Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,637 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. (5857 Views)

Gov. Fashola Donates Buses To University Of Lagos Students(photos) / Fashola Donates Flat To Widow Of Lastma Victim / Fashola donates Laptops to outstanding students of UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by sjeezy8: 12:34am On Jun 30, 2010
0hsisi:

who says Fashola is a Muslim?
The man attends revivals,crusades and answers Halleluia when people shout Praise the Lord.
He is no Muslim abeg
He is 75% Christian.
I hear his siblings are Christians
His wife is a Christian
It's only a matter of time.
I bet you he reads his Bible daily and kneels to pray at night

what nonsense are you saying you religion obsessed thing ? where your makeup and your red nose dey clown?

- post good to hear and its not a big deal he is a muslim and giving to a church Tinubu and wife did the same thing.

Mko abiola did the same thing- and half of his kids and wives are christian
Alaafin of Oyo(Oba Lamidi Abdul Hameed Olayiwola Adeyemi III) -muslim and reads the bible as well.

BIG UPS TO FASHOLA
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 12:38am On Jun 30, 2010
I see you're still inhaling that thing
even into June 2010
pele
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by mbulela: 5:34am On Jun 30, 2010
0hsisi:

The man attends revivals,crusades and answers Halleluia when people shout Praise the Lord.
He is no Muslim abeg
He is 75% Christian.
His wife is a Christian
While you are entitled to your opinion, i do think he is a muslim.
He says he is and that settles it.
I am not into ethnic and religious bashing but i must confess that are some muslims that make you proud of humanity. even among the northerners.
the more interesting part of this story is i don'tthink his wife is even a catholic (probably read somewhere that she is protestant).
if we must make progress as a society, we must find a way to see ourselves as fellow humans, before either as ethnic brothers and religious brothers.
After all, those at the top still in unison and as one, they only bring up ethnicity and religion to confuse the masses.

This is an example worthy of emulation.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Rmc1(m): 6:07am On Jun 30, 2010
Happy birthday fashola, a true man of the people
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 6:11am On Jun 30, 2010
Interview: Religious Tolerance, Fasholas' Example

Many people are unaware that the wife of Lagos State Governor, Mrs. Emmanuela Abimbola Fashola is a Catholic. With a Baptist father and a Catholic mother, she had a share of mixed Christianity even before she met Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) who is a Muslim.

www.transparencyng.com/index.php">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tatto2bCj9UJ:www.transparencyng.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D920:interview-religious-tolerance-fasholas-example%26catid%3D89:interview%26Itemid%3D131+abimbola+fashola+catholic&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by EzeUche(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2010
You can't compare a Yoruba Muslims with a Hausa Muslim. Yoruba Muslims are much more milder and calmer than their Hausa Muslim counterparts.

Fashola gives me hope for the Muslims within this nation. Well the Yoruba ones I must say.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2010
0hsisi:

He is no Muslim abeg
He is 75% Christian.
His wife is a Christian

classic osisi

some years ago during the lagos trouser wearing fracas she was practically calling fashola hausa tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-70142.64.html#msg1363568

Now people are talking.
When we mentioned sharia some people gave themselves wedgies Grin
so now we know the fashola of a guy is Muslim.

do we see the subtle sharia involved?,soon we'll find out the sultan is his mother's half brothers cousin,twice removed

typical

if tomorrow he starts under performing or some such, he will instantly revert to 100% muslim of northern extraction, not so? tongue

enjoy our 100% xtian governors, gbenga "lion rider co passenger beater "daniel, alao" the bleach man "akala Theodore "amnesty for kidnappers ' orji etc and leave the muslims alone, thank you very much
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by james1(m): 7:43am On Jun 30, 2010
BRF again!
Achieve more.
Happy birthday to a working governor.
Many happy returns.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2010
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by nearest(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2010
Thank God for his life, he's way better than one ex-governor {former minister for education} who spent 150million on his birthday {allgedly}.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2010
chei oybobo longest time
i love how you have my posts as wallpapers in your bedroom so that when you and sikirat are tangoing,you're reading me
i love that
keep it up
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Greycells(m): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2010
This what leadership is all about!!! Well done Fashola. Correct surulere boy grin grin grin grin

Governor to gbasky cool cool cool
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
The Clown:

I've been saying and would continue to say; if all muslims were like Yoruba muslims, If my muslim brothers in the north can be like Yoruba muslims, Nigeria would've been 40% more of a nation. Coming from the North and witnessing things first hand, Yoruba muslims are the true muslims ( since Islam is often called a religion of peace) and I personally respect them so much! I always want to listen to them. Fashola is a product of that society and I'm not surprised to say the least!
sjeezy8:

what nonsense are you saying you religion obsessed thing ? where your makeup and your red nose dey clown?

- post good to hear and its not a big deal he is a muslim and giving to a church Tinubu and wife did the same thing.

