Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. (5852 Views)

Gov. Fashola Donates Buses To University Of Lagos Students(photos) / Fashola Donates Flat To Widow Of Lastma Victim / Fashola donates Laptops to outstanding students of UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by farayiola(f): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday

To mark his 47th birthday, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), at the weekend handed over an ultra-modern crèche to the Catholic Women Organization of the Church of Annunciation at Abraham Adesanya Estate, Ajah, Lagos.

The Governor, who clocked 47 on the 28th of June, also urged all his well wishers not to place advertisements for the occasion but to donate to motherless babies’ homes and the needy.

Fashola donated the structure with his wife, Abimbola, at a ceremony held at the Abraham Adesanya Housing Estate, Ajah.
The governor said he could not understand why people celebrate a day they were unaware of what happened.

He said: “If the arrival of any child is considered momentous in the lives of certain people, the best way to continue that momentous occasion is to use what we have to also make it momentous in the lives of so many other people.”

Fashola appealed to the members of the Catholic Women Organization to ensure that everybody within the estate have access to the crèche.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Oyebanji07(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
Nice one!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by adventisty: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
happy birthday bro!!!
Please,balance the equation.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by omega25red(m): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2010
if that is true then that man seems to be a very good man
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by DoubleN(m): 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hurray!!!My Cousin is +1 grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by shadrach77: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
for a moselem governor to do this is very encouraging - if only others could follow suit
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by fugocisse: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2010
happy birthday fashiola, may the almighty GOD grant you wisdome,longlife and inspirations. keep up with your good works you are a friend to good nigerians.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Ranoscky(m): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2010
Thank GOD for adding 1 more yr to ur existence!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by ud4u: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
Good idea and good politics
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by redsun(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2010
And he donated to the right church that are relatively more charitable than the rest of the witch,demon and vain hunting churches
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2010
Happy Birthday
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by PurestBoy(m): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2010
Nice one from a Muslim governor
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by MUZBO(m): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2010
Exactly, why should anyone celebrate a date you dont remember except you should help other newly borns!!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by biggy4joe(m): 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Poster,as a nairalander i would have demanded for the link but i know wat Mr Fashola can do,
MR Governor sir, may you live long for what you are doing for our "beloved" country, unlike the Daniels,Akala's and other cultist that claim 2 be governors u have stand out and ur record speaks for itself,
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by OAM4J: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
Nice way to mark a birthday. Happy Birthday to BRF.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2010
47 Birthday: Fashola Hands Over Crèche To Women Organisation
…Urges well wishers not to place congratulatory adverts for him

Jun 26, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Saturday handed over an ultra modern Crèche to the Catholic Women Organization of the Church of Annunciation in the Abraham Adesanya Estate, Ajah to mark his 47th birthday.

Meanwhile, the Governor has also urged all his well wishers not to place congratulatory adverts for him but to use such funds as donations to homes for the motherless and the needies spread across the State who would better appreciate it.

The Governor who personally donated the structure with his wife, Mrs Abimbola Fashola, while speaking at the handing over ceremony which took place at the Abraham Adesanya Housing Estate, Ajah said he hoped the crèche will have meaning for the children that it is expected to cater for.

He said he finds it difficult to understand why people celebrate their birthdays when no one can say or remember when he was born, adding that: "If the arrival of any child is considered momentous in the lives of certain people, the best way to continue that momentous occasion is to use what we have to also make it momentous in the lives of so many other people".

Governor Fashola appealed to the members of the Catholic Women Organisation to ensure that everybody within the estate have access to the Crèche and enjoy its usage subject to conditions that they set.

He also informed that the Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (WAPA) will maintain a supervisory role over the crèche in dealing with issues of women and children.

The Governor added that this has become necessary because some people in the name of managing institutions like crèche and Orphanages have used them to perpetrate crime and engage in trafficking of children.

He said it is by setting non-discriminatory entry and exit conditions for the usage of the crèche that the society can be integrated by allowing the children of a Permanent Secretary and the child of a driver to grow up together.

In his words: "This is the way we can unify society. This is why it is important to continue to invest in public schools because they are the equalizers and stabilizers of the society".

"When the child of the high and the low and the medium grow together, the child of the rich sees poverty on one side while the child of the poor sees prosperity on the other side and is inspired to work hard", he added.

The Lagos State helmsman affirmed that this represents the only way to eliminate class and caste system in the society because when children grow up together they inevitably become lifelong friends irrespective of their backgrounds.

He commended the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Mrs Adejoke Orelope Adefulire who supervised the construction for doing a good job, adding that she is one member of the cabinet who would be given a task and deliver on it creditably.

The Governor who told the audience that the construction of the crèche came about after he got a letter asking for assistance from the Catholic Women Organisation to build a crèche, said he felt compelled to support the good initiative of the women and dedicate it to mark his birthday.

