Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round (6523 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds to the QuaterFinals?

Spain: 68% (11 votes)
Portugal: 31% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Portugal - U20 World Cup (2 - 3) On 21st June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by scantee(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2010
up spain/barca that what we called footie at is best.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by sulad82i(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
winner take all
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by DrKitaun(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
Jalether

what did Figo do with Portugal ? George Weah with Liberia ?

Kaka is a consistent club and national team player, let Messi win something at senior team level b4 we get carried away with his club level exploits.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by PurestBoy(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
@Mamagee & Messi Haterz:

What will Messi do to please you guyz? While he was performing better for Barca u pple said it's because he has midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta and without them he'll do nothing. Now he's doing same thing for Argies and u pple again say it's because he's playing alongside Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain meanwhile 6 or 7 out of Argentina 10 goals directly came from his effort. Name one single player in the world now that has been able to attract 4 to 5 defenders to himself?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by latepa(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
I understand something about C.ororo haters,anytime he's in a team and don't win they'll put all the blame on him, well it's not easy to be a star player anyday
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by otukpo(f): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
a very interesting match.
The Portu were no match for the spanish
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mufikings(m): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
Barca dominates quarterfinals

Edgar Fornós
[size=8pt][/size]
Players from FC Barcelona are leading the way in the World Cup. Of the 14 players who started the competition, 10 still have a chance of winning the Cup and are making a huge contribution to there respective teams.

Now that the tournament is down to the last 8, Barca not only has more players involved than any other club, but they are also producing some of the best individual performances.

Passing kings

Foto_Espanya.jpgBarca is famous for its passing style of football so the fact that three of the top four players in the ranking of passes are Barca players comes as no great surprise. Xavi leads the way with 368 passes, follow by Sergio with 327, while Piqué is fourth with 306.

Top guns

Messi tops the shooting ranking with 23, with 13 on target – also the highest total. He’s closely followed by David Villa with 12.

Villa top scorer

villa.JPGRecent signing David Villa is also joint top scorer in the competition (four goals so far) - along with Gonzalo Higuain and Robert Vittek. However, Vittek won’t be scoring any more as Slovakia have already been eliminated by Holland.

Every minute

Messi, Piqué and Puyol have played every minute of every match so far – 360 minutes. Villa comes very close – he was substituted two minutes from the end of the match against Portugal.

Man-of-the-match

Four Barca players have been chosen as man-of-the match: Messi in the match between Argentina and Greece; Villa (Spain v Honduras); Iniesta (Spain v Chile) and Xavi (Spain v Portugal).
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by PurestBoy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
Barca All The Way, So nothing for the English Boyz, not even a MOTM performance for any English guyz
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Jalether

Kaka is a consistent club and national team player, let Messi win something at senior team level b4 we get carried away with his club level exploits.

Atleast figo consistently performed well and won many trophies for his clubsides. what has kaka done in the last 2 years. zilch.

Kaka is thriving on reputation rather than actual performance on the pitch. In the last two years Messi, xavi,Iniesta,Fabregas, David Villa, Drogba

Rooney, Ronaldo et al have all outperformed the overrated kaka.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by davidif: 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
[size=28pt]FOOTBALL FANS ARE NOT KNOWN FOR THERE SENSE OF REALISM.[/size]

How can Portugal an average side that has been punching above there weight for almost a decade be expected to get past Spain, a team much more talented. The reason why C. Ronaldo hardly does well for Portugal is the fact that he is the most talented player on the team so the defense is designed solely to stop him. The portuguese team is not as talented as Manchester United or Real Madrid and its unfair that people expect one man lift an entire team.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
Jalether

Where was kaka at the age of 22.

Kaka is thriving on reputation rather than actual performance on the pitch. In the last two years Messi, xavi,Iniesta,Fabregas, David Villa, Drogba

Rooney, Ronaldo et al have all outperformed the overrated kaka.

Kaka has at least 2 assist in this world cup? Tell us what Rooney has achieved in 2 world cups vs superpowers like Paraguay, Trinidad, Ecuador, Slovenia, Algeria and USA

C ororo was only able to score vs North Korea
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
Shall we all face the quarterfinals and stop lamenting on an old stuff

The portuguese might have just arrived home now anyway. grin
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Where was kaka at the age of 22.

Kaka has at least 2 assist in this world cup? Tell us what Rooney has achieved in 2 world cups vs superpowers like Paraguay, Trinidad, Ecuador, Slovenia, Algeria and USA

C ororo was only able to score vs North Korea

Compare kaka's club performance and achievement to the listed players over the last 2 years.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
Why the last 2 yrs? Kaka is 28 they are 25 and 23.