Mko abiola did the same thing- and half of his kids and wives are christian
Alaafin of Oyo(Oba Lamidi Abdul Hameed Olayiwola Adeyemi III) -muslim and reads the bible as well.

BIG UPS TO FASHOLA
EzeUche:

You can't compare a Yoruba Muslims with a Hausa Muslim. Yoruba Muslims are much more milder and calmer than their Hausa Muslim counterparts.

Fashola gives me hope for the Muslims within this nation. Well the Yoruba ones I must say.
excellent contributions !!!!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
i love how you have my posts cheery picked portions of the Quran Hadith etc as wallpapers in your bedroom so that when you and sikirat mr osisi are tangoing,you're thinking of your next incursion into islam for muslims/display of absurdity  . keep it up  tongue

osisi and her xtianity meter  cheesy cheesy cheesy

any muslim who s doing good things is really a christian, any muslim doing bad things is a 100% muslim.

what next ? tongue
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by arojamanja: 1:28am On Jul 01, 2010
I know it doesnt matter because it is for a good cause, but is it Fashola or Lagos State that donated the Creche?
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 2:45am On Jul 01, 2010
arojamanja:

I know it doesnt matter because it is for a good cause, but is it Fashola or Lagos State that donated the Creche?

What difference does it make?
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Pedekunle(m): 5:48am On Jul 01, 2010
I REJOICE WITH YOU SIR. LONGER LYF & MORE PROSPERITY. I'M PROUD OF YOU!
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Pedekunle(m): 5:53am On Jul 01, 2010
[color=#990000][/color][size=15pt]WHY CAN'T SOME OF THESE MEAN GOVERNORS EMULATE FASHOLA? DO THEY THINK IT'S A CRIME TO RULE WELL. I SAY RULE BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE OF RULERS IN NIGERIA THAN LEADERS![/size]
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Ilelobola: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2010
Happy Birthday to the Governor

arojamanja:

Good question. I wonder what he donated to charity or whoever was deserving of his donation before he became governor. Like some would say in Yoruba, "Owo Abu se Abu ni alejo" which I believe translates to "Abu is being entertained at his own expense".
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by KnowAll(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2010
[size=14pt]We need young forward thinking Yoruba men to grasp power in Oyo, Ogun, Oshun States, men in the mould of Fashola and papa Awo who will be able to draw a comprehensive development plan for the region. A development strategy that would encompass regional rail links between Lagos and every nook and cranny of the old Western States.

The way forward is for this 3 states vote AC, and I hope Jega will be bold enough to protect our votes. This divide and rule where some States vote PDP and some AC is not good for the Yoruba nation. It is destroying the soul of a progressive nation, rigging over the years has made inept and un-intelligible people seize power in the these States, thereby turning a once upon a time sacred office into an institution of delinquent bickering, the prestige that comes with the position of Governor has being eroded as these dimwits who are not any better than motor park urchins misuse and misappropriate public funds to the detriment of all.

Half the time the present Governor’s spend the State’s scarce resources like drunken sailors, at a whim, without thinking it over, should one blame them, Capital NO, what do one expect from men who believe serving the people is a guaranteed lottery ticket and an unending overdraft to do the most obscene and despicable thing they can think off, the thought never crosses their silly weak minds for a moment whether the state can afford their shenanigans.

( or how else does one view the Ogun Governor’s unilateral believe that a N100 Billion Bond is the mother of all bail-out required by the state, a sum that the bloody Billy goat in his convoluted mind believe will set the state up for phenomenal development, the man must have forgotten he has already spent 7/12 year in the Job without a clue of what is going on, now he want to saddle his poor state with a huge debt burden, I guess he wants to leave with a huge bang, by drawing down his highest “ Egunje” b4 the curtain closes.)

These inglorious touts should be routed out of Yoruba land in the next dispensation and genuine forward thinking people should take over from this lot. Forward thinking people in Yoruba land are everywhere,  I come across them on a daily basis, the earlier this set of goal getter’s realise next year's  election is open to everyone the better, except if Jega’s  promises to us all, in which he insisted  that next year's election will be the freest in the history of our nation is a fluke which should be discarded without an ounce of sincerity, a position which will be at odds with his earlier stance.

Unfortunately Ondo and Ekiti will have to wait beyond 2011 to choose their next Governor’s, Mimiko of Ondo State is an action man the type we want in Oyo, Oshun and Ogun State. Ondo and Edo State are set-up for great things to come, Edo has taking the stake further by being the first State to introduce a biometric card for her citizens and residents of the state, kudos to Oshimeule on this visionary move, a similar proposal is on Mimiko’s table awaiting approval I hope that will be approved ASAP.[/size]
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2010
Ilelobola:

Happy Birthday to the Governor

Good question. I wonder what he donated to charity or whoever was deserving of his donation before he became governor. Like some would say in Yoruba, "Owo Abu se Abu ni alejo" which I believe translates to "Abu is being entertained at his own expense".

This is how the man celebrate his birthdays and this is what he did last year.