Speaking earlier, the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Mrs Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire commended Governor Fashola for always using his birthdays to put smiles on the face of the underprivileged and the needy.

She recollected that two years ago, the Governor on the occasion of his birthday donated a Motherless babies hospital and that last year, he also handed over the Micheal Oyemade Ogunjobi children's home in Surulere.

In his welcome address, the Parish Priest of the Catholic Church of Annunciation in Abraham Adesanya Estate, Ajah, Reverend Father Cosmas Mordi expressed the appreciation of the church to the Governor for the gesture and wished him many more years in good health.

He promised that the church would make the best use of the facility in taking care of all the children without any form of discrimination.

The Governor later cut the tape and unveiled the plaque of the crèche to formally hand over the facility to the Catholic Women Organisation of the Catholic Church of Annunciation in Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah to mark his 47th birthday.

The event was witnessed by a representative of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Reverend Monsignor Francis Ogunmodede, members of the Catholic Women Organisation of the Catholic Church of Annunciation, Ajah.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2010
The Governor is religion blind.

He's a practicing Muslim and his wife is a practicing Catholic.

Pics here,

http://happylagosian..com/2010/06/happy-birthday-mr-governorfashola.html
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Newest: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
Happy Birthday Sir,
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2010
May the almighty God continue to bless Gov. Fashola. May he continue to provide for you as his child even as u have have provided for these children. May our lord Jesus Christ grant your true heart desires Gov. general! Amen.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by PurestBoy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
Look at what this blessed man is doing while his horrible-looking BadGoodluck Jonatahan wants to acquire 3BN yatch to himself.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by temisafety: 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2010
It sounds really pleasant to the ears. Happy birthday Governor!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by CarlosVent(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
is he a catholic?
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2010
CarlosVent:

is he a catholic?

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2010
For what it's worth::::::::::::::

Lagos — Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, is a great admirer of football and make no mistakes about it, he enjoys playing the game and at the same time employs it as fitness routine, according to one of his aides.

The Lagos helmsman usually puts status aside to train with other footballers every Sunday at different locations across the state. He also engages in competitive matches with the All Stars football team, an outfit that comprised ex-internationals.

His passion for body exercise led him to put up some recreational centres in strategic places in the state. Fashola would unarguably pass as one governor that has no protruding stomach, a development sources believe was sequel to constant body exercise.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201006210377.html
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by mrkoma2012: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2010
Kudos to Gov.Fashola, Eko o ni baje sir
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by TheClown: 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2010
I've been saying and would continue to say; if all muslims were like Yoruba muslims, If my muslim brothers in the north can be like Yoruba muslims, Nigeria would've been 40% more of a nation. Coming from the North and witnessing things first hand, Yoruba muslims are the true muslims ( since Islam is often called a religion of peace) and I personally respect them so much! I always want to listen to them. Fashola is a product of that society and I'm not surprised to say the least!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by johndavid1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2010
temisafety:

It sounds really pleasant to the ears. Happy birthday Governor!
sure!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Cohomology: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2010
The Clown:

I've been saying and would continue to say; if all muslims were like Yoruba muslims, If my muslim brothers in the north can be like Yoruba muslims, Nigeria would've been 40% more of a nation. Coming from the North and witnessing things first hand, Yoruba muslims are the true muslims ( since Islam is often called a religion of peace) and I personally respect them so much! I always want to listen to them. Fashola is a product of that society and I'm not surprised to say the least!

True talk my brother.

Among Yoruba Muslims, we still have some the loony Sharia-loving bloodthirsty kill-the-infidels crackpots, however, the majority sane Muslims do a good job in keeping the jihadist types in check.

If ALL Muslims could be like Fashola, the average lifespan for humans will increase!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by mamagee3(f): 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2010
Creche, Who?

I doubt anyone knows him, now let's get back to serious business.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by ladej(m): 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
mama-gee:

Creche, Who?

I doubt anyone knows him, now let's get back to serious business.

mama gee u don come here with ur wahala
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 12:12am On Jun 30, 2010
who says Fashola is a Muslim?
The man attends revivals,crusades and answers Halleluia when people shout Praise the Lord.
He is no Muslim abeg
He is 75% Christian.
I hear his siblings are Christians
His wife is a Christian
It's only a matter of time.
I bet you he reads his Bible daily and kneels to pray at night
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2010
0hsisi:

who says Fashola is a Muslim?
The man attends revivals,crusades and answers Halleluia when people shout Praise the Lord.
He is no Muslim abeg
He is 75% Christian.
I hear his siblings are Christians
His wife is a Christian
It's only a matter of time.
I bet you he reads his Bible daily and kneels to pray at night

Dumb and ignorant talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose / Gunmen Attack Governor Jang’s Village / Day Of Judgement: Sgt. Rogers Crippled In Car Crash - Latest News.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.