Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders (789 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by 3Ebisco: 7:37am On Sep 02, 2018
LEAH Sharibu has become a metaphor in the frightening state of security in the country, write BIOLA AZEEZ, MICHAEL OVAT, ABIODUN JIMOH following the circumstances and continued captivity of the abducted schoolgirl by Boko Haram members.

I can confirm to you that the voice that spoke is that of my daughter Leah. It is her voice no doubt. I am happy that I can hear my daughter speak. This has given me hope that she is alive. I am also happy to see her recent picture displayed.

“My request is the same with my daughter. The government should play their part now by intensifying efforts to secure her freedom,” Nathan Shaibu said.

That is part of the latest expression of agony and trauma by a parent, who, in this instance, is the father of Leah. More than six months, beginning from February 18, 2018, Nathan Sharibu and his wife, Rebecca were inflicted physical and psychological torture by Boko Haram insurgents holding her in captivity. The terrorists abducted Leah and 110 other female students of Government Girls’ Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State.

Sharibu remains in the dungeon of virulent Boko Haram members for refusing to renounce her religious inclination and to most concerbed citizens, her story is akin to the poetic phrase; so long, too long!

Nigerians and indeed, other men and women of conscience, share in the agony of the family, pleading with her abductors to set her free. They have consistently sent passionate messages to the authorities in Nigeria to ensure a quick action to enable her savour the air of freedom as her colleagues did long ago. And in a spontaneous reaction to latest outcry by the girl, the government the said it could not give the exact time and date she could regain freedom, saying only providence could tell. Nonetheless, the presidency said the authorities were unrelenting to ensure she breathed the air of freedom.

Of course, the voice of the 15-year-old in the 35-second online audio, which trended on the social media platform last Monday, was emotive and sombre: “I am Leah Sharibu, the girl that was abducted in GGSS Dapchi. I am calling on the government and people of goodwill to intervene to get me out of my current situation. I also plead that the members of the public help my mother, my father, my younger brother and relatives. Kindly help me out of my predicament. I am begging you to treat me with compassion, I am calling on the government, particularly, the president to pity me and get me out of this serious situation. Thank you.”

Tribunechurch engaged some clerics on the horrifying experience the teenager was going through, as well as the real and imagined moves by the authorities to secure her freedom. For Rev Dr Felix Omobude, national president, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), the international community must sustain pressure on the authorities to ensure her release given their uncompromising stance on fundamental human rights and democratic process. He said the Federal government must act swiftly on the Dapchi schoolgirl predicament.

Buhari leaves for China Friday

He said: “ The Federal government should act fast now; it should do the needful and spare no efforts in securing the release of Leah, who has been held hostage for the past seven months. The PFN is considerably worried why it is taking the government such a long time to secure the release of Leah Sharibu from the Boko Haram enclave. The PFN, therefore, calls on the President Muhammadu Buhari -led Federal government to do the needful to reduce the tension her continuous detention against her will, is generating among the Christians in Nigeria and their well-wishers. All those, including the international community who cherish freedom and democratic process should combine efforts to ensure that Leah is released from Boko Haram captivity without further delay.

“The PFN is also calling on all Christians and Nigerians of goodwill to continue to pray for Leah’s safe return and re-union with her family. Miss Leah Sharibu is the Christian girl, who was kidnapped alongside 118 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe State. All the other captured girls were subsequently released, but Leah was held back for her refusal to renounce her Christian faith.”

A similar demand was made by the Catholic Bishop of Awka Dioceses, Most Reverend Paulinus Ezeokafor. According to him, President Buhari must facilitate the release of Leah before the 2019 general election. It would be recalled that the insurgents released 104 of the abducted girls to their families and school authorities on March 21, 2018 after they had spent one month and two days with the ungodly group. Ezeokafor said chances of the president will be bright in next February election if he is able to facilitate the release of Leah from Boko Haram captivity.

The Anglican Bishop of Awka Dioceses, Bishop Alexander Ibezim, who also spoke on the travail of Leah, said the continued detention of the helpless girl by Boko Haram showed an alleged plan to turn Nigeria to an islamic nation. Ibezim, said that Christians were saddened by the traumatic experience the girl was undergoing in the hands of the faceless attackers.

According him, Christians are proud of the faith of Leah, who has dared Boko Haram terrorists. He said no amount of accolades would suffice to congratulate the girl and her parents who nurtured her to be that strong as Christian in her faith as to demonstrate such courage.

