it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divorce Looms:micheaI Ilesanm&america's Angela Deem Argue On Childbearing(video) / What Makes You Appreciate Life? / Trapped In A Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.