Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra (21876 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging / 8-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Abuja After Losing A Game To His Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by EmagNig(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2018
A boy identified as Prince Chigozie, 19, has reportedly committed suicide in Anambra State, because he was denied access to banana by one of his family members.

The incident took place in Mmakwum village, Obosi in the Idemili North Local Government Area of the state.

According to Punch Metro, Chigozie hanged himself in his room.

A source in the community who begged not to be named for fear of victimisation told our correspondent that Chigozie was found hanging in his room by his father.

He said, “Though no suicide note was found around him about his death; we suspect he killed himself because he was denied of some bananas by one of his relations, whom, I wouldn’t want to mention here

“I saw him fuming in the morning hours. When I approached him, he said a relation of his had been denying him many things because of his unemployed state.

“I told him to take it easy, but he kept fuming and threatening. Shortly after that, I heard that he had committed suicide.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Haruna confirmed the story to our correspondent.

He said, “One Uche Gbughemobi of Mmakwum village Obosi reported at Obosi Police Division how he found his son dead in his room. The scene was visited and the victim was taken to Crown Hospital Obosi where he was confirmed dead by a medical doctor.”

He said the case was being investigated to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.

https://lailasnews.com/boy-commits-suicide-in-anambra-because-he-was-denied-access-to-banana/

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Bluezy13(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2018

“I saw him fuming in the morning hours. When I approached him, he said a relation of his had been denying him MANY THINGS because of his unemployed state."

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
Auladimeji:
Igbo again
Shut the hell up! Is frustration from prolonged unemployment restricted to any tribe or race for that matter?

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by chiommy123(f): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Killing himself doesn't in any way solve the problem. He actually created more problem for himself and family. Cos he will answer the creator why he took the life he can't give.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Auladimeji(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Earthbound:

Shut the hell up! Is frustration from prolonged unemployment restricted to any tribe or race for that matter?
Shut the hell down

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Bonapart(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Kind of lie is this. They should better say what kill the poor kid.

7 Likes

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by pelicanbeau(f): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
But why chose death over life even when you can have many things later in life?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by SEONaijaExpert: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sometimes you read some news and you don't know what to type.

This is one.

5 Likes

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Etizz: 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
To me he's not mentally stable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by pacifust058(m): 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Na dem dem

1 Like

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by gurunlocker: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Auladimeji:
Igbo again

Suicide is applicable to a particular tribe?

You NL tribalists are bigots.... Some times, it's better not to comment at all than display madness.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by 93Miles: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pigs of Biafra

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by PRINCEVICKEY: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
CHECK THE FAMILY .... THE FATHER MARRIES MORE THAN ONE WIFE ...BATTLE FOR THE FUTURE THROWN ....IF U KNOW U KNOW ...

1 Like

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by capatainrambo: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Auladimeji:
Igbo again
it's bad omen for fools to become ftc

7 Likes

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by dayleke: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
It wasn't the banana joor...
He was frustrated cos of his unemployed situation ,the banana must have been the tilting fruit,no pun intended.

20 Likes

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Jay5mie: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Buhari why!
Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Seconsol92(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nawao
Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by tstx(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
He didn't commit suicide because of banana... he committed suicide because of depression

23 Likes

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by oshe11: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
shocked
Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Randy100: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
He is not man enough. What prevents him from buying his own banana.
Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Richdad50(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
i dont comment on TABLOID
Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by Pavore9: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Auladimeji:
Igbo again

Bringing in tribe belittles you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Earthbound:

Mr Fukushima you’re new employment age is 19 and at 19 he’s already frustrated like Mr kanu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by pweshdodo(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Igbo AMA..
Ordinary ogede grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by wolesmile(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
This id beyond banana.
They must have been denying him some other necessities too.
But is any of the things they are denying him of worth this suicide?

In other news:
I think our neighbours shouting "marginalization" should take a cue from this. If they think they are being denied of some things, mass suicide is an option. We won't miss them!!!

1 Like

Re: Boy Commits Suicide Because Of Banana In Anambra by idonhammer: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
Lairs..Those are not Igbo names.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Paid Evans 223,000 Euros As Ransom – Witness Tells Court / Sokoto Forced Bride Attacks Husband With Blade, 3 Weeks After Wedding / 20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.