The Bishop called on the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), PFN, and other Christian bodies all over the World to embark on 21 days’ fasting and prayers and other necessary action that could lead to Leah’s freedom. He appealed to the international community to assist the Federal Government of Nigeria to secure the release of Leah Sharibu from her captors. He urged the government at all levels, to protect the lives and properties of the citizens as the 2019 elections approach

Pastor Biodun Oyeleye, Dominion Life Bible Church, Gaa Akanbi, Ilorin.

For me, the Christian bodies are doing what they should do concerning her case. They have organised protests; they fasted and prayed, and many are still doing these spiritual activities for her cause. However, I urge the Christian bodies not to relent in their activities; as the Bible says ‘let’s pray until our joy over her case is full. I recommend a series of protests, both nationally and internationally. As for the government, even if they are doing anything, nobody is being made to know. Nigerians must by now be tired of assurances that produce no result. The Federal Government has a duty and responsibility to ensure the safe return of the girl, not just because she is the only Christian but because she is a Nigerian and deserves the best service this nation can give her. Who knows she might be a First Lady tomorrow, or a source of glory to this nation one way or the other.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/leahs-release-is-key-to-2019.html

Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On Sep 02, 2018
I can confirm to you that the voice that spoke is that of my daughter Leah. It is her voice no doubt. I am happy that I can hear my daughter speak. This has given me hope that she is alive. I am also happy to see her recent picture displayed.

We pray everyday she will be back home sooner than expected to be in the arms of her parents, so shall it be by God's grace.
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by Racoon(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2018
Human right/freedom to life is fundamental which is not & should never be attached to any silly political inclination.
These christain leaders are talking rubbish.Guess this is what they would have said were it been it was their biological daughter that was involved
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Who knows she might be a First Lady tomorrow, or a source of glory to this nation one way or the other.

So shall be it.
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by Donald95(m): 7:44am On Sep 02, 2018
post=70826737:
Who knows she might be a First Lady tomorrow, or a source of glory to this nation one way or the other.

So shall be it.

Mechie ọnụ first. We are talking about her release for now
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by Donald95(m): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2018
Racoon:
Human right/freedom to life is fundamental which is not & should never be attached to any silly political inclination.
These christain leaders are talking rubbish.Guess this is what they would have said were it been it was their biological daughter that was involved

They are stylishly trying to make the lifeless one double his effort since they noticed that APC maintaining Presidency is more important than lives of people
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:49am On Sep 02, 2018
Donald95:

Mechie ọnụ first. We are talking about her release for now
Is your brain paining you or you are paining your brain.................or BOTH?!
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by ashcall(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2018
Our prayers goes to God for her safety and quick rescue.Same to her parents and sibling for God comfort.it's well with you sister
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by gentlegenius(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2018
post=70826689:

We pray everyday she will be back home sooner than expected to be in the arms of her parents, so shall it be by God's grace.
AMEN!

Abeg close your eyes let's say another prayer...

Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Sep 02, 2018
gentlegenius:

AMEN!

Abeg close your eyes let's say another prayer...

1 Share

Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by backnbeta(f): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2018
Every move here in Naija has a political undertone...won't be surprised if she's released soon to score Christian votes. Can't trust our politicians.
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by baliyubla: 8:05am On Sep 02, 2018
Watch as the Lifeless one orders his boys to release Leah in the coming days. I expected these Christian leaders to have been wiser. imagine a dullarrd playing on our collective intelligence
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by gentlegenius(m): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2018
post=70827151:

Wow...
You are the best and the greatest among the zombies...
I mean: You are good in your chosen profession. grin
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2018
God bless our PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

Don't roll in the mud with SWINES, they enjoy it while you get dirty.
Especially when the swine is ugly with dirty afro!
Take note! wink grin grin smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 02, 2018
Whether leah is released or killed....i don't give a damn...

They can rape her 500 times....non of my. Concern...

Whenever buhari need release him, they can..

So whosoever that is the Christian leader saying her release is for 2019 elections must have taken osogbo wild weed.
Re: Leah’s Release Is Key To 2019 Presidential Election —christian Leaders by StillX10(m): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2018
This old hawk and terrorist in aso rock called Buhari won't listen

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Destroys BHTs Vehicles, Neutralizes Several at Zari, Borno. / BREAKING: APC Announced Full List Of Governorship Aspirants In 26 States / Abike Dabiri’s Chances Of Becoming Lagos’ Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.