Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan (5511 Views)

Jonathan’s Foreign Trips Gulp N3.3bn …travelled 20 Times In 2012 / Fayose Attacks Fayemi Again Over N3.3bn Governor’s Lodge. / Efcc Storms Abia Over N3.3bn Scam - Goes After Gov’s Wife, Commissioner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by naijaway(m): 12:52am On Jun 30, 2010
There's no need for yatch worthsoever until majority of the responsibilities have been met eg roads, light, more than 70% internal security, refubishing of schools etc As we all know a continous progressive government can accomplish these tasks and more in 30yrs but as we also know most Nigerians don't condone vast progress when they can eat the money and still be hailed by the collective owners of the money; inorder words, no presidential yatch even a N100,000 worth. He/future presidents can always sail on one of the frigates afterall there's nothing that indicates that the sea is his/any presidents most travelled route. Then maintenance cost, then security cost then just stupid stupidity for just uttering such a non intelligent idea, HELL NO !!!
Nigeria @ 50 and it still seems like it will take another 50yrs to be ingrained in basic principles and a maintained basic infrastructure. From a young age it is cool to cheat (normal thing for many) to campuses where many are cultist (still a normal thing). And someone calls that a foundation to build upon when what i said are still rampant. anyway sha, ahead ahead.
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by kobikwelu(m): 1:04am On Jun 30, 2010
There's no need for yatch worthsoever until majority of the responsibilities have been met eg roads, light, more than 70% internal security, refubishing of schools etc As we all know a continous progressive government can accomplish these tasks and more in 30yrs but as we also know most Nigerians don't condone vast progress when they can eat the money and still be hailed by the collective owners of the money; inorder words, no presidential yatch even a N100,000 worth. He/future presidents can always sail on one of the frigates afterall there's nothing that indicates that the sea is his/any presidents most travelled route. Then maintenance cost, then security cost then just silly stupidity for just uttering such a non intelligent idea, HELL NO !!!
Nigeria @ 50 and it still seems like it will take another 50yrs to be ingrained in basic principles and a maintained basic infrastructure. From a young age it is cool to cheat (normal thing for many) to campuses where many are cultist (still a normal thing). And someone calls that a foundation to build upon when what i said are still rampant. anyway sha, ahead ahead.

^^^^^^^

AN OVERFLOGGED ISSUE!!! IF U TELL MI
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by nearest(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2010
xterra2:

Um No,Just Give Navy the money to repair their 6 non-workin Ships
I do think that Our President Deserves a Helicopter Operated by the Navy not a Yatch for god sake (He has but not ONLY him uses, yaradua used Navys Auguta in Ondo)
In the Nigeria @ 50 let us have a military parade + an air show and advertisment  and fireworks instead [/b]of this nonsentical 10 billion

On the bold parts above i would say; [b]really? you want another air disaster? with our poor maintenance culture in the military you want them to bring out these old poorly maintained jets for air display? You wan kill people when go watch the display be that!
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by bisiaet: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2010
This cant be true please posters check the credibility of this thread well before we say anything because how come Yacht in the whole issue has any president use Yacht ever in Nigeria? I f we are talking of jet is a different thing but Yach I personally beleif this cant be true.

Yacht for what? What is the relevant of Yacht with the presidency? Even the two worst demons of corruption mentor in the history of Nigeria presidency(IBB & Abacha) never talk of Yacht talkless of Jonathan Pls lets check it well before we overreacted. God bless
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by princekevo(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2010
{jst sigh and browse over to the next page} Am i not tired of reading billions of naira meant to be shared by our criminals(leaders).
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by teekay8(m): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2010
May God help us!
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
saintchux :

While I do not support reckless spending. I know that the budget for 50th anniversary is 10B. I don't know how navy will take 3.3B alone. Just thinking, Presidential Yatch is not a bad idea, if it will be maintained.

However. We have to celebrate. We have to enjoy, We have jubilate. We can wait for all Nigeria problem to be solve before we celebrate. But let the celebration be decent and worthwhile.

I think you av been least reasonable,
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by sley4life(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Its on the high side
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by ThinkRait: 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
News Source: DAILY TRUST.

I see this as mere propaganda. Remember the 'Yar Adua will soon resume duty' era of news reporting? Same Daily Trust.
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Kx: 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
I have noticed something in NL.
If a news item is reported reported by Daily Trust, some people concludes the newspaper is ethnic.
If a news item is reported by saharareporters, some say it is a faceless never to be trusted news media.
If a news item is reported by Champion, they say it only sees the maginalisation of ndigbo.

Cant we just take the message without  dwelling on the messenger?

After buying a yatch for whoever, when shall we build a golden city for "our president"?
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
I really pray this is not true
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kx:

I have noticed something in NL.
If a news item is reported reported by Daily Trust, some people concludes the newspaper is ethnic.
If a news item is reported by saharareporters, some say it is a faceless never to be trusted news media.
If a news item is reported by Champion, they say it only sees the maginalisation of ndigbo.