Why not compare Ronaldo Lima to Rooney in the last 3 yrs to made a judgment on Ronaldos capabilities?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Why the last 2 yrs? Kaka is 28 they are 25 and 23.

Why not compare Ronaldo Lima to Rooney in the last 3 yrs to made a judgment on Ronaldos capabilities?

Are you actually this daft

Where in my post did I imply that kaka has ALWAYS [/b]been overrated. he was simply magnificent between 2005-07, no doubt.

The crux of the issue is, what has kaka done in the last two years to merit the hype sorrounding him? kaka is past his prime and

should never be regarded as a world class player anymore. [b]Many [/b]players have [b]outperformed [/b]kaka, based on the last 2 years, but guess what, he

still gets[b] more recognition and appraisal
than them. he is living on past glory, simples.

if kaka is/was worth £50 million then Iniesta,Xavi,Fabregas,Sneijder, lampard et al should command £100 million on the transfer market.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by lexyy: 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
this is bacelona in south africa
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
Did you just mention lampard and fabregas?

Then I know you are talking through your as-s
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 11:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
latepa:

I understand something about C.ororo haters,anytime he's in a team and don't win they'll put all the blame on him, well it's not easy to be a star player anyday
I know it's quite depressing and frustrating. . .

They put all the blame on him because he's a star but let truth be told his teammates are average.

And it's funny that during the match, when he allows them to play, they go home with tears.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
the goal

iniesta  to xavi to villa

what more can i say, (MES QUE UNO CLUB)

meanyl, how come fabregas no fit see starting shirt for spain

reason, he is a big fish in a small arsenal pond
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
Bayern has the most players left in the world cup. 11

Bayern players have scored more goals than any other clubs 7 goals
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^^^^^^

with half or them playing in the german team

wot of the barcelona players, how many
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
Dont the Barcelona players play in Spain? or why cant they score?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
kobikwelu:

the goal

iniesta  to xavi to villa

And your point is?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Did you just mention lampard and fabregas?

Then I know you are talking through your as-s

You have never been known to be objective especially when anything relating to England,arsenal and epl is the focal point of discussion

so I ain't surprised. no be 2day, he don tey
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by debosky(m): 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Cesc is a small fish yet the Laporta is ready to sell Camp Nou just to get his signature? Doesn't sound like a small fish to me.  grin

dayokanu:

Bayern has the most players left in the world cup. 11

If care is not taken, the only one left will be the long haired De Michaelis once the Argies are done with Germany.  wink
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
You have never been known to be objective especially when anything relating to England,arsenal and epl is the focal point of discussion

so I ain't surprised. no be 2day, he don tey

I am serious, How can you be mentioning benchwarmer Fabregas and Fat Frank when mentioning correct footballers?

havent you been watching world class players on display in the last 2 weeks?

If care is not taken, the only one left will be the long haired De Michaelis once the Argies are done with Germany.

Robben and Van Bommel, Even if care is taken which Arsenal player can you point to that has made any meaningful impact at this world cup.

Bayern players have 7 goals already tell us about Arsenal players.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by debosky(m): 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Robben and Van Bommel, Even if care is taken which Arsenal player can you point to that has made any meaningful impact at this world cup.

Might be eliminated by Brazil. wink

Bayern players have 7 goals already tell us about Arsenal players.

We have 2 goals already - besides, Arsenal players weren't lucky enough to face waste pipes like England to rack up goals. grin
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2010
2 goals after 2 week, Thats 1 goal per week shocked shocked shocked is that a football club? Podolskis left leg is more potent than all Arsenal players at this world cup.

Might be eliminated by Brazil.

That would end the Arsenal interest in the world cup too.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
the goal

iniesta to xavi to villa

And your point is?

@jeleather

my point being to let arsenal fans know that is fab is over-hyped,overpriced and definately not worth the trouble to barca

hmmmmmmmmm,

mayb u are one of 'em, hence your reaction
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by Goalzilla: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2010
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by abiola4rea: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2010
hahah
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 1:37am On Jul 28, 2010
Goalzilla:

no more christiano ronaldo in this world cup hehe grin grin

[img]http://s01.flagcounter.com/count/X1h/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img]
What's so funny?

Are you okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali's Daughter: "I Don't Regret Telling My Dad Before I Left Islam / 10 Professional WWE Wrestlers From Africa, 5 Are Nigerians (photos) / NPFL: Bendel United Beat Akwa United 2-0 In Season Opener (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.