Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) (34933 Views)

World's First Foldable MicroLED TV Unveiled With A $400,000 Price Tag (Video) / Please Help , Which Company's LED Or OLED TV Is Strong And Reliable. / BBNaija: Crazy Tobi's Fan Feeds Him Via TV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Abjay97:
... China over to you to produce a cheaper version
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Jeromejnr:
This blogger guy again.

How is LG the King of display abeg when Samsung is there. With their 8k Qled upscaling display.

If you know you want to be a blogger, you guys should learn to remove sentiments.

Though Samsung are the king of OLED display on mobiles, they don't make OLED TV's, they make use of QLED which is LED with quantom dots, a marketing term introduced by Samsung. LG are the king of LED TVs, they make LED displays for Panasonic, Sony, etc. Both QLED and OLED have their advantages and disadvantages. Though looks like Samsung are planning on coming back to OLED TV's
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
PotatoSalad:

LG should have used a microLED panel instead of OLED.

Samsung make use of micro LED and call it QLED while LG use OLED. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. In fact LG makes OLED display for Panasonic and Sony. I heard Samsung are even planning to go back to making OLED TV's
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by sarcasticdude(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos)
Chai and I think say dem won sell am 8K oo!!
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by sarcasticdude(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos)
Chai and I think say dem won sell am 8K oo!!
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
ollah2:

Unfortunately you are in Nigeria, fortunately they don't wait for Africans.

There are several 4K contents abroad. BeIN and skysports have 4k channels for every channel but DSTV who own supersport have limited HD supersport channels let alone other channels.

Bro, not all channels on beIN are available in 4k, only selected channels and u have to pay extra for 4k. Dstv have up to 15 channels in FHD, not just supersports. People abroad mainly enjoy 4k content on Netflix which u also can here but which network u want use? The only way to enjoy 4k here in Nigeria is to buy 4k Blu Ray movies but those are not even available here.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Youngzedd(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
fotadmowmend:
We neva finish 4k self

We never finish 2k, na 8k they wan give us.

Full movie in 8K can get up to 300GB

Why buy 8k when it's hard to see movie of 2k talk more of 4k.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Rick9(m): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Person just gat to upgrade
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by ollah2: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro, not all channels on beIN are available in 4k, only selected channels and u have to pay extra for 4k. Dstv have up to 15 channels in FHD, not just supersports. People abroad mainly enjoy 4k content on Netflix which u also can here but which network u want use? The only way to enjoy 4k here in Nigeria is to buy 4k Blu Ray movies but those are not even available here.

Sorry didn't mean all. But they have plenty 4k channels, yes it could cost more but it's not over the roof. How many HD channels exist for premium DSTV subscribers in Nigeria?

Some few wired and unpopular networks would stream 4k easily in Nigeria.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by suckmyPENIS: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
zicoraads:
Can't even pretend to understand all this 4k, 8k talk. undecided

Is it the prize of the TV? undecided
4K resolution, also called 4K, refers to a horizontal screen display resolution in the order of 4,000 pixels.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by zicoraads: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
suckmyPENIS:
4K resolution, also called 4K, refers to a horizontal screen display resolution in the order of 4,000 pixels.
Thank you!

Had to read up on it after I posted that comment. cheesy
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by nursemyke: 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
Don't be surprise that Joint Movies and Photographic Expert Groups will soon roll out videos and graphic format that will 8k compatible but very compressed that will save disk space and can easily be streamed such that 2hour movie of that format will be about 1Gb or even less. It will be a full digital video that can be viewed in 4D sef. Wait and see
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by reiddecuti: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Don't mind them.

Forcing shut upon us.

I guess it's for those that'll trip.

I'm off......
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Jeromejnr:
This blogger guy again.

How is LG the King of display abeg when Samsung is there. With their 8k Qled upscaling display.

If you know you want to be a blogger, you guys should learn to remove sentiments.

Because oled >qled

LG has the best 8k TV in the world
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
greenhulk:

Samsung make use of micro LED and call it QLED while LG use OLED. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. In fact LG makes OLED display for Panasonic and Sony. I heard Samsung are even planning to go back to making OLED TV's
Samsung can't go back to making oled TVs unless they swallow their pride and join the likes of Sony who buy oled panels from LG. LG has the patent for oled, you either buy from them or use a different technology. Samsung being the arrogant fellows chose to use qled rather than buy oled from LG. I admire your knowledge though.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Jeromejnr(m): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
girl4rmspace:

Because oled >qled

LG has the best 8k TV in the world

And Samsung has the best mobile display in the world.

Samsung qhd mobile display> than any 4k tv out there.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2018
Jeromejnr:

And Samsung has the best mobile display in the world.

Samsung qhd mobile display> than any 4k tv out there.

What has mobile got to do with the conversation? We talking 8k tvs and you are talking about 4k phones? Lol
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Jeromejnr(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2018
girl4rmspace:

What has mobile got to do with the conversation? We talking 8k tvs and you are talking about 4k phones? Lol

Dont be dumb.

The OP said LG is the king of displays.

English.

Displays is a generic term in the sentence.

And I said..If Samsung made an oled display on a mobile that has been said to beat all display TV's in existence, what will happen when they go back to making OLED for TV's.

So therefore, LG cannot be the king of displays.

Comprehend first before quoting.
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2018
greenhulk:

QLED and MicroLED are two different technologies
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by mychelyte(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
greenhulk:
My 4k tv sef I never see 4k content watch inside am. Only some few 4k short clips, never watched a full 4k movie. Only time I get to enjoy 4k is while playing a few games. Now they are bringing 8k lol. Dem try. A full 2 hours 4k movie is about 80-100gb average. So how much space would 8k take?
�� that one go be terabytes
Re: LG Unveils The World’s First 8k Oled TV (photos) by Femi316: 7:09am On Feb 14, 2019
TechCapon:
I tell you
No mind them.....na naija nie go still buy am bkus we like waste of money.......?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Cee-C, BBNija 2018 Housemate, Married? (Photos) / Ngozi Ezeonu & Eucharia Anunobi Contest For Senate In "Perfect Seduction" (Pics / Efe Finally Back, Overthrows Tboss In Online Voting Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.