Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku (20164 Views)

Obasanjo And I Rigged Elections In 2003 - Atiku / Obi Is Winning Lagos / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Kaymercury(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
y
Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
He apologised to party members for what he called his mistake, saying that Lagos would have been better off, if he had delivered it to the PDP then.

Atiku should focus on other things and issues. With this statement he is dancing perilously close to failure. Of all the states controlled by PDP, which has done well ? Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Kano, Cross River, Akwa-Ibom, Kaduna have almost nothing to show for their wealth.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Seetto: 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
Use rigging to win the five states

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by GavelSlam: 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
This idiot doesn't even consider the electorate to have a say.

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by lezan(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
Atiku can lie for Africa o... All in the name of winning election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by quickberry(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
londonrivals:
Former Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on Monday said he regretted not doing much to help the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) win in Lagos State when he had the opportunity in 2003.

Abubakar, a PDP presidential aspirant, spoke in Lagos while holding a meeting with members of the party in the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting was part of his nationwide tour of state chapters, to seek support for his aspiration ahead of 2019 general elections.

He revealed how his former boss, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, before the 2003 elections, gave him the task to deliver the six South/West states then governed by the Alliance for Democracy (AD) to the PDP.

Abubakar said that in carrying out the task, he delivered all the states to PDP, except Lagos.

The former Vice-President said that he deliberately did not do much to win Lagos because of his relationship with former governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

He apologised to party members for what he called his mistake, saying that Lagos would have been better off, if he had delivered it to the PDP then.

“When we came to power in 1999, the entire South/Western states were controlled by the AD.

“And when we were approaching the 2003 elections, I told my boss, give me the chance to take over the South-West

“And he gave me that authority, and I took all the states with the exception of Lagos.

“Why? Because Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and I came a long way from the SDP, PDM and all of that, and I felt I should leave Lagos for him. In fact, I could easily have taken over Lagos, but I did not.

“I have since regretted my decision; please, my sisters and brothers in the party, I want you to forgive me for taking Lagos out of that arrangement.

“If I have another opportunity again, Lagos will be taken to where it belongs. So, I am appealing to you to give me that opportunity so that I can correct the mistakes that I made”, he said.

Abubakar said his decision to seek the number one seat in the country was to reposition and put it on the path of progress.

He said that the country was having serious issues in the areas of economy and security, assuring that he would fix the problems if elected.

Abubakar said that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) had failed to deliver the promised change.

He said that he was committed to the idea of restructuring, and believed it was key to the country’s progress.

The former vice president said he would restructure the country within six months in office, if given the mandate.

Abubakar pointed out that the Federal Government was too powerful, and promised to ensure devolution of power to other federating units.

“If I am elected, I will make the centre unattractive and ensure that power devolves to the states”, he said.

He called on party members across the country to support his bid as he meant well for the country.

Earlier, the Director-General of the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Otuba Gbenga Daniel, said that his principal had the capacity to reposition Nigeria.

He said that he has the passion and the experience to lead the country and would not disappoint Nigerians, if given the opportunity.

Daniel, a former governor of Ogun, appealed to members in the Lagos state chapter to be united and support the aspiration of Abubakar.

The only PDP member of the state House of Assembly, Mr Dipo Olohunrinu thanked the former vice president for the visit.

He promised the aspirant full support, adding that PDP members in the state had confidence in him.

“We will support you, we will be with you .We are 100 per cent with you and your aspiration,’’ he said.

NAN reports that Abubakar was also accompanied on the visit by former Minister of Niger Delta, Chief Godsday Orubebe.

Former Minister of Works, Adeseye Ogunlewe, was among leaders that received the aspirant in Lagos.

http://www.metronaija.ng/i-regret-not-winning-lagos-for-pdp-in-2003-atiku/

In ur dreams

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by myproperty(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
that means you you were not loyal to your party. You mixed politics with sentiment. if you become president wont you mix or sacrifice governance on the alter of sentiment? like buhari like Atiku

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by TimeManager(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
pls, who is this idiot...
kiss the truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by tunary(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
toilet mouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by babdap: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Atiku desperation had made him lose his senses, even Obasanjo no fit. For the records PDP out rigged South West States in 2003.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by experimentist: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
Make somebody give am handkerchief grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Antipob777(f): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
He can only win in the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra Republic.

Nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by justsayemma(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
the south western states he won, what did he do with it? y did they fall back to AC if pdp had done well? who dey even believe dis man sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by SIRTOPSTAR47(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
It's too late try your best else where. LAGOS STATE is deeply rooted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by AreaFada2: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
At times we choose to generally disbelieve politicians. Because we cannot tell when they are honest or not.

But Atiku may have a point. Among different parties, friendships do cut across. PDP did win 5 SW states, no mean feat at all. Had he really tried hard or adopted "by any means" method in Lagos, he might have succeeded.
Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by seunmsg(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Simply put, he regrets not rigging Lagos for PDP in 2003.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by sureheaven(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yeye man, even OBJ with federal might and power for his 8 good years didn’t succeed talk more of u corrupt thief.