Again, Fashola marks birthday, donates to children’s homes

http://happylagosian..com/2009/06/again-fashola-marks-birthday-donates-to.html

And this is what other Lagosians do on their birthdays,

Lagosians Doing Good And Giving Back.

http://happylagosian..com/2010/02/lagpsians-doinng-good-and-giving-back.html

D’banjD’banj Donates N1m, Doles out $60,000 in Scholarships on 29th Birthday

http://happylagosian..com/2009/07/dbanjdbanj-donates-n1m-doles-out-60000.html

You'll never understand, it's a Lagos thing.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
He is donating Lagos state money to lagos state abeg
he's not doing anything spectacular,it's not coming from his pocket.
The expectations in Nigeria from public officials are so low that when a governor even does 1/10th of what he's expected to do,people are singing his praises.
What a sad situation.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by babapupa: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2010
0hsisi:

He is donating Lagos state money to lagos state abeg
he's not doing anything spectacular,it's not coming from his pocket.
The expectations in Nigeria from public officials are so low that when a governor even does 1/10th of what he's expected to do,people are singing his praises.
What a sad situation.

This has nothing to do with other people's low expectations, it about our leaders and citizens doing good and what we expect them to do with our money or their money.

Curb your mindless bad bele.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by Bush2: 1:33am On Jul 03, 2010
.  ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by dolu2007(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2010
A Welcome development

Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by gbengapro: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2010
You are all brainwashed fools! Fashola donated crèche to church. So what Is the big deal! What has he done to help millions of Homeless lagosians;and those living in sub-standard housing; and for millions of jobless and for millions of hungry children; and for millions without clean water; and for millions in sub-standard schools; and for millions ravaged by flood when it rains. Al-jazeera just described Lagos as one of the worst cities to live. And you dumb fools are praising the corrupt governor for using your tax money to donate crèche to a tiny church. I feel sorry for you sycophants.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by rethink: 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Gbengapro

Keep your rubbish to yourself. What do you mean. He does not need to give one naira to anybody. The Churches that take money from the congregation what have they built.

We have gates High up like prison walls yet the churches emulates the people it supposed to lead. Nonsense How many correctional homes or free lunch homes does any of the church give. Some churches rob the people and give SOMETIMES false hope. The wesleys and other missionary schools were sponsored by people who loved God and people.

I am waiting for any religious mission that would set up free home and feeding for the not yet converted criminals in Lagos. There are young people in Lagos that have no help the criminals provide what the church cant and wont provide to them and their loyalty shifts to their Lords.

@babapupa

Dont mind some people(ohsisi) Dbanj that gave $60,000 out has the right to spend or help. He gave up that freedom so that he would give other people greater freedoms.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by seanet02: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2010
@gbengapro, you have always been against anything that is not from your devilish poverty development party, is there anything wrong with what the man did? Why are you always against progress. what about akala the bingo who is the worst governor in this country. I know you very, be prepared for my continuos attack until you stop your stupidity.
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
seanet02:

@gbengapro, you have always been against anything that is not from your devilish poverty development party, is there anything wrong with what the man did? Why are you always against progress. what about[b] akala the bingo who is the worst governor in this country[/b]. I know you very, be prepared for my continuos attack until you stop your stupidity.

Please leave akala alone jor
It's common knowledge that he buys bleaching cream with his state's money
expensive ones too
people should cut him some slacks
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2010
gbengapro:

You are all brainwashed fools! Fashola donated crèche to church. So what Is the big deal! What has he done to help millions of Homeless lagosians;and those living in sub-standard housing; and for millions of jobless and for millions of hungry children; and for millions without clean water; and for millions in sub-standard schools; and for millions ravaged by flood when it rains. Al-jazeera just described Lagos as one of the worst cities to live. And you dumb fools are praising the corrupt governor for using your tax money to donate crèche to a tiny church.  I feel sorry for you sycophants.

Gbam!
what is a creche?
the woman keeping her children in a creche,can she provide them with food too?
If the baby hurts himself in the creche,where is the hospital and how does she pay for it?
Rubbish.
Let him give the people 24 hr electricity and pipe borne water,jobs and healthcare
he built them a creche with with lagos state money and people are singing his praises
Creche ko
scratch ni
Re: Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. by 0hsisi: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
babapupa:

This has nothing to do with other people's low expectations, it about our leaders and citizens doing good and what we expect them to do with our money or their money.

Curb your mindless bad bele.

That's exactly what it is.
We've grown to expect nothing good from these thieves and the one that uses the spare change from the state treasury after he has chopped belleful to build even one public toilet is hailed as a hero.
Did he build it with his own money?
what bad belle if I may ask
you are the one that needs to impregnate your 4 wives quickly and populate that creche not me grin
I've passed that stage moreover,I don't live in Ojuelegba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Female House Of Reps Member Caught Pants Down / Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose / Buhari's Twitter Condemnation Not Acceptable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.