Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu (5560 Views)

Insp. Richard Gele: Police Dismisses, De-kits Police Inspector In Viral Video / SARS Officer Who Killed Ram Seller, Paraded - Made To Sit On The Ground. Photos / Yahoo Boys Weep As SARS Officer Threatens To Kill Them [VIDEOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by voiceoftheupcom: 6:02am On Sep 04, 2018
POLICE DISMISSES SARS OFFICER FOR EXTORTING FASHION DESIGNER IN IKORODU
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/09/police-dismisses-sars-officer-for.html

Three months after an officer of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Inspector Charles Omotosho, attached to the Lagos State Police Command was arrested for extorting a fashion stylist in Ikorodu, Lagos Mainland, the Police Force has dismissed the officer.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that the FSARS officer was dismissed after the conclusion of investigations into his actions in May 2018, in Ikorodu, Lagos Mainland.
The news of the sacking of Inspector Omotosho is coming weeks after the Vice President of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo ordered the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris to overhaul the SARS unit.
He was Omotosho was found guilty of Corrupt Practices and Discreditable Conduct contrary to Para. C (ii) and E (iii) of Police Act and Regulations CAP. P19 LFN 2004.
In addition, all his Police equipments including identification card have been retrieved from him, Eyes Of Lagos gathered.
Recall that Inspector Omotosho was arrested as after a Twitter user, Princess Ife shared her encounter with the operatives via her page.
In her post, Ife said she was arrested by the FSARS operatives and had to part with the sum of N5,000 (Five Thousand Naira) before she was released.
The victim who shared a snapshot of the internet transfer, tweeted saying; “With my encounter today, it’s safe to say SARS are armed robbers. Was going for a shoot in Ikorodu today & armed members of SARS pulled us over & made us pay for no reason. Threatening they were gon waste our lives. I made a transfer so they can be traced.”
Her post immediately drew the attention of social media users whose condemnations got the attention of the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) and Head of Police Public Complaints Rapid Response Unit, ACP Abayomi Shogunle.
ACP Shogunle in a swift response stated that the Unit has acknowledged the complaints by the stylist adding that investigation has been initiated. This was just after he publicly shared a tracking number – #PCRRU316356 for the matter.

cc : Lalasticalala, seun , Mynd44

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Auxtin85(m): 6:23am On Sep 04, 2018
Yes I believe these guys will start receiving senses now. Haba na them hungry pass, everybody na criminal to these SARS thieves

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by donvicky2007: 7:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Justice at last

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by itchie: 7:02am On Sep 04, 2018
EndSARS
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by nony43(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2018
B
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by ttshems(m): 7:03am On Sep 04, 2018
Like the way a police man rob me of my sales money last night,

Asking me for laptop receipt

Now I have to trust for the Nigeria Police
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by bigcil2(m): 7:03am On Sep 04, 2018
Lol
I’m happy these Sars people are now been controlled. Earlier they felt invincible because of that dressing they were on. Now that they use normal people uniform hehe I want to see how they’ll go about treating citizens like animals.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Queenext: 7:04am On Sep 04, 2018
Dismissal over 5k

Stupid guy, if only he has been fair, in his duty

1 Like

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by datola: 7:04am On Sep 04, 2018
He should not only be dismissed but be monitored to avoid him becoming more hardened arm robber.

Say NO to crime!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by goldenceo1: 7:04am On Sep 04, 2018
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 04, 2018
This should be a lesson to other sars members to thread with caution in dealing with civilians
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by apeleone(f): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2018
Career destroyed because of greed. Good riddance,more ogas at the top will be disgraced soon.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Beface(m): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2018
I hope he will not become a criminal like the leader of Kwara bank robbery now that he has been sack!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by pointstores(m): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2018
Nawa
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by israelmao(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2018
Gale of sacks with few trials not enough.Some these SARS guys are just fall guys of their bosses.
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Gamesmart: 7:10am On Sep 04, 2018
donvicky2007:
Justice at last

Wey the justice?

Has he been sentenced to death by firing squad?

Or what is the punishment for armed robbery in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by judebigboy: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2018
I don't think dismissing him alone is well enough to justify his despicable act. He should have been jailed too.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by rottennaija(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2018
I hope the ladies life is not endangered

1 Like

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 04, 2018
Nairaland is so annoying. This is old news for instablog na. Many updates when una dey move come front page na news when instablog done carry 3 to 4 days ago. You mods una nor serious for una work at all.

3 Likes

Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by EagleScribes: 7:16am On Sep 04, 2018
way to go.

But it shouldn't end there. He should be tried and prosecuted. The lady's life may not be safe after all

in other news, the outcry of the people has brought in some sanity. If only we can prevail against these rogues called politicians.......
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2018
Congratulations to the people of ikorodu

Your deliverance is here
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Offpoint: 7:17am On Sep 04, 2018
A lot of Nairalanders don't like my comments 'cuz I fed every the raw truth in a weirdest way possible: back to the topic.

This is unfair to dismissed guy, the crime he's being dismissed for is the same crime everyone reading this knows the entire police Force is guilty of. you don't just dismissed a retarded, legal criminal into the society, a person who had experienced in killing... that's a rebirth of an ABOMINATION. with means of survival he was a ruthless extortionist, just imagine in your own state of mind what becomes of him now: yeah! you're thought is as good as mine.

Dismissing these guys is not the solution, re-orientation is what they need.
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Exponental(m): 7:21am On Sep 04, 2018
One..........! Many more out there with such attitude. If this can be sustained, Police/FSARS will sit up.
But on a contrary, is he a LEARNER, transfer for an illegal deal
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Samirana360(m): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2018
no need of dismissing a uniform person and still allow him/her walk freely.....tomorrow that fellow will join robbery.... execute them or imprisonment
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Darkseid(m): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2018
How many times
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by itiswellandwell: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2018
This news made frontpage last week naaw.
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Darkseid(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2018
How many times are we going to see this; and he shouldn't just be dismissed, he should also be jailed for extortion.
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2018
If True Thats A Welcome Development.Need 2 Make An Example Outta D Crooked 1s
Re: Police Dismisses Sars Officer For Extorting Fashion Designer In Ikorodu by loadedvibes: 7:30am On Sep 04, 2018
He couldn't have being alone

(1) (2)

Bomb Blast In Enugu / Picture Of The Two Girls And Guy That Died This Morning [graphical] Too Sad: / ₦58.6Billion Painting Stolen In 1985 Found In Couple's Room In 2017 After Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.