Cant we just take the message without  dwelling on the messenger?

After buying a yatch for whoever, when shall we build a golden city for "our president"?
that reminds me.what happened to #7 BILLION that was budgeted to be used for the building of vice-president residence when jonathan was still the vice president ? Any idea
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

that reminds me.what happened to #7 BILLION that was budgeted to be used for the building of vice-president residence when jonathan was still the vice president ? Any idea

Has been buried in the casket with Yar'Adua
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Has been buried in the casket with Yar'Adua
jonathan needs to convince nigerians that he wont ruin this country before 2011.his likeness for lavishness is starting pi.ss me off
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

jonathan needs to convince nigerians that he wont ruin this country before 2011.his likeness for lavishness is starting pi.ss me off

I am kinda disappointed as well.
i expected him to come in, change all the stuff, and tighten the wallet a little and not just spend on dumb stuff.
But i guess he needs to spend for the godfathers to be able to lead for another 4 years.
Story of Nigerian politics that makes me sick
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am kinda disappointed as well.
i expected him to come in, change all the stuff, and tighten the wallet a little and not just spend on dumb stuff.
But i guess he needs to spend for the godfathers to be able to lead for another 4 years.
Story of Nigerian politics that makes me sick
i only see him as someone who has become greedy.he was never ambitious about this presidency stuff,i guess the money in the treasury is now the apple of his eyes.nigerians politicians are all the same either once a billionaire or a poor lecturer,they all end up messing up the country.
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i only see him as someone who has become greedy.he was never ambitious about this presidency stuff,i guess the money in the treasury is now the apple of his eyes.nigerians politicians are all the same either once a billionaire or a poor lecturer,they all end up messing up the country.

I wont draw up a conclusion just yet, time will tell, cos i no understand anymore oh
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by xterra2(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wont draw up a conclusion just yet, time will tell, cos i no understand anymore oh
I advice you draw ur conclusion now and it should be Jonathan is not serious he is a bad president that will end up ruining nigeria or possibly breaking her up
IF not you shall be more disappointed
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by xterra2(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
nearest:

On the bold parts above i would say; really? you want another air disaster? with our poor maintenance culture in the military you want them to bring out these old poorly maintained jets for air display? You wan kill people when go watch the display be that!
Let me tell you something you are a hard core critic even with the facts you still criticise
With your comment above, did you know the NAF 2010 Air expo (NAF-nijas air force) that was done in May check Tributes to our military for SOME pictures
1, our jets arent poorly maintanes
2, Kill the viewers? IN the AIR EXPO they had an air display from helicopters,transport planes,and fighter jets and it took off and landed safely
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by Beaf: 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
xterra2:

Let me tell you something you are a hard core critic even with the facts you still criticise
With your comment above, did you know the NAF 2010 Air expo (NAF-nijas air force) that was done in May check Tributes to our military for SOME pictures
1, our jets arent poorly maintanes
2, Kill the viewers? IN the AIR EXPO they had an air display from helicopters,transport planes,and fighter jets and it took off and landed safely

Are you joking?
You better go and learn more about the disgraceful state of disrepair of our airforce. It is something that is repeated in all military journals, look these things up before commenting.
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by chidichris(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
hmm. . . . interesting . .

So why exactly does the president of Nigeria need a yacht? I would understand a Navy ship or something but a YACHT, and for the president? hhmmm

What next? The Army will offer to purchase him a Lamborghini? Undecided Undecided Undecided

WOW!!

@kobojunkie,
if i am not mistaking, i remembered u insulting me on one or two occassions for asking questions over the activities of our govt. u were angry over my reasons for complaining when i wld act. pls if u are the same person, why are u complaining now?
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by sim1050: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2010
[size=8pt][center]www.greatbooks.350.com[/center][/size]
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by stmarc32(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2010
Chai, Nigeria is really bleeped up, down here they just took the prime minister out for not working a deal out with the mining industry and the new pm is under fire for using the presidential jet for a party meeting, Nigeria is a dead country, the only way is to shoot corrupt leaders if they are found guilty ,People like GJ,OBJ,IBB, e.t.c, They are all looking for ways to siphon money out of the country , same way they spent millions on OBJS Library, I hope the nigerian leaders now know that the world won't need petrol in a matter of yrs everything has been revolutionized, so when there is no more money to steal and the country is languishing in poverty, its going to be everyman for himself, and thats going to be the end of the nonentical entity called Naija, the idiots are venting about nigeria's failure at the world stage, they r only showing the world what nigeria partly is, Best thing for we Nigerians is to Stand up and start a revolution like the one in Iran and other countries, but nobody wan go heaven nowwww but keep in mind struggle of today will only bring prosperity to the nation, every western country is enjoying from the pain and struggle of their ancestors and forefathers,
Re: Navy Wants To Buy N3.3bn Presidential Yatch For Jonathan by plaindealer: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
This Yacht thing again, since 2010?

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? / GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! / Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.