Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) (34922 Views)

World's First Foldable MicroLED TV Unveiled With A $400,000 Price Tag (Video) / Please Help , Which Company's LED Or OLED TV Is Strong And Reliable. / BBNaija: Crazy Tobi's Fan Feeds Him Via TV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2018

While the world is still trying to get adjusted to the 4K TV technology LG has unveiled the world’s first ever 8K OLED TV at the recent IFA 2018 tech show in Berlin where all major tech companies came from all over the world to showcase their latest and best technology. This massive 88 inch television is four times the pixel count of 4K and sixteen times that of standard HDTV. That’s over 33 million pixels at a 7,680 × 4,320 resolution.

The South Korean electronics giant LG need no other competition. It has solidly cemented it’s position as the number one innovator in display technology in the world. Of course LG is not the only company to unveil an 8K TV at IFA 2018,Samsung also unveiled it’s own 8K TV but it’s not OLED technology, Samsung calls it QLED ( Quantum LED ) which in my opinion cannot be matched to the OLED. The 8K OLED TV is no doubt going to be the future of TV technology

But there’s a problem !

The world is still trying to adjust to the 4K TV technology with limited contents, now manufacturers are trying to force 8K TV down our throats. I think the 8K TV will not receive a warm welcome just yet, not when we only have 4K content available through streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Vudu, SONY PS4 Pro and via 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. Where’s the 8K content going to come from? Without 8K content, the 8K TV is just useless and there’s no way to enjoy it. It’s good to know the technology is out there but I don’t think we’re ready for it yet. Hopefully by 2020 we will begin to have 8K contents available in order to match the 8K TV.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/king-of-display-lg-has-released-the-worlds-first-8k-oled-tv/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by fotadmowmend(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2018
We neva finish 4k self

1 Like

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:32am On Sep 03, 2018
fotadmowmend:
We neva finish 4k self
I tell you

2 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2018
My 4k tv sef I never see 4k content watch inside am. Only some few 4k short clips, never watched a full 4k movie. Only time I get to enjoy 4k is while playing a few games. Now they are bringing 8k lol. Dem try. A full 2 hours 4k movie is about 80-100gb average. So how much space would 8k take?

52 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by hyuga(m): 8:52am On Sep 03, 2018
Will take a long while for 8k to be accepted due to limited contents. IFA is mostly about showcasing the next big thing, won't be surprise it would take a year or so to hit markets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by TechCapon(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2018
hyuga:
Will take a long while for 8k to be accepted due to limited contents. IFA is mostly about showcasing the next big thing, won't be surprise it would take a year or so to hit markets
it will take a very long time. The world is still trying to embrace the 4k. The pace at which technology is advancing is too fast. I'm sure the price of this TV will be over the roof.

13 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nwaikuku2(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2018
Mtcheeew i even though they sell the TV 4k make i buy

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Soulsymbol99: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2018
fotadmowmend:
We neva finish 4k self

Many neva see 4k sef cool

16 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by nwaobitex: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by teekay213(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
My dear Samsung why did you let LG to overtake you?
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bearing in mind how 4k is crystal clear, Trying to undecided imagine how clear the 8k would be

4 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
teekay213:
My dear Samsung why did you let LG to overtake you?

Nope, LG did not beat Samsung. Though LG have announced the first ever 8k OLED tv, but Samsung have also realsed their 8k QLED tv that is commercially available. Which means u can buy them now while the LG 8k OLED is not yet commercially available.

Just so u know, Samsung don't make OLED TV's, they use QLED technology while LG use OLED technology.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
Imagine doing some word-processing on an 8k display without scaling. You'll look for the mouse pointer tire

Meanwhile NTA is still broadcasting in 360p
My chest

LG should have used a microLED panel instead of OLED.

25 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Abjay97(m): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
... China over to you to produce a cheaper version

10 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Tomoyayi(m): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by ExAngel007(f): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
WOW.

Just a minute film would consume more than 100 giga byte
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by kollinz1234(m): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
Lg Life's good when u are not in Nigeria or a Nigerian because in this part of the world, we are still more concerned abt 'Muslim should rule , no Christian should rule, in fact no Igbo should ever rule' these things are more important to us than inventions foolish sh*t hole am sure nobody represented Nigeria

KOLLINZ1234

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by everlymoore86(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Don't worry if u can't purchase it now, another version will soon come out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Tomoyayi(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
krattoss:
Bearing in mind how 4k is crystal clear, Trying to undecided imagine how clear the 8k would be

E go dey see future

1 Like

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by lonlytroy(m): 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nigerians will buy it even when they no get Light

4 Likes

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by doctore212(m): 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin grin
Nwaikuku2:
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Jeromejnr(m): 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
This blogger guy again.

How is LG the King of display abeg when Samsung is there. With their 8k Qled upscaling display.

If you know you want to be a blogger, you guys should learn to remove sentiments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by eleojo23: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Person never even see data to watch 4k content and them dey bring 8k TV.

They are in their own for now.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by omobabaonimalu(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
Werey ni e����
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
Technology On the increase
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by czay(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
Wao the tv is less expensive just 8k? tongue

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Cee-C, BBNija 2018 Housemate, Married? (Photos) / Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 / Efe Finally Back, Overthrows Tboss In Online Voting Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.