Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know (714 Views)

How To Use Uda Seed Or Water To Prevent Pregnancy / Busty Nigerian Ladies Recount How Men Stare At Them & Nasty Experiences / How Men Greet People's Girlfriends Vs How Ladies Greet People's Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know by funkeolotu(f): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2018
Vasectomy is rarely spoken about, Most times when we talk about birth control methods we focus on the women, a lot of people do not know that apart from condom there’s another way men can be in charge of preventing pregnancy. I read one of the most knowledgeable and very explanatory thread I’ve read on twitter about Vasectomy by Dr. Olufunmilayo, a Medical doctor on twitter that shares useful information about health on twitter.

Recently about a few days ago, I did a little poll here on my page to try to find out how much men know about Vasectomy and how many more are willing to have one done. And here attached are screenshots of the results.

Please have a look.

What do you think of those results?

For the sake of discussion, I’m going to assume all the voters were men.
Anyway, out of 506 men, 86% have heard of #Vasectomy before while 14% has not.
However out of 329 men, 52% were willing to have a vasectomy done, but up to 48% say they would not.

Wow.
This says a lot.

What is a Vasectomy?

A vasectomy (also called male sterilization or permanent male contraception) is a surgical procedure to cut or seal the tubes that carry a man’s sperm with the aim to permanently prevent pregnancy.

I must quickly add a caveat here tho.
While Vasectomy is regarded as a “permanent” form of male contraception and while some people refer to it as “male sterilization”, it is actually a reversible procedure.
So technically, as long as it is not tampered with, it is permanent.

Do I need to be admitted to a hospital to have a Vasectomy done and is it a major procedure?

No.
A vasectomy is not a major procedure at all.Being admitted to the hospital is not the norm as it is a simple procedure, the incisions are small, and the equipment needed is routine.

Read all the information here. Sure it will answer your questions

http://olotufunke.com/vasectomy-how-its-done-and-all-you-need-to-know
Re: How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know by Bluezy13(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
"A vasectomy (also called male sterilization or PERMANENTLY male contraception) is a surgical procedure to cut or seal the tubes that carry a man’s sperm with the aim to PERMANENTLY prevent pregnancy."

Biko, I no follow o...
Re: How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know by chiommy123(f): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2018
You are telling someone that has no child to permanently block his kini. Op mind yourself oh
Re: How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know by funkeolotu(f): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
Bluezy13:
"A vasectomy (also called male sterilization or PERMANENTLY male contraception) is a surgical procedure to cut or seal the tubes that carry a man’s sperm with the aim to PERMANENTLY prevent pregnancy."

Biko, I no follow o...
it’s defined like that because if it’s not tampered with (not reversed) it’s permanent
Re: How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know by funkeolotu(f): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
chiommy123:
You are telling someone that has no child to permanently block his kini. Op mind yourself oh
No joor, it’s because you didn’t finish reading it on my blog. It’s mostly advised for older men to do it.
Re: How Men Can Prevent Pregnancy- Vasectomy. All You Need To Know by Bluezy13(m): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
funkeolotu:
it’s defined like that because if it’s not tampered with (not reversed) it’s permanent

I understand.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With My Love Life! / Hottest Gigs In Ibadan / On The Craze For Perverted Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.