Atiku thunder scatter your mouth. Lagos is no going area for PDP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by egusbaba(m): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
Oga abeg leave story 2019 is very much around oya go and win it for yourself!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
a man that did not win his own state the only time he contested for presidency?

ADAMAWA yaradua 508,314 Buhari 344,526 Atiku 32,786

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Ingocof(m): 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Thank God you didn't take Lagos state, all of the states you claimed to have taken look to Lagos as a model of development

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by BabaO2: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
He thinks he's talking to his clan. Fact of 2003 was that brazen rigging of Lagos would have cost obj/atiku the presidency for their 2nd term in office

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by tonyzaks: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
U regret ba, this is one of many

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by yinnyme(m): 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
londonrivals:
Former Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on Monday said he regretted not doing much to help the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) win in Lagos State when he had the opportunity in 2003.

Abubakar, a PDP presidential aspirant, spoke in Lagos while holding a meeting with members of the party in the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting was part of his nationwide tour of state chapters, to seek support for his aspiration ahead of 2019 general elections.

He revealed how his former boss, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, before the 2003 elections, gave him the task to deliver the six South/West states then governed by the Alliance for Democracy (AD) to the PDP.

Abubakar said that in carrying out the task, he delivered all the states to PDP, except Lagos.

The former Vice-President said that he deliberately did not do much to win Lagos because of his relationship with former governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

“When we came to power in 1999, the entire South/Western states were controlled by the AD.

“And when we were approaching the 2003 elections, I told my boss, give me the chance to take over the South-West

“And he gave me that authority, and I took all the states with the exception of Lagos.

“Why? Because Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and I came a long way from the SDP, PDM and all of that, and I felt I should leave Lagos for him. In fact, I could easily have taken over Lagos, but I did not.

“I have since regretted my decision; please, my sisters and brothers in the party, I want you to forgive me for taking Lagos out of that arrangement.

“If I have another opportunity again, Lagos will be taken to where it belongs. So, I am appealing to you to give me that opportunity so that I can correct the mistakes that I made”, he said.

Abubakar said his decision to seek the number one seat in the country was to reposition and put it on the path of progress.

He said that the country was having serious issues in the areas of economy and security, assuring that he would fix the problems if elected.

Abubakar said that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) had failed to deliver the promised change.

He said that he was committed to the idea of restructuring, and believed it was key to the country’s progress.

The former vice president said he would restructure the country within six months in office, if given the mandate.

Abubakar pointed out that the Federal Government was too powerful, and promised to ensure devolution of power to other federating units.

“If I am elected, I will make the centre unattractive and ensure that power devolves to the states”, he said.

He called on party members across the country to support his bid as he meant well for the country.

Earlier, the Director-General of the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Otuba Gbenga Daniel, said that his principal had the capacity to reposition Nigeria.

He said that he has the passion and the experience to lead the country and would not disappoint Nigerians, if given the opportunity.

Daniel, a former governor of Ogun, appealed to members in the Lagos state chapter to be united and support the aspiration of Abubakar.

The only PDP member of the state House of Assembly, Mr Dipo Olohunrinu thanked the former vice president for the visit.

He promised the aspirant full support, adding that PDP members in the state had confidence in him.

“We will support you, we will be with you .We are 100 per cent with you and your aspiration,’’ he said.

NAN reports that Abubakar was also accompanied on the visit by former Minister of Niger Delta, Chief Godsday Orubebe.

Former Minister of Works, Adeseye Ogunlewe, was among leaders that received the aspirant in Lagos.

http://www.metronaija.ng/i-regret-not-winning-lagos-for-pdp-in-2003-atiku/

So where are the states you delivered? Politicians can talk sha

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Felixv: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
the problem with atiku is that he respects no one --so therefore he has a lot of hangers on who feed his overbloated ego (I guess the same with saraki)

winning lagos is not a cakewalk, he should should stick to adamawa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by Calers: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
You win south west except Lagos after you guys killed bola ige .may God punish pdp.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by HolyClement001(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
animal sense less man

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by oloriLFC(f): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Of all the SouthWestern states you claimed to have won for PDP, which one of them is still controlled by them? OGUN, OSUN, EKITI, OYO, Which one? Lagos you never won and you'll never win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by psychalade: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by eyinjuege: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
2019 will be so interesting
So much drama unfolding
Re: I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku by olajizz01(m): 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
Really, this is a shocking revelation,there was a nairalander few days ago who alleged Atiku as a murderer of Bola Ige,but nobody took him serious,this might be true,the death of Bola Ige preceded the taken over of 5 southwest states by PDP then,and without the killings of Bola Ige,it was impossible to win SW then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

S’west Forum Wants Senate Presidency Zoned To S’south / Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race / Okah Hides Sim In Pant; Smuggles Phone Into Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.